GBALD - SLOTS AVAILABLE IF INTERESTED

Okay this concept is probably extremely dumb and I am sorry in advance. How about a Grand Battle (a mini-grand) that is conducted in the same way as a Something A Little Different?

Okay so here's how this would work. We'd need thirteen people total. First person writes four profiles and introduction and sends them on to the second person. The second person writes the start of the round from all four perspectives and sends only that onto the third person. And so on, proceeding all the way until we have a conclusion to the battle.

Intros: 1
Round One: 2, 3, 4, 5
Round Two: 6, 7, 8, 9
Round Three 10, 11, 12, 13.

Writers 5, 9, 13 get in addition to the previous post a one line summary of who the Grandmaster is/their personality. Whatever. They end the round, selecting which of the characters dies and write a brief summary of the next one (except 13 who writes the character winning and a short epilogue).

Each post must contain some content for each of the characters still alive at that point simply in order to give the next writer something to work with. Everyone would try to stay in continuity as much as possible with what knowledge they have in their post, but if they don't manage it then that is part of the fun of things.

Anyone want in on this quite frankly ludicrous idea?

Spots:
INTROS
1. Ix/Cyber
ROUND ONE
2. Dragon Fogel
3. MrGuy
4. Whoosh!
5. Schazer
ROUND TWO
7. MUNCHMOLAR
ROUND THREE

SpoilerShow
Re: GBALD - A Disaster Waiting To Happen
Haaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha hahaaaaaaa
Oh wait you are serious?
THEN I WANT SPOT 9
That should be long enough for me to be settled in the DR and able to sneak in an insane roundend.
This is a terrible idea and I am in.
I can't stay away from a good trainwreck.
Hahaha god help me but I'm signing up.
Spots:
INTROS
1. Ix
ROUND ONE
2. Dragon Fogel
3. MrGuy
4. Whoosh!
ROUND TWO
9. Solaris
ROUND THREE

I'll slap myself in the intros spot, unless anybody else wants it. If anyone wants a particular spot then ask for it otherwise I'll just shuffle you around.
Um um um oh my god. I think I'll just go ahead and continue my tradition on being the last one on the list.
I have no idea how this is supposed to work but I'll figure it out! Stick me somewhere intermediate!
Oh shit yes spot 5 please and thank you.
Oh man. I'll take spot 1 from you if that's okay, because if there's anything I like to do, it's make profiles.
Spots:
INTROS
1. Ix/Cyber95
ROUND ONE
2. Dragon Fogel
3. MrGuy
4. Whoosh!
5. Schazer
ROUND TWO
6. Agent
9. Solaris
ROUND THREE
13. MalkyTop

Now that I think about it, if I'm to be involved (and i do want to be) it has to be spot 1 because of obvious reasons. Plus I've already written up one and a half profiles. How about we go splits and make two profiles each? This seems reasonable and also in the spirit of the thing. If not then I'll step out and use these profiles somewhere else.
Oh, what the heck. Drop me in... let's say spot 10, please?
Yes, that sounds fair.
Spots:
INTROS
1. Ix/Cyber95
ROUND ONE
2. Dragon Fogel
3. MrGuy
4. Whoosh!
5. Schazer
ROUND TWO
6. Agent
9. Solaris
ROUND THREE
10. Pinary
13. MalkyTop

Four more people. Also I have my two profiles ready. PM me when you have yours cyber. I think when I have them I will start this thing rolling, even though we aren't full up yet. I don't think this will be the fastest thing ever so I don't see that being a problem.
I'll take spot seven.
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
Re: GBALD - 3 Spots Left - Round One
And we're off.

This is going to be fun.
Re: GBALD - 3 Spots Left - Round One
Minion
Put me somewhere!
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
Re: GBALD - 2 Spots Left - Round One
You have my sword and my bow and my axe
Re: GBALD - 2 Spots Left - Round One
Elpie Wrote:You have my sword and my bow and my axe

And my vuvuzela!

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
Re: GBALD - 1 Spots Left - Round One
I'll slip into spot 11, if you have no objection Ix. I'll be like the last book in your home library that fits right into place with every shelf now completely full. When that happens, the correct adjective to use is Kentucky, as in "the puzzle piece fit nice and kentucky".
Is observing my own pattern of behavior of observing my own patterns of behavior a mental fractal or just navel gazing? Please advise.
Re: GBALD - FULL UP - Round One
Okay we have a full roster, the only thing to do at the moment is to pester Fogel to get the first update done.
I'll get it done! I'm just kind of stumped on how to kick it off.
I remember you were saying to Godbot when he was trying to kick off Sir Cedric in VD that the first post is easy (I'm paraphrasing). It's setting up precisely where someone is, what they think about the battle as a whole. Do that then maybe add in some ways to interact with the environment and there you go.

Incidentally I came to the realization that this is more tough than a normal GB due to the fact that you have nobody to talk about it with and have come to the conclusion that whoever is writing can always PM me to bounce ideas off me or something. Admittedly for people later in the process I won't really be able to tell them very much in case I give away any unknown information, but I'm guessing it's better than nothing if you are having a tough time.
There, it's sent. This is finally moving!
To me, this will always be seen as "Grand BALD Eagle Time".