We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
i've recently realized that there are SO MANY GOOD DOOM MODS

like fucking.... look at this Good Shlonk

SpoilerShow
Yep. Okay. I love Hollow Knight. Only played like an hour but I love it.
Disgaea 1 and 2
Sig:
SpoilerShow
(03-03-2017, 04:24 AM)Solaris Wrote: »oh yeah and

ffxiv let me cosplay as yuna and gave me a yuna minion so ive actually never been happier
While I would like to keep my game identity as separate from this one as possible, I will confess that over the past couple years FFXIV has occupied much of the time I was previously spending on forums. An explanation of that may be forthcoming. Maybe. Later.

By certain objective measures, FFXIV is pretty clearly my favorite game ever. My system specs will not support Stormblood, though. yoshidaaaaaa 。゚(゚´Д`゚)゚。
sea had swallowed all. A lazy curtain of dust was wafting out to sea
Okay, I Am Setsuna's Stout Sheep can go jump off a cliff.

Preferably so I don't have to try fighting it again.
[Image: 6LGz4x9.png]
I didn't have much trouble with that guy.

The boss after him, though... that's another matter.
Nier: Automata is a extremely cute and has amazing gay robot butt

but it also has a hole in the castle area that I can't jump out of because it requires ridiculous timing and my computer does not meet the minimum requirements and therefore is a potato
(03-28-2017, 03:33 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »I didn't have much trouble with that guy.

The boss after him, though... that's another matter.

Lordy, it gets worse? I'm sitting here against the Stout Sheep unable to outpace its HP regeneration, without Dispel, and it gets worse from here on it.

:(
Huh, I only saw him do one heal for 999 when his health got low. I also don't remember seeing any dispel techs at all.
FFXIV'S LAST PATCH UNTIL THE EXPANSION COMES OUT WAS RELEASED AND IT WAS A PRETTY GOOD ADVERTISEMENT FOR YOU TO BUY THE EXPANSION

SPOILERS
SpoilerShow

i have issues with some of the story beats but given that i was pretty pleased with 3.0 as a whole im optimistic about the plot of 4.0 even if it wont have a good amount of dragons in the supporting cast
Standing here, The way ahead's becoming clear
All across these new frontiers
In my hands I hold the ones I love
Walk forward through the cold dawn
Always to new horizons
I kind of liked HW less than ARR even if it was objectively better in so many respects. The reason? Grinding, mostly. It was a little easier to stay on top of everything in ARR. It would have helped if my group had stayed gud during Midas, though. That burnt me out, so maybe I'm biased.

But in the end, I mean, I am the LOL-est of DRGs so, uh... Ishgard represent.
yeah i didnt like, start to try to do the harder things until sophia ex came out and so my perspective on the hashtag content of this game is a bit skewed but ive managed to kind of effortlessly tank a9s and a10s and i think i could do a11s too? but i dont know what ill end up doing for stormblood or how im going to react to doing big ffxiv content as it happens? the cross server party finder is really good though, even if it can be rocky it and the raid finder really make that kind of content accessible to like, groups of three or four ppl like all of the ones who want to do hard things with me, more or less

raiding in wow was fun for emerald nightmare but heroic nighthold has kind of sucked for me because like, four of the bosses are exactly the same to tank, demon hunter tank is a bit weird, and i dont really like dps demon hunter as much so i have just, not, done mythic progression so i can see how like, people who did gordias and midas could have gotten seriously burnt out?

i still dont know what im going to focus on in stormblood bc while i have (questionably legal) confirmation that im not shit at brd, drg, and even blm its hard for me to consider that as like, enough of a reason to try harder stuff as a dps when tanking just feels so easy to me

i really want to know more about the jobs and how stuffs going to change though, i still dont know what im going to do when i finish leveling my first tank and i dont know if that first tank is going to be drk or pld yet lol
Always to new horizons
My recollection of HW launch was that the first time we got solid details on almost any job changes was Early Access. Most of the stuff we had heard beforehand was either wrong (misremembered or legit changed since E3), a trivial detail that who cares, or something where I had to double-check an iffy translation from a Japanese source (to be fair, the people doing it are just fans and they’re going through a ton of material; it’s not like they’re trying to be sloppeh).
So uh I don't know if this counts as video game discussion per se but

Club Penguin is fucking dead.

We lost a valiant waddler today.

Never forget.
SpoilerShow
(03-31-2017, 04:01 AM)BRPXQZME Wrote: »My recollection of HW launch was that the first time we got solid details on almost any job changes was Early Access. Most of the stuff we had heard beforehand was either wrong (misremembered or legit changed since E3), a trivial detail that who cares, or something where I had to double-check an iffy translation from a Japanese source (to be fair, the people doing it are just fans and they’re going through a ton of material; it’s not like they’re trying to be sloppeh).

yeah i desperately hope that, that whole deal goes a bit better this time around esp since one of the main stormblood things is redoing cross classes so that they arent so, wonky and so that as a white mage i dont just cross class truth of the mountains and truth of the forests because blizzard 2 and surecast are worthless skills for me
Always to new horizons
every time i see HW in the latest posts i assume hyrule warriors

then i get sad because like nobody on here plays nintendo games
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
GATR let's talk about Nintendo games.

Breath of the Wild is Really Fucking Good. I've been playing it like nonstop since it came out THERE'S SO MANY THINGS TO COLLECT
I am... not sure where you got the idea from that nobody here plays Nintendo games.
Because it is staggeringly untrue.

Did you miss all the talk about Pokemon a few months back? .P

There's been less talk about Zelda because it's hard to mention specific things without spoiling the experience of finding them yourselves and also because a lot of us are dirt poor and can't buy a new £300 games console for one game but you can rest assured that quite a lot of the people who haven't played Breath of the Wild are lusting after it.
(03-29-2017, 11:19 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »Huh, I only saw him do one heal for 999 when his health got low. I also don't remember seeing any dispel techs at all.

He has two healing moves. One is a single-time heal for 999, and the other is a move that passively restores his health by like 800 a turn. You can only stop the second one with Dispel - or you have to out-damage it.

Spoilers: My team was not out-damaging it.
I am in Camp Can’t Afford Nintenda but didn’t want to lay down any guilt trips; after all, I am mostly alright with what I can have, and there is limited time for games, such that you could disqualify everything that wasn’t strictly awesome and still have too much for one lifetime. BotW looks amazing. Maybe I’ll get to sneak a few hours of it someday.
i can't go buying a nintendo when persona 5 is coming out so soon
i dont even have BotW yet lol. im still trying to finish every other game in the series. so far i have spirit tracks, skyward sword, and then link between worlds left. then when i finish all that, if there are any more good games for switch by that time, ill get a switch. if not, then wii u will be fine.

by the way you should definitely play hyrule warriors (wii u) or hyrule warriors legends (3ds). i recommend the latter because it has more content and is more streamlined.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
i mean i would get the 3ds one but from everything i've heard, it only TECHNICALLY runs on a standard 3ds
Yeah I'd definitely have got that one if it wasn't another game which would require me to buy a whole new piece of hardware :v
Someone buy me a Wii U so I can play BoTW cause it looks SO GOOD HEEELLLPPP
SpoilerShow