Pete the Peasant's Alphabet Funtime

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pete the Peasant's Alphabet Funtime
RE: Pete the Peasant's Alphabet Funtime
Even if you aren't able to take that sword, surely you can take the Blade and the Hilt, at least.

Perhaps another prisoner has an escape plan? You could try Asking a Cutpurse or Bandit for help. After checking the knights for Keys to the cells, of course!
K is for Kite!
K is for KITCHEN
Seek asylum there!
~◕ w◕~
just do it already Wrote:2016 YEAR OF THE
AgentBlue Wrote:2015 YEAR OF THE
MaxieSatan Wrote:2014 YEAR OF THE REBOOT
2014 YEAR OF THE REBOOT
2014 YEAR OF THE REBOOT
REBOOT
REBOOT
(12-02-2013, 01:28 AM)MaxieSatan Wrote: »Even if you aren't able to take that sword, surely you can take the Blade and the Hilt, at least.

Sorry, I suppose I wasn't clear. I can take the sword, but I can't actually use it. It's just like the turnip.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure how I got that back. I didn't have it when I came here, but now I've got it again. Maybe I got it back when I summoned the dagger?

(12-02-2013, 01:28 AM)MaxieSatan Wrote: »Perhaps another prisoner has an escape plan? You could try Asking a Cutpurse or Bandit for help. After checking the knights for Keys to the cells, of course!

Oh! Keys! Yes, I think I want those. Let me just check this unconscious knight... there we go!

Other prisoners, though... well, there's Jack the Jailer. He might be appreciative if I let him out, so I'll do that.

"You got my keys back? How'd you manage that?"

It's a long story. Um, do you have any ideas for how I can get out of here? I've still got this mission for the king...

(12-03-2013, 10:22 PM)Whimbrel Wrote: »K is for KITCHEN
Seek asylum there!

"I'll lead you to the kitchen. Carl the Chef is good at keeping the Inquisitor's men out, generally by yelling a lot if they show up."

Oh, that sounds good. Lead the way.

"Here we are. Now, I'll be fine here, I should be able to wait things out until the Inquisitor gives up on finding me. But I suppose if you've got a quest, you can't just stay in the kitchen forever."

Well, no, probably not. And the King probably won't be happy if a peasant touches his food.

So where should I look for more letters? And how am I going to get out of the castle?
You're going to need to find someplace with a lot of books, there'll be letters in them for certain!

Someplace in the castle with many, many books... like a Library...
L is for lying
L is for Loo. A suprsing british bathroom
(05-15-2016, 03:50 PM)AgentBlue Wrote: »You're going to need to find someplace with a lot of books, there'll be letters in them for certain!

Someplace in the castle with many, many books... like a Library...

"Letters, you say?"

Oh! I'm sorry, Jack, I wasn't asking you that specifically.

"Oh, well, it's no big deal, I just wanted to offer you some help. Lawrence the Librarian's always talking about letters. Seems there's a whole bunch of them in his books. Though, I should warn you - the Inquisitor doesn't like him much, something about how he has books that aren't the Bible, and also about how only the priests should be reading. But if you want letters, he's the man to ask. Probably got lots of them."

Well, that sounds like a wonderful idea! How do I get to the library?

"Ah, that's a problem. It's on the other side of the castle from here. Which means you'll have to do it without being spotted by the Inquisitor or his men. I don't think I can help you with that part, though."

Well. That does sound like a problem. How should I deal with it?
Mass Murder
You'll need to go there via the Keep!
(05-25-2016, 06:17 AM)Crowstone Wrote: »Mass Murder

I don't know what letter that starts with! It sounds very unpleasant, anyhow.

"Well, I should think so! I won't harbor murderers in my kitchen!"

Oh, it seems Carl the Chef has arrived. Er, do you know a good way to get to the library without being spotted?

(05-25-2016, 12:52 PM)AgentBlue Wrote: »You'll need to go there via the Keep!

"Well... there's the old keep. You know, the one that used to be the main castle but then the seventeenth King Turnip decided he wanted it to be closer to the gardens... anyhow, the point is, it's abandoned, which means no guards. But it also means unsafe floors and the like, maybe even some old traps. There are still some passageways into it from when the new castle was first built; one's not far from here, and another near the library."

Thank you, Carl! That should be a big help. Where's the passage, exactly?

"Down the hall. I'd suggest you wait for me to chase off the guards, then make a run for it."

"Hey! Can we get some food? And have you seen any prisoners?"

Ah. Those guards, then?

"Yes. One moment. Hey! Get out of my kitchen! I've got important cooking to do!"

"Dammit, Gregory, I thought you said Carl wouldn't be here!"

"I thought he wasn't, George..."

Wow. Carl is quite, er, persuasive. I feel as though I should leave!

"Well, I do appreciate not having too many people in my kitchen. Anyhow, just pull the candlestick at the end of the hall there, and that'll open a path to the keep."

Pull...? I'm sorry, I don't have that letter yet.

"I don't know what yer yappin' about, but I'll take care of it for you."

That's Jack the Jailer talking. Thank you!

"Yeah, yeah. Just follow me, and be quick, before the guards come back."

Well, thanks to Carl and Jack, I'm in the Keep now. But which way do I go from here?
Descend down a ladder!
Well, you don't know how to go North, South, or West, so you'll just have to go East.
(06-17-2016, 01:20 AM)AgentBlue Wrote: »Well, you don't know how to go North, South, or West, so you'll just have to go East.

I don't know what any of those directions are! I've just been going from place to place without thinking about it. Still, east is as good a direction as any, if I actually knew which way it was...

(06-16-2016, 02:38 PM)btp Wrote: »Descend down a ladder!

Oh, maybe it's the way down this ladder. I'll just climb down and...

CRASH!

Ow. That ladder was not very well maintained. Oof. Now how on earth am I supposed to get to the library?

"BEGONE!"

What? Who said that?

"BEGONE, MORTAL! THIS IS OUR DOMAIN!"

Um. I can't actually see who's talking.

Oh. Now I can. Um. That's an awful lot of ghosts.

"BEGONE!"

Well, I can't go back, the ladder broke... really, I would love to get out of here, we can agree there, but I'd prefer the exit that takes me to the library...

"BEGONE!"

Well. These ghosts don't seem to be listening to me. And I've got no idea how to get to the library from here. What should I do?
Jump
Apease them with a Convincing Argument and Befriend them with Casual Charm

If it fails, time for an Exorcism (a Chant to Banish Ghosts)
(08-22-2016, 03:46 PM)smuchmuch Wrote: »Apease them with a Convincing Argument and Befriend them with Casual Charm

If it fails, time for an Exorcism (a Chant to Banish Ghosts)

This is good! Exercise those ghosts!
(08-22-2016, 03:46 PM)smuchmuch Wrote: »Apease them with a Convincing Argument and Befriend them with Casual Charm

I'm having a bit of trouble with some of those words, but... er... you want me to be nice to them? Well, all right.

Hello, ghosts! How is it going?

"BEGONE!"

They really only seem to have one thing to say. I think I need another approach.

(08-22-2016, 11:55 PM)btp Wrote: »
(08-22-2016, 03:46 PM)smuchmuch Wrote: »If it fails, time for an Exorcism (a Chant to Banish Ghosts)

This is good! Exercise those ghosts!

A chant? Oh, wait, I think I heard one of those. How did it go?

Drop and give me fifty push-ups!

"SIR! YES, SIR!"

They're, um, well they're pushing against the floor. Where did I hear that chant, anyhow?

Unfortunately, it hasn't helped me much with getting to the library. I should try to find a way out.

(08-22-2016, 04:54 AM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: »Jump

Hmm... now that I take another look, it was the lower part of the ladder that broke. Perhaps I can jump up to it and climb back up, then take another path?

It's better than waiting for these ghosts to finish their push-ups. All right... J is for Jump!

CRASH!

Um. It seems the ladder was just a bit higher than I could reach. And the floor wasn't in particularly good shape, either. I seem to have fallen through.

I wonder what could be down here? I hope it isn't more ghosts.
>Well the next letter was gonna be be L, wasn't it ?. L gonna be for Landing. Preferably a not too rough one.
(02-02-2017, 05:30 AM)smuchmuch Wrote: »>Well the next letter was gonna be be L, wasn't it ?. L gonna be for Landing. Preferably a not too rough one.

What are you talking about? I'm sorry, I can't understand letters from the audience.

But you mentioned landing? Well, I think you may be a bit confused, I've already landed and...

CRASH!

Oh. It seems that floor was weak, too. I suppose nobody's been in to fix the floors in the Keep, what with all the ghosts. And the fact that it's abandoned.

Well, I'm fairly sure the library is higher up, so I should probably look for a stairway or something...

"Is someone there?"

What? I just heard a voice. And it doesn't sound like a ghost.

"It's not time for the Inquisitor's men to feed me yet. If you're not with the Inquisitor, then please, help me!"

Oh my. I don't think I can ignore that. I'm coming!

Amazing! There's a cell right here in the Keep! But who on earth is in there?
a talking stuffed animal
I guess it turns out to be a rock of Kryptonite
A magical salamander.
I have no son.
> A large leper.
Does really cute mice people, vibrant characters/backgrounds and the most adorable art style you've ever seen interest you? Read Great Haven.

Have you ever wanted to save a bunch of kids from dying horribly in a nightmare dreamscape? Read Lucidstuck