ZooStuck 4: ZooStuck Mafia - Day 10: Murder Production Substantially Up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The following flavor will make no sense if you have not read ZooStuck 3.

We do not promise that it will make any more sense if you have.

(01-01-2016, 05:47 AM)bigro Wrote: »DENIED.

Not the end. Limited liability golden parachutes come in to save the day.

Everything worked, almost.

You are the Will Smith Corporation. You became a universally-hated corporation and dissolved yourself, but somehow, there were still shares of you lying around. Because of that handful of shares, you weren't completely gone.

You don't know how they existed. What you do know is that everyone with those shares is, in some way, important to the events that are about to unfold. Which is why you're using your remaining power to gather them all in one place.

You hadn't really given much thought to what would happen after that, so everyone's been kind of wandering around confused.

But now that the shareholders are in such close proximity, it becomes clear. Among the shareholders are the chief conspirators behind everything. Their plans hinge on gaining majority control of what's left of you. Not that you have any idea why, but you're pretty sure that's a bad thing.

Fortunately, there's a way to stop them - each day, the shareholders can vote to take one person's shares away, depriving them of any control over the company. If the conspiracy loses all their shares, their probably-nefarious plan will fail.

Of course, they'll probably try to take advantage of the proceedings to deprive everyone else of their shares. So there's a risk. But it's better than giving them months to scheme behind the scenes, probably.

Anyhow, you use your corporate powers to explain this to everyone in a PowerPoint meeting. Someone asks if losing your shares means dying.

Well of course it doesn't, that would just be barbaric. What kind of universally-hated corporation do they take you for? They'll just be cast out of the meeting, into the endless void surrounding your barely-existant corporate headquarters, and drift through it for eternity, or until the next time the universe gets rebooted.

So there's really nothing to worry about.

Welcome to a terrible idea in the making.

As some of you may know, Zoostuck was an adventure I made a few U4G contests ago by throwing eighteen separate ideas from the thread together. It then had two nonsensical sequels.

Anyhow, in commemoration of the thread's origins, this is a Pick Your Poison game where you send me an adventure idea from the U4G threads and I somehow use that to design your role. This can only make this already-terrible idea even worse.

The MSPA forums may be down, but Eagle Time has its own ideas thread you can take ideas from here.

And the old ideas are still available to be used! You can find a list of them here, though it may not be easy to look through.

Please link me to the idea when you send me a signup PM so I can confirm you're not just making something up. If two people send me the same idea, they'll get variants of it.

Also, please don't suggest an idea in that thread just to use it in this game. That said, if someone else posts a new idea and you want to use it, go ahead.

Finally: as is appropriate for Zoostuck, this game will probably not be remotely well-balanced. I can promise it will be filled with shenanigans, though.

Player list:
1. qwerx3 - Lynched D9 after a comedy of errors failed to produce a lynch on D8. Could check another player's win condition. Would win if 7 applicable win conditions from other players were failed.
2. Schazer - Died N2. Could night-talk, and could grant one other player night-talk at a time. At night, could pick someone, and would sacrifice their corpse to demons if they died. Win condition: Save the world.
3. Ixcaliber
4. Reyweld - Died N1. Investigator who secretly changed alignments after investigations. Alignment unknown. Win condition: Be on the winning team at game end.
5. AgentBlue
6. Shredded - Died N9. Could steal love from one player and turn their night action into a kill. Win condition: Learn the true meaning of love... but what did that mean?
7. Kíeros - Died N9. Could co-host an LP with someone and learn their night action, as well as whether they were roleblocked. Win condition: Win the game (by targeting roleblocked people and living long enough).
8. a52 - Died N2. Could preach to someone, causing them to die if they had any other visitors that night. Win condition: Become Pope.
9. Wheat - Vanished without a trace D3.
10. OrangeAipom - Died N4. Could bite someone and learn if Bill Gates had ever possessed them. If he had, then OrangeAipom would learn who that player had targeted when Bill Gates was possessing them. Win condition: Devour Bill Gates.
11. Akumu - Lynched D5. Could hug someone, turning their action into a hug, which would also affect their target and so on. Win condition: Hug three spirits, half-win if other people hug them.
12. Sruixan - Died N9. Could dream about another player, gaining a dayaction related to their power. That action would have to be used the next day. Win condition: Find the moon, somehow.
13. DS Piron - Died N2. Could check if someone had a sandwich, exposing themselves to whatever happened to the target. Flavor would get weirder if they were ever roleblocked. Win condition: Either don't get roleblocked or let the flavor get as weird as it could.
14. Sleepy - Granolaman - Chwoka - Vanished without a trace N3, returned just as mysteriously at the end of D4. Actually died N7. Could send a celebrity out to roleblock someone; if the target died, the celebrity would replace them for the next day. (Death notice would be delayed to end of day phase.) Would win if three such guest appearances happened.
15. Not The Author - Died N5 to a meteor. Could pray with someone for the meteor to come. Would win (and die) if more than half the living players had prayed for it.
16. Robust Laser - Died N3. Could swear at someone and make them target themselves, hearing different swears depending on what happened. Win condition: hear three "fuck"s by targeting people who died.
17. Kaynato
18. earthexe - Each night could pick one of three actions. Kick in the teeth - prevent target from voting the next day. Punch in the face - get a good look at someone's face before punching them, learning their alignment. Punt into the sun - prevent target from taking actions or having other actions take effect on them. Win condition: kick a dragon in the teeth, punch the pope, and punt the moon into the sun.
19. Paranoia - Vanished without a trace N1.

Replacements:
-butterfliesDance
RE: ZooStuck 4: ZooStuck Mafia
Fuck it, alright
count me in for this terrible idea
I'm going to join, but I have to find the *perfect* suggestion.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
I both hate and love this, count me in.
em
🐦🐙🐙[Image: nifOFwR.png]🐙🐙
Not one, but two ridiculous mafia games running on the forums at once? Count me in!
yessir
signature
I'll do this thing
oh my goodness that was one of the most painful choices I have ever had to make
(09-05-2016, 04:36 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »oh my goodness that was one of the most painful choices I have ever had to make

I don't know about most painful for me, but I definitely was torn between a few different options.
Speaking of, what happens if multiple people pick the same adventure idea?
What happens in that event is that I try to come up with different roles for each person using that idea.

I plan on randomizing player alignments before figuring out what the roles actually do, also. So that's going to be fun.
i m i n !
SpoilerShow
it will be "good" to get "back into" the swing "of" things
hi what is this
Okay, I'm going to close sign-ups on Monday, and then start making a setup. I guess that's also the deadline for changing the idea you want me to make a role out of.

If you're not already signed up, now's the time.
RE: ZooStuck 4: ZooStuck Mafia - Last chance to sign up!
Excitement!
Sig:
SpoilerShow
im in solely bc i was told id be deleted from the timestream if i wasnt
Time to mafia try again??
I'mmmm iiiinnnnnn
[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
Oh, hey, it's Monday.

However, I don't have an idea prompt from butterfliesDance yet. I've sent off a PM asking for one, but so far, no response. Is anyone able to give them a poke about that?

Also I guess this is the FINAL WARNING, if anyone still wants to sign up.
SIGN ME RIGHT THE FUCK UP I'M HERE TO WRECK SHIT AND I DON'T KNOW WHO I'M WRECKING AND WHAT TO WRECK.
Well, since I haven't heard from butterfliesDance since I sent a prodding PM on Saturday, I think I'll just move them to the replacement list and get on with the setup so we can start the game.

Paranoia's joining in, and there are some other people who have volunteered to replace. So, expect this to actually start soon, hopefully!
Yay!! #SG4tW
Sig:
SpoilerShow