Know about the relevance of travel deals

Know about the relevance of travel deals
RE: Know about the relevance of travel deals
I'm shipping out to the Job Corps today, which is a U.S. government program that trains you to enter a blue-collar trade. I expect to stay there for about two years. I am not sure how the internet connection will be there, but I'm almost certain I will have little downtime in which to use it anyway, so don't expect to see me around as much.
what.
Dude, seriously?
I hope your experience gives you what you want from it. I've known folks whose lives it's turned around and folks who have hated every minute. If you're still around, can I ask if this was your choice or a parental ultimatum?
My choice. I need to make more money if I want to move away from home, so I need a better-paying, more-consistent, hopefully-less-miserable temporary job than "dishwasher", one that I can uproot and take with me as a bonus. College is a bit of a scam, and I wasn't doing well there anyway, so I figured I'd go for the so-cheap-they-pay-you 90%-employment-guarantee option. It's all chill, no need for alarm.
Chiming in to agree with Slorange's sentiments n' hope it works out for you Chwoka.

Try to stop by every so often, we'll be missing you.
I wish you the best of luck, Chwoka! Do you know what trade you'll be training for, or are you going to be surveying different options first?
Haha whoops I panicked

I hope it works out for you! I had to go look up "US Job Corps" because, having never heard of it, it sounded like something out of Shadowrun or whatever.

Clearly my cultural osmosis of American further education beyond college and "community college maybe? Trade schools????????" Is woefully lacking Melonspa
To be fair, Job Corps isn't particularly well-known among Americans even, especially the ones in a position to take advantage of it. Like most options that exist primarily for the poor, it's not well-publicized and has a significant social stigma to it.

e: unfairly, I should clarify. There's just a fair amount of judgement lumped onto anyone who doesn't take the college route, it being seen as a personal or intellectual failing on your part to not be able to afford college and succeed in it.
I would roll my eyes and say, "oh, America!!" but honestly it's the same in New Zealand? I've most definitely got a biased view with everyone telling me that anything but university was a nebulous "waste of ""talent""", but trade schools/polytechnics were for those who can't cut it at university. It's lowered standards and definitely some classist bullshit.
~Welcome To Capitalism~
Your starter package is some seeds for an annual crop, a kick in the teeth, and these coupons for a discount on farmland timeshares
You misspelt futile, Wheat
good luck chwoka!
You must be registered to view this content.
what if the job corps are abducting humans... to turn them into jobs? Who wants to work as a "Bill" or "Frank" anyway? Well that's how they'll profit. You can now physically replace other people and get paid to do it! Hands up who wants to be the new Chwoka
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
Apply Within
Just stopping in quickly to let you all know that everything's going great, though as you may have gathered internet access is extremely limited. And Wheat: They're not rednecks — by and large they're huge, huge anime-and-MtG nerds.
Yay! Thanks for keeping us posted.
You must be registered to view this content.
Two words, two hyperlinks.
The greatest trick the devil ever played was in HTML