(ROUND II: ROUND IX) The Grand Battling Ram

Full disclosure this is Akumu's fault, I offered to run it though because he is bz

I'm not sullying Mehga's excellent set of games with this nonsense so here's a new thread for a game of Sheep, except all the questions are Grand Battle related.

In case you know Battles but don't know Sheep, it's a game where I, the gamemaster, pose questions. Everyone sends me their answers to those questions, and you get more points if your answer matches everyone else's. Ergo the goal is to answer not with your actual opinion, but with the thing you believe everyone else will write down.

I have a tentative list of questions, some provided by Akumu and others knocked together by me. In-jokes will probably be involved because we are terrible nerds. In order to make it not Schazer-centric players can send me questions and I will try to make sure I use at least one question from every player.

I don't know jack about game balance so expect a lot of aces? If anyone does manage to be OUTRIGHT SHEEP CHAMPION I will make a tiny beige trophy for you, you weird hivemind you.

Due to the game content I can't recommend this game for non-Battle folks - we have a wiki but it's kind of innavigable if you aren't familiar with the source material.

Signups:
- Dragon Fogel
- Agentblue
- Robust Laser
- SleepingOrange
- Sanzh
- Solaris
- Akumu
- Ix

Clocking in for Round 2 onward (0 points awarded for Q1):
-Garuru
-Pinary
-NTA
RE: The Grand Battling Ram: Sheep for awful nerds
I'll indulge in this baa-d habit.
How badly can I lose?

Answer: very badly
Man I'm not sure I know anything about battles any more.

Which of course means I have to try. I'm in.
holy shit i need this in my life
yep i'm in
not signing up, just asking a question: are grand battles ever going to be a thing that will happen again? they look pretty cool, but unfortunately it seems I joined waaaaay too late to be a part of them.
Most of us have moved on from the big organised extended universe "canon battles" project being as big a thing in our lives as they used to be, and there's probably never gonna be a collective push to try complete what we've already started. I've got a couple I still want to wrap up, but that's almost more like a personal project at this point.

Having said that there's a lot less dumb arbitrary discouragement if you/someone do want to start up a new battle, so if you want to do one and can gather up some willing fools you can totally go for it. It's a free country forum!
Cool, I'll have to think about that.
ok sure
Standing here, The way ahead's becoming clear
All across these new frontiers
In my hands I hold the ones I love
Walk forward through the cold dawn
Always to new horizons
You must be registered to view this content.
Yes I will do this as well :D

I will not send any more questions since I have already sent you a bunch!
i pretty much have to
I will likely get this trainwreck rolling on my Monday, unless people harangue my ass and get me to knock some questions out on Sunday afternoon instead. Sign up/send me questions if you haven't already! (and thank you kindly if you have \o/ )

A lot of the questions I have lined up are fun from a polling-the-populace metric but objectively terrible questions for a game of Sheep - curse our hundred-odd cast and several scores of locations! Expect plenty of Aces (and shock hilarity etc when y'all go ahead and subvert that through happenstance).

16 questions seems the appropriate number betwixt the more thematically appropriate 8 (too few) or 64 (too many), so I'll have to trim my list down/add more bullshit as submissions from folks permits.
You must be registered to view this content.
AAAAAAAALRIGHTY FOLKS

I have for your perusal struggled to pare a sizeable list down to 20+ questions. That's a lot, I know, so I've clumped them together based on vague categories which totally aren't arbitrary. The categories start small but get bigger, and number of potentially-valid answers trends up as the categories progress. I'll release and report on categories one at at ime

Your first category: Warmup
SpoilerShow

Send your answer(s?) in via PM, I'll post the result(s) as soon as everyone's submitted something.

Later rounds will have more than one question, I promise.
RE: (Q1 OPEN) The Grand Battling Ram: Sheep for awful nerds
Question 1: Which Completed Battle is your favourite?

SpoilerShow

Annnnnd then it's time for Questions 2-4: Questions about Rounds!
SpoilerShow
RE: (Q2-4 OPEN) The Grand Battling Ram: Sheep for awful nerds
did u no:

i am a narcissism golem
It is absolutely not fair that this was my idea and I am being crushed from the word go >:<
(03-02-2016, 02:02 AM)SleepingOrange Wrote: »did u no:

i am a narcissism golem

same tho
Garuru (and hopefully Pinary) will be joining us for subsequent rounds! They'll score 0 points each for the round 1 question.

Still waiting on some of you nerds so get your questions in quicksmart!
hi i am here
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
ehhhhhhhhhh may as well
Ding ding ding your scores for Questions 2-4: The Rounds round!

2: Which round is the ideal date location?
At least one person said this was an Aces question, but a successful match was found! It's probably not what you were expecting, except in retrospect you totally were.
SpoilerShow

3: Which round of a battle is the one where, typically, things start going catastrophically wrong?
SpoilerShow

4: What round suffered the most destruction as a result of the battlers' actions?
SpoilerShow

Scores after Round 2:
SpoilerShow

I'm gonna be at least 8 hours from posting Round 3, as it's on my work computer. Good job everyone on this round, I'm just glad 2 and 4 weren't aces. So glad.
Sanzhy I really liked godsworn valley okay