ZooStuck 4: ZooStuck Mafia - Day 10: Murder Production Substantially Up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZooStuck 4: ZooStuck Mafia - Day 10: Murder Production Substantially Up
RE: ZooStuck 4: ZooStuck Mafia - Night 1: After Hours
Worst-case scenario, tryin'a get to that point will be an adventure in-and-of-itself, probably? Here, spare flashlight an' some granola bars. You're, uh, not allergic to nuts or chocolate, right?
hey like no promises but keep an ear out for anyone who could stop by my way and help with this bullshit yeah? Do me that much and ugh yeah I guess once I'm done saving the world I'll help you with your shit.
Granolaman has replaced Sleepy.

I will probably be ending the night at noon on Tuesday, hopefully that gives Granola time to catch up on everyone else's nonsense.
Sending out night results. This might take a while, so please be patient.

No talking about your results until day officially starts, even if you have night-talk. Thank you for your consideration.
RE: ZooStuck 4: ZooStuck Mafia - Day 2: The Cost of Doing Business
Finally, a new day dawns. Somehow people are aware of this even though there's an unending void outside. Maybe there's a sun there, who knows.

When everyone gathers for the next meeting, though, two people aren't there.

A quick search reveals Reyweld's corpse.

(05-09-2016, 01:27 PM)SneakyRobot Wrote: »
Detective Trenchcoat & The Sewer Goddess Conspiracy

Reyweld, or Detective Trenchcoat, had been working to uncover the truth behind the Sewer Goddess Conspiracy before being pulled into the shareholder retreat. From the moment the PowerPoint concluded, Reyweld knew that the conspirators here were all recruited by the Sewer Goddess for her plans.

But due to amnesia, Reyweld wasn't sure if he was trying to stop the Sewer Goddess or work with her.

Nonetheless, he had a wide array of investigative skills, which he could use to find out someone else's alignment.

Unbeknownst to him, whenever he checked someone's alignment, his own would change to the opposite. If he checked a town player, he'd be aligned with the conspiracy afterwards. If he checked a conspiracy player, he'd be aligned with the town. If he checked a third-party, his alignment would be unchanged.

He was unaware of his own alignment. Despite this restriction, his goal was to be on the winning team when game ended.

You can't figure out what his alignment was when he died.

Reyweld's death is shocking, but that's not the only surprise. Nobody can find Paranoia anywhere.

Livelist:
-qwerx3
-Schazer
-Ixcaliber
-AgentBlue
-Shredded
-Kíeros
-a52
-Wheat
-OrangeAipom
-Akumu
-Sruixan
-DS Piron
-Granolaman
-Not The Author
-Robust Laser
-Kaynato
-earthexe

Days will be a little shorter from here on out. Day 2 will end Sunday at 8 PM Mountain time.
Dammit Nottles you summoned me into this corporate nightmare and now we're all trapped. I was outside of this gaping universe trying to work out a deal with the powers-that-be for our continued existence, but nope, had to speak the incantation and doom me to face oblivion with the rest of you.

Thanks brah.
WELCOME, (GRANOLAMAN). I HOPE YOU HAVE A ((FULFILLING) AND (UPLIFTING)) TIME. PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO (NETWORK) WITH (OTHER (SHAREHOLDERS)).
This death leaves a sulfurous taste in my mouth, dudes.
signature
[Image: zoooo_zpsxqkwhjwh.png]

you wake up, oh thank god it was all a dream, no wait no such luck still in this weird will smith office purgatory.

you sigh heavily and wander over to the site of a quickly dissipating hubbub

[Image: zm5_zpsztdmuzhx.png]

oh good there's a killer on the loose also

what do?

>
> Switch hats
signature
> Cry
🐦🐙🐙[Image: nifOFwR.png]🐙🐙
We'd better do something with this corpse, it'll scare off our investors
[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
Fuck, this is, that's...

That's true. Anybody know how to fuckin' clean up blood?
Giving up awfully easy, there, 'Nola. Surely, vanishing mid-negotiations would be cause for concern among the powers-that-be, and they'd be trying to find you to resume negotiations.

Assuming, that is, that their discovery of you slash arrival at here is not, in fact, the cause of the end of all things. Hm.

Still! That's not to say that nothing is to be done. If you were actually negotiating to save reality, then you probably have some idea of the form The End will take, yeah? In theory, with that knowledge, we could figure out things we might be able to do to slow or stop the coming oblivion, or something. Right?

Anyway, if I did summon you, it wasn't intentional. Doesn't change that you've been summoned, but, y'know. Thoughts that count, probably. Don't suppose you'd care to share this dread chant, such that it might not be repeated? Or that you shared this dread chant with those beyond, that they might summon you to them? Iunno, anything?

That's all assuming you're truthful and benevolent and all that, of course, but that basically goes without saying, and probably nothing to be done if you're not, I guess.
Oh, right, dead person.

We could probably jury-rig a coffin from a cabinet and duct tape, at least for storage purposes. Seems irreverent to just chuck 'em into the void. Heck, maybe someone here can do benevolent necromancy. Or malevolent necromancy, in which case the void is probably a safer option, if that would even work. The universe might wrap back around to here for all I know. Whatever.

Sh'we, like, put together a search party for Paranoia, or...?
Um. Oh dear. Um. Um. Oh no. Um. Oh no.

What, um, what happened here? Um. Oh no. I mean, um. So the, um, conspiracy is picking us off? But. But why? Oh. Right. Controlling interest. Um. So, um. We should try, and um, figure out who the conspirators are, then? Um. Oh dear.
It's equally possible that someone not part of the conspiracy is trying to off members of the conspiracy to keep shares out of their hands. Can't be sure until we track down the killer, and I'm not sure how we'd do that. And some fraction of us wouldn't want them tracked down, probably, so who knows!

The point is, assumptions like that are kinda dangerous, I think? All we really know at this point is: a murder happened, and a disappearance happened. Can't even qualify the disappearance as a kidnapping since that'd necessitate someone culpable, and unless and until we can find Paranoia or any clues related thereto, nothing to be proven to that end. So the relevant questions are probably "who's the killer", "where's Paranoia", and "why"?

Supposing the answer to "why" is "because conspiracy," how does that help us identify the murderer or murderers or any accomplices to the murder?
And/or the current whereabouts of Paranoia?
Um. Would it be too much, um, to ask. Um. What your, um, action, um, is?

Also, um. What traffic? Has the jet, um, bred more jets? That would be, um, pretty cool.

Sorry if I'm being, um, overly nosy or um, anything. Or, um. Asking too many questions, or, um, the wrong questions, or, um. I don't know.
I'm just going to vote: no lynch before my voting rights get taken away.
Wheat you seem to have developed a propensity to capitalize every word starting today. Why is that?
Granola
vote: wheat just because
signature
What's all this about jets?! Don't you idiots know that planes are deathtraps???!!!! Sent by the devil himself???!!! If anybody's a murderer or a conspirator, it's the flight industry execs themselves!!! Don't fall for their traps!!!

Buy my new book at www.jesus-hates-planes.com
(09-29-2016, 06:10 AM)Not The Author Wrote: »But yes, the jet! Assuming it exists, we can find it, and one of us can pilot it, yeah! 'Stake if for a spin around the existentially-dubious block.

The perpetrator reveals themself!

LYNCH: NOT THE AUTHOR