Doodle or Die

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doodle or Die
RE: Doodle or Die
Cool.
I think one problem with being in a group is when you have too many chains going and not enough contributors. It's no fun if they all grind to a halt!
On the other hand, you guys are so many million times more awesome than random strangers.
I only used it a few times, because I'm not much of a doodler. (And even making sloppy doodles is a pain with only a laptop touchpad.) It was fun, though.
I keep proselytizing on IRC, but I'm sure people are tired of hearing about it from me. The biggest problem is that we don't really have 18 active members, so no chain will ever really finish (and most of them will start with me and/or thriggle).

It might be worth it to expand from eagle time to #grandbattle too. Or it might not! Even if we don't finish chains, they are pretty fun.
I did a pile of chains :3
When I play I usually play until I get to a new chain prompt, then I do one or two new chains but no more, so we don't have new chains being born faster than people can add to them. That's my hope, anyway!
[Image: n69ZD.png]
I have the most faves for doing this.
Haha, that's great!

I am always impressed when people take descriptions in a creative direction.
Dang it, I just hopped on for the heck of it, then it gave me new chains and before I knew it, I'd done something like a dozen.

I finally managed to escape, though. I'm safe... for now.
Guys, check out this group! Instead of describing what you see, you describe what happens next (you still draw descriptions as usual): https://doodleordie.com/g/1GeoQIbpw8
The EagleTime group is suddenly full of people who are apparently Not Us?
One chain was broken by somebody just so they could ask "Why is this feed called EagleTime?"
I'm not sure how I feel about this. It does mean that a lot of old, dead chains are suddenly seeing activity again.
The hell? Who invited outsiders?! We are supposed to be elitists goddammit we don't want to mingle with the /proles/
Well, we're a public group anyone can join. Apparently, the anyones found us.

That's easy enough to change if we want that - we can require moderator approval for people to join, or we can set it so the group doesn't show up publicly. Or both.

It's more a question of what we want the group to be, really. Do we want it to be a group that happens to be run by Eagle Timers, or do we want it to be a group for Eagle Timers to mess around in amongst themselves? There's no real problem with going either way, that's just the decision we're looking at.
Considering the original intention was for us, the Eagle Timers, to mess around in amongst ourselves, sequestered from the *plebians*, and also considering that there's no good way to tell the proles crawling in our space about Eagle Time without flagrantly abusing the chains, I'd vote elitism any day.
I don't even understand the point of a public group, why would you not just not be in a group to do that
But on the other hand, our group was kinda dead. And now it's much less so!

In other news, I'm quite disappointed by the new censorship policies:
[Image: i0akm.png]
This made a lot more sense before they replaced "fag" with "man".
The recent makeover to the site made groups discoverable. I've taken the liberty of making us hidden but still open to join.
https://doodleordie.com/c/5qelUby1mE
Thriggle, you got me to hop back on to Doodle or Die and then all my prompts were from you.

Clearly we need more people joining in.
I just hopped on and looked through all the chains I was in (as well as doing some new stuff) and was both very amused and a little sad that we don't have many people active in the group.

Go doodle some things, people!
My tablet is broken and I am not good enough an artist for people to spontaneously give me theirs ;-;
I never found the interface to be comfortable at all so i didn't really get into it. But that's mostly because i have trouble drawing anywhere else outside SAI :I, i guess i should give it another try.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
I don't have the time for this nonsense anymore. I have to focus my efforts on different nonsense.
You should all come draw wizards in my wizards room.
[Image: NSxGNdN.png]
I remember playing a game EXACTLY like this under a different name, a long time ago. It was called eat poop u cat, shortened to epuc.

The website is gone now. https://www.eatpoopucat.com/ I guess this may be the reincarnation?? I have a lot of the drawings I did for it saved somewhere on my computer; they had to be a specific size for you to upload them.

Here'a a bunch I found, nested under like 50 directories in my art folder, drawn circa 2010

SpoilerShow
[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
Those are great!

What a gross name for a website!