Tiny Chat People

Tiny Chat People
RE: Tiny Chat People
how are pronouns determined, entirely at random or is there something particularly male about the internet
It's pretty much random.
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
How much would could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was a tcp who could chuck wood?
Strawpoll to decide which restrictions we place on ourselves is a great idea!
Okay. So I thought about it a bit more. And I've made my decision. I was going to say this at the top of the next update, but I need to say it ASAP.

No strawpoll, no votes, nothing. If you want to employ some self-restriction, please go ahead, but I'm not going to officially put any suggestion restrictions on the thread. Y'all have a habit of taking a mile when I give you an inch (telling you that it's possible to vote down other suggestions was a bad idea in retrospect.)

Let me be honest for a minute. Even though a CREATE/TEACH limit sounds nice in concept, it's honestly not even necessary. People suggested long lists of stuff early in the thread, and I handled that by using as much or as little of the suggestions as I liked, and I can continue doing that. I don't need you guys essentially perma-sub-modding my thread for me because you don't like other peoples suggestions??? Like this entire thing started up because some of you want to stop others from sending letters to the tcps when the letters themselves aren't even inherently bad, and I guess veto-ing them wasn't good enough? ON THAT NOTE I do want to ask you to stop editing each others letters so much, it makes it impossible for me to reference the exact things you want to get through the update

in short: like a good 50% of the posts since the last update have been about you guys wanting to enforce some arbitrary limits, please stop
I think more useful of a thing than being able to Veto votes is supporting ideas that you think are really good ideas. Like this is Kitet we're talking about: Very talented but she can't conceivably make an update where everything in the dictionary is spawned and she's pretty well aware of that.

But yeah the letter editing is more annoying than anything thus why I felt the Ribbiter app was a more eloquent solution so the cats could get a general gist of what we're all saying without having to dedicate time and panels to going to the mailbox to open a bunch of envelopes.

It also has the bonus effect of reinforcing that we're not a single entity, we're representing a collective here.
Another idea that could make things easier on Kitet would be to stop giving exact wording when we write letters. Instead we could say something like "create a letter that says we're sorry about Fernando and explains what happened".

A good chunk of the arguing about letter contents is going to come from criticizing exact words. If we keep it general, that means less arguing and also gives Kitet more flexibility in updating.
(10-21-2017, 10:44 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »Another idea that could make things easier on Kitet would be to stop giving exact wording when we write letters. Instead we could say something like "create a letter that says we're sorry about Fernando and explains what happened".

A good chunk of the arguing about letter contents is going to come from criticizing exact words. If we keep it general, that means less arguing and also gives Kitet more flexibility in updating.

This is sound.
(10-21-2017, 10:44 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »Another idea that could make things easier on Kitet would be to stop giving exact wording when we write letters. Instead, we could say something like "create a letter that says we're sorry about Fernando and explains what happened".

^ I admit I like the personal feeling in the letters but this sounds like a great fix.
Kitet babe just wanted to say your adventure is really good and I’m proud of you mwah mwah<3
gen please this is a thread for discussing my adventure, not being massively gay >:y
IM DISCUSSING THE ADVENTURE BY TELLING YOU HOW IT MAKES ME FEEL ABOUT MY CUTE GIRLFRIEND GOSH!
I wouldn't mind if we took out the veto system and instead went by the "Seconding this" and "Let the author pick what's best" system instead.
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
Fennel seems really off, we should find out what is bothering it.
Okay, this may be kind of a premature assumption, but it seems like Marzu is going to ally with Grind and we are going to ally with Macaron and Rein which will probably make it hard for us to finish the game with ease because Marzu doesn't like Rein and Grind doesn't like us. This is most likely what the story is going to lead up to, so unless we make decisions that throws us off the story track we will probably end up with a cool tension filled climax. That would be nice, but there are always other options, so I'm curious who you guys think we should ally with.
SpoilerShow
(10-29-2017, 06:07 PM)BananaPanda Wrote: »Okay, this may be kind of a premature assumption, but it seems like Marzu is going to ally with Grind and we are going to ally with Macaron and Rein which will probably make it hard for us to finish the game with ease because Marzu doesn't like Rein and Grind doesn't like us. This is most likely what the story is going to lead up to, so unless we make decisions that throws us off the story track we will probably end up with a cool tension filled climax. That would be nice, but there are always other options, so I'm curious who you guys think we should ally with.

Grind dislikes us because he (justifiably) views Frog-Crimes as an unpredictable and manipulative psychopath after our treatment of Fernando.

Of all the players in the session, Frog-Crimes currently looks like the most likely to start shit - both in-game and, if we're on the winning side, post-game as a physical deity. If we want to resolve the game peacefully, we'll need to prove to Grind that we're not dangerous.
I'm going to post a proposal here for peer review.

I'm proposing to create a gun that changes effect depending on the type of the TCP that holds it. So, it turns to a weaker version of the power the holder TCP has. If Windy were to hold it, it will become a glorified hole puncher. If Fennel were to hold it, it would become something similar to that of a GLOO gun. If Fernando were to hold it, it would become a spore sprayer. If Tubes were to hold it, it would become a mail gun.
[Image: DGBpqSL.png]
(10-30-2017, 07:42 AM)FlanDab Wrote: »I'm going to post a proposal here for peer review.

I'm proposing to create a gun that changes effect depending on the type of the TCP that holds it. So, it turns to a weaker version of the power the holder TCP has. If Windy were to hold it, it will become a glorified hole puncher. If Fennel were to hold it, it would become something similar to that of a GLOO gun. If Fernando were to hold it, it would become a spore sprayer. If Tubes were to hold it, it would become a mail gun.

I like it. Sounds useful and not too weapon-y.
i mean if the intention is to not make it weapon-y then maybe something quaint like a flute is the way to go
A flute that shoots glue doesn't make much sense.

A holepuncher, glue gun, mail gun, etc. isn't even a real gun. Just because it has gun in the name doesn't make it a weapon by design, it just describes the general easy-to-handle shape.
I also like the idea of a wand or a staff or an instrument or something more than a gun.
I don't know if that's too complicated a thing to ask for though. "Object that duplicates the thing that your tcp only does at a cost to themselves" seems a bit iffy, even if it has less effect.

Also to be honest if you wanted something that threw envelopes at people or spat glue everywhere it feels to me like you could just ask for that object instead of a like, several in one thing?
It's true. Just making a normal glue gun seems like it could be useful. The others sound only very situationally useful.
I originally thought it up so TCPs can use their special abilities with minimal harm and danger. They don't have to go to ascended form, which is a plus.
[Image: DGBpqSL.png]
A "seconding this" feature would be a lot neater than a veto, but it would also sometims count people out who make small (but not uncontroversial) suggestions.
Veto system makes more sense for an unpredictable collective.
[Image: vXCAe9O.png] [Image: tKD6Zjr.png] [Image: CzJL2j4.png]
[Image: afkF4Z7.png] [Image: laXOQ6l.png] [Image: 6SlA6Oy.png] [Image: rwi0EBt.png]
[Image: IJhRwJC.png]
"Seconding this" as a "feature" already exists, in that it is how a forum thread works and an author is reading it to decide which commands to use.