Murder By The Book - Ender's Game

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder By The Book - Ender's Game
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 1: Murder on the Disoriented Express
"Personally, I find the vote, then unvote, on our dear sibling-holder strange," Alice remarks over a cup of tea, "it doesn't seem natural to be placed under suspicion, then removed from suspicion, so easily with the rationale given."

Vote: Mirdini
Garuru, I disliked it because you used it as a big defence of the old lady, not because you concluded she was new(ish?) Anyways, it's not so much a strong dislike as it is a 'if Aunty ever dies and is scum I might want to hang you a little for it'. It's a pretty small suspicion though, if I'm being honest because I can sort of see your point of view.

Figuring out how to mafia talk in way that doesn't break character is a mess and I should probably stop trying.
(03-18-2014, 03:43 AM)Palamedes Wrote: »Now I can't help but dislike you immediately jumping towards assuming eberron is new and using it as a defence?

Quote:Also, who even votes someone voting for them anymore besides moderately inexperienced people (what with all the experienced types immediately jumping down their throat for OMGUSing no matter how valid it might be).

Hahaha what

I'm feverish as all hell rn and even I can tell this shit don't align
[Image: sig.gif]
(04-11-2014, 12:35 AM)Schazer Wrote: »pffft dingle your pringles more like hop on your popcorn
(06-03-2014, 03:10 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »DON'T EDIT POSTS YOU'LL GET MODKILLED wait a minute.
You have to love magical worlds where people can't use jokes or sarcasm (second quote was basically directed at you actually).

Or when people rephrase already-asked questions when they've already been answered. Oh wait you posted like 2 minutes after nevermind this point.
LISTEN

I HAVE SHAT OUT APPROXIMATELY HALF MY BODY WEIGHT TODAY

I WILL MUTATE A DAYKILL DO NOT TEST ME
[Image: sig.gif]
(04-11-2014, 12:35 AM)Schazer Wrote: »pffft dingle your pringles more like hop on your popcorn
(06-03-2014, 03:10 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »DON'T EDIT POSTS YOU'LL GET MODKILLED wait a minute.
[Image: F6Amn3s.png]
[Image: 2hxavlf.jpg]
Donut I don't know if it's just a happy coincidence or if that is some of the best satire I've seen in a while.
That is clearly my newest publication. It is in no way satire.
(03-18-2014, 10:39 PM)icanhasdonut Wrote: »[Image: 2hxavlf.jpg]

[Image: once-in-a-lifetime.jpg]
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
Well donut I'm already excited about 'Sequel to Fillerpost', and hope the actual book lives up to the title.
[Image: qTncuJM.png]
Arrigh, Amos, if you had to pick one person's alignment to be revealed right now (by lynch or by some dumber mechanic which probably doesn't exist, this is just an attempt to stir up discussion) who would you choose and why?

I'm looking through now and will try tackle this but blaaaargh D1
Ok so I feel Eberron and Nova could be a thing, were Eberron new scum and getting only a cursory note to follow a scumbuddy Nova's lead.

Akumu has been asking all the right questions, and Granola done got entangled up in there at some point. Yeah in conclusion I'd probably go with Eberron but it's a lazy choice; Akumu Eberron Granola and Nova arguably only seem suspicious by dint of being active. Granola would be my most suspect of the bunch because a) we're always opposite-aligned* b) least active of the four**.

*This is a dumb joke about our shared game history, please disregard
**This could also mean nothing if you explain it away with not having the opportunity to be very active. Quoting only Akumu kind of felt like a thing though.

---

I don't really feel good lynching anybody so far who's comprised the more active third-ish of the playerlist (Chwoka, Nova, Garuru, Akumu, Palamedes, eberron). I don't feel donut's contributed much so far despite having as many posts as eberron, so I'm gonna slap a Vote: icanhasdonut.
Even though I still harbor suspicions towards Early, it seems as though that tide has ebbed, leaving me alone in it. What of those who have chosen to skulk about, rather than making themselves known? That is both unhelpful to the investigative cause and to the cause of revelry. Our number should be twenty-one, let us let no stone be unturned in our search for the missing two.
Journey to the Center of the Votals

A quick note: if you vote by just bolding someone's name without saying "Vote", "Lynch", or something similarly explicit, I'm not going to count that. I will also not count votes made in images. If you want me to count your vote, make sure you make it very clear it's a vote!

That's not to say you can't vote in goofy ways, just toss a "Vote whoever" at the end. If you think that would break character or otherwise interfere with your post in some way, just toss the actual vote in a spoiler and I'll still count it.

Granolaman - 2 (Gnauga, Sotek)
Akumu - 2 (icanhasdonuts, Granolaman)
Mirdini - 2 (Solaris, Agent)
No Lynch - 1 (Slorange)
eberron - 2 (Akumu, Palamedes)
Chwoka - 1 (Garuru)
icanhasdonuts - 1 (Schazer)

With 21 alive, it takes 11 to lynch and 6 to soft lynch. Deadline is Thursday, March 20 at 11:59 PM Mountain time.
[Image: Ea86xoQ.png]

(Vote: Donut)
Okay so you are most skeptical of Slorange yet you vote for donut?

???
Early leans back. "I too find it hard to know who to trust right now, although I see that I have not helped much in rooting out those who are planning our doom.* She scans the room as her thoughts work over everything said so far
(03-19-2014, 02:42 AM)Palamedes Wrote: »Okay so you are most skeptical of Slorange yet you vote for donut?

???

This is a really dumb response.
Robert stands placidly in a corner, not understanding what these maddened authors are saying, nor where the mysterious voice announcing "votals" is originating from.

"Uh, I mean
Alright, first I'mma UNVOTE since we're out of RVS and I never really had a reason to vote for Granola except I hate those nature valley granola bars because they're such a goddamn brittle and crumby mess. I like granola cereals, though.

Uh, I mean
I never really got Amosyn's justification for voting Donut. The only thing donut has really done so far is unvote at #114 the Akumu vote they made at #55 when we were still in hi-larious in-character RVS.
I'm not gonna say you absolutely need a reason to kill a fella, since the math apparently works out that, unless the accuracy of the town's collective reads change significantly over the course of a night, it's always better to lynch. But if you could break character in a spoiler and explain that, even if it's just "gotta lynch somebody", I'd appreciate it.

It's honestly really hard to read the silly RP stuff we were doing because there's some pretty thick overlap between serious actions and wacky RPing. Taking a look at Eberron's #113, they say a few things, the last two of which I will crudely summarize as "I had a reason but I forgot" and "backpedaling". It's, of course, entirely possible that they did forget. But "I forgot" also works as a catch-all excuse to backpedal if the mob takes note of your vote and wants a reason. It's a means to be disingenuous about your reasoning. I don't think that, at that moment, there was any reasoning for Eberron to actually be disingenuous about, but playing close to your hand is the kind of safe reaction a scum Undercover would be more inclined to take than a townie writer. But mostly this is a gut-flash kinda deal; it just seems like the sorta thing that I would do (and I have done/said similar things) as an inexperienced or rusty mafioso.
Vote: Eberron
Obviously I'm not declaring this with 100% certainty. I'm also looking askance look at both Amosmyn and Donut until somebody starts talking proper words. Or I guess I'll start dissecting your book covers. Those concentric circles look pretty spish.

And just to help people with people trying to keep track of who's agreeing with who, my stance is similar to Palamedes's #121 statement that 'I'm not particularly happy with how old lady eberron handled her naysayers.' My micro-analysis here is counter Schazer's broader philosophy of giving the benefit of the doubt to activity in #140. I'm also sympathetic to Nova's plight, and I wish them a swift recovery.
Uh, I mean"

Entirely baffled by the inexplicable words that flew out of his mouth, Robert collapsed onto the floor, passed out with shock. His eyes were rolled back into his head, and his mouth agape. Somebody should probably set him down properly, or he'll start drooling on the carpet.

"And that's how you jam real mafia talk into your roleplaying, bitches," said Robert's mouth, seemingly moving under its own power.
[Image: xwldX.gif]
Man I love being told I'm dumb instead of getting a real answer for vague and poorly worded posts. Who doesn't like that.

Honestly I'm almost against killing donut on the sheer basis of amos' responses (doesn't help that donut hasn't done much else and if we're going to lurkerlynch I'd rather go after people who aren't posting at all).
pala is there any reason you are still votings on ron?

anyway im gunna Vote: amosmyn unless he gets a bit less ad homehey

Im willing to give ron a day in game because hes not super new

anyway lets do some meta talks here i guess???

uh
shit this has been a long time is cop/vig/doc still a thing to do
(03-19-2014, 05:19 AM)amosmyn Wrote: »
(03-19-2014, 02:42 AM)Palamedes Wrote: »Okay so you are most skeptical of Slorange yet you vote for donut?

???

This is a really unhelpful response. Would your gut say that one or both of the aforementioned are scum?
(03-19-2014, 05:19 AM)amosmyn Wrote: »

???

Guys guys I get it. He was referring to his own response. The response describes itself. (fo reals tho thats way rude i mean wow)

But he still hasn't explained that post. I mean, he's really insistent on voting donut for some reason, and he hasn't told us what that reason is.

vote: amosmyn
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]