ZooStuck 4: ZooStuck Mafia - Day 10: Murder Production Substantially Up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZooStuck 4: ZooStuck Mafia - Day 10: Murder Production Substantially Up
RE: ZooStuck 4: ZooStuck Mafia - Day 10: Murder Production Substantially Up
Ix, you don't seem very interested in, um, a mafia game? What is, um, what sort of meta bullshit is this.

Kay, um, I don't, um. Um. What even is the deal?

Um.

I'm not going to make my win condition anyway, so, um, um.

Vote:Ix
That's a hammer.

The actual end of game may take a while to put together. Please hold.
[Image: 055.gif]

[Image: 056.gif]

[Image: 057.gif]

[Image: 058.gif]

[Image: 059.gif]

[Image: 060.png]

[Image: 061.png]

[Image: 062.png]

[Image: 063.png]

[Image: 064.png]

[Image: 065.png]

Graveslam: Ixcaliber
"We apologize for the delay, there was an error in the paperwork and we had to... oh. Looks like that's been taken care of! Now, let's see where Ixcaliber's allegiances lay."

(05-10-2016, 12:25 AM)Xindaris Wrote: »-A "roguelike" adventure but after the player-character dies, the next player-character shows up at the exact time the first player-character showed up and can interfere with the first player-character. And the same thing for all future player-characters, all of them are additions to the first timeline. It's possible to prevent a previous player character from dying (as quickly) by altering the timeline this way, and it's possible to recruit the "rescued" former player-character into your party. And of course, this being "roguelike"-inspired, this is necessary to handle some otherwise impossible situations.

Somewhere along the line, Ixcaliber had acquired a strange power to create new party members in a life-threatening situation, but it was difficult to use.

Each night, they could select one player. If that player tried to kill them, then a new party member would emerge and fight off the attacker. That party member would also serve as an extra life for Ix from then on.

Ixcaliber was unconcerned with the fate of the company. They just wanted to get three additional party members so they could explore the dungeon. What dungeon? We don't know, but apparently there was one.

"Hmm. Not a loyal shareholder, but not exactly hostile either. They weren't the troublemaker we were looking for. Which means it must be one of you two!"

The Powerpoint screen suddenly turned around to face the last two remaining shareholders and... oh, wait, Kaynato just stabbed AgentBlue. Guess that's settled, then.

(03-03-2016, 06:50 AM)AgentBlue Wrote: »You can speed up time for free, but slowing it down costs you life essence.

AgentBlue had the power to speed up time freely, and had used it so recklessly that the entire universe was sped up. Of course, nobody realized this because everything else was moving at double speed too.

In an attempt to fix this problem, AgentBlue could strain themselves to use the other part of their power: slowing time down. They could slow down one person's action, moving it from night to day.

They had this vague idea that slowing down somebody who died the same night would release time energy or something and that would somehow fix everything if they did it three times. So that was Agent's win condition.

AgentBlue was technically aligned with the town.

Now there was just one shareholder left. But who was Kaynato, really?

(05-29-2016, 05:59 AM)GuardianTempest Wrote: »First there was Waterworks, then there was Steelworks followed by Powerworks. Now comes...

Show

Kaynato was in the late stages of a quest to destroy Todd Howard. Unfortunately, there were a few complications.

The first was that Todd Howard was already dead. Most people would consider this adequate revenge, but Kaynato had far crueler fates in mind than mere death. So there was only one course of action: die, and pursue Howard in the afterlife.

This lead to the second complication: immortality.

The quest to destroy Todd Howard had granted Kaynato several Daedric artifacts, which when used together made their wearer completely indestructible. However, those artifacts had also fused with Kaynato, and they had a will of their own.

For the most part that will was "kill people, we don't care who". Consequently, each night Kaynato had to make a kill.

They were hard to kill, but the Daedric artifacts themselves were not as well-protected. If Kaynato were attacked three times, that would be enough to break the enchantments and kill them, allowing their vendetta against Todd Howard to continue and granting them a victory.

Being flung out into the void would be of no help, of course, so they had to try not to get lynched.

Kaynato was a hostile third-party. They were not aligned with the conspiracy, but had to be dealt with for the town to claim victory. Spoiler alert, that didn't happen.

"Well, it seems Kaynato is the sole shareholder of the Will Smith Corporation, which of course means they have a controlling interest. This company is now in your cruel and unforgiving hands.

Oh, but before you tell us what you're doing with your company, our background checks are in on Paranoia and Wheat.

Paranoia Wrote:YOU ARE PARANOIA, YOU HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE WHAT ANY OF THIS MEANS AND YOU JUST SHOWED UP WITH NO CONTEXT AND NOT A WHIT OF A CARE. YOU'RE HERE TO DO WHAT YOU DO BEST - RUIN SOMEONES DAY COMPLETELY OUT OF LEFT FIELD AT YOUR WHIM. AND LAUGH AT THEM.

LOUDLY.

NO LOUDER, LAUGH LOUDER, DAMN IT.

Paranoia did not actually read the application instructions and just sent in a PM with the above text. Which became his role.

Paranoia had the ability to pop up on someone out of nowhere, becoming the target of their night action. His goal was to ruin someone's day by preventing their win condition with his action, whether it was his normal action or got changed by other abilities.

He was technically aligned with the town. It will surprise no one that he used his action on Schazer and got brutally murdered for his trouble.

As for Wheat...

(06-22-2016, 09:51 PM)Colby Wrote: »You are a fish.

That's it. Thats the plot. You're a fish what more do you want.

Wheat was a fish. That's it.

Okay, so there was a bit more. Wheat joined the conspiracy on a vague offer of revenge, not that they knew what they were getting revenge for. But their only real aspiration was to let everyone know they were a fish.

Anyone Wheat visited or who visited Wheat would be informed that Wheat was a fish. Wheat would win if at any point, half of the living players had been so informed of fishiness.

And guess what? Agent knew, so in that brief moment between the graveslam and Kaynato concluding the game, Wheat won.

Congratulations.

Night actions, full winner list, and quicktopic links will come tomorrow.
Before I get on to the summary of actions, a note on a special behind-the-scenes mechanic.

There were three spirits: the Pope, the Dragon, and the Moon. I came up with these due to earthexe's chosen idea, and they helped fill in win conditions for a few roles I didn't know what to do with.
Before getting to Earthexe, I had worked out that OrangeAipom's role involved hunting the spirit of Bill Gates and I'd come up with some mechanics for how to find it. I consolidated Bill Gates with the dragon; the other two happened to be good thematic fits with a52's religious flavor and Sruix's dream flavor.
Then I made it Akumu's goal to give hugs to all three of them.

Anyways, the actual mechanics of spirits were mostly pretty simple. I'd start them in three random players (none of whom were the players whose win conditions involved with them). Then, the spirits would move to whoever their current host targeted.
Of course, a spirit might end up in a dead player. If this happened, they would be inherited by whoever cast the last vote during the day. I guess if there had been a day with no votes, the spirits would have been absent.

If Akumu hugged someone with a spirit, he'd take it instead of whoever it would normally go to.
If the spirit settled in the person who was looking for it, it would stay there.
If earthexe used the correct action on a spirit, it would be exorcised and taken out of the game. This wouldn't affect the win condition of the person looking for it.

The Moon spirit started at Kieros, the Dragon spirit started at Agent, and the Pope spirit started at DS Piron.

Oh, one more thing. Reyweld's alignment was Town at the start of the game. Not that he knew this.

So now let's move on to the actions.

Action Summary:

N1:
SpoilerShow

D2:
SpoilerShow

Ongoing status stuff: (doing this after days due to potential for time shenanigans to affect it)
SpoilerShow

N2:
SpoilerShow

D3:
SpoilerShow

Ongoing Status Stuff:
SpoilerShow

N3:
SpoilerShow

D4:
SpoilerShow

Ongoing Status Stuff:
SpoilerShow

N4:
SpoilerShow

D5:
SpoilerShow

Ongoing Status Stuff:
SpoilerShow

N5:
SpoilerShow

D6:
SpoilerShow

Ongoing Status Stuff:
SpoilerShow

N6:
SpoilerShow

D7:
SpoilerShow

Ongoing status stuff:
SpoilerShow

N7:

SpoilerShow

D8:
SpoilerShow

Ongoing status stuff:
SpoilerShow

N8:
SpoilerShow

D9:
SpoilerShow

Ongoing status stuff:
SpoilerShow

N10:
SpoilerShow

D10:
SpoilerShow

Whew! That was a lot of stuff happening behind the scenes, and some of it was pretty ridiculous. So! Let's tally up our winners and losers.

SCOREBOARD

WINNERS:
The Serial Killer faction wins. (even though its only member loses)
AgentBlue wins due to a ruling I forgot about pulling them over the finish line. Hooray, somehow time is back to normal!
Sruixan wins due to the moon finding its way to him.
Not The Author wins because I can't count.
Wheat wins because one out of two people knew they were a fish.
Kieros wins due to finishing that old classic game, Godel Escher Bach.
Akumu wins due to a last-minute rule change to bring his action in line with a different ruling.

Wait... what's this?

Wheat in deadchat Wrote:If i win, i will give my win to ixcaliber. I will "spawn" upsteam to lay the "eggs" of victory in ixcaliber's "inventory".

So apparently, Ixcaliber has won instead of Wheat! Congratulations, apparently!

LOSERS:

The Town and Conspiracy factions have both lost.
Reyweld has lost because a faction he couldn't join won. Tough luck there!
Schazer has lost and the demons destroyed the world. Whoops.
a52 has lost due to never getting the Pope's spirit.
OrangeAipom has lost due to failing to devour Bill Gates.
DS Piron has lost due to being roleblocked only once.
Paranoia only managed to get himself killed, which didn't spoil anyone else's win condition.
Sleepy/Granola/Chwoka only managed to give one guest star a chance to shine.
Shredded only got two-thirds of the way to understanding love.
earthexe kicked a dragon in the teeth and punched the Pope in the face, but never punted the moon into the sun.
Wheat forfeited a win to Ixcaliber.
Robust Laser only heard one "fuck".
Kaynato didn't even come close to dying.

That's everyone, right?

Oh, wait, no. What about qwerx3?

Hmm, had to fail seven win conditions. Let's take a closer look:

SpoilerShow

That's eight win conditions failed! So qwerx3 has also won! Congratulations!

Quicktopics:
can't believe I literally won by the grace of god
The way things were going for you, I wouldn't be surprised if you won anyways
[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
i just wanted to mess around with dumb time mechanics...

thanks wheat you are a winner in my eyes and also for real and