WHO ARE THE REAL MONSTERS?!?!?!??!? MAFIA N5: nothing happened

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHO ARE THE REAL MONSTERS?!?!?!??!? MAFIA N5: nothing happened
Re: WHO ARE THE REAL MONSTERS?!?!?!??!? MAFIA D4: good night, sweet prince
Originally posted on MSPA by crepuscularDissembler.

Agent your metaphors tire me
also you've only been a tad more posty than myself so I don't appreciate that dig

anyways hrrm
I guess I could see you as scum Pala (especially if Agent is scum because yesterday). maybe Mirdini? Mirdini has been sort of eh and sticks out like a sore thumb and I feel like there should be at least one experienced player on there and you and/or him are most likely
that leaves cuttlefish and Ix in the bin of people I don't feel very town about but it's not like I'm gonna "pressure" either of them or try lynching them so eh. I'd shoot them at some point to clear things up nahmean

anyways yeah konec0 a fullclaim might be sorta neat? I am mostly curious (and vaguely annoyed)
Namboto why aren't you votinggg (other people too but Nam come on you're TOWN)
Originally posted on MSPA by Agent1022.

All right.

(Seven Hours and an Adventure Time Marathon Later...)

Boogey - I'd lean town when looking at your posts. At the very least, your reads seem to hold up logically for the time they're put out - But unfortunately, being unsure is no longer an option, it seems, so let's work on a presumption that you're town, how about that.

Cat - Your unshakable belief that you are town and that everyone believes you are town and refusal to make any kind of serious contribution just makes me not want to bother going after you. I suppose I could tentatively put a townread on you but frankly I haven't had a lot to work off of. Other than the fact that you hate me. For not being concrete. Because you can't bloody mix concrete out of the stuff of dreams and wishes!

It's the quiet ones you got to watch out for. And I'm watching you, and you don't care. You don't care, you don't care.

cuttlefish - I'd have to agree on the assessment of third party and proud of it, given all the ice cream...given. And since this is malkyfia, who knows what the ice cream does? So while 3P, I'd be disinclined to consider hostile 3P until further data emerges - especially considering that both Lun and Schaz were...somewhat hostile except not really? Destructive 3P roles, I suppose. Anyway it makes it less likely that cC is an especially malicious 3P.

Ix - Ix...yeah, I got no idea what to think about you. You don't like playing Mafia? Yeah, at this point I'm not much of a fan of it either. You're not interested in giving anything up and no one can make you. You say you're Town? Well, let's just work on that presumption until statistics say otherwise! THE POWER OF MATH!

-=-=-=-

With the power of MATH, that gives us with 12 alive...

Two strong town - Sol, Nam
Three leaning town - Para, konec, Boogey
Two cbf figuring out - Ix, Cat
One confirmed 3P - cC
Three leaning scum - Seedy, Pala, Mirdi

-=-=-=-

Solly if you combine with Para you can become a parasol

-=-=-=-

And I'll say again that the one who gave Mirdi bad vibes night before last was likely, but not for certain, me (because again, super uncertain role here. It's a town role, and I'm sure about that, and my action has to do with votes, and I'm sure about that). I tried to put my night action on beru last night, but she died before she could tell us anything in the morning. I am absolutely sure that the two aren't correlated, and I say that completely nonsarcastically, but that's how it's panned out so far.

As it stands, I don't even know anymore. The fact is, no one seems motivated to take anything seriously anymore, which allows them to throw out anything they'd like without much justification, and the lack of justification for those things means there isn't any data to base further assertions on! There's only assumption piled on assumption, and anyone who tries to poke at the pile gets yelled at! I don't even want to be serious about this anymore, except that it feels pretty strongly like scum is pulling the strings and this isn't even fun *sobs*

Some of you actually don't like neutral thoughts, and some of you are trying to kill me, and I don't know which is which. But I'm tempted to think that it's the ones who keep pushing even after I try!

Vote: Palamedes

I've just tried and tried to be honest about how I feel and what I

YOU'LL GET NO MORE OUT OF ME! I'VE GOT NOTHING LEFT! I'M NOTHING! NOTHING!

Oh look more things

konec0 Wrote:yeah town players don't know other players' alignments unless you're like a cop or etc. etc.
that's always been a thing yes
thanks for telling us again
Sorry, my point was you didn't know, so that was a point in favor of your being town. My sleepy, addled self isn't very good at getting these things across.

konec0 Wrote:Fullclaiming is a thing I can do if people want it.
That might be nice. So the circus is an entity that roleblocks? Do you have any idea of the priority of your roleblock (i.e. it seems like blocking distracts the player from noticing other visitors or watchers, maybe? I think maybe this can be disproven by charts of the previous nights. Can anyone come forward as to having been visited by the circus? Or are they dead.)

Still cruising through the posts. More thoughts and questions if they appear.

Blanket statement: And I'm sorry for trying to be neutral-sounding; I'm...not very good at mafia - I'm just scared of making a wrong call and you guys are right, I should be more bold. Thus my thoughts. And actions. And rambly insanities, though those are more of a package deal sorta thing.
Originally posted on MSPA by Palamedes.

I kind of was alright with that vote post until you voted me for going after you the most (Also you voted me ;-; ). You are trying though so good job there, no more questions your honour.

Boogey my point is that you have done or said pretty much nothing to defend Agent's towniness, openly pointing out things he's doing as suspicious, and then for some reason you still have him down as a strong townread. Actually fuck it Vote: Boogeyman for his 'magical' townreads on every single lynch so far (well really just Pilot and Agent, I can't remember the last two but I'd bet he did something similar with them). Both have avoided doing anything lynchwise but at least Agent hasn't been going 'I totally know these guys are town, let me avoid lynching them and instead weakly push easy shit'. Feels like something scum would pull.

I am honestly fine with lynching either one of them at this point (Agent or Boogey) but Boogeyscum and Agent town is now something I can vaguely see whereas Boogeytown really isn't.

EBWOP: Wait right Boogey replaced seastorm near the end of D2 and refused to help us reach softlynch with Tea and didn't vote at all until like an hour and a half before dayend when he threw a vote on Solaris for the same reasons he did on Ix (who wouldn't have been lynched if bears didn't do her bear things). Then he dropped Solaris completely the next day (before he was townfirmed obviously).

Yeah standing by that point.
Originally posted on MSPA by curiousCat.

Agent1022 Wrote:Cat - Your unshakable belief that you are town and that everyone believes you are town and refusal to make any kind of serious contribution just makes me not want to bother going after you. I suppose I could tentatively put a townread on you but frankly I haven't had a lot to work off of. Other than the fact that you hate me. For not being concrete. Because you can't bloody mix concrete out of the stuff of dreams and wishes!

It's the quiet ones you got to watch out for. And I'm watching you, and you don't care. You don't care, you don't care.
There is no reason that should give you a townread on me. Like... none whatsoever.

You say that you want to see me as a townread and then that the quiet ones have to be watched out for and you don't give a single concrete opinion here ???
Originally posted on MSPA by Boogeyman5870.

Better do better than that Pala. I didn't vote until the end of the day when I replaced in because that was when I caught up with the thread, and I was extremely transparent about that. It was a time crunch and that should be obvious to anyone not trying to make reality fit his conclusion. ps: I was right about Tea being a mislynch. I didn't help you reach soft lynch because I thought he was town. I know that waiting until the last minute and watching a town lynch almost not happen is super scummy and all, but maybe just this one time it's a case of a town chasing what they thought was actually a better lynch?

Anyway Solaris wasn't townfirmed, but the post pointing out how their actions made no sense as scum was what made me back off. On Pilot I was again correct and that was based off of Teas flip which I also mentioned at that time. We also just established that these easy lynches you are so upset about are easy because there is ample reasons to want them dead. Choosing them over mislynches is not something I regret.

I forget, where were you on those town lynches Pala?
Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

Give Me Votals Or Give Me Death

Agent1022 (2) - Paranoia, Mirdini
konec0 (1) - Solaris
Palamedes (2) - Boogeyman5870, Agent1022
Boogeyman5870 (3) - Seedy, curiousCat, Palamedes

Abstaining (4): Ixcalibur, cuttlefishCuller, konec0, Namboto

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. There is no soft lynch. Day ends February 15th at 5 PM EST.
Originally posted on MSPA by curiousCat.

Dragon Fogel Wrote:Boogeyman5870 (1) - Seedy, curiousCat, Palamedes
???
Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

I have no idea what you're talking about.
Re: WHO ARE THE REAL MONSTERS?!?!?!??!? MAFIA D1: Some guy died

You want to know where I was? Sure.

SpoilerShow

Boogeyman5870 Wrote:Anyway Solaris wasn't townfirmed, but the post pointing out how their actions made no sense as scum was what made me back off. On Pilot I was again correct and that was based off of Teas flip which I also mentioned at that time. We also just established that these easy lynches you are so upset about are easy because there is ample reasons to want them dead. Choosing them over mislynches is not something I regret.
Better do better then that by the way. I already pointed out that you voted Solaris after saying that you didn't think he was scum. Then on day three you proceeded to not mention him at all until he was townfirmed by Namboto which was actually my real point but like here have this for you people who didn't want to read the spoiler'd response to Boogey:

Boogeyman5870 Wrote:Solaris' behavior as noted is weird and almost definitely not town. However their logic in 544 is pretty unassailable. I don't think scum would act like this. A 3p is a definite possibility though. I'm not sure I'm on board with the lyncher theory, but it doesn't matter. Any type of 3p is a potential threat. At the very least a flip will help us get an understanding of just what Ix and Solaris are doing.
Thanks for the blatant contradiction. I am now super 100% behind killing you today.

Oh right and I do want to say this: Agent I am actually legit sorry for claiming you never did anything or made opinions. I still am not happy with your day 3 play and parts of what you've done today but you did go for Visceral and Tea and you did actually contribute votewise which is another reason why you have at least a non 0% chance of being town in my eyes whereas Boogey does not.

I got some quoting and crap to do for my next major post, but I am still on my phone. Expect it later tonight. In the meantime does anyone else have anything to say about this Pala/me thing or is there not enough material for everyone to get reads [img]images/smilies/tongue.png[/img]
Originally posted on MSPA by crepuscularDissembler.

I think I've been pretty clear where I stand on you (you are scum that I suffered to live and now I don't want to anymore)
you could be hellbussing each other but townPala is more likely than that? hmh

like I appreciate that you're going to try and make walls and get the lynch off you
but it's not going to happen!
I feel kinda bad letting you waste all this effort, dude, but I guess it's useful for reads so we can kill your friends
Originally posted on MSPA by Mirdini.

egh

Boogeyman5870 Wrote:ps: I was right about Tea being a mislynch. I didn't help you reach soft lynch because I thought he was town. I know that waiting until the last minute and watching a town lynch almost not happen is super scummy and all, but maybe just this one time it's a case of a town chasing what they thought was actually a better lynch?
or maybe Occam's Razor is correct and you're just super scummy~

I am not feeling this game at all so I trust seedy's judgement more than mine here atm

also maybe if one of these men dies this game can stop being quotewall central and that might help me actually care about it again @_@

do still want Agent strung up though. (sorry agent hugs n' stuff but being cool sadly doesn't exempt you from being not-town)

Vote: Boogeyman

Sorry, I'm trying to be quoteish and useful while still having just fun with this.

But for some reason I can't have both with this which is laaame but whatever.

We can go after Agent tomorrow (or tonight if our second killer is a vigilante and not a SK).
Originally posted on MSPA by MalkyTop.

III''MMM GONNNA THROW MY SHIT

MIDNIGHT AGAIN

HOW DO PEOPLE SLEEP AT EARLIER HOURS

I USED TO HAVE THIS KNOWLEGEGE BUT NOW I DON'T

I BLAME DUCK COMICS.
Originally posted on MSPA by Mirdini.

Palamedes Wrote:We can go after Agent tomorrow (or tonight if our second killer is a vigilante and not a SK).
must

trust

seedy's

judgement

I completely fail to see what you're reading into there.

I've said I want both of them dead several times (and that I want Boogey dead more), and I would be more then happy if the non-mafia nightkill happened to be on the other guy I want dead.
Re: WHO ARE THE REAL MONSTERS?!?!?!??!? MAFIA D1: Some guy died

I'm not particularly interested in making rainbow walls at this juncture. They're kind of a lame way to try and look like you're a contributing member of the game in the face of a lynch. I did however need to easily search and quote stuff to do this one. I'd rather do something actually productive and convince you that you're on the wrong side of this CD.

Also your views on the subject are fairly well known, but the research is not. You have been all over this slot since before I replaced in. You've said very loudly numerous that I am scum, but you have yet to demonstrate why. Why exactly have you been gunning for this slot for so long, and why do you feel the need to not share those reasons?

Palamedes Wrote:You want to know where I was? Sure.

Day 1:

I pushed the Visceral lynch and I'll never regret it. (Mental note to look at Mirdini/seedy/Agent train tomorrow.) Meanwhile your predecessor sat on Mr. Guy for no proper reason for like, the entire day.
Despite everything else, I'll give out no hate on that front. If I was in the game I would have lynched him that day as well. I said as much in 640.
Palamedes Wrote:Day 2:
First it is interesting to see this:

Note how Tea only made one post in between this and his initial vote. And all he did was a 'this is what to notice when I die and flip town' post. Which isn't much at all and it looked like you were really trying to get off of Tea and throw a vote on a guy you couldn't look bad for lynching (because he was doing nothing). Also a guy who wasn't likely to be lynched because there was so little time left. Oh jesus christ you even said you didn't think he was mafia but were voting him for being third party (Note this becomes really important later guys).

Yeah I was on Tea but I'm going to defend myself there too because there wasn't anyone else to go after at that point (Pilot, Solaris, and Namboto were poorer options to me at the time).
In 640 I unvoted Tea after actually completing my read through. There was a lot of conflicting data about Tea running around, and it's why I didn't flail too hard against the lynch. He had a lot of scummy circumstances but at the time I said :

"Despite all of that I don't think I like this lynch that much. I actually liked Tea better coming off of TeaGuyGate. MV was acting all kinds of scummy, and I think his actions there D1 were incredibly justified. If I had been in the game I would have voted MV. In addition his posts had a tone of trying to get MV to understand what he was doing wrong (302, 325, 345, 346). To me that looks like Tea trying to get a town into gear and contributing, and what is the motivation for that as scum? In the other direction though 345 and 346 make his actions in D2 all the more baffling. It appears that he's throwing out his own advice."

That stuff felt strangely town in the face of the evidence. The post that finally convinced me not to vote Tea was the one you call nothing much at all (657). You only call it that because you're failing to fundamentally understand my process. None of the stuff about noticing stuff after his flip was at all important to me. I would say this line in particular sticks out to me:

"Don't get me wrong, I expected (welcomed even!) silliness, but I also expected to be playing mafia. Which... Doesn't seem to be the game we're playing here, precisely. (Not to say it isn't fun). "

That was a statement from a man who was exhausted by this game and grimly accepted that because of his own inability to flourish in this setting that he was going to be lynched. That entire post was an apology to the Town players he should have been able to convince and help scum hunt. This resonated with me because I had just completed my read and also felt lost and confused in this game. He wasn't scum after that, just a townie that knew he failed. I didn't care about any of the data points he spewed out. I cared about what all the other things made Tea look like.

I voted Solaris because unlike apparently everyone else on earth I think 3ps need to be eliminated as well. They are working towards their own end goals and they are not town. I am perfectly happy to string up a 3p any day because it's one less source hurting town.

Palamedes;7059066

=Day 3: Pilot lynch I pushed near the end beause A) I supported it, B) Fuck all was happening and I didn't want a no lynch (I guess in retrospect I could have gone for Agent but he wasn't as dangerous as scum busdriver in my mind and I kind of have many secret reasons why town busdriver started to seem ridiculous on top of everything else and I [I Wrote:
can[/I] reveal all that if I have to).

You sat on, once again, a third party, again avoiding being on a lynchwagon.
There was only two barely going lynches at that time. Teh and Agent. I had good reads on Agent, and I figured Teh must have been town as well after all that nonsense with Tea. Again I chose a target that I believe may be actively harmful to Town. If we had someone I thought was scum on the table then I would have voted for them instead.

Quote:Better do better then that by the way. I already pointed out that you voted Solaris after saying that you didn't think he was scum. Then on day three you proceeded to not mention him at all until he was townfirmed by Namboto which was actually my real point but like here have this for you people who didn't want to read the spoiler'd response to Boogey:

Thanks for the blatant contradiction. I am now super 100% behind killing you today.
Solaris was a 3p that was a viable lynch option at the time, and better than Tea. I don't like 3ps and don't agree with letting them wiggle free if they're put in such a position. The only reason I let Solaris go was because Beru split the lynch and sent us to kung fu fun times. Wanting Solly dead for being wacky and hard to read took a backseat to a blatantly scummy actions for Beru. Before I could make it back around to that discussion though, Nam destroyed all my reads in one fell swoop (an exaggeration, but still).

Anyway I really don't see what you're getting at with those two bolded posts being a blatant contradiction. They are both saying the exact same thing, that 544 was what got me to back off them being scum. What I did after that was under the assumption they were a 3p.

So yes I guess I like trying to lynch 3ps. Pala, you seem to like trying to lynch town. It seems that yours is probably the scummier hobby. When I see someone that I think is probably town and someone that I think is probably a 3p, I will go for that 3p every single time.

QE: Sorry to all those getting bummed out by the quote walls. If anyone didn't want to read it all I have included a graphical representation of our clash of the titans.

[Image: tumblr_mhq4ro4qh21rea0pio1_250.gif]

Anyway I actually am having fun with all of this. I've never gone head to head with a player like Palamedes in this kind of situation before. It's challenging and awesome. Sorry if it buzz killed the rest of the game. I should have used a funny accent or more gifs so it didn't disrupt everyone else's fun.

Yeah. I'm sorry too (this happens in every other game I swear to god).

I've found out that spoilering largish quote walls and adding a quick summary of your biggest beef/main points helps a little because then people can choose to ignore walls if they has no real relevance to them.

Alright I will try and do that in the future. I'm not entirely sure how much this particular thing has left in it one way or the other. But I will still try and learn from it.
Originally posted on MSPA by konec0.

oh crap i've been having a terrible week so i forgot entirely about this game

okay okay so fullclaim
i wrote up a poem for this hang on

"I am Ock.
I'm Doc Ock.
I'm Doc Ock who blocks and docs.
I'm Doc Ock who docs and blocks.
I doc folks who walk the talk.
I block orcs who gawk and mock.
I doc folks.
I block orcs.
I'm Doc Ock.
I docblock.

p.s. i am not actually Doc Ock. I am a circus."

so there you have it
explanation of targets
N1: Solaris because a) I suspected he might be scum, and ALSO b) if he weren't he was a possible target for N1 policy kill (aside from him I also considered Mirdini but was like ehhhh)
N2: Para had a good showing D2 which convinced me he was likely town, and given he was one of the more vocal ones I also thought he was likely to be targeted. Obviously that not only didn't pan out but backfired spectacularly OTL
N3: I went with Boogey because possible scum and also I didn't think the vig/SK would go for him. (Preeeeetty sure it's an SK, too, considering how last night went down.)

I may have to reconsider my stance on Boogey tho. Not sure I trust Pala's judgement anymore, honestly, and also I have a 5-page paper to write that is due tmrw so let me go do that first kthx

Wait you're a doc as well? Holy Malky (I wouldn't have revealed that one unpressured but eh.)
Originally posted on MSPA by konec0.

cD asked for it, and after yesterday I thought it might be a good idea.
At the least hopefully it clears up why i targeted who I did.