Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs+Changelog

Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs+Changelog
Re: Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs
I guess I am being nitpicky when I claim it's absent from a sentence, as partidge capitalized with a period in front of it doesn't technically qualify. But yes I agree one of those things would also be a viable solution.

Who knew partridges could cause so much trouble!
The answer is pear trees.
I just wanted a pair of turtle-doves, but nope. Pines insisted.

Jokes aside yeah we reckoned moving it into the bit you actually read isn't that big an ask.

I just survived my GENE222 final, but Pinary's got fixing up a few bits and pieces round here on his to-do list, which'll include tweaking those T's+C's so registering's marginally less of a Federal Fucking Issue.
So I had a minor issue with Daylight Savings Time, in that the forum had me an hour into the future and I had to manually go into settings and change that one.

Not sure if something can be done about this feasibly, but I guess I'm noting it in case it can?

It's either that or my computer clock isn't changing and I hadn't noticed until right now.
Hello! Pinary and I have sort of been too hells-to-the-busy to figure out fixin's for the forum (although I think I am going to learn how to put emotes on here so Pines doesn't have to do that kind of stuff?), but in the interim (with Slorange's help) we now have an IRC channel on Esper!

#eagletime is the joint; Esper is the suburb it's stationed in (if that's a valid metaphor). Pinary and I are the current suite of OPs, in the event we're getting inundated with bots while the two of us are sleeping/working then we'll add a few more people.

Forum rules still apply there, all of which basically equate to "Don't get Schazer cranky".

And I swear to god when I manage to talk to Pinary for what feels like the first time in a distressingly decent while, I'll learn how to use FTP or whatever it was so I can get some more emotes up ins on the forum.

Love and footsies,

Schazer
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow

Make sure to give mega-props to Noodly! She was the one who took the initiative to create the much needed #eagletime (while everyone else was just talking about it), and then handed it over to SO who made it all official and such.

[private matters]

So what exactly is the story of this place? This question doesn't really go here but it's on my mind so I'll ask it anyway. Who officially "owns" the eagle time domain? And who took the initiative to make the forum?
Dude what the hell, i hope you're being sarcastic because damn those are some unnecessarily arrogant responses.

The story of eagle time as far as i know: Schazer wanted to do a forum, Pinary did it and then we all got in here and i guess that's it? It is called eagle time because Wheeeeeeathins suggested a title for a forum adventure "WOOP ZOOP IT'S EAGLE TIME" and Schazer did it and then we all read it there and i guess that's it?
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
Pinary owns the domain, and did the actual cobbling-together of the forum itself after I kept waffling over wanting our own space but my personally lacking the expertise to do so. So I guess it was like a Julysmas present? I suppose it's more like a pet, seeing as it's conceivably going to have upkeep costs in the future, except it's more like a pet you live inside so either a giant snail or not a pet at all?

From my understanding, he's since given me founder-level access to the guts of the forum (so if we were going to have a custody battle over it it would come down to a quick-draw? I'unno, we should ask him about that), and entrusted me with access to all the folders full of stuff that makes Eagle Time what it is and how it looks (for the purposes of my adding more emotes).

Basically, if it wasn't for Pinary, I probably would've combusted in a destructive screaming one-bitch riot on the MSPA Forums out of frustrated impotence with my mod-position there several months ago. He is a gentleman and one of my finest fuckin' bros for the work he's put into this site.
Yay! New banner, and we are now FESTIVE Eagle Time! I approve.
I have some suggestions maybe for a later date or maybe now we'll see? Another forum I'm on that also uses phpbb has a handy script that automatically resizes pictures to not stretch out the page. You could click on them to get a full size, but otherwise it left the threads quite a bit tidier and neatly organised. If you could implement that, that'd be very nice!

Another question I have is with the color tags. I know it didn't work like that on MSPA either, but could it be possible to have
Code:
[color=#800000]Arkal looked at Jennifer, who shouted [color=#00BF00]fuck you[/color]. He shrugged.[/color]
Result in
Quote:Arkal looked at Jennifer, who shouted fuck you. He shrugged.

A third thing that kind of irks me is how previewing a post gives you a wider area than the actual post itself. Having a penchant for ASCII art myself I know that this can screw up many a masterpiece, as well as (but I haven't checked if this is the case) cause some fuckups regarding signature previews. Like, I could have a sig that in preview fits nicely on the screen, but in an actualy post chops off just two words to place on a new line.

More to come? I dunno, I'm having rather fun pushing eagletime to the edge.
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
Part deux:
I noticed that nowhere on the site in any place it says exactly as who you're logged in. Maybe a neat little "Welcome, [USERNAME]" wouldn't be amiss? In a similar lien, there is no real quick way to go from editing your profile, all the way dug snugly into Settings -> Profile -> Edit what you want to actually VIEWING what your profile looks like to other people. In fact, your own profile is dug pretty deep on its own, but elsewhere entirely, so maybe if you incorporate my [USERNAME] idea, maybe have that link to your profile? Maybe place a second like after the "Your Profile has been updated, return to the UCP" line saying "View your changes" as well.

Just a little thing, but the Confirm changes section under "Edit account settings" in the UCP says that you can alter your username, which I don't think you can? Not that big a fan of how "Private Messages" immediately goes to "Compose Message," I think Inbox would be more fitting. The Usergroups section seems to be pretty much useful for admins only, so I don't see why it's on there either.
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
Current irks:

- Clicking Settings doesn't lead directly to subscriptions like on the MSPAF.
- If you are watching a thread there is an email notification sent to you every time someone posts in it. I have not found a way to disable this.
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
okay, I am not sure, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there is a way to link to a particular thread when viewing a thread.
This is suck nitpick, as there isn't a big difference between linking the thread and linking the first post of the thread, so fixing this would really only save a few precious seconds so ignore if it isn't solvable very easily.

EDIT: On that note, it seems that there is no way to go directly from the "Post a Reply" page back to the thread you wanted to post a reply on.
Solaris Wrote:okay, I am not sure, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there is a way to link to a particular thread when viewing a thread.
This is suck nitpick, as there isn't a big difference between linking the thread and linking the first post of the thread, so fixing this would really only save a few precious seconds so ignore if it isn't solvable very easily.

https://eagle-time.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6
https://eagle-time.org/viewtopic.php?p=11#p11
No what I meant was that there isn't a hyperlink to those things I said.
Like how the little paper things on the corners of our posts link to that specific post, there isn't one inside the thread you are viewing that links to the entire tread, and the same goes for when you are replying to a thread.
Because... why would you need that when you can just copy the url directly from the address bar if you need it?
It is a nitpick for a reason!
-Reply URL's are different than regular ones
-If I visited a page via a specific post, then I can't get the thread link easily.
Personally, I think the main time it would be useful is in replying to a thread; on occasion, you start making a post, then you find you want to go back and check further back than the 25 posts below the reply box. Having a direct link to the thread makes that a bit more convenient, since you can just open it in a new tab.

Still a minor thing even then, though.
I know in phpBB3 there's an option to allow a user to check all new posts since they last checked (i.e. all unread posts in topics) - it'd make slow loading times much easier to handle! I think it's just a matter of enabling an already built in option as far as I know, so it shouldn't be too hard to do...anyways, just one for the list. :P
SpoilerShow

;-;
Yeah, is an MSPAF style subscription option possible?
I am sort of glad I only subscribed to one topic before noticing it was going to do that

I can understand if it's not and it's probably not a huge problem, I've gone years without needing one and MSPAF is still the only forum I visit that has it, but you're probably aware that it is a fairly huge time saver
There's a "bookmarks" section, I think that's essentially the same as a subscription page except it doesn't e-mail you.

I'm not completely sure, though, because I haven't used either yet.
So apparently there is currently a festive theme up but I can't see it because I guess my brower cache? I wouldn't have known if my iphone did not happily inform me!

That is probably a problem that maybe other people are having too - though I'm not sure you can force a browser to update the banner image. Maybe we should have a collection of the altered banners for posterity?
[Image: 129e1f5cea8dc6ef583e14511987e8a4.png]
This is what you are missing

I bet you are jealous
RE: Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs
I think the move to the new system has made it impossible to remove polls? I might be wrong though.
RE: Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs
Minor bug- posts total is made out to be the replies which makes an extra page one post early.