Zoostuck 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zoostuck 3
RE: Johnstuck 3
However, I trademarked "Johnstuck," which your new title contains. So pay up!
Obviously I planned this series of adventures so far ahead that I trademarked Johnstuck 3 before you trademarked Johnstuck.
I still feel your use of this trademark, having first been shown to the world YEARS after I published my Johnstuck, is infringing on my trademark. My lawyer can make a very good argument in court that a moron in a hurry could mistake your adventure for a sequel to mine. And, since I could not possibly have knowledge of your adventure, as it was only ever planned until today, I'm afraid I'm the one in power here.
when you can feel the law, there's something weird going on... reecer6, are you a manifestation of a lawyer's face? you've got the detective look and everything
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
Well, my dad is Phoenix Wright, so I'm basically the entire judicial system.
(03-09-2015, 02:46 AM)Reecer6 Wrote: »My lawyer can make a very good argument in court that a moron in a hurry could mistake your adventure for a sequel to mine.

Well, it's not my fault you didn't check for potentially confusing trademarks before you did. that

Quote:And, since I could not possibly have knowledge of your adventure, as it was only ever planned until today, I'm afraid I'm the one in power here.

I allowed you to write your adventure without taking legal action because it would be rude to do otherwise. In fact, I sent your lawyer a memo making that perfectly clear that I was doing so. Perhaps your lawyer can explain what happened to that memo.
(03-09-2015, 03:55 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »Well, it's not my fault you didn't check for potentially confusing trademarks before you did. that

Please note that your entire argument falls on the premise that you filed your trademark before I did. Even if such as true (we would have to get access to the trademark office records to verify this), who is to say I did not file "Johnstuck" much before you did? I do have memories of inventing this idea YEARS ago, but not exactly how many. Regardless of the answer of this part, my trademark was still clearly revealed to the public much earlier, and no one but yourself knew about yours until today.
I know that I filed mine first because, unlike you, I actually did research on what trademarks were already filed. Furthermore, I took steps to inform you of my trademark in case you wished to avoid confusion, and yet your lawyers evidently never passed the message along to you.

The matter of which was published first is irrelevant. The trademark applies at the time it is registered, and it is a matter of public record, if only to prevent others from carelessly registering the same trademark. You are merely trying to confuse the issue because you know you have the weaker argument.
> reboot universe again
Fogel there's a way out of this. Just remove all the cysts from this adventure and stop promoting cyst-like behavior, and you'll have cornered half the law.
You must be registered to view this content.
You all lose, I filed Johnstuck as a trademark in nineteen eighty-six, before the common era
RE: Zoostuck 3
(03-09-2015, 04:44 AM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: »> reboot universe again

You aren't going to do that. Every villain in this series tries to reboot the universe, because they can't deal with the far more difficult, yet satisfying, process of reshaping the current universe into one more in line with their own vision without overwriting it with a whole new one.

Well, you're up to that challenge. And with your new control over this universe, it should be simple... wait... what's this?

(03-09-2015, 01:56 AM)Reecer6 Wrote: »DF, pay me 10k USD in royalties or cease and decist.

(03-09-2015, 07:25 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »You all lose, I filed Johnstuck as a trademark in nineteen eighty-six, before the common era

Confound it, there's a trademark dispute! How did you miss that? You can't take the risk of granting someone else control of this universe if the findings aren't in your favor. You'll have to get the name reverted until this can be resolved.

This requires using your vast resources to undo the request your previous use of vast resources required. You can't believe you were caught unawares by the outcome of that request. Regardless, now all the Johnsmells are Zoosmells again.

With one exception.

You are now Johnsmell Madden and you're going to figure out how exactly this happened. But how are you going to do that with only a vast fortune and complete control of the video game market?
follow your nose
fire everyone, that means more money for you and less money being paid to people right
Fire yourself,. if you aren't getting paid, that's more money for the company to use to be more efficient
Trademark the name Johnsmell.
aeiou?
(03-09-2015, 08:54 PM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: »follow your nose

Yeah, that's it! You'll follow your nose to whoever is responsible for this!

Ow. Your nose just lead you into the wall. Stupid nose! Okay, this is going to call for a different approach.

(03-09-2015, 08:57 PM)Solaris Wrote: »fire everyone, that means more money for you and less money being paid to people right

It suddenly occurs to you that you're spending way too much money on this operation. You promptly fire every employee you have. What do you even need them for? You own the whole market. You can do whatever you want with the next game and you'll still make tons of money because you're the only game in town. Where the town is the world.

(03-10-2015, 12:43 AM)SupahKiven Wrote: »Trademark the name Johnsmell.

But even that big pile of money isn't enough for you. You promptly trademark the name Johnsmell so you can get money from people who want to use your highly successful name for things. Now that's proactively leveraging your synergies or whatever that stuff businesses say is.

With all of the additional money you're getting, you completely forget about whatever it was you were trying to do and just start making your mansion even more opulent.

You are now the poor sap whose job it is to get this pathetic excuse for a plot back on track. Who are you and what are you doing?

Oh, right. You're Zoosmell Pooplord and now all these other people are Zoosmells and you have this nagging voice in your head telling you to fix the universe or at least get the plot back on track so the universe can be fixed as a result of it or something. You don't exactly have the attention span to remember the details.

Anyways, you're at this Zoosmell convention and you've got to, um, well, probably stop some bad guy. Or something. You honestly have no idea what your short-term objective is. So what are you going to do?
get a hot dog
Get your hot dog a haircut