WHO ARE THE REAL MONSTERS?!?!?!??!? MAFIA N5: nothing happened

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHO ARE THE REAL MONSTERS?!?!?!??!? MAFIA N5: nothing happened
Re: WHO ARE THE REAL MONSTERS?!?!?!??!? MAFIA D2: ONE DEATH??? IMPOSSIBLE
Originally posted on MSPA by MalkyTop.

I DON'T KNOW THE RULES OF MAFIA OKAY SHUT UP.

FINE 24 MORE HOURS THERE GRANTED.

OFFICIALLY BY THE MOD POWERS OF HEAVEN.

Malkyheaven.
Originally posted on MSPA by Boogeyman5870.

curiousCat Wrote:Malky
Generally when there's a replacement this close to deadline
we get another 24 hours or so
Generally people don't wrestle random players with their beards to determine whether or not they are a bear either. Regardless I would be extremely happy for another 24 hours so I don' potentially help lynch Aomeone off a coin flip
Originally posted on MSPA by Namboto.

EVERYONE I AM HERE AND TOTALLY NOT GONE

Pala, to elaborate further, I saw something in Pilot's posts that I thought was a reference to something I saw in my night-action flavor. Him knowing something like that did not fit with his claim, so I called him out on it after doing a quick search to confirm that it wasn't something mentioned elsewhere.

However, when I looked into it again, I saw that I had missed it and that it was, in fact, mentioned elsewhere (a lot).
(also it rhymes with where)

I admitted within my first post that I wasn't sure if he was scum or not, just that I suspected that he wasn't telling the truth (which I now think he is)

now, to answer seedy's question of who I want dead, that's actually a little bit weird for me right now, in that most everyone is talking but I'm not really seeing scum??
Or maybe everyone else is scum and I'm the only town
I am the last hope in the universe
it is me
[Image: NnZEHt4.png]

but no seriously I'm baffled right now. I mean, I don't like solaris as much but I don't really know if it's just because he's scum or if it's because he's not doing anything except maybe make me chortle a bit.

hmm, looking back through, the only stuff that really seems to jump out at me is the whole Anac:"I'm a miller" MV: "Anac's lying" thing
MV's now townfirmed (barring shenanigans) so there's really no scummy motivation there, however, that means that it's almost impossible for anac to check innocent, as he's either a truth-telling miller or a lying scum (I can't, for the life of me, think of a reason why town would lie about being a miller unless maybe them getting investigated meant death for them or something??)

regarding the poster formerly known as seastorm, either she was scum that didn't know how to act (unlikely for seastorm) or she just didn't have the time (town or scum, but honestly leaning town)

Dini has also not been saying things, and that concerns me because dini usually has great things to say

Strongest townreads
Palamedes
Berururu

scumreads???? (I don't even know)
Anacreon???????
Solaris?!?!????

???????????????????????
Ixcalibur
Dini

Glorious leader
Malky
Originally posted on MSPA by Solaris.

malky can't be the glorious leader she isnt Colonel Aureliano Buendia's grandmom
Originally posted on MSPA by MalkyTop.

The Glorious Leader is not at al affiliated with WHO ARE THE REAL MONSTERS MAFIA.
Originally posted on MSPA by Palamedes.

berururu Pilot is a poor man's Tea.

And by poor man I mean less preferable subject to lynch of the pair but still a thing that a couple of people have stated interest in.

Tell me they haven't spent all of their posts all day defending each other and insisting that Tea must totally definitely be town and how dare anyone doubt a vague flavour thing.
Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

You Are About 10 Seconds Away From Execution By Firing Squad Mafia: Every role is a different death.
Originally posted on MSPA by anacreon.

pssh my bear wrestling is amusing and you know it :P

anacreon Wrote:pssh my bear wrestling is amusing and you know it :P
Your bear wrestling is pretty much the greatest thing I have ever seen. Anyway I am home and starting to read and everything. Thanks for the extension Malky!

Halfway Through Update: Oh holy crap trying to get actual reads from this game is like trying to get blood from a stone. I love every bit of it though. Please bear with me as this is going to take longer than I thought.
Originally posted on MSPA by Luneix.

Boogeyman5870 Wrote:Please bear with me as this is going to take longer than I thought.
Geddit, "bear" ?

[img]images/smilies/mspa_face.gif[/img]

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by konec0.

Paranoia;7031510 Wrote:Therefore I theorize it is 99.9%* chance that these two are coaligned infected. [/font]

Yeah p. much
maybe not 99.9% but somewhat at least

Re: MV lynch
I had several hours left till dayend (I think by the time I actually posted that'd dropped to literally an hour), and at that point it was pretty clear that anything other than a Tea or MV lynch wasn't happening. So I ran through both's posts (#416), and generally I didn't like the Teawagon as much, so I tossed in my vote with the MV lynch.

Re: Silliness
Joking around is fine and dandy but we still gotta scumhunt mate

Re: your vote on Teawagon
I didn't enjoy the wagonhop, saying as much in #169.
Probably because
[quote="Paranoia"]He hopped all over mrbro for things with the thing where whatever mrbro did he was going to go and say AHAH ur scum mrbro.
this really feels like a) an assertion and b) that you're already assuming Tea is scum.
Actually, looking back, I'll admit that probably your D1 quirk had something to do with it because it was friggin annoying
Originally posted on MSPA by Agent1022.

Well, at the moment I'm glad we got another 24 hours, the way dayend is timed it means that I actually sleep right through it, and since my vote isn't actually on Tea and is in fact right now an abstention that would have ended...unfortunately.

Then again, it's true that even after a good showing at the beginning of the day, Tea hasn't...gained much further ground. I'd be hard-pressed to say that he hasn't lost any ground, since he resolutely seems unable to defend himself in a concrete manner. I suppose the only definite thing I can say right now is that I agree with Para's analysis that Pilot and Tea are likely coaligned, but I'd be more cautious about instantly pushing them both as scum. After all, Pilot's given us pretty much the only concrete claim we've got so far.

Which brings me on the possibility that Pilot is lying. As I've addressed, this brings us to some interesting implications, the first being a diagnosis of coaligned infected for Tea/Pilot. While it could be argued that lynching Pilot would be better if they're a scumdriver, they would also be a lying liar who lies if they were and could be lying about being a driver at all. My thoughts at the moment would be to lynch Tea and see which way they flip, and treat Pilot accordingly. I'm going to wait for them to offer up something substantial in their defense before making my decision on that front.

Schazer Wrote:Puking non-stop straight into death

Work for most of today so!Vote: Tea
In other news, Schazer's early morning last minute teawagoning is pretty durn suspicious. Point for towntea.

Going to consider the consequences of a lying Pilot now.

...and on votals, how is Lun voting twice?

MALKY I AM NOT SATISFIED WITH THESE VOTALS TAKE THEM BACK PLEASE

EBWOP: oh god dammit Unvote: A Killer Cuppa Tea oh wait that schazvote wouldn't have registered on the bot never mind

How about a ceasefire where all players in the game agree to cease all actions and let Anacreon wrestle us one by one so we can see what happens when he finally gets that bear? We could just pick up exactly here after we see that. Who loses in that situation? I mean besides the bear obviously. That bear is quite obviously in a lot of trouble should Anacreon and his beard ever get a hold of it. Alright, I'm sure you're all sick of seeing me talk about Anacreon's awesome powers for a while. Every post where you don't see me talking about them though, you should just assume that I had something about them typed up before I edited it out.

Anyway. Have any of you reread this thread? It's truly a wonder.

Right now I'm just going to give my opinions on Pilot, Solaris, and Tea since they are the most relevant. All of my reads are shaky with all of the shenanigans happening everywhere, so I'm going to take the night to firm them up. If you have anything you specifically want my thoughts on I will try and answer before day end though. Sleepyreads ahoy!

Tea - I don't like how he's completely disappeared after that rainbow list. It felt like he realized that he screwed it up, and then promised he was going to fix it. Then when he saw all the hate against him and that wall maybe he just decided to shut up and hope that the lynch ended up on Pilot. Maybe he doesn't have any confidence he'll be able to town his way out of this? This is all just speculation since it's nearly impossible to prove this kind of thing. The point I'm trying to make I think is that I don't really see how disappearing this close to deadline with such a close lynch could have town motivation.

Beyond that I think I see what most everyone else has mentioned before. I don't like the waffley stuff from posts like 379. I don't like the coy stuff in posts like the ones in the 560s. I don't trust the explanation of two kills being aimed at him (Have you seen the flavor in this game? I don't think it's exactly a reliable source of information as to what happened in the night).

Despite all of that I don't think I like this lynch that much. I actually liked Tea better coming off of TeaGuyGate. MV was acting all kinds of scummy, and I think his actions there D1 were incredibly justified. If I had been in the game I would have voted MV. In addition his posts had a tone of trying to get MV to understand what he was doing wrong (302, 325, 345, 346). To me that looks like Tea trying to get a town into gear and contributing, and what is the motivation for that as scum? In the other direction though 345 and 346 make his actions in D2 all the more baffling. It appears that he's throwing out his own advice.

Trying to figure out how I feel about him in this game is a rollercoaster. I think I could live with a Tealynch at this point, but I need to sleep on it. Unvote

There is way more I want to say on Pilot and Solaris, but honestly I am falling asleep writing this. I will finish it in the morning. I should be around for most of tomorrow to try and get more done.

Sleeepytimes hoooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Originally posted on MSPA by crepuscularDissembler.

Dragon Fogel Wrote:Boogeyman5870 has replaced seastormjt.
[Image: smugg.jpg]

anyways uh
Pala I agree Namboto looks bad but tbh you going "hey tea and pilot are terrible and all but let's lynch this other dude" gives mega bad vibes
we'll see if flips change that

otoh Namboto vote someone or I WILL kill you
plus those...scumreads...ugh......ok Pala we can lynch Namboto tomorrow
I mean hey Namboto if you think Solaris is scum then how do you feel about the Tea that Solaris has been relentlessly gunning for? also, how does this read on Solaris affect who you ship him with?

Tea where are you shouldn't you be taking off your pants right about now
Originally posted on MSPA by konec0.

FRIG WAIT HOW IS IT SO CLOSE TO DAYEND
where did my week GO

Paranoia Wrote:Therefore I theorize it is 99.9%* chance that these two are coaligned infected. [/font]
I should quantify that i agree with this in the case that Tea flips scum. (referring to Tea and Pilot)

Mirdini hasn't posted today
Namboto why is anacreon a scumread, how does that check out

Agent1022 Wrote:In other news, Schazer's early morning last minute teawagoning is pretty durn suspicious. Point for towntea.
how does this imply towntea if anything it reads scumschaz to me

i am so tired how much time do we have left

Well, if scumschaz then towntea? I might be reaching for a towntea, just because right now it could go either way and I'd really, really like him to demonstrate his innocence, but...

WE NEED SOME ACCURATE VOTALS MALKYYYY

I think we've got...about 11 hours left.
Originally posted on MSPA by Schazer.

Actch I am three things none of which are scum:

I am the ghost of Solaris past so to speak but with less magic-bagging

I might have gotten this close to losing my scholarship yesterday and am on shit creek's rank-ass knife edge for the next week or so

That may be compounded on by other eye-arr-ell engagements making me very touch and go with non-meatspace malarkey like this'ere endeavor

Which might be for the best for you Serious Mafia-lers because if I had the time to do it I'd just be another Solaris/Ixfolk?

My goals are independent of town/scum which conspires to lodge me in an impromptu shortage of shits to give about scumhunting anyway? Funny how that works out being up shit creek and all

If you think I'm playing a long con just know from my textual tone that I'm pecking thus out on my phone at a friend's 21st

Well, good we cleared that up. Schaz for third party!

Agent1022 Wrote:Going to consider the consequences of a lying Pilot now.
Why would Pilot lie if Tea is town?

He wouldn't. Thus coalignment of Tea/Pilot.
Originally posted on MSPA by Paranoia.

<span style="font-family: impact">

Good dAyCycycycycyle citizzzzzens!

I am sad to announce that I have come dowowowoooooooooowwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn WITH A CASE of the
Commie Flu and have had to take to rebOOting my system to remove it from my files. As a result I have been OFFLINE for most of the day.

But fear not! FC is here to help enforce fun. Do you know what isn't fun? Rotating Waffles Syndrome.
</span>

Agent1022 Wrote:Well, at the moment I'm glad we got another 24 hours, the way dayend is timed it means that I actually sleep right through it, and since my vote isn't actually on Tea and is in fact right now an abstention that would have ended...unfortunately.

Then again, it's true that even after a good showing at the beginning of the day, Tea hasn't...gained much further ground. I'd be hard-pressed to say that he hasn't lost any ground, since he resolutely seems unable to defend himself in a concrete manner. I suppose the only definite thing I can say right now is that I agree with Para's analysis that Pilot and Tea are likely coaligned, but I'd be more cautious about instantly pushing them both as scum. After all, Pilot's given us pretty much the only concrete claim we've got so far.

Which brings me on the possibility that Pilot is lying. As I've addressed, this brings us to some interesting implications, the first being a diagnosis of coaligned infected for Tea/Pilot. While it could be argued that lynching Pilot would be better if they're a scumdriver, they would also be a lying liar who lies if they were and could be lying about being a driver at all. My thoughts at the moment would be to lynch Tea and see which way they flip, and treat Pilot accordingly. I'm going to wait for them to offer up something substantial in their defense before making my decision on that front.

In other news, Schazer's early morning last minute teawagoning is pretty durn suspicious. Point for towntea.
<span style="font-family: impact">Several issues with this analYSIS, Troubleshooter Age-R-022-6. First, if you find someone SUSpicious despite their claims: <font color="goldenrod">Terminate Them. </font>Commie Mutant Traitors will often attempt to ride out their lies as long as they can without actually doing anything to root out Commie Mutant Traitors.

IntSec studies also suggest
CommIe MUTant Traitors will go quiet for periods of time hoping for attention to go to someone still talking. It is suggested you Terminate ThemGoing back and forth on whether or not they are a Commmmmmmieeemie Mutant Traitorortorotrort is not adequate. Waiting for a defense is not adequate, because chances are they will only talk under threat of termination.

Terminate (vote): Tea.

The reason I'd much rather lynch TehPilot basically boil down to a living COmmIE MUUUUUTANT TRAITOrwith his claimed mutation terrifies me. A COMMIE MUTANT TRAITOR with the driver mutation can theoretically kill anyone he wants to during the night cycle.

Have a good day cycycycycycycycycycyllllleeeeeeeeeeee....</span>

<span style="font-family: system">MALFUNCTION MALFUNCTION
PLEASE REBOOT YOUR Para0S SYSTEM.
</span>

Man Paranoia is going to be embarrassed when he sees what claim he followed. Or was that the error message?

Anyways, him defending Schaz is either really good on him (if she is in fact third party) or really bad (if she's scum). I guess we'll see later at some point?