Murder By The Book - Ender's Game

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder By The Book - Ender's Game
RE: Murder By The Book - Night 9: I Have No Corporeal Body and I Must Scream
And if I counted right, its a straight town win, with 3p one shy of their win con.
in all seriousness that game was fun as hell. the endgame was so complicated that i forgot who was who even after i read everybody's roles in deadchat.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
That endgame was a fucking shambles and I am rightly ashamed of myself. (I say, laughing)
yeeeeah holy crap. O_o
Pala, you made everyone of us in deadchat want to rip our hair our with that last run of flail lol
Kinda wish I wasn't going on vacation next week or I'd sign up for the next one
Additional notes:
-As Pala noted, the guinea pig's squeaks on Day 8 spelled out "some secrets are hidden always" in Morse code.
This was not the final message, however.
SpoilerShow
I was worried I was being too obvious, fortunately it seems no one noticed.
-The cops showed up in the Day 9 event because I'd forgotten to do anything with them after Akumu's second calculation and also I wasn't sure what else to do with the rival publishing company.
[quiet ghost sobbing]
why so sad?
I flipped a coin and it said to pick Sotek, but I shot Schazer anyways because I thought her claim of self-targeting was a bluff. ah well

also the funniest part of endgame to me was Pala's posts about the setup being "too ridiculous" being completely saturated with scum bitterness. I honestly thought someone would realize, they were just...dripping with resentment

the game was still really fun though...you guys were wild to battle it out into endgame with. also pala's a great endgame scumbud.
seriously though fogel please never make balance dependent on town's witticisms ever again
RE: Murder By The Book - Ender's Game
God, yeah, Pala I think I told you this earlier but you are truly exemplary at playing the exposed bad guy as a character (as well as mechanically).

I'm also going to call out Coldblooded for breaking rule2 and outing Seedy as Pala's scumbuddy in a group discussion after the D9 lynch (hence my post in loverchat and completely deferring the nightaction decision to Sotek). I mean it worked out in the end and the game ended because of how the night actions went down, but that would've made for a shitty D10 for somebody.

Just because things worked out for the best doesn't mean letting stuff like that slip is ok!
wait, where did that happen?
Yes, I fucked up because I'm apparently a huge idiot who can't think before letting words fly out of his dumb mouth. Apologies to everyone, but especially Schazer, Seedy, and Pala, for almost ruining the endgame there. Sorry to Para and Fogel as well.

Thankfully it didn't effect the outcome at all, but it very easily could have if Schazer had survived the night. I didn't mention it earlier because I had hoped that Schazer didn't hear me, but I guess she did. I fucked up and I'm sorry.

(Schazer,does this mean that you aren't accepting my apology, or did you just not see it in Skype yet?) :(
So. How much did the pies really come back to haunt you Fogel?
Just got onto Skype now, Coldblooded, but I'll reiterate that you're totally forgiven, seeing as this stuff is never intentional (and honestly something like that was bound to happen in that kind of environment anyway). I never should have been in a Skype call with people in deadchat if the topic of discussion was going to be the game. (I mean, in that vein I shouldn't have spent the weekend hanging out with someone who had deadchat access, but it's not like Deens and I could've rescheduled for after the game ended).

It did mean I had to fervently pray for game-end on N9 to prevent unpleasantness come a hypothetical D10 where I couldn't participate, but seeing as that didn't happen I have no real reason to be annoyed.

I'm mostly making the callout to prevent the next leak in whatever game, unintentional or not, that might give someone cause to be properly cheesed off. Mistakes happen, but if we don't point out those mistakes, we can't be rightly surprised if they keep happening.
I never want to think about this ever again.

regredit: I'm sorry I fucked everything over so badly.
Dammit seedy you were supposed to wine them out and shoot akumu! They probably woulda gone after tehpilot after your bus on pala (barring dpaul slips) and then the final night woulda been a scum v lovers ultimate winedown!
I would've loved scum vs lovers final day; if we'd managed to all keep our pants on that'd be the most perfect time to reveal.

Doubly so if Pala had gotten fucked over by our redirecting and didn't realise I was the lover until I was the last non-Sotek alive on the final day. Sadly those numbers didn't work out :<
Excellent game all around, cheers for the ghost rollercoaster you sent me on.
you redirecting jerks WE WERE SO CLOSE
We're the lovers everyone loves to hate
Everything went over my head this game. Either way, I still got to pull off that DARING ESCAPE I always wanted to do in the end.

Great game in the end, however. Got me back into the mafia circuit once more.
[Image: c48AoKl.png?1]
I make game: site | itch
It was an excellent game. I'm glad I got the chance to play it. I was a bit overzealous at the beginning and we probably shouldn't have shot Slorange the night I got pie'd. Oh well. Good first game for me.
people say "Sotek, how could you possibly believe Pala?" to which I say "was his claim actually weirder than: redirector lovers, pregame partner selection that muddles the setup, AN INVENTOR, a goofy conditional janitor, or that 'traitor' I *still* can't comprehend the wincon of?"

like, once there's an inventor, all claims that your setup is any form of 'tame' are moot and void.
Yes. Yes by a factor of like ten. And more ridiculous too.