Steam Winter Giveaway 2015 (D14 - Giveaway Epilogue)

Poll: Enter Double Overtime Mode?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes I have a need for speed.
73.33%
11 73.33%
No, too fast.
26.67%
4 26.67%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Image: Winter%20Giveaway.png]

So, as most of you probably aren't aware, SupahKiven and I are currently running a new game giveaway thread over on that one other forum where Coldblooded and I also ran that last giveaway (Coldblooded has been removed as an obstacle to my power-hungry schemes a lot of stuff on his plate and so Kiven thankfully jumped in to help me take care of things. Basically the thing going on is that in an outstanding display of avarice and poor planning based around Steam Sales and the like I have found myself with way too many extra games (including many I already had). Other people have had this problem too, and now they're all going into a pile so that all you guys can get something.

There are a lot of games. Like just a crazy amount. Last time we had 44 participants and even then we stilll had a ton of leftover games that we available to offer - and a few more have been added since then. So while I could have just kept it on CPI, last time bringing it here and turning it into a big co-forum thing worked out before and was sort of a fun co-community thing so it just made sense to stick with it.

Anyways, it's going to work much the same way as before - you sign up, check in every now and then within the next month or so, and in return you'll get a free game on Steam, no strings attached. We're going to be cross-posting everything that happens on the Choco Pi Forums over here and vice versa, so you won't even have to sign up for a new forum account or anything. Of course, you will still need to have a Steam account.

The Rules (courtesy of Coldblooded): Every single game up for grabs will be revealed right at the very beginning of the game. (Or a bit before, more likely.) Every player is then given 100 points to divide among whichever games that they like best. After everybody has distributed their points, we will then determine the winners of the four most popular games currently on the table. The more points that somebody has placed into a game, the better their odds of walking away with it.

SpoilerShow

Alright, let's say that you placed all of your points into the very popular games in the first round, and didn't win any of them. That sucks right? Well yeah, but it's not the end of the world. At the end of each round, the lucky winners will each receive the game that they won via Steam and then leave the game. The remaining players will each receive another 25 points as a consolation prize, and will be given another 48 hours to distribute them before the next round begins. Rinse and repeat until every single player is matched up with a game.

Corollory: While you are free to change your points up to the deadline, please only ever do so in a new post - this makes figuring out who voted for what much easier since we don't have to go through the entire thread post by post every time we're calculating who wins what.

Oh right, and don't feel guilty accepting a game for free, please. Currently these games are just sitting around unplayed and unloved, waiting for an owner to come and claim them - might as well be you. Also according to the last run 4chan and every kind of jazz will apparently invade our forums because our forums will become weak and malnourished or something.

Also, I know we promised back during the last giveaway to give you guys a heads up while the winter sale was still on - I feel like a huge derp and completely forgot about it entirely. I'll try to be better about it around the time of the summer sale.

P.S. A special thank you to Kiven, Coldblooded, Kocel, amosmyn, Akumu, Rivenforge, Granolaman, Schazer, OzTheWizard, Excalibur, Terrabalt, Demonsul, Raptarion, and KatoHearts for the inspiration, help, and donations that made this whole thing possible.

Signups: 39/39
SpoilerShow

Games list:
SpoilerShow

Link to CPI thread
RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2015
Co-Mod approved. Crying Eagle
I got my eye on a few things so I am excite to see the list.

oh yeah i'd like in :>
I am in the same position as cyber. Including the in part.

Thank you for running this again!
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
I'd like some free games o:
I too would like a free game and to express my gratitude to you nerds for letting us in on this again

E: also, I've got a title that was gifted me but my computer's not up to snuff to run it. I'll pass it on to you Pala over steam when I get home
You are both excellent beyond excellence. I want in, and I want to thank you for letting this happen.
[Image: xwldX.gif]
Sweeeet. I'm in.
I'll participate! I also have a bunch of games that I would like to throw in the pile, if we can do that.
I'm up for it.
(01-09-2015, 01:55 AM)Akumu Wrote: »I'll participate! I also have a bunch of games that I would like to throw in the pile, if we can do that.

Of course, the more we get the more people we can accept and games we can give out! Just PM me and Kiven to let us know and send them over!
You must be registered to view this content.
I'll be in! I'll donate something too this time (Wish I had remembered to grab stuff for it during sales oops)
I'd like to sign up!

I have a game i can't run but unfortunately it's in my library ;n;
[Image: egg005.png?raw=1][Image: egg005.png?raw=1]
I guess I'll take part again, why not.
Alright, so with no new signups in a day or so, Kiven and I will finish getting everything sorted out and should have the game list out/first day started in a few days time.

For all of you who haven't signed up for whatever crazy reason, now's your last chance to join! Be there (here?) or be square.
*Slides in at the last second*

I've got a game or three to add to the pot too.
A couple generous donators (or donators to be) have asked, so I figured I'd state it outright here.

If you have games you want to donate, after letting me and Kiven know you can either send the games directly to one of us over Steam prior to gamestart or hold onto them and we'll arrange the transfer when they're won. The former is a little quicker and easier on our end, but ultimately up to the giver of course if they'd rather deal with it as things come.

Right and I completely forgot to give my Steam account for those who don't have it - you can find it here.
And you guys can find me here.
Hello! In please! :D

I'm still playing the gift I got last year. Maybe I'll luck out again!
Is there still room? 'cause I want in.
count me in.
And so, we begin.

Here is the list of games available for bidding:
SpoilerShow

The more astute of you might have noticed that there are way more than 38 games. There's actually 82. That's right, thanks to the overwhelming generosity of our donors we have enough games to give out two games per person instead of one! Crazy!

This will hopefully add in an exciting new element - will people try to spread their points around more to get two games they want most, or will they just focus on one and pick from what's left after?

'Day' will end in approximately 48 hours, and then we'll sort out the four most popular games.
RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2015 (D1 - It Begins)
100 on Shredded Please, please.
RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2015 (D1 - It Begins)
50 on Gone Home for me, please.