Experimental RPG

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Experimental RPG
Re: Experimental RPG
Ooh! Art's lovely, as has been said (the moss hair's a nice touch; not something I'd considered), and the cast looks to be... an interesting bunch. Looking forward to this!
^___^

I've said it before! And I'll say it again! These arts are the amazing!

As for deadlines, well, I've not got a clue. Depends on the expected complexity of player actions, reaally, but so far the proposed soft limits seem okay with me!
Suddenly, a Not Bear arrives. It comes bearing a gift.
[Image: 2011-12-16-01.png]
Let me explain. I... I spent a long time thinking about this. I realized there is no way to properly draw one. So instead I wrote up a bit.

The Truth Elemental is displayed as little more than a glowing, floating mirror that displays the truth of the world around it. So it would be perceived either as:

1: A 'truth' as known by the viewer or
2: Merely a floating invisible disk that reveals the 'truth' behind it.

... I plan on drawing all the character ideas that don't make it, so I hope this looks alright! Also Sup Gecko, I'm here to make your life complicated.
[Image: Scott-Seal-of-Approval-1.png]
And here is the other four of the first set of five.

[Image: 2011-12-16-02.png]
Sir Edgar Lyon Robert Thurgood Allenson-Finch The III
Hamsterling Penguin Rider
"Please, at least one person get the joke I have included in this drawing."

[Image: 2011-12-16-03.png]
Sisce
Osmogel Assimilator
"I think this is pretty. I am making this an exercise in trying to be weird and different from my norm. Watch me break this with the next one..."

[Image: 2011-12-16-04.png]
Mick Green
Human Fisticuffmancer
"Yeah, this is basically the kind of stuff I draw all the time, in one way or another. Of course he's a detective! He's totally chipping dudes chins."

[Image: 2011-12-16-05.png]
Limi Knight
Mescull Thespianaut
"Okay, I left the A out in Thespianaut, and I have no idea what a Mescull is, I even did a google search, so I invented a toothy, bald 4 fingered (two opposable thumbed) alien that apparently invented Shakespeare or really like it or something. Sorry about the A again."
I hope these are turning out okay because here comes the last five! (I hope I didn't miss anybody. Please let me know if I skipped you!)

[Image: 2011-12-16-06.png]
Lady Mirabella
Spriggan Mediator
"I looked up Spriggans. Maybe I should have drawn an ugly little faerie creature, but at least I kept the size change ability! ... Oh, and she kinda looks like a power puff girl. = _="

[Image: 2011-12-16-07.png]
Emily Wee
Human Gyromancer
"... Yeah. It's a woman in a funky outfit with swirly glasses and a hypnoyoyo. Still feels like a good job. Feel free to correct me on that!"

[Image: 2011-12-16-08.png]
Hkalllap
Holy Spider Golem Prophet of Hats
"I wasn't entirely sure what to do for the race. So I made a giant mechanical spider. I hope it looks like a spider anyways. <:I"

[Image: 2011-12-16-09.png]
Elrohir Ar-Feiniel
Flame Elf Baseball Knight
"Yeah, that's right. The alt version was a Dwarf. I thought that would be funny. Then I imagined Humans = Plain Elves, Lizard Men = Scaly Elves... And it just downspiraled from there. Either way, he's tan. Forged his own bat!"

[Image: 2011-12-16-10.png]
Avi'e
Crow Person Shadowcaster
"Caw Caw Caw, That's all folks. Gecko showed me this, and I saw that he wasn't going to be able to make use of all the ideas in one go (maybe) so I thought I would attempt to interpret them! I think he'd do a better job though. Anyways, Enjoy!"
Yayyyyy. I like Sisce!
Nice work there, non-bear! Thanks for taking the time to do this.
Great work Minion I originally intended him to be a Harvestman, but this works rather well : D
I got so caught up in that whole Flame Elf = Dwarf??? thing that I completely forgot to mention, in case it came up: Yes, the team emblem is a flaming elf ear. For some reason I had thought they could be the Rumor Mongers. Real ruthless cutthroat players that stop at nothing (As long as it's nothing more than useless mudslinging) to bring down their competition.
oh my god

oh my god first bear joins and now this

Minion
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
Wow, that's awesome. This is all getting awesome.

Pity I don't have the setup to draw.
Oh my gosh those are awesome

Not-Bear you are fantastic

Minion

(also don't worry about the Mescull thing, I made the word up on the spot so it's logical a google search wouldn't turn up anything)
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
[Image: 2011-12-18-02.png]
Michael Canassis
Human Arcane Engineer
"I can't tell if all of those tools are like, magical projections and that big wrench his is wizard's staff, or if he's simply levitating all those tools."

[Image: 2011-12-18-03.png]
Gareth Sk'Lk-Ksh'Shkkksh
Spiderkin Sanguisurgist
"I'm not entirely sure what Sanguisurgist means, and in the end I kinda nibbled on Gecko's Design, but with this and the next one, I think it was not only appropriate, because his designs are amazing, but also because I just felt like I HAD to re-imagine these, without entirely redesigning them."
(Also part of me keeps telling myself a male spider wouldn't have a back end that big. Bluh.)

[Image: 2011-12-18-04.png]
Agrelle
Earthen Golem Runographer
"Again, loved Gecko's original design. I decided to go with Kudzu Vines instead of Moss, and change the body dynamic with some modified shapes. Has more of a 'Mother Earth' feel to it than Earthen Golem, but I think it came out okay. The blue spot is possibly a reservoir of water that keeps the 'legs' area sorta wet and muddy (for sliding around) and also keeps the plantlife living? I really don't know. Just kinda went with it. I liked cracking the 'skirt' and 'mask' (with nifty ruby eye.)"

[Image: 2011-12-19-02.png]
Eidolen
Dream Shade Drifter
"Minimalism works, kids. I wanted a fluid, continuous shape with as few 'breaks' in it's lines as possible. Is this minimalism? Compared to my other designs it is. :I Simple, clean, sharp (haha, cause.. blades..) I had fun."

I hope this wasn't too TL;DR. Enjoy.
*ahem*

GLEEEEEEEEEEEE

that is all
Happymelon

Wow this is really great. I didn't check this topic in a couple of days and so i'd been missing out!

I'm probably going to be entering my baseball knight into something else in the future and that is the best design for him. Thank you!
I meant to say this before, but

NotABear you're great and these are great

Never stop drawing
Oh man, these are super sweet too!
RE: Experimental RPG
Just jumping in to say that I'm still working on the sprites. I have the "idle" sprites left to draw as well as one more stat screen, then I'll make the "beginning" of the game. Thanks for your patience.