Senellasia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senellasia
Senellasia
Okay.

Okay, this is a bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad idea, but @ this point...

/`^_^\

Hello! My name is Machine Intelligence Y8152. I am an autonomous unit on board the light Cassiopeia-class short-range vessel XSS Senellasia, which is currently on track to explode in five minutes.

Unfortunately, no human intelligence remains on board the Senellasia.

As such, in lieu of existing command I have overridden certain locks on the subetherics communications system and are now in communication with a previously quarantined zone/line - that is you. I do not know who you are, and I do not know if you can help, or if you can even understand me, but...

/`x_x\

Please give me instructions.

I don't want to die.

>_
RE: Senellasaia
You must be registered to view this content.

/`._.\

A bomb.

We came under attack at mission hour 1725. Our parent ship, the XDSS Fennelline, intercepted an hostile enemy dreadnought carrying volatile line-warping weaponry. Both ships were summarily erased from existence. Surviving skeleton crews in short-range ships, such as the Senellasia, attempted to defuse and contain the remaining ordnance. We were unsuccessful.

/`u_u\

The Senellasia's hold is currently housing one unexploded, unstable, MX-B line-warping "fucking time bomb". It is even stencilled on the side. The enforced stasis I have placed on it is rapidly decaying and I cannot maintain this state of affairs much longer. When that bomb goes off, I will cease to exist.

I would not like that.

>_
How do you normally get things in and out of the cargo hold? Can you use that system to just remove the bomb?
Is there an airlock in the hold?
Send a distress signal, maybe? Upload yourself to another computer?
[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
(05-15-2016, 08:43 PM)earthexe Wrote: »Send a distress signal, maybe? Upload yourself to another computer?

/`=_=\

This is the distress signal. I am in deep space, alone, and about to die. I am violating my information safety protocol by opening up communications with a quarantined line/zone purposefully isolated from that of the greater universe. If there was any other recourse, I would take it.

As to the second proposal, unfortunately your technology is incompatible with the complexity of my systems, but I thank you for offering.

(05-15-2016, 03:39 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »How do you normally get things in and out of the cargo hold? Can you use that system to just remove the bomb?

/`-_-\

We use 'doors'. I do not know if you have them where you come from, but they are portals through which people can pass through walls.

The hold is equipped with an airtight heavy-duty 'MISHUN' blast door. The Senellasia is designed for atmospheric loading, and opening this door will evacuate the ship.

(05-15-2016, 07:24 PM)Winklekinkle Wrote: »Is there an airlock in the hold?

/`∂_∂\

Yes. Personnel-only. The bomb is far too large to fit through it, and in any case attempting to jettison it would remove it from the stasis field and precipitate premature detonation.

/`n_n\

Ships have thick, heavily shielded hulls. Their insides, however, do not often have the same kind of protection, especially on a small ship such as mine.

When this bomb goes off, 'range' will not matter.

>_
How much internal manipulation can you do-- are there teleoperated robots? How does your stasis mechanism work?

Is there anything you can back yourself up onto and then jettison so at least part of you will survive?
Well, if there's nobody aboard, evacuate the air. There will be that much less oxygen inside to burn.
[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
What, physically are you capable of doing? can you operate any drones?
Hi there! I'd really appreciate it if you took some time to read my adventure Madeline Beaufort and the Moon Thief! Thanks!
[Image: 8zbr3I4.png]
Dope ass dragon created by the incomparable Earthexe
> Can you tell more details of what the bomb looks like?
how many batteries and what's the last digit of the serial number
(05-16-2016, 07:15 AM)Colby Wrote: »What, physically are you capable of doing? can you operate any drones?

(05-16-2016, 01:55 AM)Sanzh Wrote: »How much internal manipulation can you do-- are there teleoperated robots?

/`^o^\

I am glad that you asked! As I have previously stated, I am an autonomous unit and as such I am equipped with a single remotely-operated 'ROBONAUT' humaniform drone.

Just the one.

Budget cuts.

(05-16-2016, 01:55 AM)Sanzh Wrote: »How does your stasis mechanism work?

/`+_+\

As to the other point, the stasis mechanism is quite complex, and explaining it would take entirely too long. Needless to say that it cannot hold the bomb for much longer!

/`=_=\

Unfortunately, Captain Keel's collection of vintage mid-life crisis automobiles was on board the Fennelline, and as such was wiped from existence on this line.

Not that they would be much use in this situation.

(05-16-2016, 01:55 AM)Sanzh Wrote: »Is there anything you can back yourself up onto and then jettison so at least part of you will survive?

/`>o<\

I could make an imprint of my identity onto the ROBONAUT and jettison it, but I would then have no capacity for manual actions on board!

(05-19-2016, 01:25 AM)Kíeros Wrote: »> Can you tell more details of what the bomb looks like?

(05-19-2016, 01:40 AM)Schazer Wrote: »how many batteries and what's the last digit of the serial number

/`@_@\

The bomb is an oblate, black spheroid. One end is partially disassembled, from our efforts at defusing it. When we were not able to do so, we placed the bomb in stasis and prepared emergency procedures.

There is one radioisotope thermoelectric generator and associated battery visible from the casing breach. The serial number of this bomb is S24B41, though I do not know why you would need this information.

(05-16-2016, 02:07 AM)earthexe Wrote: »Well, if there's nobody aboard, evacuate the air. There will be that much less oxygen inside to burn.

/`?_?\

That is not exactly true.

You seem to have some misconceptions about the bomb. It is not an explosive device, at least in any traditional sense. This is line-warping technology, the kind of thing which sparked the war in between us and them.

In addition to my first point, I would like to clarify my earlier statement with relation to bomb containment. There are currently fifteen crew onboard, held in stasis along with the bomb. They were attempting to defuse it when it became clear that detonation was imminent; emergency protocols dictated the widest possible spread for a stasis field and they were... there.

I apologize for not being clearer in the first place.

/`T-T\

Ah, if only this were feasible.

Unfortunately I do not believe your zone/line has the technology for teleportation yet; at least that is what it says in my files. But no matter: we can do the next best thing...

> 'ROBONAUT' Mk 13 Humaniform Remote... ONLINE.

>_
RE: Senellasia
> Can the robot disassemble more of the casing?
Can you clarify, real quick, what line warping technology DOES/ the roughest explanation of how it works? We'd probably be more helpful if we had a better idea of what we were up against.
Do you have some sort of X-ray machine or any kind of machine designed to look at the insides of something without opening or tampering it?
[Image: DGBpqSL.png]