Tiny Chat People

Tiny Chat People
Tiny Chat People
I actually kinda wanted a discussion thread for TCP for a while, and now feels like a pretty good time to make one.

So, here we are: a space to clutter all you like with theorizing, strategizing, and other such talk related to
Tiny Cat People.

Regarding spoilers: as much as I would love to see someone catching up on the thread liveblog in here, I think it'd be more practical if I didn't make it mandatory that discussion relating to the latest updates be put in spoiler tags? But that'd probably be good manners to do, anyway.

Regarding other spoilers:
SpoilerShow
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
RE: Tiny Chat People
Awh fuck yeah posting here so i can get updates even though I have not much to say
[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
Maybe racing towards a game over with reckless abandon by making another abstract-type is not the most fun thing.
speak for yourself
(04-20-2017, 04:07 AM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: »speak for yourself

Alright let me just simulate it for you then.

SpoilerShow

Alright, now we can move onto less self-destructive strats.
Oh, tcp has other instances huh? That explains a couple of things.

Edit:
(04-20-2017, 03:11 AM)Gen Wrote: »Maybe racing towards a game over with reckless abandon by making another abstract-type is not the most fun thing.
I'd like to add that an abstract type doesn't have to hate and kill us. We could try to make it friendly to us, and it's better we have an abstract tcp than some agressive other god. Unless of course the other tcp threads that happened to have abstract kitties ended in disaster because of that.
Do you guys want me to hand you the TCP with the most votes as soon as it's possible, or do you guys need more time to decide which type you want?
There are a couple of ideas floating around and perhaps more people would pick something if they got a prompt to choose. Then again, the fern type has a decent amount of support already and the adventure would flow more quickly if we didn't spend another update picking a TCP. It's your call, I'd say.
Reach within the void and retrieve a friend and boy
hey, QUEUE isn't a command in-game :y

no i know why you nerds were queuing commands (it's because i'm slow at progressing to the next part of a story when it's so closely in reach) so i'll try to work with it this time, but in the future i don't really wanna deal with it, it's weirdly hard to work with when i'm trying to write...

also, for reference, i myself do not know any math higher than algebra, or any science stuff that isn't random snippits of biology, so don't be mad that i can't, uh, make math puzzles or whatever you expect me to do in my comic >:y
I like how we went with a TCP type that would be less potentially-belligerent toward us then promptly pissed it off
(04-27-2017, 01:22 AM)KittenEater Wrote: »hey, QUEUE isn't a command in-game :y

no i know why you nerds were queuing commands (it's because i'm slow at progressing to the next part of a story when it's so closely in reach) so i'll try to work with it this time, but in the future i don't really wanna deal with it, it's weirdly hard to work with when i'm trying to write...

also, for reference, i myself do not know any math higher than algebra, or any science stuff that isn't random snippits of biology, so don't be mad that i can't, uh, make math puzzles or whatever you expect me to do in my comic >:y

Eat math! Hahahaha! >:)
SpoilerShow

But anyway, I'll try to hold off on preemptive commands.
(04-27-2017, 01:22 AM)KittenEater Wrote: »also, for reference, i myself do not know any math higher than algebra, or any science stuff that isn't random snippits of biology, so don't be mad that i can't, uh, make math puzzles or whatever you expect me to do in my comic >:y

I might be wrong, or you might've picked this up already and be joking, but I believe it's a joke to try and teach the cats [complicated thing]. I.E: >TEACH neuroscience - Fennel.

As for the queueing thing, do you mean you'd prefer if we'd waited for tcp to be named before trying to make more commands, or is it more a matter of us giving too many commands in one go?
(04-27-2017, 11:31 AM)Fellow Wrote: »As for the queueing thing, do you mean you'd prefer if we'd waited for tcp to be named before trying to make more commands, or is it more a matter of us giving too many commands in one go?

I meant waiting for us to get out of adventure mode before trying to TEACH and SPAWN and stuff, commands that are not allowed in adventure mode. I don't care so much that you give a whole bunch of commands at a time, it's just like... I had to consult multiple people about whether I should spawn the new TCP immediately after the limit raised or after I raised the limit and let you guys know it. I had to weigh "well you guys are already talking about which type you want, and it's happening this update" with "well it flows really weirdly, narratively, if i don't end the update with the limit just raising, imo"
you know, persona aside, i knew right away that allowing us to spawn in a letter once was a huge, huge mistake. it's cheesing the system. there is a reason we don't have a direct line of communication with the tcp, it's the same reason why we can't directly control the little buggers: we are a demigod. the whole conceit is our lack of direct influence on the world, how we can only really set parts in motion and observe, and a direct communication medium of crystal-clear language spoils that
(04-28-2017, 01:27 AM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: »you know, persona aside, i knew right away that allowing us to spawn in a letter once was a huge, huge mistake. it's cheesing the system. there is a reason we don't have a direct line of communication with the tcp, it's the same reason why we can't directly control the little buggers: we are a demigod. the whole conceit is our lack of direct influence on the world, how we can only really set parts in motion and observe, and a direct communication medium of crystal-clear language spoils that

Well... I kinda disagree with that. Direct communication does not equate to direct control; each cat is free to interpret whatever we tell them how they will. No matter how many notes we make, there are so many factors in between what we say and what our cats do that things in this world still have the potential to go a direction we entirely didn't expect.

This is especially true since we can only create notes when we're not in adventure mode.
[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
perhaps we could make a mascot of sorts to speak through, like a three headed frog bard or something
We need to turn this panel into an emote

[Image: PHShu5K.png]
I kinda like how this is turning into a hot mess but at the same time I feel kinda bad for disapointing the kitties.
oh my GOD i love fernando so MUCH she's ME
(05-07-2017, 11:52 PM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: »oh my GOD i love fernando so MUCH she's ME

good, because she's your fault.
Everyone's deeply concerned with teaching cats nitzche
Okay hear me out lads: Next TCP we get

Cat-type TCP

We have Tiny cat people, we have a tiny cat, now to make a tiny cat tiny cat person.

lets dig down the fractal rabbit hole.
the thread actually already asked for cat-type, back when you jerks were also rallying for defiance-type. i'd be willing to give cat-type to you now, though, whenever you unlock more slots.
We'll see how the votes fall when the time comes then~

Next time we can probably wait till the proper "What TCP do you want?" post to pop up.