Subforum Ideas Topic: The Quorum Quorner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Subforum Ideas Topic: The Quorum Quorner
RE: New and Less Shitty Subforum Ideas Topic
Oh yeah, I don't think anybody's advocating punishment of any sort. I sure hope I didn't come off as calling for heads. I meant more that we need to actually address whether or not we think this should be allowed for the future, which I argue that it shouldn't be.
I'd like to filibuster any mod actions being carried out in the forum until Loather herself has a chance to check in.
I am all for proposal th31re-b. I was a little annoyed last night but w/e that was momentary. Really now I just want the clutter to be cleared.

I do want heads, though. Not any specific heads. Just bring me heads from anywhere you can find them.
I'm with Slorange on questioning the necessity of any mod action in this particular case.

Mehg's point does have merit though, and cleaning identical/functionally identical threads up seems like the neatest solution.

I'd vote for th31re-b now but I do agree with Schaz that I'd rather let Loather check in and give thoughts on the whole dealie first if possible.
do whatever imo
if someone posts 20 banner threads then what happens is nobody replies to them and the regular threads return to the front page as soon as anyone cares to post in them, I don't see that it really interferes with much of anything at all
No? I don't think it's fair to analogize the posts of a bot designed by someone unconnected to the forum to the posts of an actual user. The bot wants to sell us something; the user is trying through the medium of multiple posts or threads to make a point or a joke or otherwise express something. I don't think we need to dissect the dialectics and codify anything to make reasonable decisions as similar-but-distinct events like this happen. I don't see the utility in taking an action in this specific case or in establishing hard rules for potential repeats.
Actually agreeing with Slorange on further thought, let Hawkspace anarchy reign.
It's inconvenient to have several identical empty threads clustered together.

It may not be a huge or common inconvenience, since not everybody's going to archive-browse Hawkspace every day, but it is an inconvenience to everyone who will, for whatever reason, decide to do that.

That is a very minor utility, it's true. But as far as I can see, it's more beneficial than "don't do anything", and nobody has offered me a reason to change my mind on that.

I don't even mean "has given me a reason I disagree with", I mean "there's no reason at all". "We don't actually need to" isn't really a reason on its own, since you can say it about almost any action at all.
i don't see the benefit of merging over duplication, but again, my official stance is to just do whatever you want

i mean it's cool if you just leave the threads too, hawkspace is all about chaos over functionality; just see the old ideas topic, heh heh h
I don't really have a strong preference for merging over deleting, I suppose. Either way it limits the inconvenience.

I'm still voting for delete but if there's a preference for merging I'll change my vote to that.
proposing h0rnets: i get a soul and feel like a real person capable of more than imitation
signature
(03-17-2016, 11:15 PM)Geoluhread Wrote: »proposing h0rnets: i get a soul and feel like a real person capable of more than imitation

proposition denied
Loather's jumped in like I wanted, so:

I'm against deleting content for as long as this is a forum and not a USB stick and space isn't a concern - even if there are issues with how exactly that content is spaced out.

Ergo, my vote's to merge all identical threads which currently have zero replies with some kind of explanation that this was the result of a threadmake spree. Not all the threads though 'cuz Reyweld's already doing things thoroughly in the most positive spirit of Hawkspace and trying to make entertaining things happen in some of 'em.
RE: SUBFORUM IDEAS TOPIC: THE QUORUM QUORNER
THE PROPOSAL Specific Rollback Rider VVa9 Vote (FROM SEVERAL MONTHS AGO) HAS PASSED. I HAVE AWOKEN AND DONE THE THING WITH SPLITTING THE OLD THREAD:

SpoilerShow

THE PROPHECY HAS BEEN FULFILLED. PLEASE STAY SAFE AND BUY CHEAP OXYCODONE
RE: Subforum Ideas Topic: The Quorum Quorner
I don't have any objection to either of those things, so Vote: Petey a and b.
here's my counter-proposal: anarchy
You must be registered to view this content.
no gods no kings no pharmdrugs
Yes to petey a and b
Sig:
SpoilerShow
[Image: anarchy.gif]
aye for petey
Sure, Petey can stay. As long as he's not secretly the recurring boss from the Mario Series of Video Mario Games
I cannot vote for or against petey because I don't understand it.
signature
(03-18-2016, 03:12 PM)Jacquerel Wrote: »[Image: anarchy.gif]