We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
i unlocked yv in nuke thrones and i really like one eyed triangle men okay
So I beat Bravely Second (which had a hella rad final boss sequence) and am now enamored with the whole series. I want a Bravely Third now.

I'm considering picking up Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light, since I hear Bravely Default was a spiritual successor.
[Image: 6LGz4x9.png]
There's a lot you'll recognize in 4 Heroes of Light, most notably the Wandering Adventurer save point guy, but it plays very differently from Bravely Default. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I thought it was pretty neat personally, just something you should be aware of.

Basically: you don't get to mix and match job commands (except with one bonus job that requires a lot of time to get), but you can equip spells and use them regardless of job. There's also an action-point system that's similar to the whole Brave and Default thing, but it doesn't give you multiple turns; it just affects the cost of actions. (You don't even have MP, Ethers give you five action points instead.) The Black Mage and White Mage jobs make their respective magic types cost one less action point.

The weirdest thing about it is that you don't get to select targets at all, including for healing spells/items, but the auto-targeting is generally smart enough that this doesn't have as big an impact as you'd think.

It's also worth noting that 100% completion is a huge time sink in that game.
I've never been one for 100% collection - Bravely Second was actually probably the most I've completed any game, since I maxed out all the jobs, reached level 99, and found all the Catmancy spells. I didn't have the patience to collect all the items, though, or complete the bestiary, and I'm probably not going to go back for the bonus bosses.

And if the targeting is good, I'm fine. I don't have a problem with auto-targetting on its own, but when the AI is bad it's frustrating. *sidelong glance at Persona 3*

To be entirely honest, if the music and writing are good, I can forgive a lot.
[Image: 6LGz4x9.png]
[Image: tumblr_o7y3nde3zu1rgzp42o3_540.png]
DOOM is really, really good. I didn't think it was going to be super good but then the Bombcast guys were raving about it and I'm like 'y'know what sure' and then man wow just

The combat is SO MUCH FUN. It's just, like, super active. If you're not moving, you're getting murdered, and between double jumping and your ability to climb up ledges quickly, you have plenty of options for getting around. Enemies are powerful and rude but it's okay because your weapons are also powerful and rude. Health goes up and down a lot, and when you've damaged an enemy enough, if you perform a melee attack on them, you instantly finish them off and they explode into health. You've also got a CHAINSAW, which is a one hit kill on any non-boss enemy. You can use that to both take care of problem enemies before they fuck your shit, but also you can use a LOT of ammo in a single combat scenario, and when you chainsaw kill an enemy, they explode into a TON of ammo, which is good because your super shotgun is outta ammo and you need to shoot more dudes in the face with the super shotgun.
In one combat encounter, I'm juggling several weapons, a chainsaw, grenades, and my hold on my life, which is tenuous at best, and there are a million enemies everywhere and i'm basically out of breath by the time everyone is dead and it's SO SATISFYING.
Oh, there's no regenerating health, so those melee finishers are super important, but also, there is no reloading. Well, one weapon reloads, but yeah. No reloading, because this implies WAITING FOR SOMETHING. and we can't be having that

there's also a lot of secrets to hunt for if that's your thing. It's kind of my thing.
Hey guys I made a video game, you can play it with your ipads (android version coming if it sells enough copies?).

Quote:Delve deep into a cavernous Norse prison of the future, and unearth a mysterious tale of power, fate, and the Gods themselves.

A frail old man has been trapped for hundreds of years. The time has finally come for him to escape. Take command of powerful telekinetic abilities to bypass highly advanced security measures, carefully sneak past vicious cave-dwelling beasts, and fight your way through robotic Valkyrie sentinels in this enthralling puzzle-adventure game.
iTunes Link

It only launched a couple of hours ago and has already been highly reviewed by this french guy, which is cool.

Buying this video game won't like, directly put money into my hands because I have already been paid and I'm going to look for another job, but the better this game does the better it looks in my portfolio so there's that. Plus it will just make me happy.
If you do end up playing it, dropping a review on iTunes would be really helpful because that means it's more likely to catch the eye of Apple themselves and it's otherwise quite hard to actually get your game noticed in the sea of other apps on there.

I wrote a slightly more detailed description in this tumblr post, and as I am already shamelessly shilling myself, I wouldn't mind if you reblogged it to get me a bit more exposure too ,)
I love norse vaporwave
Standing here, The way ahead's becoming clear
All across these new frontiers
In my hands I hold the ones I love
Walk forward through the cold dawn
Always to new horizons
I drew fanart for horse game

[Image: JQ8rdm4.png?1]
i bought drawful 2 and played it with friends and here are some of the good results:

(friends included schazer, plaid, rivenforge, mirdini (for about five minutes), btp and akumu)

SpoilerShow
and the best for last...

[Image: drawful22_zpscaisg7w0.png]

SpoilerShow
I cannot believe I missed this bare seconds before going to sleep >:O If you decide to play again please hit this fucker up, it looks like you had fun
Important note about the last one is that my choice got upvoted by everyone, and we all lost it when we saw

My suggested title was "schaz's nudes"
[Image: WEdy1pW.png] [Image: cyTsdj6.png]
[Image: 30058_799389.png]
mighty no 9
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
(06-24-2016, 07:06 PM)Infrared Wrote: »mighty no 9

Ed do I have to remind you that this is a friendly forum where we say friendly things to each other, and not this vile filth?
Gems of War, a free collectable card / bejeweled game on Steam.

You're welcome.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
i bought a video game house in final fantasy fourteen again lads
Always to new horizons
tell us what happened lad
i havent slept in the last few days because i need my house to be perfect

[Image: tumblr_o9fejmacAV1qgr4ubo2_540.png]
[Image: tumblr_o9fejmacAV1qgr4ubo1_400.png]
[Image: tumblr_o9fejmacAV1qgr4ubo3_1280.png]

im missing the wallpaper and half of the room for the bottom floor and i havent completed my stuffed toys collection but I HAVE EXTREME FOOD TRAYS
Always to new horizons
[Image: moredrawful1_zpsoncqskq0.png]

SpoilerShow

[Image: moredrawful2_zpss3rorh2b.png]

SpoilerShow

[Image: moredrawful3_zps724mzycc.png]

[Image: moredrawful4_zpsgisdfhhm.png]

SpoilerShow

[Image: moredrawful5_zps9edalzjj.png]

SpoilerShow

[Image: moredrawful6_zpsaapzxeis.png]

SpoilerShow

[Image: moredrawful7_zpshaa4uiwf.png]

[Image: moredrawful8_zpsnckvkcnk.png]

SpoilerShow

[Image: moredrawful9_zpsddnbvdd5.png]

SpoilerShow
further drawful spam:

[Image: IMG_2052_zpsb0n0gxbc.jpeg]

SpoilerShow

[Image: Screen%20Shot%202016-06-23%20at%209.43.1...qkousm.png]

SpoilerShow

[Image: Screen%20Shot%202016-06-23%20at%209.03.0...q6h3jj.png]

SpoilerShow

[Image: 11cf05c66744f9586396517aeb1f9560.png]

SpoilerShow

[Image: 5f7af3533bcc83cf7a1fc74af510ceb9.png]

SpoilerShow

[Image: 58b0c5ccd26d21b3bc8db60812acd6e4.png]

SpoilerShow

[Image: 078defce36f60c244d6599d4fc23bf33.png]

SpoilerShow

[Image: e6ebbe3568b764fb7fbf8e554400f617.png]

SpoilerShow

[Image: 8f39aa3699afe40d7aca68077b403cbe.png]

SpoilerShow

[Image: image-sticky_notes-IXCALIBER.png]

SpoilerShow

[Image: image-literally_nothing-JACQUEREL.png]

SpoilerShow

[Image: image-fremp-BTP.png]

SpoilerShow

[Image: image-a_dog,_and_then_another_dog_comes_...-AKUMU.png]

SpoilerShow

from the experimental grand battle deck:

[Image: image-bartleby-JACQUEREL_zpsvza8s3he.png]

SpoilerShow

we don't exactly remember what this was but here's the picture anyway:

[Image: Screen%20Shot%202016-06-23%20at%209.41.3...sdaqgh.png]

SpoilerShow

[Image: Screen%20Shot%202016-06-23%20at%209.39.2...nfxeob.png]

hang up your gun and star of david

SpoilerShow

i'm out of drawful pics for the moment i guess
(06-29-2016, 03:36 AM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »[Image: image-fremp-BTP.png]

SpoilerShow

I need to state for the record that I submitted "malkytop" as my answer for this one.
Where can I join these? Do you guys just hang on irc?
(06-29-2016, 04:57 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »I need to state for the record that I submitted "malkytop" as my answer for this one.

wait but I was the one who wrote malkytop
unless you mean you voted for malkytop

(06-29-2016, 05:09 AM)a52 Wrote: »Where can I join these? Do you guys just hang on irc?

Usually it's suggested in Discord and then because the same skype room is used every time, sometimes more people notice when the screen share starts.
(06-29-2016, 09:51 AM)Jacquerel Wrote: »
(06-29-2016, 04:57 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »I need to state for the record that I submitted "malkytop" as my answer for this one.

wait but I was the one who wrote malkytop
unless you mean you voted for malkytop

Oh, maybe that was it, maybe it was during the game when I was the entire audience. My memory's a little fuzzy.
The important point is that "malkytop" is the best answer for that one.