Murder By The Book - Ender's Game

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder By The Book - Ender's Game
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 3: The Book of Revelation
(04-11-2014, 09:58 PM)seedy Wrote: »kind of confused about slorange voting him despite that

As I understood it he'd be back before deadline (which he was, although sooner than expected); I just wanted to get my suspicions out in a concrete way, since I'd spent the rest of the post Just Sayin' Stuff. Vote's a vote's a vore apparently.

If I misread the situation, whoops! Chalk up another point for "Slorange is playin' weird, what's his deal, nothing he says is confirmable in any way"; it all worked out in the end, though.

My case on Truegreen, Eberron, boiled down to:

He seemed to be intentionally misrepresenting my arguments (which is something scum do to try to get town, especially known town power roles [but I'm a one-shot so, ???], lynched)
I felt like his willingness to abandon the vote on me instead of trying to push a case, but then jump back on when other started voting me (without his prompting) was suspicious since scum don't like to have records of starting or pushing bad lynches and often are wishy-washy in general because it leads to not being caught in a falsehood or contradiction later in the game (but the same situation is also readable as him figuring the large majority believed me on principle and prior experience, not wanting to waste his time on a lynch that would never happen [although I'm less likely to believe that now given his weak hop on the Garu wagon; Garu's flip will be informative here if we do lynch him today])
His certainty regarding my claim and repeated accusations that I must be lying is... weird
He voted for me and that hurt my feelers

I don't know how I feel about a Sotek lynch or wagon because... Well I mean there's not much to go on there, which I get is the point, but it just hasn't seemed malicious so much as disinterested. I'm certainly not opposed at all, especially given the largely-unexplained nature of his actions, I just feel like there are better targets today from an information perspective. Like, even me.
Ebb QWOP: What's the deal with the event by the way, what is happening, why have we had two completely pointless day-events

Where are all the lots of vanillas

Are they French vanilla
Ahhh! I've been poked!

~o~ The Agenarium ~o~

Welcome aboard the Agenarium! Within, you will see such wonders such as:

The Life and Times of the True Greens

excerpt: Truegreen was a strange cove, new yet analytical. The rapid critical thinking that arose from their words beat back rebuttals and replaced them with re-rebuttals of their own. Astute readers may note that I raised the point on how a newcomer, untrained, could so quickly rise to the plate - and received back the reply that under the secret training of a Fogel, they had grown into such power.

While their analyses have lowered my suspicion threshold a little bit, the jump onto the Garu-wagon seems a little off. I would assume it was due to comments made on D1 regarding the movement for his preservation for 'entertainment value', yet we all know what happens when you assume. I would place Truegreen on Tentative Town, and also ask to expand on the Garu vote.

Sleeping Oranges and Schazers

excerpt: At the same time, most of the discussion dear Verity Verde brought has been a back and forth to the Orange of Slumber, with a constant undertone of a Schazer. Schaz's vehement support of Slorange seems to indicate a co-alignment, and increasingly I'm not liking what I see. Most confidence in Slor seems to be based around his claim D2 and while I haven't found reason to doubt the rightness of that claim, the defence that continually erupts around him is...organized. Perhaps too organized for there not to be a back channel of communication between the two of them. Even if it is, as it is claimed, a new iteration of a gambit used previously, it still doesn't quite make sense. I would accept it if they were town, but with a two-partner communications channel, but I'm not sure how likely that is. Would suspect them as Third-party at the very least.

The Steely Eye

excerpt: Garu is another question mark, but I suppose we won't get concrete answers until a lynch, hammer, or...whatever that event was. It was complex, that's as far as we know, so I would advance the theory that it was a one-shot, which this game seems to be chock full of. I won't put forward the hammering vote since I'd like a few answers and plus, saying a whole bunch of stuff and then killing the day without allowing people to respond is kinda shitty. Plus, I really want to know what that Power Play did. If I were to advance a theory, it would be that Garu is a Third Party, on the (admittedly shaky) idea that townies don't get one-shots.
Just a point of clarification, Garu is far from a hammer (a hammer being the vote that finalizes his lynch and ends the day; in this case, he'd need six more votes to do it). You can safely put your vote where you want to without fearing that you'll cut the day short.
Day extension role on Garuru sure is a thing. I mean it's not necessarily a town role but that and his posts since the wagon on him built make me somewhat less certain on his lynch hhh.

Agent thank ye for the post

I can see Seedy's Sotek-point, but then again there's Donut and 'laris who're also in my scopes (Palamedes less so at this point).

Garuru please come back and give me reads on people other than Truegreen thankee

Sotek talk or I might just end up agreeing with Seedy

Schazer what do YOU think about Garuru

Lurkers are lurkers and should be shot/lynched eventually but today should really be a lynch that gives us information to work with on future days because I sure as hell aren't going to be around to figure it out

very preferably a lynch that lynches scum
I want to apologize, the vote on Garuru I made was a little rash.

I was kind of bored when I wrote that, really I just wanted something to happen. I was tired of just sitting around without a vote in the air. The RP was just embellishment to go along with the event. Also, Garuru seemed a stable enough vote.

I'll clear up my thought process here.

I mostly based it off Seedy's argument in post #500. The part about everyone 'voting Eberron' when there were only two who had at that point struck me as particularly strange.

Right now my main suspicions are kind of in the air.

My suspicion of Sotek being allied with Granola was just shot to hell.

The Slorange situation is odd and I'm putting that aside till I look back over it.

I could probably make an argument against Schazer but most of my issues with them have already been commented on. Also they seem to have a strong connection with the Slorange issue and I don't want to open that can of worms again until I'm ready for it.

And on top of all that I feel like I have so little information, everything I do is just conjecture and that frustrates me.

Still going to stick with my vote for now. It's better than nothing.
(04-10-2014, 12:09 AM)Mirdini Wrote: »Hey (active) people who haven't voiced their thoughts on 'em - what do you think about Garuru, Solaris, Palamedes, possibly donut? (Looking at Schazer, Akumu, Agent, Gnauga, Sotek)

I seriously have no idea. I've mentioned previously that I'm suspicious of Solaris, I also have super vague suspicions of donut that I don't think I could even explain. Garuru and Palamedes I couldn't say either way, even vaguely.

What is very interesting to me at this point is the Truegreen/Slorange bit. If we could get a flip on one or the other of them, I think it would be a great place to start picking things apart. At this point I'm leaning more towards Truegreen being scum. Maybe I'm just letting my everlasting devotion to Slorange color my perspective.

I still want to lynch eberron!
(04-12-2014, 08:42 AM)Mirdini Wrote: »very preferably a lynch that lynches scum

Soooolaaaarissss
[Image: sig.gif]
(04-11-2014, 12:35 AM)Schazer Wrote: »pffft dingle your pringles more like hop on your popcorn
(06-03-2014, 03:10 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »DON'T EDIT POSTS YOU'LL GET MODKILLED wait a minute.
Going to reread the thread now, but let me just say that the Power Play was a oneshot Super Watcher. That's what I call it anyways, but it basically lets me know all of the actions that happened last night, and to whom. Unfortunately, I didn't get much that could help town. Poor timing, I know, but I was about to get lynched. All I can safely (maybe) say is that Truegreen got a pie, and he probably wasn't the intended target (target switching shenanigans). Also, there may be a scum investigative role, since I see two investigative roles (besides myself). And Mirdini was targeted for a kill, but we know that already. Make of that what you will.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
Oh man...THE PIE! I was so busy being suspicious of everyone and everything I completely forgot I had a pie. It's a mysterious pie, left outside my door in the night. Of course I'm far too paranoid to eat it myself....but I also don't want to just throw away a perfectly good pie. Oh what to do what to do. Oh it certainly looks tasty. But what if it's a trick? I don't remember seeing anyone baking pies during the last few days...and who bakes pies in the middle of the night?

You know what! I am not going to eat this pie! No, I shall show willpower, and dignity.

and then I'll throw it at the next person to make me mad! That'll show em!
Let He Among You Who Is Without Sin Cast The First Vote

bigro - 1 (Solaris)
Nova - 1 (icanhasdonuts)
Solaris - 3 (Sotek, Palamedes, Nova)
Garuru - 3 (Mirdini, Slorange, Truegreen)
eberron - 1 (Akumu)
icanhasdonuts - 1 (Schazer)
Truegreen - 1 (Garuru)
Sotek - 1 (Seedy)

With 19 players alive, it takes 10 to lynch and five to soft-lynch. Deadline is Sunday, April 13 at 11:59 PM Mountain Time.
First off, can I just explain what's with the "everyone" "only 2 people" vote thing. I realize I should have explained it way back, but it didn't seem important enough at the time.

Eberron was very nearly lynched D1. No info happened N1. Then two people voted, both of whom I was suspicious of. Nobody retracted their desire to lynch Eberron at some point. Thus, it was still a popular option at the time. Did I overexaggerate? Maybe. Did I find anyone scummy, other than Soteknola? Not really. I said I "was annoyed", not that I wanted to lynch the people voting Eberron. So I don't get why people are voting me solely because of that?

Here, have a quote:

(03-29-2014, 10:43 PM)Garuru Wrote: »Still really annoyed by people pushing very hard for an eberron lynch, but I will admit he does look kind of scummy right now, from kind of flip-flopping between convictions. My vibe is telling me that he's town, trying his best to cover for his early mistakes. I feel like everyone pushing for eberron is trying too hard to have a lynch today, though whether it's a mislynch or an information lynch probably depends on the person voting. Honestly, eberron is the ULTRA PRIME #1 info lynch, because of the ridiculous number of people attacking or supporting him, so even then, there's not much to go on, at least until Eberron flips, if he does get lynched/killed.

Basically, I was saying that most people (aside from Soteknola) could either be scum or town. The wagon just kind of irked me for non-game-related reasons. Thus, it wasn't important to point out specific people on the wagon, because they knew who they were.

Reads:
town
slightly town
null
slightly scum
scum

1. Mirdini - Totally town (thanks, power play). Sadly, dying. Reads have all been cool.
2. Whimbrel - Oh no not another lurker.
3. SleepingOrange - Eeeehhhhh. Never really felt good about him all game, what with his obsession on his own (could be either town or scum) claim (misdirecting town maybe), and not really scumhunting much otherwise, but also don't really WANT to lynch him today. Maybe later?
4. Garuru - Um, like the best player, gosh.
5. Schazer - Meh. Also ambivalent. Wouldn't mind lynching. Doesn't seem to be pushing enough weight for her activeness? It's all been mechanics-heavy, and not very scumhunt-y.
6. Sotek - much too quiet, but apparently he isn't all that interested in the game, so. Null.
7. icanhasdonut - did he say anything of value? i cant really remember him doing anything.
8. Akumu - kind of dropped off the face of the planet once seedy let up.
9. seedy - Okay. Some tunneling, but town generally.
10. Palamedes - Pops in and out, nice posts.
11. Nova - This was a toughie, because he just seems so contrary and aggressive. However, that's kind of a good thing I think, and I don't see much other reason to lynch him.
12. eberron - Okay, despite all my defending him D1-ish (mainly because he's new, I'll admit), I am more than okay with an eberron lynch today. He pretty much stopped posting once focus drifted away from him (big tell), and hasn't really been super helpful since.
13. AgentBlue - that latest post of theirs has me going hmm, because of the weird "tentative town, third party, third party" reads. Maybe give some concrete scumreads?
14. Truegreen - I've been feeling meh about him the whole game, because he has also been very mechanics-driven and not very scumhunty. Also, he tries so very hard to debunk Slorange's claim, which Slorry already admitted could be read either town or scum, so shouldn't even be all that important in the long run. Then there's that vote for me, and that addendum referring to another player's post with 0 original thought, when accused of not explaining reasons for voting. Then again, maybe I am just taking it personally. I tend to not like when people hop on a wagon voting me without much reason. Seems, kind of rude, I dunno? Regardless, scum.
15. Dalm - Is trying her best. I actually do like her reads, though, she should keep them up.
16. bigro - null
18. Chwoka - null
19. Gnauga - Felt kind of town-ish to me. More like they don't trip any of my scumhunty triggers.
21. Solaris - Tends to plop a few votes here and there then not really do much to back them up. I wouldn't mind lynching them as well, but not as much as the likes of Truegreen or eberron.

To summarize:
Possible scum from least scummy to most: Slorange, donut, Schazer, Solaris, Akumu, eberron, Truegreen.

Not aligned: Truegreen/Slorange, Truegreen/eberron
Aligned: Schazer/Slorange

That's all I can think of in terms of alignments. I'm not that great at that kind of stuff.
(04-12-2014, 07:22 PM)Garuru Wrote: »Going to reread the thread now, but let me just say that the Power Play was a oneshot Super Watcher. That's what I call it anyways, but it basically lets me know all of the actions that happened last night, and to whom. Unfortunately, I didn't get much that could help town. Poor timing, I know, but I was about to get lynched. All I can safely (maybe) say is that Truegreen got a pie, and he probably wasn't the intended target (target switching shenanigans). Also, there may be a scum investigative role, since I see two investigative roles (besides myself). And Mirdini was targeted for a kill, but we know that already. Make of that what you will.

Unvote

Truegreen if you could confirm what Garu said why are you still voting him :I

In other news Vote: Sotek

talk tek
Also Truegreen eat the pie or I will stuff it down your throat
I'm a dead woman walking here so please indulge my outburst. Do eat the pie though - you're a major point of suspicion for a lot of people for a bunch of reasons that I can see as legitimate even though I think that how you're doing them makes you more town who comes off really iffy rather than actual scum. Will explain reasoning re: eating pie further if you really want me to, but the sooner you eat that pie the better.
I'll admit that D2 I was rather quiet but D2 was when Slorange and Green were going at each other like wet cats and I always was worried that anything I'd post would get either ninja'd (which wouldn't help me at all) or debunked at the same time as my post. D3 has been an attempt to get info to help out and while getting Slorange and Green's reads on each other prob to everyone else was a "beating a dead horse" moment they've been high on my suspect list, more so Green then Slorange. The last real life day has not been the kindest to me so my posting slacked badly after they posted so yes, haven't been too helpful. Hasn't been on purpose. D1 was enough of a lesson on trying to find the right play style for myself in mafia games that will be helpful to my team.

Anyway, before this turns into a tired ramble I'm going to follow my gut right now and Vote: Green He's been so dang deat set on going after Slorange, with some rather flimsy attempts, in my eye anyway, to discredit Slorange's claim and then being very wagon happy the last day that I really feel like he's scum.

As an aside, I wonder what Garuru's power would have revealed if it had been triggered D2.
Fogel, the day was extended, right? Doesn't say so in your latest votals. Anyways yeah we have roughly 26 hours left in the day.
hi dini.

I am basically not following this game at all because I have a deadline on the 15th for my thesis.

I should *really* do a full reread and grab a votal analysis, but uh, haha no, not now.

like ... after the 15th, I can? but if I don't have a draft of my thesis to the committee by the 15th I can't finish this semester.
so either I replace out or I do "basically nothing" until then.

sorry, signing up for the game was a mistake, but I was expecting it to start much sooner than it did :(
(04-13-2014, 02:39 AM)Garuru Wrote: »Fogel, the day was extended, right? Doesn't say so in your latest votals. Anyways yeah we have roughly 26 hours left in the day.

Whoops, corrected.
Alright well

I am tentatively less suspicious of Garu for the moment given the day power and presumably town-helpful nature of it. Still not convinced of anything, but not a super helpful channel to pursue now. Glad he's at least put some reads and reasons down, even if they're mostly brief and noncommittal. Also hard not to be suspicious with THIS damning evidence of his alignment:

[Image: 5570054f7e8e229be54d310580a513fb.png]

But somebody gotta die!

vote: Solaris
Let My Votals Go

bigro - 1 (Solaris)
Nova - 1 (icanhasdonuts)
Solaris - 4 (Sotek, Palamedes, Nova, Slorange)
Garuru - 1 (Truegreen)
eberron - 1 (Akumu)
icanhasdonuts - 1 (Schazer)
Truegreen - 2 (Garuru, eberron)
Sotek - 2 (Seedy, Mirdini)

With 19 players alive, it takes 10 to lynch and five to soft-lynch. Deadline is Sunday, April 13 at 11:59 PM Mountain Time.
Solaris wagon is one I can get behind mmmhmmmm

Vote: Solaris for soft lynching
Vote: Solaris to make it a surer thing.

I got caught up on page 13 when I headed home for the weekend but my final review of the thread incoming (like, actually in the next hour or so, because I don't have classes yaaaaaaaay)
okay i guess i will vote: Solaris as well to make it a surer surer thing.
Render Unto Votals That Which Is Votals

bigro - 1 (Solaris)
Nova - 1 (icanhasdonuts)
Solaris - 7 (Sotek, Palamedes, Nova, Slorange, Mirdini, Schazer, Garuru)
Garuru - 1 (Truegreen)
eberron - 1 (Akumu)
Truegreen - 1 (eberron)
Sotek - 1 (Seedy)

With 19 players alive, it takes 10 to lynch and five to soft-lynch. Deadline is Sunday, April 13 at 11:59 PM Mountain Time - about six hours.