ETFA Discussion and Fanartery

ETFA Discussion and Fanartery
RE: ETFA Discussion and Fanartery
You must be registered to view this content.
It's not really a problem. That's just a way for me to make fun of the side of myself that gets angry at the new people -- especially since I only joined recently myself.

edit: cataract?
Cataract.

an unposted what?
signature
So as someone who gets text-heavy, sometimes I get suggestions that get a little long and prose-y on their own.

I find these a little bit tricky, because I don't want to just take someone else's words and stick them in a story that's meant to be my words. And just rewriting them doesn't feel like an adequate way to do an update.

I try to resolve this by adding something to the suggestion. I take what's there, or at least most of it, and add whatever feels necessary to make it my own.

What I'm getting at is, I posted a really long Swamped update and it's basically Bob's fault.
I just now saw this!

I love Swamped and I am not sorry.

I will say that suggestions are still just that, and they can be ignored or picked from at the author's will. Swamped has the difficulty of only having 1-3 suggestions at a time. And DF has that unique quality in an author that tries to incorporate whatever the readership suggests, regardless of what direction the story may be going. (With the exception of a few early jokey moments).

More folks should suggest in swamped! There's a constant need to develop character backgrounds, relationships, and events. I see it a fun excersize in connecting characters. Maybe this person mentioned 20 updates ago has some talents useful to this situation? or maybe we're about to run into a new character who has been acting in the background this entire time? The daily update schedule really lets readers influence the world building in a way few other adventures have.

SpoilerShow
You should probably keep them at most half the length of the average update.
To everyone who's been keeping track of Art of Domination, made a recent edit to it about the latest delay. I was planning on putting up an update on 25 October but my grandmother passed away and my dad almost died on the same night due to internal bleeding, so now things have only just stopped being hectic. I should update it before Halloween comes round.
Sorry to hear about your loss, and I hope your dad's okay.

Don't rush yourself on our account; if you're having trouble working because it's an emotional time, take as much of a break as you feel you need.

Looking forward to the update whenever you can manage it.
Buncha new folks starting adventures on the forum lately, can I just say welcome to ET and it's wonderful to see you all here
Yes, it is good. I may not have the time to read all of them but I love seeing people make things.
Man, I can't wait to finish my imageboard adventure and redo it here with better execution and stuff.

@Schazer: Soon™, just a few more weeks (months if I factor in my incompletes/supplementary tasks)
Not gonna lie, doing One Through Ten is the most fun thing I've done in a long time. I had a couple very short lived adventures back on the MSPA forums, but I always ended up shooting myself in the foot by trying to put too much effort into making the art looked polished. It made making the adventure a chore as opposed to a scribbly "unwind after a long day of work" sort of thing. It also puts a very happy feeling in my chest to see people really taking it seriously and strategizing. It means a lot to me!
Decided to continue another adventure that was once swallowed by the end of MSPAFA: From The Sands
Hey forum adventure regulars! (I posted this in Hawkspace at first but would like to extend the offer to all interested parties)

I'm sending Year of the Rooster/birds-which-may-or-may-not-be-roosters postcards to my forum's valued users the folks doing their thing in all the forum's innumerable corners to make this community what it is.

If you'd like one, shoot me a PM with your postal details!
[Image: 4zmoWav.jpg]

It's dlorph and their completely normal dog
[Image: tumblr_ooowzhayrN1r21i1co1_540.jpg]

Void Girl
Schazer, how are you making those? It almost looks like you have a stamp.
Yes, Schazer, suspicious that.
Here is some fan art for Vox Mentis, which has just started up again after a long hiatus!

[Image: hvWRgyN.png]
Loooove it!! Thanks Akumu!
The last page is broken for me.

and apparently the reason for that is that there was no last page. Maybe someone deleted their post when I clicked on the thread.
old threads like this have an off-by-one error, so the page ends and there's a next page button that takes you to a page that doesn't exist