Murder By The Book - Ender's Game

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder By The Book - Ender's Game
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 5: The Rings of Satire
Unvote

Might as well try to bring the hammer for quicker results.

Vote:Agentblue
w/e
vote agentblue
That's a hammer, I'm not quite ready to write up day end though, so hang on.
SpoilerShow
Apologies for the long delay in day end. To explain a bit, I go through occasional periods of feeling worn out on running this game. It's nothing serious, and to be clear, it's not caused by anything anyone's doing. (Except maybe me.) But today it's at a point where I feel like I need a little break.

Regardless, I promise to have the day end up at some point tomorrow. (Technically today for me now.) Your patience is appreciated.
RE: Murder By The Book - Night 5: Through The Looking Glass
The decision has been made. AgentBlue is lead to the makeshift gallows, and given a chance to speak their final words.

"You have no idea how much I hate Undercover, do you? What they've taken from me?"

AgentBlue scowls.

"Imagine if you couldn't write what you most want to. Because a few freaks decided that they couldn't be satisfied with just writing, that they had to put their ideas into action. Because of them, I've spent years writing nothing but biographies."

AgentBlue ties the noose around their own neck before continuing.

"Hope you enjoy the results of my latest one."

There's a snap, and AgentBlue falls to the ground.

AgentBlue was Alice Wonderland. Though known as a biographer, Alice's true passion was murder mysteries - but with Undercover's rise, that was no longer an option. Nonetheless, they couldn't help working little tidbits into their biographical drafts.

Due to their interest in the subject of murder, any investigator would have found AgentBlue to be guilty, though they were nothing of the sort. But there was a darker side to Alice Wonderland's story.

For it turned out that she had a knack for predictions coming true, unless she acted on them swiftly. If she wrote of a real person's death, it would occur as she had written unless she deleted the draft. Having little taste for bloodshed, she would always do this if able. But were she to perish before she had the chance, someone would suffer a terrible fate.

AgentBlue was a miller and would appear guilty to any sane investigator. They were also a revenge killer and each night, they could select the person who would die if they did.

Before anyone can react to the revelation, Eberron suddenly starts coughing violently. Everyone turns to them, but it soon proves to be too late.

Eberron was Aunty Early, an old woman with a taste for fantastic creatures, which reflected in her novels. Though she had no particular skills, each night she had the option of coming up with a magical creature. This would generally have no effect, but it might have under specific circumstances.

Eberron was a fantasy novelist, and another caramel townie.

A quick inspection of AgentBlue's room reveals a draft of Eberron dying to poisoned pie. There is little doubt as to the cause of this disturbance.

With two more townspeople dead, everyone reluctantly returns to their rooms for the night.

It's now officially night. Sorry for the delay.
RE: Murder By The Book - Night 5: Through the Looking Glass
SpoilerShow
[Image: sig.gif]
(04-11-2014, 12:35 AM)Schazer Wrote: »pffft dingle your pringles more like hop on your popcorn
(06-03-2014, 03:10 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »DON'T EDIT POSTS YOU'LL GET MODKILLED wait a minute.
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 6: Eats, Shoots, and Lives
Day breaks. For once, the headcount reveals no one missing; all survived the night.

A rare bit of pleasant news, it seems. But the task of rooting out the Undercover remains. Everyone steels themselves in preparation for the grave decision that must be made today.

Livelist:
-Crowstone Whimbrel
-Garuru
-Schazer
-Sotek
-icanhasdonut
-Akumu
-Palamedes
-Nova
-Dalm
-bigro Seedy II
-Chwoka Coldblooded
-Gnauga

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Soft lynch has been abolished due to low numbers. Deadline is Monday, May 20th at 11:59 PM Mountain Time.

Coldblooded is on vacation. He intends to post but may not be able to often.
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 6: Eats, Shoots & Lives
yay dead is the new death.
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 6: Eats, Shoots, and Lives
(05-14-2014, 07:39 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »Coldblooded is on vacation. He intends to post but may not be able to often.

This is true, but I'm not actually leaving until Friday morning.

So... yesterday didn't turn out too great. But not a whole lot has changed with my reads though. I still think that there's at least one or two scum between Whimbrel, Dalm, Gnuaga, and Seedy II.
Why was Whimbrel voting for themselves?
Whimbrel
-Garuru-town
-Schazer
-Sotek-town
-icanhasdonut-town
-Akumu-town
-Palamedes-town
-Nova-town
-Dalm
-Seedy II
- Coldblooded-town
-Gnauga
cb last night because I wasn't sure if him and gnauga were scum. knowing cb is town makes me feel better about gnauga
which leaves
whimbrel
schazer
dalm
seedy
gnauga
3 scum in there assuming balance so let's
vote whimbrel
I'd assume at least one person is a scum who checks as being town.

the lack of kill is hmm.

in the interests of interest:

Vote: Dalm.
(05-14-2014, 09:37 PM)Sotek Wrote: »I'd assume at least one person is a scum who checks as being town.

Well there's been a scum busdriver flip already, which is basically a Lawyer/Framer combo role if played correctly. I mean it's certainly not impossible that they'd put in what basically amounts to a second Godfather role, but I'd wager that scum power isn't stacked that heavily in favor of just screwing with the cop.

Also, Godfather is the worst and most boring scum role of all time, and I chose to believe that Para would come up with a role that doesn't suck so bad instead. (Like Busdriver, for instance.)

Anyways, today is a sad day, because it seems that I've finally broken my three and a half year streak of being an investigative black hole where all cop checks go to die. (Thanks Donut.)
I'm assuming donut kill+doc.
Let's See If I Can Actually Keep My Votals Straight Today

Whimbrel - 1 (icanhasdonut)
Dalm - 1 (Sotek)

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Soft lynch has been abolished.
Deadline is Monday, May 20th at 11:59 PM Mountain time.
Hang on, the other possibility is that there's a poisoner delayed killer on the scum team. We don't know why Mirdini's death was postponed until sunset the next day after N2 (he could've gained that through caramel writer powers, but eh), so it's possible the nightkill victim is licking their wounds and quietly bleeding out in a corner.

I'm not said victim, if that's what you thought I'm getting at. But if they are out there they should probably speak up
I don't think there is a framer/lawyer. Garuru's d2 Power Play revealed there was not a framer/lawyer. However, it's safe to assume that flavorcop is scum.
(also agen's death is O.K. because now scums can't claim miller)
Also you're welcome coldblooded.
(05-14-2014, 11:58 PM)icanhasdonut Wrote: »I don't think there is a framer/lawyer. Garuru's d2 Power Play revealed there was not a framer/lawyer. However, it's safe to assume that flavorcop is scum.
(also agen's death is O.K. because now scums can't claim miller)

Naw, I think CB's saying that a scum busdriver who knows there's a cop can switch a scumfriend with a town, in the hope the cop checks one of them and gets the wrong alignment.
Looks like my true role has come in play at last. I'm a bulletproof. Got shot last night. The power play was a "best quirk" prize, and not my role.

Schazer's (possibly) town, thanks to being targetted by the (possibly) scum flavor cop. Sorry this took a while to reveal but now that my bulletproof has been used up, I might as well as spill most of what I have.

So that leaves Gnauga, seedy II, Dalm, and Whimsy. Hold on. Donut why did you say Pala is town? He isn't townfirmed yet, is he?

Also, I just want to say I don't trust Sotek. We don't even know whether that townfirm pie is a townfirm pie. It could be a false townfirm pie or possibly even did something other than townfirming. All it said was "he feels pleasing" or something, and it would be just like scum to coast on a mistaken townfirm assumption.

That, combined with the fact that he jumped on the Agen wagon, and the post he made today going "no kill is hmm". With my bulletproof claim in mind, it seems like he was fishing for an explanation why I wasn't killed.

Gnauga seems the most scummiest out of the rest, due to having followed CB's lynch train on a townie. vote: Gnauga
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
Donut says that Pala is clear because they threw the townfirm pie at sotek. However, Pala didn't have a choice. Either they throw the pie at somebody, or they eat it at the expiration date, so throwing the pie is a null tell.

I (and I think most the rest of us) are assuming all the pies have fairly unambiguously pro-town effects because Slorange is town, and I'm pretty sure they were playing their role seriously. Sotek's certainly more townfirmed than those of us who haven't been copped yet. (I do still think one of Slorange's pies must have been a cop pie, and Sotek's pie seems to fit the bill.)

"no kill is hmm" seems like just mafia small talk. If anything, Schazer's pretty explicitly fishing for an explanation for why people aren't dead. But they both look like fairly reasonable things for players to say.
[Image: xwldX.gif]
I just figured (assuming Mirdini had been the victim of a still-extant Poisoner) that a second no kill night could be attributed to someone getting poisoned? Garuru's understandably witholding information but there was no explicit shooting-down of the N2 attack on Mirdini being a Poisoner.

Also the thread title gets four Blankaloupe s out of five as a reference to a Good Book

Known actions on N2:
Truegreen got a pie, was also hit by the busdriver
Akumu was also hit by the busdriver
Mirdini was targeted by a kill
A flavour cop hit me

Slorange copchecked by Donut, @Garuru: can I get confirmation this happened? I'm pretty sure you said it happened but I want to double-check.

Also on reread I'm guessing the Sotektown read comes not only from the pie, but maybe Dini's last will and testament wherein Sotek's town-ness was a sure thing if Solaris turned out to be scum (which he did).

Uuuh what else? Akumu starts pushing back onto (town) Eberron after D3, the Slorange flip, and Truegreen getting caught pie-handed.

heheheh

(04-22-2014, 01:02 AM)Akumu Wrote: »Anybody who says anything about eberron being townish after this point is scum. If we lynch eberron and it turns out I am wrong I will lynch myself because god-damn.

Hmmmmm I'm almost definitely cherrypicking here and I certainly don't want a claim but I conceivably see Nova rolecop, I think there's still the possibility it's a town role though so unless Nova turns up scum I don't think you should clear me just because a rolecop pinged me N2.

#660 from Palamedes is interesting considering "Truegren is lynchworthy" but then vote on town!Eberron instead. I guess Whim's hop with me (from my perspective where I know I'm town) makes her a bit better? I don't feel she would've shoved her teammate under the bus that early into D4?

Oh ok cool then when our cop shows up and we get the Eberron clear (Akumu as well ostensibly because of being driven by Sollie N2, because the scum driver probably wouldn't drive two scumbuds), Watts clear on N4, Coldblooded clear N5.

I know that Donut said in #945 that a clear Coldblooded makes Gnauga look better, but I'm leery of clearing anyone who hasn't been straight-up copchecked (except Sotek with the pie). I feel like it's all going to work out but there's a slim/outside chance that Donut's Naive?

Rrg. As terrible as Gnauga looks, just by dint of the fact you're still putting in a decent effort makes me not want to lynch you, and I don't think a mafioso with Whim's experience (or lack thereof) would have jumped onto her scumbuddy Truegreen's wagon on Pi(e) Day. Soooooooooo

Clear
Garuru
Me
Donut
Akumu
Nova
Coldblooded

????
Whim
Sotek
Pala
Dalm
Bigro/Seedy II
Gnauga

Jesus fuck how are there still 12 players alive. I don't feel down with a Whim or Gnauga lynch right now, sooooo Vote: Dalm sorry Dalm. It's filthy hypocritical of me, sure, but there are connections which make it likelier that I'm clear, and other than Whim (and Bigroslot I guess) you and your interactions have given us the least to work with.
Ugh I dunno I think rolefishing wise the only thing I'd like clarification of from Garu is whether there was a Spoon Polisher on Dini N2 (which between the role gold mine Garu's sitting on and Donutcop, feels like a relatively safe role to out? Maybe?). The prospect of caramel bonuses actually doing something is getting under my skin even though I wish it wouldn't.

Like, I know my burning curiosity alone is not a good enough reason to out a protective role but graaaaaaargh