Murder By The Book - Ender's Game

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder By The Book - Ender's Game
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 3: The Book of Revelation
Event!

Suddenly, a light bulb burns out. The room is dark now. Why doesn't this place have any windows?

Conversations and voting may continue, but somebody might want to change that bulb.

(04-10-2014, 08:44 PM)Palamedes Wrote: »Oh hey I'm pretty sure I had a Vote: Solaris

I've said this before, if you just bold the name and don't say it's a vote, I'm not going to count it. It's too easy for me to overlook when I'm checking back to do an update.
"IT'S A TRICK! A TRAP! AAARGH! I KNEW I COULDN'T TRUST ANY OF YOU!"

Theo runs off into the darkness shouting loudly about spies, the government and [slorangecharactername]
Oh dear, could someone be a deary and find a new bulb for us?
Volunteers to look for a lightbulb

also votes Solaris 'cause may as well make it official

(04-10-2014, 08:43 PM)Palamedes Wrote: »Kind of strange reads overall from both of you? They're all pretty non-commital/unexplained

[Image: jQG3M1mNF41ji.png]

Y'all can dingle my pringles
[Image: sig.gif]
(04-11-2014, 12:35 AM)Schazer Wrote: »pffft dingle your pringles more like hop on your popcorn
(06-03-2014, 03:10 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »DON'T EDIT POSTS YOU'LL GET MODKILLED wait a minute.
pffft dingle your pringles more like hop on your popcorn

(I'm still re-reading between lessons and car school and sleep deprivation, sorry, I'll need a bit longer)
Let There Be Votals (And Light)

bigro - 1 (Solaris)
Nova - 1 (icanhasdonuts)
Truegreen - 1 (Slorange)
Solaris - 3 (Sotek, Palamedes, Nova)
Garuru - 2 (Mirdini, Seedy)
eberron - 1 (Akumu)
icanhasdonuts - 1 (Schazer)

With 19 players alive, it takes 10 to lynch and five to soft-lynch. Deadline is Saturday, April 12 at 11:59 PM Mountain Time.

Nova rummages around in a supply closet and finds a light bulb. After some work, he manages to change the bulb. The lights are back on.
I don't like the light situation, or that it was resolved so seemingly-easily. I have a very very hard time believing this was just innocuous flavor. What's the deal, y'all?

Also we definitely need someone to die today; for the moment, I'll go for a vore: Garuru, but depending on how the later parts of the day play out, we'll see.
... Vote: Garuru

Godammit
Hrmmmmm ok here's what I got out of a D1 reread - Palamedes and Akumu are not on the scum team together, just based on how they talked to each other during the Eberron wagon. The same applies for Eberron and Nova; Nova's delivery felt genuine enough to not make me think they were scumbuds.

Eberron's scumreads going into his potential lynch were Chwoka, though that was only because of fluffposting and no more substantive reason. When I pressed him to peg one of his lynchers as scum, he opted for Akumu. I don't really have anything to make from that but would like more thoughts from Eberron because (along with his interactions with Truegreen in whichever bit I was rereading while scratching notes together) I'd be partial to having one of the pair lynched.
I'd ask how many authors it takes to change a lightbulb, but I've never really been good at jokes.
I bet it was all a clever ploy for truegreen to make their escape or something.
idk.
I deed eet :D

Also Slorange, Garuru can't defend himself for several realtime days so I hope you're ok with that
(04-11-2014, 12:35 AM)Schazer Wrote: »pffft dingle your pringles more like hop on your popcorn
(06-03-2014, 03:10 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »DON'T EDIT POSTS YOU'LL GET MODKILLED wait a minute.
Theo is currently hiding in the bathroom. He has left the water faucet on, but if you listen closely you can still hear him murmuring to himself about conspiracies and other such nonsense.

The door has no lock so it's a pretty crappy hiding place, but Theo is panicking.

He seems to be rambling about his suspicions. Apparently he trusts absolutely no one, but he keeps coming back to a few of the same names. Right now he seems to be stuck on [Garurucharactername]. Their suspicious behavior during the attempted [Eberroncharactername] Lynch and the observations of other people have placed [Garurucharactername] in a fairly bad light, at least in Theo's mind.

Vote: Garuru
A Plague of Votals

bigro - 1 (Solaris)
Nova - 1 (icanhasdonuts)
Solaris - 3 (Sotek, Palamedes, Nova)
Garuru - 4 (Mirdini, Seedy, Slorange, Truegreen)
eberron - 1 (Akumu)
icanhasdonuts - 1 (Schazer)

With 19 players alive, it takes 10 to lynch and five to soft-lynch. Deadline is Saturday, April 12 at 11:59 PM Mountain Time.
(04-11-2014, 07:19 AM)Schazer Wrote: »Eberron's scumreads going into his potential lynch were Chwoka, though that was only because of fluffposting and no more substantive reason. When I pressed him to peg one of his lynchers as scum, he opted for Akumu. I don't really have anything to make from that but would like more thoughts from Eberron because (along with his interactions with Truegreen in whichever bit I was rereading while scratching notes together) I'd be partial to having one of the pair lynched.

D1 was just alot of unfortunate flip-flopping on my part since I'm new, and no I'm not still using the new card for D3, just stating its the reason for it. I still lean towards Green because, as Slorange stated afew times, that Green's proof that Slorange is scum are just edited quotes that make Slorange look scum.

Hmm, can Green and Slorange run their reads on the other by me one more time? Figure if I can get those together I can compare and get an idea on who might flip what.
*waits patiently for Garuru/the other people he asked to give reads to post*

very patiently considering I've got something like a day and a half (IRL time) to live
Schazer steadfastly ignoring the topic of Garuru is also A Thing

(by which I mean it feels pretty off)
Just Edited Quotes! JUST EDITED QUOTES!

Well I can't really repeat entire goddamned posts! That would be rude who wants to read all that? If they want the context the original post is cited. What would be the point of quotations if you posted the entire work? Besides, I had several points of suspicion based primarily around Slorange's statement on day 2 (Due to day one being a bit less meaningful to me as I wasn't there for it).

This argument is now somewhat outdated due to intrigue of day 3 (and personal reflection) and is currently shelved for revision. The original idea was as follows.

1. Slorange claimed to have redirected the night kill/kills to Cyber by using a one shot power known as a 'nexus'.

2. Cyber's disappearance prevented players from discovering his role.

3. Town came out worse off after night one.

4. Slorange described his power in detail when making his claim, naming, stating what it did, and classifying it as a one-shot.

5. Slorange claimed he used a one shot power on night one and then criticized the Mafia for using a one-shot night one. (Most Likely a sarcastic joke).

6. After claim was made few people challenged or opposed Slorange's statement, most seemed to take it on faith that Slorange was telling the truth.

7. After Slorange's claim was challenged Schazer vocally defended Slorange using mostly dogmatic reasoning until Slorange stated that it wasn't helping.

8. it has been stated that Slorange has used this gambit before in another game (Unconfirmed)

item (4.) was the first thing to really strike me as odd. I wondered why Slorange would describe so much about his power. The only reason I could think of would be to make him seem less suspicious, or at least less dangerous, to other players. If this was Slorange's intention it certainly seemed to be working.

I couldn't help but feel the events of night one were most beneficial to the Mafia with Slorange's statement only adding to the confusion and lack of information. It seemed a viable gambit for scum to have killed Cyber and then put that kill into doubt, leaving town with no more information than they had on day 1. I could also see this as a third party trying to kill a specific target or sowing confusion by taking credit for a mafia kill. Any way it happened the act seemed to raise the other player's opinion of Slorange rather than lower it.

I had no other suspicions at the time so I decided to vocalize this idea, placing doubt on the veracity of Slorange's claim. The responses I saw led me to feel many were not considering the alternatives, or were inclined to trust Slorange on reputation alone. This strengthened my resolve.

I admit it kind of got away from me here. I believe there was a lot of confusion and misunderstanding in the later posts, especially mine as my writing became somewhat erratic. In the end I just said 'fuck it' and stuck with my guns making a somewhat foolish decision to lock my vote on Slorange until the end of that day.

As I said before, I am reviewing my previous argument.

I still however firmly believe that Slorange for whatever reason is lying about the nature of the power and I have not discounted the possibility that they are lying about how the murder took place.
okay im back after a bout of depression (dont let that affect your views of me, but sorry in advance if this post is a bit harsh. really, i dont want to offend anybody) and looks like the main lynch target is me. cant really bring myself to care, but when i die fucking lynch truegreen please. that vote was so bad i actually felt personally offended by it. just... why? if youre going to shamelessly jump onto an EXTREMELY opportunistic wagon (what with my inability to defend myself), why would you layer it in RPing as well? i mean, you didnt even explain why you wanted to lynch me! you just called me out for "suspicious behavior", which you have done repeatedly to many people over the course of the game. that's it, im 100% convinced he's scum.

vote: Truegreen

please please for gods sake dont hammer me until right up close to the deadline. id like to get the chance to defend myself/answer questions before.

anyways yeah the main reason why im being lynched is because im being wishy washy and apparently incapable of sticking to/getting a definite read on one target? well, sorry! i wish i could be as certain of who town and scum are as, say, a mafia member??? i mean, my play has pretty much been tossing about opinions on people, trying to get a scumtell as definite as green's slip up above. and maybe i do retract my opinion, or theyre weak or something, and im kind of unsure of whether to proceed. um, sorry, like i said. not everyone can be perfect or strongly opinionated. just... consider whether me apparently not having anything good to contribute, /apparently/, has anything to do with me being scum. like, please explain the logic of me being wishy-washy correlates with the logic of me being scum. if you do then youre cool. and for the love of god, dont just agree with mirdini because oh yeah hes a great player. make your own opinions. i, for one, dont really feel anything strongly from him yet.

and finally, if you say im not contributing anything AKA calling my posts fluff or irrelevant, (you know who you are), i take that as a personal insult, because i have tried to keep this game going and also newbie-friendly, and i do consider my posts to be worth reading and worthwhile, and once again, im sorry i cant be 100% into this game. sure, some of them are just book covers, but ignore those and look over the rest of my posts. read them again. if you still consider them worthless, then im okay with that. just read them.

basically, everybody needs to read the game again and also to form their own opinions and not be sheep.

garu out. (for the moment being, ill be able to read your following posts and defend myself and stuff. heck, if you ask me questions, id appreciate them)
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
(04-11-2014, 04:47 AM)SleepingOrange Wrote: »vore: Garuru

... heehee.

also, dalm, hate to say it, but im not new to this kind of game at all. most of my quietness stems from not being 100% in the game. like, i know i should be, but i cant really seem to keep up with this game consistently, as in, i have to reread to understand where i stand everytime i post. and its a lot of work. so i dont post that much in this game i guess. sorry. ill try to be more active.
(04-11-2014, 12:26 AM)Nova Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

Hey I never said shit about you tunneling (I think?)

(There's also a huge gap between 'here's a massive wall of text' and 'so and so is suspicious because of vague reason' and I more meant that pretty much everyone in this game but a handful of people should be striving to be somewhere in the middle of it).

A few other notes:

1) Garuru calling out Truegreen as definte scum based on something Truegreen did (that to be fair is pretty suspicious) but ignoring all of the other people who have been doing that exact same thing all game? More okay with lynching him (there are still better options though).

2) Conspiracy theory: Truegreen and Slorange are scumbuddies making as much distance as possible between them (probably not true but I want an award for predicting it if it is).

3) I really want to lynch eberron. So bad.

4) Mirdini why (you are everything right in the world but apparently you're already dead and things will probably go back to the way they were before and ahhhh).

5) Just realized that Chwoka and bigro have had next to no real pressure on them at all, in contrast with the Mirdini 'could be scum who can't handle the pressure' point before.

6) I typed out this point without actually having one. Even five points was stretching it since 2 and 4 are kind of completely pointless.
what the heck, I don't want to lynch garuru if he genuinely can't respond to his lynch for a couple days. that's kind of rude. kind of confused about slorange voting him despite that (I can understand truegreen doing it though.)
-oh wait he posted ok. sorry garuru I just felt most iffy about you
and yeah I'm kind of weirded out by dalm going "oh garuru's been quiet" because you definitely...haven't...and that's 0 part of the case against you so like. dalm what

anyways garuru I know you're capable of giving more concrete reads. I've played games with you. I know it might be hard in one game compared to another but I don't think implying that the only reason people are lynching you is because we're holding you to some fucked up standard of play really makes sense in your case. like it held water for akumu but...you're pretty experienced, you know? you've done the thing.
I guess I do appreciate you being sure about truegreen. honestly I don't know what the fuck is with truegreen.
but more to the point, it's not just that you don't have concreteness in your posts. it's also a lack of specificity...you accuse people voting eberron of being scummy, yet you make no specific mention of anyone. or even the people currently on his wagon. (man, I really don't trust sotek this game. I wonder if there's enough people in this game not in awe of his mystique to make lynching him possible.)

huh actually tangent time, maybe we should lynch sotek. he's been very active lurking and coming in to make posts like this
(04-08-2014, 03:38 AM)Sotek Wrote: »sounds legit.
Vote: Solaris.
and we've been letting him get away with it because it's part of his "thing" but he hasn't actually been doing the rest of the thing. citing problems like "oh I don't know anyone this game and there's so little to go off of so far." well buddy it's day 3 and there have been 2 flips so maybe you should start doing something other than sheeping mirdini.
all I can remember him doing this game is tunneling granola who as we all know is a third party.
huhm looking at the votals (curse eagle time's fucked thread search function) there were 2 votes on Sotek yesterday, one from garuru and one from truegreen. that's...interesting. so garuru, you care about 'green voting you for awful reasons but not about the person whom you assumedly wanted to lynch yesterday voting Solaris for arguably worse ones. okaaay
"oh I didn't notice" nah but you wanted sotek dead yesterday liiiiike what changed that made him drop under the radar for you. was it bussing? were you bussing? 'cause I could believe it being bussing.

back on topic. the bad part of wishy-washy reads is that you spend a paragraph 'analyzing' something without ever coming to a conclusion. it's filler that lets you choose which side you want later. it's a maf's way of talking without actually committing to a course of action they can be judged for later. mafia don't like certainty because they know that traps them. it's especially odd because you've managed to make strangely inconsequential votes while staying uncertain on the day's major issues.\
but anyway's I'm changing to vote: Sotek because this is ridiculous
remember, i was voting sotek mainly because of his relation (bussing) to granola, which, as it turns out, is moot thanks to granola being 3p. i suppose i could pull out some wine-y stuff with granola apparently having contacted scumteam earlier but the point of bussing in that case is gone, and also too much prediction involved.

yeah youre probably right. i just dont feel up to reading the thread properly. so ill do that tomorrow.

in the meantime, though, i'm gonna try to pull off a

[Image: th_0345530918.jpg]

(this is what is known as an event. no posting til the mod comes in)
Event!

Garuru stands up in the middle of the room holding a book while everyone else stares.

Nothing appears to happen. However, the deadline for the day has been extended by 24 hours to compensate for any delay caused by waiting to process this very complex day action.
Soooooooo...

Also Garuru, treat third parties as town when it comes to votes, so unless there's some other reason wouldn't Sotek still be suspicious.

(I would vote for Sotek too, for the record. Maaaaybe before I'd want to vote for Garuru.)
...What the shit

ANYWAY :v

Re Garuru not feeling that lynch (unless we find out what the heck that was and it's bad) but if he flips town I will be on Truegreen like a bull on a cherry pie because Garu's point is valid and I was already leery of the guy for bandwagonin'

(04-11-2014, 09:39 PM)Palamedes Wrote: »Hey I never said shit about you tunneling (I think?)

Nah, you didn't. 'Twas Slorange. I was just pointing out the "damned if you do, damned if you don't" sitch 'cause I found it funny :v

Quote:(There's also a huge gap between 'here's a massive wall of text' and 'so and so is suspicious because of vague reason' and I more meant that pretty much everyone in this game but a handful of people should be striving to be somewhere in the middle of it).

Hey c'mon

I never go into a wall intending to wall

I'm just long-winded ;_;

Quote:3) I really want to lynch eberron. So bad.

Raisins?