Argue Wars

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Argue Wars
Argue Wars
You must be registered to view this content.
RE: Argue Wars
Okay. Are you going to provide a name and argument?
Make them argue passionately about something pointless.
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
Debate team takes on Homestuck: Multimedia work of genius, or pointless waste of time?
Death Penalty -
Pro / Against for deontological reasons / Against for utilitarian reasons
[Image: WFQLHMB.gif]
Alchemy -
Fundamentally Against / Limited Alchemy is Acceptable / Infinite Law, Infinite Life
Cloning -
Limited / Legal / Compulsory
If you had to remove one from the sandwich:

Bacon/Lettuce/Tomato
Intelligent alien life is most likely to be -

Plant / Animal / Amoeboid Cluster
Is pizza

A frozen treat / anything except a frozen treat, what is wrong with you / an pointless and violent source of conflict between all us good people
Wheat I think you left out the true third option:

Pizza: Fresh and warm / cold and leftover / frozen treat
Close, it's Maxie's eternal shame that we will never let her forget.
(06-24-2015, 06:05 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »Close, it's Maxie's eternal shame that we will never let her forget.

True story: I somehow managed not to read Schaz's reply before posting that
Honestly, something being a frozen treat just means two things: that it is frozen (duh) and that it provides someone with great pleasure. If one really enjoys frozen pizza, then it clearly meets both requirements and is a frozen treat for that person.
There are no rules against that, and to Maxie pizza is clearly a frozen treat. I'm surprised that ice cream trucks near Maxie carry pizza, though.
I can't believe this slander quite frankly

I was referring to pizza as a METAPHORICAL frozen treat, vis-a-vis cold eating being better than hot eating
(06-24-2015, 03:39 AM)Wheat Wrote: »Pizza: best fresh and warm/ best cold and leftover/ neither, it's overrated. just an open faced tomato and cheese sandwich that people will pay too much for despite its nutritional inadequacy

I just want to counter that last platform with: Pizza is legally a vegetable
okay but i think we're missing a vital piece of evidence in interpreting maxie's statements wholly: namely, it depends on what your definition of "frozen" is. i got this clarification from the horse's mouth (full of frozen pizza) after extensive interrogation:

(abbrev. for clarity) Wrote:<MaxieSatan> chwoka frozen just means it's solid and not liquid or gaseous
<MaxieSatan> all pizza is frozen, technically
[...]
<Chwoka> are all rocks frozen?
<MaxieSatan> yes, yes unless they're magma

so in other words, according to maximum satin's operative definition, unless the pizza is so hot it literally ceases to have form, it is frozen, and a treat.
No, see, that definition of frozen only applies if pizza were to be a liquid. If you consider the sauce/cheese to be a part of the equation, then it only applies when they have solidified (and not simply congealed into a slow moving liquid), which is the classically understood state of freezing - what we all imagine when someone says "frozen pizza." If you require the whole pizza to comply, then this definition of frozen can't apply because pizza is never wholly liquid. The dough will sublimate rather than melt unless you manage to apply a crapload of pressure. You can test this by burning a whole pizza (and I mean REALLY burning it), as you will see the cheese and sauce melt, but the crust never will.
why would you burn a whole pizza instead of just a slice
(06-25-2015, 05:20 AM)Wheat Wrote: »
(06-25-2015, 03:39 AM)Schazer Wrote: »
(06-24-2015, 03:39 AM)Wheat Wrote: »Pizza: best fresh and warm/ best cold and leftover/ neither, it's overrated. just an open faced tomato and cheese sandwich that people will pay too much for despite its nutritional inadequacy

I just want to counter that last platform with: Pizza is legally a vegetable

legality does not equate to ethicality

I don't want to seriously argue this (because I agree with you) but I would sarcasti-seriously rather argue about this if the alternative was pizza arguments
Dude, you brought up the pizza argument this time. I know you enjoy it.