Good News Everyone!!! (The joysplosion thread)

Good News Everyone!!! (The joysplosion thread)
RE: Good News Everyone!!! (The joysplosion thread)
Sorry, I wrote that with a few assumptions about knowledge of my life that aren't really widely applicable; the bakery I work at now IS the one damaged by the truck; it was only shut down for about two hours, and then partially nonfunctional but open for about a day. The bakery my current manager was a decorator at, the one that was shut down by corporate, was shut down last year due to the land management deciding it was more profitable to sell the whole complex than continue leasing to the businesses on it. That was a failure of communication on my part; I haven't been jobless for about nine or ten months.
You must be registered to view this content.
after visiting with gen and getting back home, we've agreed that i really need to get a job around here to raise some money, not only just so i can be more independent and help my dad with bills possibly, but so i know that i can move out sometime and support myself

so on st patrick's day, I went out to a few places down the street (KFC, Carl's Jr., and Chevy's) and grabbed some applications, then filled them out fast and as best as I could, then turned them all in the next day.
Well! I got a message from the manager at the Carl's Jr.! Asking me to come by and talk about job stuff! So I got cleaned up and tried to wake up early today, and went down there at about 9:30 (an hour ago)... and they asked me to try coming in tomorrow, cause they're busy today. Which I'm super okay with, especially cause they asked me to come in at 10 AM, which is a time of day I can be awake and outside the house by just fine.

things are gonna be okay.
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
That's awesome KE! Good luck on your interview!
You got the empty page error? That's not from post deletion, its because the first post is counted as a post when its not or the other way around, i'm not sure. It happens all the time with the last post on a page :v
[Image: WEdy1pW.png] [Image: cyTsdj6.png]
[Image: 30058_799389.png]
It's supposed to be "number of replies", which doesn't count the first post because it's not a reply.

But after a forum update years back, some threads (only some, which makes it weirder) were off by one so we got these empty page errors.

I made a list of threads affected by it way back when, but I'm guessing it's non-trivial to fix.
On topic: My student allowance came through! We have savings again! I'm very happy
now to locate the hidden cashe and steal plaid's lunch money... to buy twizzlers.

nerd.

i think of allowances as the money parents give their kids when they go to school
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
I would gladly treat everyone to candy if that was feasible.
My mum just sent a snap of a box for a heater with a typo on it

The snaption read "warwer" and I can't stop laughing
Oh ok thanks mum she posted in on FB too

[Image: 984109_10208063654902177_821562369827491...e=5787ED77]
Quote:The snaption read "warwer" and I can't stop laughing

Actually if you pronounce warwer in German it sounds like barber
No matter what happens today, you can laugh about it tomorrow
I went to a con over the weekend and had so much fun and got so much cool stuff.

Like, one of the panels was the history of Star Trek, led by people working on the new TV series and showing lots of neat stuff from the Roddenberry archives, including something they said nobody will ever see again.
And then I went to a panel hosted by the creators of Cards Against Humanity. Let's just say it ended with a T-shirt cannon shooting out random things to the 1812 Overture (like marshmallows, cards, toilet paper, khakis, croissants, someone's cell phone), and that gives you a good idea of what the panel was.
I got to go to NASA for free and touch a moon rock.

I am practically an astronaut now.
(03-28-2016, 01:27 AM)Wheat Wrote: »if you killed somebody with the moonrock would that be fucked up or what

I would need to carve an angry face in it, and give them 3 days to prepare.

The rock itself was fairly small, much more useful as a shiv than a bludgeoning tool. (Though they did have some larger, more bludgeon-friendly rocks on display in the do not touch area.)

It's been on display there for some time, so I mostly glossed over the oily secretions of the thousands of visitors before me, but it's still an intriguing thought to have physically touched part of something that 99.9% of all humans have only seen.

Here's a pdf of lunar samples that are public display. Search for "touchstone" to find the ones that are gropeable.

SpoilerShow
Bob! How is editing!
My tax return was $800 more than I thought it would be! I was also pretty dang stressed about doing taxes on my own for the first time, but the bf helped and honestly the tax tool we used was the user-friendliest thing I've ever seen and the whole process took under an hour. Can't wait to do it all again next year! Gonna buy me some nice things and start being a little more bold with recipe choices for a while. c:
Tax returns are the best. I've had friends tell me that "If you're return is too large, then you're just giving the government an interest free loan." I think it's much more like putting money into a piggybank that you get to crack open at the start of the year. The sudden influx of surprise cash is one of the few joys of my shoddy account management!

Akumu Wrote:Bob! How is editing!

Slower than expected! I'm certainly a little rusty, but the real delay is that most of my editing time is done in the afternoons while I'm at home and my wife is working/visiting family. I assumed that having a week long break would let me put the Eagle-Talk episode out sooner, but I forgot to calculate that she had a week-long break as well! Then we had a bit of car trouble, which resulted us carpooling to work together. I've had some amazing couple bonding time, but at the expense of audio editing time. Things are back to normal this week, though, so I'm expecting it to be finished by the weekend.

Actually, thinking of it, I never really announced that I am now happily hitched! Happymelon This is probably the right thread to say it so yeah! I basically have a sexy best friend who lives with me and helps me cook and pay things! She's top notch and just destroys me on smash brothers. She even drew my happy face avatar! She is pretty much the best thing 100%.
/me throws belated confetti

hooray for married bob! you're a successful human being!
SPRING BREAK BIIIIIIITCHEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS
sorry
I got a 39/50 on the multiple choice part of the AP chem test! (The average is 15) Not only did I get a great score, I ruined everybody else's curve! >:D

I still don't know what I got on the FRQs, but I think I did fairly well on those as well.
Oh hey this thread still exists

THE GOVERNMENT IS GIVING ME MONEY TO SURVIVE AND TO BREAK FREE FROM MY PARENTS