WHO ARE THE REAL MONSTERS?!?!?!??!? MAFIA N5: nothing happened

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHO ARE THE REAL MONSTERS?!?!?!??!? MAFIA N5: nothing happened
Re: WHO ARE THE REAL MONSTERS?!?!?!??!? MAFIA D2: ONE DEATH??? IMPOSSIBLE
Originally posted on MSPA by A Killer Cuppa Tea.

Prolly better to lynch me than pilot. I'm essentially vanilla (or, well, caramel) to the point of uselessness. And I don't think I can scum hunt very well in this environment.
Originally posted on MSPA by Agent1022.

All right. Since this is probably the last time I can get something in before I sleep through the last hours of dayend,

Vote: A Killer Cuppa Tea.

I know I've been a bit tetchy on the whole Tea issue for a bit today: but first there was new information, and then there was Tea's defense, and then there's now, which is the point where my patience has worn pretty thin and I'm starting to think maybe I've overanalyzed the whole thing, jumping at shadows and snatching at scraps. Para raises a good point; without the threat of lynching Tea has no incentive to speak up.

Now let's find out of Tea lives up to his name...

[Image: AKillerCuppaTea%20Colored.png]
remember this, tea
i drew this for you
defend yourself

oh

okay

no defense?

uh

okay
Originally posted on MSPA by MalkyTop.

HUMAN MISTAKES ARE WHY I WOULD RATHER USE THE BOT THAN MYSELF

A Killer Cuppa Tea (7) - Solaris, crepiscularDissembler, Palamedes, absoluteCertainty, Schazer, Paranoia, Agent1022
Solaris (4) - A Killer Cuppa Tea, TehPilot, konec0, Luneix
Boogeyman (1) - curiousCat

Abstaining (5) - Boogeyman, Mirdini, Namboto, cuttlefishCuller, Ixcalibur

I forget who Luneix was actually voting for so I made a guess. Day ends today at 5 PM EST, which is in about five hours and a half and shit. It takes 10 to hammer and 6 to soft lynch. I'm gonna go ahead and say taht you can use nicknames for votes, as long as everybody uses the same goddamn nickname so that the bot doesn't separate them into two votes, but goddammit Paranoia stop making the bot cry.

malky para just suffered a systems failure

you're being humanist

wait tea you used that 'if i'm not good st scumhunting then just kill me excuse' for MV! you said that if mv was no good at scumhunt then kill him

but that would imply you were town if you said that you should be lynched because bad at scumhunting

but you WOULD say that if you were scum and you wanted sympathy unvote!

so as a defense tea that's

not impressive

It's not really much of a defence. Wanna know why? Cos how I usually defend myself (which I am usually pretty good at), I point at someone (usually on my wagon) who I think looks weird and say "look at this guy! He's weird!" I set about trying to do that, but I realised that, well, I can't point at anyone and say they're being scummy. There's people being silly and people being absent but... I mean look at my wagon up there. I have a town read on everyone except Schazer, who hasn't actually been here, and Solaris who my vote is on but... Has done absolutely nothing. I'm pretty sure he's scum, but how the hell do I lynch him? "Look at him, he's being silly!"?

Don't get me wrong, I expected (welcomed even!) silliness, but I also expected to be playing mafia. Which... Doesn't seem to be the game we're playing here, precisely. (Not to say it isn't fun).

At this point, the only thing I can really do is push for a speedlynch on a lurker. Part of this is my fault - I've been away from the forum for some reason or another for the last few days, and have had far too little time to make anywhere near my usual amount of posts. Am I really gonna get 5 other people to jump onto, essentially, a null wagon with me? Perhaps I could if I could spend the next few hours doing nothing but that (hey, I've done it before), but the unfortunate fact is that I don't actually have the time. As far as power roles go, I'm not a huge loss to town. As a matter of fact I think that my lynch would be informative for town one way or the other. Imagine I'm mod-confirmed as town for one reason or another. This means:

1) Solaris looks weird
2) Pilot is townfirmed
3) Seedy looks slightly better
4) Para looks town
5) Namboto looks slightly worse for being the alternative wagon that never happened

And that's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there's prolly more "connections" with me, as it were, I've been a rather controversial figure this game. This is why I'm not really all that upset about being lynched. I'd much prefer to have had the actual time to put up a fight, but alas, 'twas not to be.

Finally, of course I remember that picture. It's on my browser's favourites, in my Pictures folder AND on my pen drive!

I am punishing you all bu syubjecting all of you to bot things.

Quote:(This has some technical details. Tl;dr at bottom.)

Para's vote is almost correct. Here's the process I'm using to find votes:
1. Use the regular expression "<b>(.*?)</b>" to extract bold text.
2. For each bold text, use the regular expression "[Vv][Oo][Tt][Ee].*?(\w[ \w]+)" to extract possible votes.

What this means is, any time you make some bold text, the bot will grab it and look at it later. That's step 1. Then, it will look through the list of all the bolded text it found. It will look for text that matches the following structure:
1. "Vote", "vote", "vOtE", etc. somewhere in the text.
2. Any quantity of stuff after that, possibly nothing. In most cases this will be ": ", ":", " ", etc.
3. A series of letters, numbers, or spaces, starting with a letter or number (so not <, [, etc.). This should be a username, and is what will be extracted as the vote.

In step 2, the bot is non-greedy or minimal; it tries to fulfill this requirement with as few characters as possible. In step 3, the bot is greedy, and tries to grab as many characters as possible. The net result is:
1. Look for "vote".
2. Skip all weird characters (including spaces, colons, and so on).
3. Grab all letters/numbers until you see a weird character.

So in the case of, for example, the vote terminate Terminate(vOtE) : A Killer Cup of Tea will find "vOtE", then skip ") : " while trying to find a letter/number. Once it finds "A", it will keep going until it stops at the </B> tag because < isn't an alphabet/number/space character, and the vote will be recorded for A Killer Cup of Tea. On the other hand, VOTE(terminate) : A Killer Cup of Tea will not work, because it will think you are voting for "terminate".

So this should capture Para's voting style. The one catch, though, is that he didn't bold his vote. So he just needs to do that.

tl;dr Para just needs to maintain his current voting style, bold his votes and everything will be fine
NOW YOU KNOW THINGS YOU NEVER REALLY WANTED TO KNOW. hahahahahahaaa. PSA: VOTE RIGHT.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND BOTS.
Originally posted on MSPA by Solaris.

NEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Solaris that doesn't work on me because iw asn't actually the one who wrote that.

Solaris you are a horrible bully yor work ethics are all outta wack.

Solaris I think I'm going to have to fire you. Kick you out of the bully administrations. Give me your bully Identifications.
Originally posted on MSPA by Ixcalibur.

It seems pretty clear to me that the use of this so called bot is just a way to bring an added level of chaos and confusion into this game. And frankly I don't appreciate it. How am I supposed to effectively scumhunt when I have to jump through near-endless hoops in order to satisfy the whims of what may or may not be an unthinking machine?

Vote:Votebot
Originally posted on MSPA by konec0.

There's a lot more silly than scumhunt in this game, yeah. At this rate town has 0% chance of winning??

Sticking with Solarisvote. Don't think Tea is scum. Looks like that's the way the hammer's going to fall tho.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

[Image: mh2Ll.png]
Originally posted on MSPA by curiousCat.

Vote: IxCalibur
Originally posted on MSPA by Boogeyman5870.

Alright with that stuff I really don't feel like lynching Tea. That means Pilot is out too.

Vote: Solaris

Solaris' behavior as noted is weird and almost definitely not town. However their logic in 544 is pretty unassailable. I don't think scum would act like this. A 3p is a definite possibility though. I'm not sure I'm on board with the lyncher theory, but it doesn't matter. Any type of 3p is a potential threat. At the very least a flip will help us get an understanding of just what Ix and Solaris are doing.
Originally posted on MSPA by Namboto.

@Seedy:

My read on Solaris is one mostly of confusion. With Shaz's near admission of being a third party, I'm a little bit more likely to think that solaris is in a similar position. Perhaps he's a lyncher and tea is his target? Perhaps he's just goofing because? Either way, he's really not helping town all that much because he's just driving down on one person and not doing any hunting besides.

Tea still doesn't really look right to me, and my opinion changes depending on Solaris

Assuming Scumlaris (again, when I spam a bunch of question marks it's not just me being silly, it's a representation of legitimate confusion and some gut feeling; I don't really know about solaris too much, but I don't feel he's helping town): Tea is likely town

Assuming Townlaris: Tea might be scum or solaris could just be being silly

assuming thirdpartysol: Tea could go either way, but probably ties into solaris's role.

As for why I think Anac is scummy, I'm confused with his millerclaim and his little spat with mV early D1 and haven't seen him doing too much either, and that's basically the best evidence I have to go on.

Vote: Anacreon

^Last minute half-hearted jump on a random target to avoid being seen on a town lynch so he can say "i told you so!" later.

TWENTY MINUTES UNTIL DAY END VOTALS

A Killer Cuppa Tea (7) - Solaris, crepiscularDissembler, Palamedes, absoluteCertainty, Schazer, Paranoia, Agent1022
Solaris (5) - A Killer Cuppa Tea, TehPilot, konec0, Luneix, Boogeyman
Ixcalibur (1) - curiousCat
Votebot (1) - Ixcalibur
Anacreon (1) - Namboto

Abstaining (2) - Mirdini, cuttlefishCuller

Cat, Namboto! We only have like an hour left. Have you considered putting your votes in a place that may actually be helpful?

EBWOP: I missed Malky's last votals. We have three minutes left. So.... see you all in the morning I guess.
Originally posted on MSPA by absoluteCertainty.

vote solaris

im bored lets wreck shit
[Image: tumblr_mk1k02xkyr1qfnp4zo4_250.gif][Image: tumblr_mk1k02xkyr1qfnp4zo4_250.gif][Image: tumblr_mk1k02xkyr1qfnp4zo4_250.gif][Image: tumblr_mk1k02xkyr1qfnp4zo4_250.gif][Image: tumblr_mk1k02xkyr1qfnp4zo4_250.gif][Image: tumblr_mk1k02xkyr1qfnp4zo4_250.gif]
Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

Day has ended, and it seems we have a soft-lynch tie.

Please stand by for further instructions.

Originally posted on MSPA by Paranoia.

absoluteCertainty Wrote:vote solaris

im bored lets wreck shit
<span style="font-family: system">Someone shoot this biological life form tonight.</span>

IT HAS BEEN DECIDED THAT THE TIE WILL BE BROKEN BY A

XIAOLIN SHOWDOWN

Except...not eactly a xiaolin showdown...i'ts really more like...find-a-weapon-and-then-fight showdown because you're not fighting over a shen gong wu or anything...BUT WHATEVER.

Solaris and Tea will each choose a place to search on this handy dandy map that Kerfuffle has for some reason:

[Image: 2el86m1.png]

Each place will have a Shen Gong Wu hidden there! They are either entirely useless in a fighting environment or really useful. Then they will FIGHT and the winner will NOT BE LYNCHED.

The loser will be lynched.

SOLARIS AND TEA, CHOOSE A PLACE TO SEARCH.