SCP-MAFIA -NIGHT 4 - ...again!? 10/21

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCP-MAFIA -NIGHT 4 - ...again!? 10/21
RE: SCP-MAFIA - DAY 1 - Vending Murder 20/21
I also find his vote on pala weak at best, as it seems more a vote tossed at someone critical of him rather than one actually meant to ferret out scum and oh god I'm taking this serious

time to remove the reproductive organs of everyone who fiddled with the vending machine then I GUESS
(excuse me while i read all this too)
(06-27-2013, 03:46 AM)myw Wrote: »Are we actually gunna lynch today? I'm still not a fan of day 1 lynches.
We should. There's only a few times where a No Lynch is viable, and Day 1 with a majority of people being active is not one of those times.
(06-27-2013, 11:08 AM)Palamedes Wrote: »For example, I have been voting for Kieros for serious reasons and encourage others to do the same (the fact that he vanished shortly after my pressure on him does not improve my read either).
The fact that everyone vanished shortly after your pressure on me until when I was essentially asleep doesn't have any impact? Regardless, once you explained I was fine with your vote; it's still a single vote that seems random enough that it's doing its purpose for a D1 vote.
(06-27-2013, 11:18 AM)Palamedes Wrote: »Kieros/whoosh scumteam is a possibility. Kieros posted more than I remembered but isn't contributing at all, not even to the boring vending machine shenanigans.
What part of "Because seriously, that vending machine needs to die, and sooner rather than later" made you think that I wanted to participate with the inane vending machine shenanigans? I just want to know how to parse that sentence in a manner concurrent with what it appeared you wanted me to do.
Okay I've read all this. Red's...grumpiness? I suppose? Strikes me as suspicious honestly, it seemed very unwarranted and he seemed pretty dang nervous about those votes on him. It's enough to make me at least place a vote: Red down. I understand that most of that's grumpiness about the irreverent usage of the machine, but the reaction was bordering on hostile, honestly.

In unrelated news, I am pretty much certain I know what whoosh's SCP is. Mainly because I've read a lot of them. But I think there might be some kinda injunction against SCP-tattling anyway so I'll just ask cyber when he's awake or something.

ANYWAY I SLEP FOR NOW.

takes a token and stuffs it in the machine

shush i'm hungry
Not a big fan of whoosh but also not much that makes the whoosh wagon (is there even a whoosh wagon?) appealing. Felix, don't mess with Red. It's mean and makes the game less fun for everybody.
I don't think day 1 lynches are ever good because statistically we're just going to hit someone innocent?
why get this stuff done at home when i have time when I can do it during the 15-30 minutes I have free during breaks at class!!!

Closing the machine now that it doesn't have corpses all up in it, SupahKiven puts in a 1000 Yen note.
...which it promptly spits back out. Lame.

Piester drinks really old Fanta.
And gets monstrously sick. Like seriously, that shit is oooooooold.
He'll be too busy barfing into the toilet all day to continue conversing with you until tomorrow

Despite SupahKiven's failure, Sruixan tries his luck at getting the machine to work!
It chugs a bit, and you hear some motor noises in the money slot... but eventually something does Ka-Chunk! out from the receiving tray. There are two packages of it, one of which is given to Mirdini, who accepted the offer to join Sruixan
It's labelled as Claredge's Tea, and the two packages do indeed seem to include everything you need to make a delicious cup of tea, but the flavor is listed as "Cyanide Dream"
Sruixan and Mirdini received Claredge's Cyanide Dream Tea.

Purple Walrus stabs one of the aliens with a Flavored Needle
A buttery scent emerges from the hole.

Palamedes puts 80 yen into the plugged in machine.
Out pops a little package with a marshmallow cactus in it. The packaging is plastic with cardboard stapled to it on top. It's labelled "Desert Mallow!" A caricature of a talking cactus exclaims it's "Deeeelicious, y'all!"

myw pushes the button that I probably should have remembered about.
Out pops a whole chocolate covered banana (with sprinkles!), but as soon as you hit the button, you felt a little bit weaker.
Myw receives Chocolate Covered Banana With Sprinkles

Fogel puts in 150 yen
After some whirring, the money falls into the coin return. Hm.

Red709 eats his Coke Pinball
It tastes... like a cola flavored candy. He does feel a bit more energetic though.

Agent takes one of Red's tokens and sticks it into the machine.
It, much like the last attempt, comes out the coin slot. Ah, inconsistent breaking. How lovely.

Anyways Votals incoming.
Reasons Why We Should Lynch The Vending Machine
  1. It's blatantly evil, having been left behind by a mafioso who died under mysterious and mechanically dubious circumstances. Who knows what villainy it may be involved in behind-the-scenes?
  2. It's horribly dangerous - my snacks almost killed me and that tea was so atrocious it would have killed a weaker man. Clearly, it's a huge safety risk.
  3. It's a ridiculous distraction that has ensnared many of us and is hampering valiant efforts at Getting Things Done.
All possible benefits its continued presence may have are, I'm sure you'll agree, dwarfed by the enormity of its faults. Quite frankly lynching, it is the only reasonable course of action; the sooner its reign of terror ends, the better!
INCOMING INCOMING *kasplbooooooom*

Granolaman's Corpse: 1 (Garuru)
The Vending Machine Itself: 3 (Red709, Sruixan, piester)
Red709: 3 (Schazer, soundlyParanoid, Mirdini)
whoosh!: 1 (Kieros)
Kieros: 1 (Palamedes)
Mirdini: 1 (Wiwaxia)
myw: 1 (bigro)
FelixSparks: 1 (Garuru)
Palamedes: 1 (Red709)

With 20 people alive, it takes 11 to hard lynch, and 6 to soft lynch.
Deadline is Friday night, 8 PM PST

So from what I've gathered from these votals, everybody wants somebody else to die, but nobody wants the same person to die.
okay so Google tells me cyanide tastes "acrid, and burns the tongue"

...so I'm thinking seriously over-stewed Darjeeling, still around boiling? To which I say; really? That's piss-poor service, far below what I would expect from Claridges, of all places.

I shall have to write a letter. Oh but blast, I haven't the stamp. No matter...

Insert 90 yen into the powered machine.

That should get me first-class postage, methinks...
(06-27-2013, 05:21 PM)myw Wrote: »I don't think day 1 lynches are ever good because statistically we're just going to hit someone innocent?
According to that logic, we should No Lynch every day, because statistically, we're always going to be more likely to hit someone innocent until the scum outnumber town aka until town loses.
(06-27-2013, 05:35 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »Reasons Why We Should Lynch The Vending Machine
  1. It's blatantly evil, having been left behind by a mafioso who died under mysterious and mechanically dubious circumstances. Who knows what villainy it may be involved in behind-the-scenes?
Remember guys, Granola flipped MAFIA. Be CAREFUL, especially in blowing who knows how much on these snacks.
noo... we just don't lynch when our information generally sucks.
I eat my marshmellow cactus thing

Kieros note how I corrected myself with an EBWOP saying that I did see you do things. I hadn't remembered you posting at all past my vote on you, which turned out to be correct. Still not super happy with you, and my coalignment thing was due to you suddenly appearing to defend whoosh's roleclaim.

Now I don't think whoosh is mafia, but if you do die and end up scum I would consider it and if whoosh dies and is mafia I'd probably want your head on a pike.

I continue to not be thrilled with Red, Paranoia's points on 177 stand. If whoosh and felix are the best options by far why are you voting me based on nothing?
(06-27-2013, 07:02 PM)myw Wrote: »noo... we just don't lynch when our information generally sucks.
And how do we get better information? When people die, we get both their roles and their past interactions in a new light. If we lynch someone, then we can choose where to get the information from, instead of the mafia giving us whomever they want. Besides, we're more likely to hit scum if we lynch.
(06-27-2013, 07:55 PM)Palamedes Wrote: »you suddenly appearing to defend whoosh's roleclaim.
Appearing to defend whoosh's roleclaim? I've wanted whoosh dead from the roleclaim essentially since it was made.
Also, are you guys sure a lynch would work against the machine? ...if anybody has a vig, they may be more effective against the vending machine that any rope or a tree branch could do.
I'd like to apologize to everyone for being absolute shit at Mafia at this point. I've been trying to do what I can to gather information, and to be honest, I'm awful at it. So I'm just gonna sit here. And wait. I'm sorry.
Oh god, this thing is sucking my soul and turning it into snacks.

eat banana

will that get my soul back?

Felix, it's not like any information gained from the clusterfuck on the first day is really going to matter.
I am not scum I'm just bored and really not in the mood for a game where I get lynched pointlessly D1
I have been playing DOTA and looking forwards to S(?) second battle more than paying attention to this really
Would people be mad if I suggested a no lynch?
So I looked at this earlier, completely forgot what I ended up with, reread and found that my 150 yen got tossed back in the coin return.

Claim 150 Yen because there's no way I'm letting you guys get your grubby little hands on my money.
Okay, well, I tried to put my serious hat on and do things ~*properly*~ but I got to #177 and decided I didn't like serious any more. OH WAIT I ALREADY KNEW THAT.

(06-27-2013, 03:58 PM)soundlyParanoid Wrote: »and can we lynch red to stop him from trying to bully people with giant walls of words into leaving him alone.

because that is a thing he does when he is scum

If this is an actual thing then the Red lynch will be getting another proponent very shortly.

I'm a bit pressed for time at this precise moment, but I'll attempt to be uncharacteristically brief; in Red's eyes, whoosh!'s magic bag/grannyesque claim is inexcusable, but he excused it on the grounds of this being a clusterfuck where you don't have to be super serious about these things. Given how he'd said previously that he wanted to play seriously, this isn't particularly grand. Had he kept up the conviction and voted for her, then he'd have got some flak for it but ultimately he'd have a self-consistent and understandable stance that shouldn't have been reasonably attacked. Trouble being, with this being a clusterfuck there was no guarantee people would stop at merely giving flak, so I'd like to think Red panicked. He knew he had to take a stance on an issue he'd made it clear he felt strongly about, but didn't want to attract too much attention - note also how his uneasiness with regards to the votes on him (two of which were RVS votes from the first hour of the game) only arose after Pala and others had taken a look at him, almost as if it were "oh dear I've done goofed LOOK AT THIS OTHER THING". Everything, heck even him not wanting to mess with the vending machine, just looks like panic, but is it scum panic?

Yeah who was I kidding I can't do brief.

(06-25-2013, 04:58 PM)Red709 Wrote: »fine I wouldn't mind it as much if whoosh only just mentioned it in passing but then he... continued to go on about it and that's. weird

and I don't like it

Funnily enough, this excerpt works equally well if you replace "whoosh" with "Red", on both of the aforementioned counts. (also whoosh! is a lady)
(06-28-2013, 12:32 AM)myw Wrote: »Felix, it's not like any information gained from the clusterfuck on the first day is really going to matter.
ALL INFORMATION MATTERS
You're lucky that you've not magic-bagged a claim; if you'd done so for anything (not even to the level of whoosh) you'd be on the top of my list. As it stands, you're at number two.
(06-28-2013, 02:54 AM)FelixSparks Wrote: »Would people be mad if I suggested a no lynch?
Given how I'm railing against myw for doing that, guess.
I have changed my business plans. You can give me your wills for free and I'm voting against the vending machine. In addition, your wills will remain unopened until the reading, or until i die and somebody decides to open them
wow para so uh
between you and sruix those reasons are enough to make me think I don't give a shit about defending myself because anything I say can and will be taken as what you seem to think is my scum meta when I make big posts regardless of alignment

I thought those were serious votes because of the way you and schazer made them sound it was like a "oh well here's some obvs scum" shit and I was starting to get kind o fworried because softlynch is six and I wanted to know WHY I was 2 away from softlynch

and finally any vote for any reason right now would be considered weak by you because you have tunnel vision like okay let me run down a list of why each vote would be weak
SpoilerShow

yeah that's
about all I have to say on the matter
lynch me if you're so sure then