This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff

This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff
RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff
Actually, it struck me just now that Tumblr is taking some degree of our creative content, too. I had an idea for a silly story I was thinking of writing up today, and then I realized I was thinking of posting it over there instead of in the thread I made for silly stories here.

And that's not the only example; Plaid posts about papercrafting all the time on her blog, Schazer posts pixel stuff on hers, and quite a few people have artblogs specifically, but those things often don't make it over here. Several people, myself included, made a whole big thing of skeleton puns for offbeat-classes, and nothing was said about it on this forum.

Obviously, there are reasons for why we post these things on Tumblr, and it would be inconvenient to cross-post everything artistic over here. But maybe we should think about doing it more often.
I personally feel kind of self absorbed posting my stuff here a lot of the time. Occasionally is fine, but regularly?

I guess the difference is that my blog feels like my own space that people come to/follow to see my work, whereas posting it here feels like i'm running around shoving it in people's faces. :v
[Image: WEdy1pW.png] [Image: cyTsdj6.png]
[Image: 30058_799389.png]
Yeah, I can understand that. I just think that, if you look at the low activity here, it's worth asking if we could be reposting that stuff here more often than we do.

Take those one-month art challenges, for instance. Maybe it would feel excessive reposting stuff here every day, but what if there's a thread for the challenge here and you post a week's worth of pictures at a time? Or at whatever pace you're personally comfortable with. Maybe you just make one big post with everything behind a spoiler tag when the month's over.

Also, I'd guess the "shoving it in people's faces" feeling might not be as strong if more people are doing it at the same time.

These are just some thoughts I had, though. I'm not going to demand that anybody post here more, it just struck me as something worth considering.
Personally I'd like more tabletop games, etc. This seems to be a very good format for playing those kinds of games, and is probably my favorite thing about this place, aside from the GBs and the mafias. Both of which are also in the games forum. So... I guess things happening there would be nice but at the same time theres been a lot of games simply dropping off the face of this place even with the whole "2014 year of the reboot" thing. I mean, it seems like those are also affected by the strange lack of activity here.

Also, I'm not a huge fan of the IRC only thing, as I often don't really have the time to go on IRC so I feel like I'm missing a lot. The IRC highlights thread is nice for funny stuff, but I feel like it wouldn't hurt to repost some important stuff as well, like if you ever discuss forum happenings there. I like the forum format though because you can check in at any time, and also read back through your dumb conversations and be like "haha what was i thinking".
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
Yeah i like IRC but i don't have the attention span to stay there all day, besides, most of the times i get in the chat is silent. With the forum format i can just check every once in a while and post a thing or two; obviously i won't ask people to adjust to my selfish needs. I was just curious about it.

I never saw the forum as just a platform for creative output, although it partially is/was, i also saw it as a place to have random but meaningful conversations. My first guess as to why the activity decreased was that we've known each other for a long time and don't have much to talk about anymore maybe, or we don't have time.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
I just write...
Yeah i guess that's why i felt like i wasn't really part of an online community anymore.

Meloncholy
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
i feel ya wheat.

IDK I never super got into the whole forum side of this for some reason. I'm not entirely sure why. Probably because i still hang around on the MSPA forums quite a lot. I stay in the eagletime IRC if only cos its a good way to stay in touch with cool peeps but a lot of the time i just sorta idle in there and talk about stuff on skype or tumblr.
most of what i do here is over in the games forum anyway. Shruuuuug.
I just showed up here today and there was tons of new stuff. What are you people talking about?
All you have to do is not log in for two or three weeks, and boom!
oh my god I wrote way too much on this wizardjail synopsis and I still have 3 sessions to go
Recently got a refurbished Macbook Air for mah burfdai, decided what the hell, I'll update to Mac OS X Yosemite.

This was a mistake, and probably one that's going to (finally) swear me off OS X; the primary constituent in this decision lay in Yosemite's nasty propensity to phone home at every opportunity with information that is one level above what I'm comfortable with (spotlight searches = the entire internal file structure of your hard drives and their contents, apparently).

[cues people going on about how one gives away even more personal information in other contexts, etc. etc.]

It's a pity. I really liked Spaces.
awh :<
I think Agen's more dissatisfied with the default invasion of privacy Apple's decided to implement/doesn't want to support it? Which is perf. understandable.

If it's just the spotlight searches you can turn at least the most egregious phone home stuff off.
Yeah, I've gone and done that, but it's pretty clear there's a lot more stuff going on under the hood that I'm really not willing to risk. It's just upsetting because for years I've been a champion (or at least a proponent) for OS X because of its better workflow (read: Spaces and Exposé/Mission Control) despite its trying really hard and failing to integrate with iOS, a coupling closely related to a jetliner trying to pull an iceberg with a rope comprised of duct tape and chewing gum. Options are getting a little limited, and I have no clue how to get started with Linux. Really got to build one of them boxes.

In a similar vein, I'm having a nightmare trying to install a copy of Windows 8.1 in 64-bit as opposed to the 32-bit it's currently in. The architecture supports a 64-bit system, but for some reason it simply refuses to recognize the Windows 8.1 DVD (purchased at considerable expense) for recovery, and attempting to boot the DVD from the BIOS results in an... orange-stripey crash.

[Image: %3B%E2%88%86%3B.gif] I may be cursed
[Image: blue-footed-booby_473_600x450.jpg]

sideboob
No wait I found an even better-named one

[Image: 220px-Anairetes_agilis.jpg]

The agile tit-tyrant
On a plane
Off a plane
On a train
I did wonder why you were sending airport photos so early.
On another plane
Make sure you're wearing warm weather clothes, it's pretty hot here!
I didn't realize international travel was so complex these days that you had to go to a whole new plane of existence.
That joke was pretty plain. You could have done better.

SpoilerShow
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
*pretty plane

*yes that is the joke
I don't know, I thought it was a pretty fly joke.
best not complain 'ere ye be complain'ed upon yerself, apparently