Murder By The Book - Ender's Game

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder By The Book - Ender's Game
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 4: Life of Pie
:I
nothing really else to say here, fine with this lynch.
if green's scum go for nova and cb, if town keep eye on akumu.

sotek is town bc pie
ruru is town bc powerplay
pala is town bc he threw pie
eberron is town because cop
akumu probably town because cop
Truegreen: https://eagle-time.org/showthread.php?ti...0#pid89880
[Image: xwldX.gif]
Official More-Accurate-Than-Gnauga's Votals

Truegreen - 6 (Schazer, Whimbrel, eberron, icanhasdonuts, Akumu, Palamedes)
icanhasdonuts - 3 (Seedy, Nova, Truegreen)

With 15 alive and active, it takes 8 to lynch and 5 to soft lynch. Deadline is Saturday, April 26 at 11:59 PM Mountain Time, about 3.5 hours from now.
also check out nauga because he's fillerposting
(04-27-2014, 01:18 AM)Truegreen Wrote: »How does Donut know if Akumu is town?

Also, how is it certain that Akumu and I are not both town? There seems to be a lot of speculation about scum motives there. Solaris especially seems to have acted quite oddly and erratically through the game. Look at the Eberron Lynch, Akumu was almost certain of Eberron's guilt based on Solaris's choice to save him, yet donut suggests Eberron is in fact town. What do we actually know for certain about Solaris's logic?

Donut is a cop.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
(04-27-2014, 02:23 AM)Palamedes Wrote: »(Garuru, did you actually mean that you were told exactly what roles visited exactly which people for all roles (think you said it a few posts ago)? Because that seems crazy OP and I don't think Fogel and Para would have put that in.)

I... guess? It's more like I'm told what actions happened to specific people. And yes, I do know all actions. But, if some roles made no actions, I don't know about them. So I was informed that Slorange was checked by a cop, among other things. It's only for that one night.

(Fogel, there are 7 people there, but you say there's 6 votes on Truegreen)
Nova's voting Donut, not Truegreen, so I'm gonna slam a vote: Truegreen down here, and call it a night.
Vote:Truegreen
I think we're about wrapped up here.
[Image: xwldX.gif]
One by one the room turned to look at Theo, eyes full of suspicion, they were on the verge, that knife edge. Theo had seen it many times in the past days, he knew he was a dead man walking. Just a matter of time now.

"You Fools! You Fools! You'll come to regret this!" he says taking a step back. He found his retreat blocked by a large ornate bookcase. There was an odd sound when he hit it, an odd resonating sound, the creak of old wood, the hard thunk of a hardcover striking the floor. One final nail in the coffin.

Vote: Myself
Oh, hey, that's a hammer.

Day end post will be up in a little bit.
RE: Murder By The Book - Night 4: Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hide
After a long day's discussion, the group comes to a consensus. Truegreen is to be lynched.

He takes his sentence with grace as he is dragged to the noose.

"You fools! You fools! You will come to regret this! They've locked us in here, they've trapped us, forced us into this conflict. Have you not wondered why no help has come, why there is no way out. Somehow they've managed to censor an entire Genre, and now they resort to this, the death of authors, the death of literature. Beware the government, for they no longer follow the will of the people, and beware the agents who hide among you. I loathe what I have become, but I loathe them more. Know them for what they are. They are the true enemy, the ones who know much but speak little, they are our ultimate downfall!'"

The crowd isn't particularly impressed by Truegreen's last words. The noose tightens.

Truegreen was Theo Van Doesburg, an author convinced that government conspiracies were behind everything. His desperation drove him to Undercover, who were more than willing to publish his works as long as they were in the form of a murder mystery.

His expertise in cover-ups gave him an edge - he could make someone disappear. He could kidnap a living player and lock them in a trunk, leaving them unable to participate in the next day - they would escape after twenty-four hours, however. If the player he kidnapped died that night, whether it was to Undercover's kill or some other means, their role would not be revealed unless he emptied the trunk, which he would need to do to use it again.

After the trunk was used, Truegreen would need to spend one night cleaning it out before it could be used again, whether its previous occupant was living or dead. The trunk would not be usable if there were too few living players - in other words, if it would be LYLO or MYLO without the trunk.

Another member of the sinister Undercover organization has been found. But how many remain? Everyone heads off for the night, hoping an end to this nightmare is close at hand...

It's night, please get your actions in promptly. Also we still have an inactive slot that could use a replacement.
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 5: The Rings of Satire
The sun rises, and another day arrives. And another headcount reveals the group to be one short. It's not long before the body is found.

Seedy was Veronica Bryant, and she had a knack for political satire. In recent years, she'd gone after the ban on murder mysteries hard, despite the risk of being accused of working with Undercover.

She had no particular abilities. However, every night, she could pick one player and write a short satirical piece about them. This usually had no effect, but it might do something if she amused the mods enough.

She was a caramel townie.

With one more of their number gone, the day's unpleasant business must go forward once more.

Because Seedy was a caramel townie, I've asked her to replace bigro. No word on that yet, I'll let you all know when I hear back.

Livelist:
Crowstone Whimbrel
Garuru
Schazer
Sotek
icanhasdonut
Akumu
Palamedes
Nova
eberron
AgentBlue
Dalm
bigro - Idle slot. Does not count for votes unless it stops being idle somehow.
Chwoka Coldblooded
Gnauga

With 13 alive and active, it takes 7 to lynch and 4 to soft-lynch. Deadline is Tuesday, May 6th at 11:59 Mountain time.
nova's town cool
lynch coldblooded
(05-01-2014, 11:49 PM)icanhasdonut Wrote: »nova's town cool
lynch coldblooded

Softclaim flavorcop

Still alive

Not buyin' it

vote donut

(05-01-2014, 11:46 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »caramel townie.

I love this phrase a lil' too much
[Image: sig.gif]
(04-11-2014, 12:35 AM)Schazer Wrote: »pffft dingle your pringles more like hop on your popcorn
(06-03-2014, 03:10 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »DON'T EDIT POSTS YOU'LL GET MODKILLED wait a minute.
i'm cop
not flavorclaim
cool
also turned a lynch onto a scum
sorry about that next time we'll lynch the townie
New day!

Everything I felt was wrong!

What am I supposed to feel now??
list of town and reasons:
me bc cop
nova bc invest
akumi bc invest
eb bc invest
sotek because pie
pala bc threw pie
Ruru bc Power Play
list of possible scum fmpov:
whimbrel
Agentblue
dalm
schazer
bigro
coldblooded
gnauga
Well shit. Guess we know what happened to cyber. Damn. GREEEEEEEN

I'm with kumu on this one, everything we thought we knew is wrong. Time to kick the board over and reset the pieces I suppose.

Nova's reasoning towards a notdead donut is sound; why would Undercover not lynch a claimed cop?

Scenarios:

Nova is Good Cop. Kill last night was redirected by someone town or third party.

Nova is Bad Cop. Kill last night was purposely directed to another player to 1. discern their flip and remove any special powers, if any, from the game, and 2. lend credence to Nova, and 3. seedy was gunning pretty hard for green yesterday, they may have wanted her and any possible abilities out.

Nova is Not a Cop. Nova is getting their reads from another Undercover cop as insurance for the gambit of copclaiming. If Nova is lynched then the Unvercover cop is safe.

Cop cop cop cop cop. Say cop too many times and cop becomes not a word. Cop cop.

Nova is Third Party Cop. Essentially identical to the Town Cop situation. Listed for completeness. Plus I'm not sure if this is even a role.

Nova, who did you investigate last night?

I notice the point Kumu made on a eberron lynch re: Solaris Undercover (A Midnight Drama) has still gone unaddressed. It made sense to me then, it still makes sense to me now, pie or no pie.

Vote: eberron

Correct me if I've missed something, there are an awful lot of pages.

Finally donut if there were that much scum we'd be at MYLO already.

THERE I POSTED THINGS HAPPY
EBWOP: Shit I meant donut when I said Nova
EBWOP EBWOP: except for the first bit
So... Blue, may I ask your reason on the vote? Kinda feels odd that your voting me even though I spent quite some time gunning at Green.
said possible scum, means scumpool

option 5: I am a town cop and scum wined and doctor wined and scum chose not to kill me
also eberron's town we went over this yesterday

basically I'm saying the scum is in the possible scum and not the others
Mostly to see what you had to say. I'm still not convinced that the Solaris no-lynch advocate D1 wasn't to save your ass, and just because you went after green doesn't automatically absolve you. He sure as hell had me fooled, and I didn't go gunning after him, but it doesn't make me guilty either.
there were two main lynches yesterday: eberron and green. ignoring the fact that eberron is town for me because cop, it's highly likely that:
-one of the two were scum
-at least one person on the nonscum bandwagon(eberron) is scum
-same goes for the scum wagon, probably in the later votes
-nova's town fucking christ I am the worst at scumreading
-an abstainer's probably scum as well