The thread for flipping shits (and tables)

Hey guys what has gotten you righteously pissed off (or moderately peeved)? post here.

For my opening snowy salvo: It is too goddamn cold in this city; I am wearing three layers and freezing my arse off. The fact I've gotta pay from my own pocket to heat the house up doesn't help my mood up much any either.

Also I missed a few lectures because of the stupid cold and my inability to acclimatise :I but the snow on the pass on the bus ride into town was lovely! So there's some consolation.
Re: The thread for flipping shits (and tables)
ROADWORK.

Actually, they haven't been doing that in a few days, but there's still a torn-up street in front of my house. I'd kind of like to be able to go places by leaving through the front door again.
Insufficient posts on Eagle Time! They make me sad! I DEMAND MORE POSTS IN GENERAL!
I'm going to flip a shit or two about my work schedule here for a minute. Mostly, it's the fact that I have to get up before 6AM and then not get to do anything at all until after 5. I've then got dinner, a few hours for internetting, and then I'm in that sonofabitch period where I can either stay on the computer and get nothing done because it's late and I'm tired or go to sleep like a sensible person. Of course, I invariably choose the former, leaving me running on about four hours of sleep all week for no good reason other than "I'm an idiot when I'm tired and it's like midnight."

Oh, and work. I'm doing that, but aside from a few token bits of scripting here and there, it's been testing software and checking data. It wouldn't be so bad if there was a steady stream of it, mind; I could just queue up an audiobook or some music and pound through that stuff for hours. No, it's the way I have to stop every half-hour or so and go tell someone "I'm done, give me more" that gets to me. I've quite clearly demonstrated that I can work through n entries in m minutes, stop giving me 30n/m entries to work through and hand me something in the triple digits!

It probably says something that the thing I most enjoyed doing (a script to move some documents based on the contents of an HTML file) ended up being not even needed in the first place. It was useless, yeah, but at least it was something related to any skills I have besides eyesight and an ability to click checkboxes.

Also, the whole lack-of-sleep-plus-not-much-time-to-myself thing has made me a mite tetchy, and being tetchy has been annoying, since I see it and keep slipping into it whenever I'm not actively being polite, and I absolutely hate being an asshole, because then someone's being an asshole, which gets on my nerves. So that just keeps feeding on itself until the weekend, when I've been unwinding, staying up until 4 or 5, and waking up at noon or so. You know, getting things done on a normal schedule. Weekends are nice.

So yeah, consider those shits flipped. I'm going to see if I can't get another thing I've been meaning to get done done and also maybe get to sleep six hours before I need to wake up.
Exams.

Oh GOD Exams.

This is Term 3 of the last year of the IB, which means I have large tons of final papers to turn in. Well, not really. But the work I have to put into them to make them workable is horrifying. And I am one with the Great Procrastinator. Mock exams are in approximately 8 weeks (and one real one). The worst part is that I know that it's my fault but GAH, I don't wanna work.
I fucking hate summer.

I hate the heat, in general. I hate the incessant brightness that gives me headaches. I hate all the goddamn insects. I hate the heat, specifically, when it causes me to be unable to sleep unless I lie on the floor and then I wake up with back pain as a result. I hate people telling me it's a beautiful day and to get out of the house when it's bloody atrocious in every aspect out there. I hate feeling vastly unproductive no matter what I do. I hate not having any dead leaves or fresh snow or seeds and flower petals and shit on the ground.

Fuck summer.
"Hey, you know that program you've been working on for the last few days? Turns out I can actually do that with a checkbox on my control panel. Sorry!"

...[Image: Fucktip.png]
I managed to miss a singular required Physics course this year, and it won't be offered again until the year after this one. So my options are independent study, or pay for an extra semester of rent, living expenses, tuition and the like to stay in school for one class.

And the only professor that can give the go-ahead on my Independent Study hates my guts.
SNEEZING IS BULLSHIT FUCK I HATE SNEEZING

ALLERGIES ARE THE STRONGEST ARGUMENT AGAINST INTELLIGENT DESIGN, FOR REAL
FELLOW ALLERGYIST o/

...but seriously. I have practically year-round sneezing and various sinus problems thanks to my allergies. AND I get looked at funny every time I go through an airport quarantine check, dammit. AND it ALWAYS makes me look horrible at the worst of tiiiiiimes!
MY EYE IS TWITCHING AND MY CAR IS SHIT

THESE TWO THINGS ARE TERRIBLE
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/youngcultistgame

This is the blog for my game I'm making for real its happening
I have a massive pimple (well, at least I think it's a pimple) on the inside on my eyesocket, just at the top of the bridge of my nose. It's been there for a couple of days despite me washing furiously every day (I am a very angry hygienist) and now it's started to obscure my vision slightly by pushing my eyelid down over my eye. It's frustrating because I recently had a great job interview and they are having call-backs this week and the next so even though my glasses can cover the pimple, they can't cover the obvious change in shape of my eye. Probably a very minor rant, but nevertheless.
Is observing my own pattern of behavior of observing my own patterns of behavior a mental fractal or just navel gazing? Please advise.
Ok, so. This is Studentville. Everyone who isn't a fresher lives in flats with other peeps; because the freshers start flat-hunting this time of year (early in the second semester) everyone else has to as well. The various landlordbarons of the suburb think this is great, because they can lock chumps like me into a contract that entails paying rent from January 1 to December 31 - despite the fact I moved down late February. But whatever. I like my place. It's got plenty of afternoon sun, on a quiet street close to the supermarket and university, isn't egregiously expensive, and is pretty cheap to keep warm. Only gripe'd be the size of the kitchen (grossly unsuitable for five people) but whatever.

Trouble is, at least three aspiring packs of tenants also seem to like my place. Each and every day. They show up at some screwy-arse times as well and courtesy (and possibly some clause in my flatmates' and my lease agreement) dictates that we let them take a look around the flat and ask any questions. There was one week's reprieve where one of my flatmates was set on securing the place for a second year with a different group - letting us stick a Flat Taken sign up and get a bit of peace and quiet - (A few morons still came asking, but eh. Probably BCom students.) but that plan fell through apparently because of one stick in the mud who found the place too expensive.

The reprieve was probably at the best time, seeing as I had two dude friends staying from out of town and they were doing a thoroughly welcome job of living in the living area. I'm not trying to sound grouchy at them, but considering the several teeth-grindingly annoying recent days of having to apologise to total strangers that my bedroom may be a mess when they ask to see it, it probably worked out for the best.

If we're lucky, someone'll go sign for the flat and we'll get a phone call from the landlords saying we can laminate that damn "Flat Taken 2012" sign and stick it up for good.

Oh yeah and I may be anxious about the fact I haven't found any flatmates for next year either and have no idea how to go about it because damn is "hey do you want to live together next year" an awkward proposition
You can literally not see the sky here. The pollution dims the sun to where you can stare straight at it. We have had pouring rain for four nights in a row, and the haze has not dissipated - if anything it has grown stronger.

I am coming to the conclusion that Beijing is the environmental Mordor.

Only a week and a half more though, and at least my parents are using me being here as an excuse to go and eat at extremely delicious (and consequently expensive) restaurants.

(My dog has an ear infection though :< It's pretty standard really but 'tis still NOT COOL ATMOSPHERE. NOT COOL.)
failed 2 out of 10 papers and got kicked out of uni, depressed as hell and cant get modivated at all, need a job with bills looming and shit im pretty close to becoming a alcoholic. all because of 2 fucking papers that hardly relate to my major at all.
~no longer a bartender but still helping drunks
Airey Wrote:failed 2 out of 10 papers and got kicked out of uni, depressed as hell and cant get modivated at all, need a job with bills looming and shit im pretty close to becoming a alcoholic. all because of 2 fucking papers that hardly relate to my major at all.

._______.

nuuuuuuuu~ that's never the way! We're all here to support you!! Let that be MOTIVASHUN!

(+1 motivashun) :3
I STUBBED MY TOE AND NOW MY TOENAIL IS COMING OFF AND IT'S ALL BLOODY AND I'M FREAKING OUT AUGH
Airey Wrote:failed 2 out of 10 papers and got kicked out of uni, depressed as hell and cant get modivated at all, need a job with bills looming and shit im pretty close to becoming a alcoholic. all because of 2 fucking papers that hardly relate to my major at all.

Just got news from my uni, apparently the dicks are still charging me for the semester that i got kicked out of. fucking joy
~no longer a bartender but still helping drunks
I just learned that I forgot to pack some things and need to buy them, because I can't worm out of it and rentals are already full. I'm not pissed but I am kind of annoyed because I'll need to sink money into getting some things I probably won't use much (sleeping bag and sleeping pad).
College orientation please stop being full of bullshit time-sinks ::c
I HAVE HAD A SPLITTING HEADACHE ALL DAY FOR NO REASON. I WOKE UP AT FIVE IN THE MORNING BECAUSE I COULD NOT SLEEP WITH IT. IT HAS REFUSED TO GO AWAY EVER SINCE, DESPITE APPEARING TO RECEDE TWICE. I DOUBT I WILL BE ABLE TO SLEEP TONIGHT BECAUSE OF IT.
I was playing Left 4 Dead 2 multiplayer a couple of days ago, and I tried a Quick Match on Versus, which just pairs you up with random people. The thing must've hated decided I needed a really bad introduction to Versus, because somehow I got paired up with a bunch of randoms vs. some professional team or some shit. We were getting steamrolled. I mean, we'd walk out of the safehouse and get maybe five feet before half of us were down and had boomer bile all over us.

It didn't go much better when we were playing as the Infected, either. In fact, after one round, where I had failed to hit the Survivors with boomer bile just before they had gotten into the safehouse, one of the other guys on my team started raging at me for it, and as soon as we got to play as the Survivors he picked up a shotgun off the weapon table and shot me until I was incapacitated, then ran out of the room on his own. The fact that he was promptly hit by a Charger was kind of nice, but I still left the game, because, y'know, that wasn't very fun.

@ Airey: I'm so sorry D:
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
WHY DOES EVERY TINYURL I TYPO LEAD TO SHOCK SITES
Meloncholy
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
Quite possibly said my last goodbyes to a relative tonight.

Never managed to get the actual words out.

First time for everything, I suppose.
Schazer Wrote:Quite possibly said my last goodbyes to a relative tonight.

:( Hug?
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
Schazer Wrote:Quite possibly said my last goodbyes to a relative tonight.

Do you want to elaborate? I'll understand if you don't. :(
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]