ETFA Discussion and Fanartery

ETFA Discussion and Fanartery
RE: ETFA Discussion and Fanartery
Some pixel art I did of Geno from Tuesday's Void Girl.
[Image: VFJ9yvg.png]
[Image: QG7ZzCk.png]
[Image: JJEXFie.png]
Does really cute mice people, vibrant characters/backgrounds and the most adorable art style you've ever seen interest you? Read Great Haven.

Have you ever wanted to save a bunch of kids from dying horribly in a nightmare dreamscape? Read Lucidstuck
[Image: zCj246I.gif]
cash money wizard best wizard
Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
Another pixel, this time of Casey Deadman from The Shop

[Image: lnUlElA.png]

[Image: V7SmqPB.png]
Does really cute mice people, vibrant characters/backgrounds and the most adorable art style you've ever seen interest you? Read Great Haven.

Have you ever wanted to save a bunch of kids from dying horribly in a nightmare dreamscape? Read Lucidstuck
Your pixels are really cute! :0!
Thank you!

EDIT: Hey I did a pixel for Raoul from Great Haven. What do you think?
[Image: vrHFF2h.png]

EDIT 2: Changed some stuff, and added his bag.
[Image: RkFHr4h.png]

EDIT 3: Outfit
[Image: rLZQKss.png]

Aw man cute pixels
I love the lil heart too <3
Aw, thanks you guys.

Sorry for double post, but I did a new pixel art of Great Haven. This time, the snow hiir which was one of my fav updates:

[Image: yfDR49h.png]

That's really good! I love the shading on it!
Casey Deadman's madness has made me laugh and I was overtaken by a compelling force to make this tribute.

[Image: HC4dsNe.png]

More 'The Shop' fanart? maybe someday. maybe it's the shopkeep.
i love the side-eye casey and the unicycle are giving us oh my god
(08-22-2017, 08:02 AM)Tuesday Wrote: »i love the side-eye casey and the unicycle are giving us oh my god

Haha, thanks!

This is something I've been thinking about: How long should the 'grace period' for waiting for an adventure's suggestions be? I used to spend a whole week waiting, but now I feel like three days might be more adequate.

I originally selected a week because it seems some folks visit this site on a weekly basis, but now I want to up the pace of updates.
(09-12-2017, 06:56 AM)Mayu_Zane Wrote: »
(08-22-2017, 08:02 AM)Tuesday Wrote: »i love the side-eye casey and the unicycle are giving us oh my god

Haha, thanks!

This is something I've been thinking about: How long should the 'grace period' for waiting for an adventure's suggestions be? I used to spend a whole week waiting, but now I feel like three days might be more adequate.

I originally selected a week because it seems some folks visit this site on a weekly basis, but now I want to up the pace of updates.

Honestly, however you long feel is reasonable? Whenever idea you think works best in the story or one that inspires you to write? If no such idea comes, try to work within the confines of what you were given. For the purposes of your adventures though... I feel like giving us time until discussion has run its course should do? Sometimes that's a week, sometimes that's just a day. So it can be hard to parse when is a good time to update.
Life update: Mom is in intensive care due to a lung infection. I caught it too. I am resting. Mind feels like it’s oozing out of my nose. I need to go sleep now.
Oh, dang. Hope you and your mom recover soon.
(11-17-2017, 04:17 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »Oh, dang. Hope you and your mom recover soon.

Thanks! We're both okay now.

Hey, this is kind of an odd question but is it considered a bad idea to make an ad for your adventure? Like, would it be considered in bad taste if I paid for an ad for any of my threads, like Art of Domination or Refugeville? A part of me feels like some of the folks on Eagle-time might think I'm turning my adventure into some kind of cynical business or something, but I also want more people to check it out.

Also, I don't think I've ever seen anybody making an ad for their forum-based interactive story. I could be wrong. Not sure if Homestuck or Prequel ever made any ads on other websites.
I think if a bunch of random folks suddenly flood the forums just to read one adventure, that would probably be bad.
But if you mirror the adventure onto its own site + link to the mirror, then why the heck not, eh?
But that's just my take.
Hmm. Maybe I should invest in getting my own website and make a mirror, but then again, the mirror that's already up for Art of Domination is a big mess and it's going to be a lot of work to put everything up correctly. Maybe that would be more viable for the newer ones, From the Sands and Refugeville.

Also, yea, I'll definitely put the places where the ads show up into consideration. No way in hell would I want any of them to show up on uh, unpleasant websites.
If you know, or want to learn the process it takes to make a website I highly recommend it. When you have a goal in mind, one that can benefit you, it makes the learning process much easier. It's just because it goes from "I guess I should learn this thing people tell me is important but I have no idea what I'll use it for." to "I'll learn this thing cause I need it for this part of my site." (Of course learning the basics first is important.)

If you're not too interested in learning the coding portion of it I recommend checking out wordpress themes and other websites that basically come with sites prepackaged. While there's many that support page comics / typical format, there's not so many that support forum adventure style of doing things so you may have to dig around for something that works.

I'm always a heavy "Please do" on mirror creation, anything to backup and protect your work is always a good idea.
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
I'm so happy that I actually finished Monsters Outside. If you missed it, you can check it out here. https://eagle-time.org/showthread.php?tid=3508

I felt like I needed to make something just to celebrate its completion, so here it is.

[Image: UqGEfK4.png]

I had the itch to make a short story that would only take up about a month, and I'm glad it reached the ending. I really hope people had fun with it.
I enjoyed following it. I'm glad it was a helpful exercise for you!
Hey, here's a question: What's an old inactive adventure on eagle-time that you wish would get a continuation?
(07-20-2019, 05:28 AM)Mayu_Zane Wrote: »Hey, here's a question: What's an old inactive adventure on eagle-time that you wish would get a continuation?

First one that comes to mind is Second Sun.
Four. The Shop. Those were the first to come to mind, but I thought I'd dig a bit more.
So The Daydreamer Project is another one; ended before it really had begun.
...And [Genome], I suppose. Victim to ambition outreaching capability; paired with a poor idea of what story I wanted to tell or underlying mechanics therof.
Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.