Eagle Time
Subforum Ideas Topic: The Quorum Quorner - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: BAWK BAWK (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Hawkspace (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Subforum Ideas Topic: The Quorum Quorner (/showthread.php?tid=1354)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Subforum Ideas Topic: The Quorum Quorner - pharmdrugs - 10-09-2014

This is the topic where we come up with ideas for rules, customs, official tribal tattoos, official song, mascot, cheer routine and more

[Image: JOQcam3.gif?1]

Votes must be approved in the following way:
SpoilerShow

Past rule changes: change to the voting system Petey.
Change to Hawkspace Rules LOCKPICK.

Past actions:
SpoilerShow

New and Less Shitty Subforum Ideas Topic - Schazer - 01-15-2016

(to be re-leadered as needed)

RE: New and Less Shitty Subforum Ideas Topic - Loather - 01-15-2016

first

im in favor of locking it but not deleting the last post

this motion is 6abb84323-A, and it is superior

i'm in favor of 6abb84323 if people prefer it over 6abb84323-A though

RE: New and Less Shitty Subforum Ideas Topic - AgentBlue - 01-15-2016

The issue is now moot.

RE: New and Less Shitty Subforum Ideas Topic - Schazer - 01-18-2016

but wheat I FORGOT which is criminal because all I remember is that it was really good

RE: New and Less Shitty Subforum Ideas Topic - Schazer - 01-18-2016

I would vote in favour of 6abb84323; bigro made a short and entertaining thread and it should be preserved as a positive role model for bigros everywhere.

RE: New and Less Shitty Subforum Ideas Topic - OTTO - 01-18-2016

You must be registered to view this content.

RE: New and Less Shitty Subforum Ideas Topic - Reyweld - 03-16-2016

Motion to have many of the identical loather banner threads deleted. I am calling this bill th31re.

I think if we went with that, we should make it any threads past 4 get merged.

(This proposal is th32re-a)

Because who doesn't post four threads every once and a while. Within 3 hours. *cough* reyweld *cough*.

However, I don't think that this is a good solution as of right now.

The thread count itself isn't the problem, I just don't want them to be identical with no reward for looking at all of them.

RE: New and Less Shitty Subforum Ideas Topic - OTTO - 03-16-2016

You must be registered to view this content.

RE: New and Less Shitty Subforum Ideas Topic - a52 - 03-16-2016

I vote th32re-a, on the condition that any merged threads are renamed to something insulting.

(03-16-2016, 02:13 PM)a52 Wrote: »I vote th32re-a, on the condition that any merged threads are renamed to something insulting.

Would you settle for the name being an amalgamation of the merged threads, with the word Croissant at the front?

RE: New and Less Shitty Subforum Ideas Topic - SleepingOrange - 03-16-2016

I don't like any of this tbph

In what way are we harmed by clicking on some threads? Hawkspace is supposed to be a way to experiment with expression, and this reads as a way of discouraging that for very little gain. If you don't want to read a bunch of too-similar threads, just read the threads you do want to then mark the forum as read. This isn't such a busy site that being bumped off the front page is instant death for a thread; just chillax, folks.

e: man this is so counter to what my opinions used to be, and I used to take such pride in being unchanging. What a dope!

ee cummings: I used to hate (seriously, hate) The Most Forgotten Pokemon because I thought it was dumb and I resented it for incorrectly (to me) marking a forum as unread when it was a thread I didn't care about at all. But that's so silly! It takes less than a second to confirm and mark things correctly. I don't let it bother me anymore because I feel it's foolish to.

In what way were we harmed by Bigro's Post to post thread?

Actually I don't want to debate this. I retract my vote for bill th32re.

RE: New and Less Shitty Subforum Ideas Topic - Jacquerel - 03-16-2016

free loather 2016
all threads should be loather's threads

I wasn't, Reyweld. I think I was in the wrong then.

RE: New and Less Shitty Subforum Ideas Topic - a52 - 03-16-2016

(03-16-2016, 03:09 PM)Wheat Wrote: »yeah let's n ot be insulting. only mildly dismissive at most

pfft, what are you, some kind of NICE PERSON

only assholes are allowed in hawkspace

Meloncholy W-what about me?

EDIT: This was my 1000th post.

[Image: RdZZnCH.gif]

Now that I feel bad about, but at least it was a great use of a reaction image

I dunno, I think we as a community made the wrong decision, but that's not a value judgement on us as a whole or any individual person in the group. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes, but it doesn't make you bad. It seems like I'm coming across as a lot more judgemental than I intend to.

Nope. You have just the right amount of judgmental.

Also, I think we made the right decision, and only because Bigro wanted post count as opposed to expression. With Loather, its harder to tell.

RE: New and Less Shitty Subforum Ideas Topic - Mehgamehn - 03-16-2016

Slorange, I do not think your points aren't salient, nor are the "wrong" in any sense. But I fear that you're conflating personal concern for Loather with what should be acceptable behavior. Loather, as can be seen in the 2 am thread, has been going through some sort of breakdown in the past 24 hours. And Loather, whenever you're reading this, I hope you're doing better. I also hope that if something is straight up overwhelming you, that you seek qualified help, because despite everyone's good intentions, I do not think you're going to be able to find the help you need in a GenChat thread on a forum full of people who aren't sure what the heck they're doing in life either. You're a cool person, especially on IRC where you're very fun to talk to, and nobody wants to see you hurting like that. Please don't take my dissenting opinion on this as an attack on you, its not.

But, my opinion is, if this is a forum where you can post nothing but the Eagletime banner in a dozen threads, then this isn't a shitposting forum this is a spam forum. And maybe its okay this time, because it was over so quickly and because we know that Loather meant no ill intent. But its a bad precedent to allow someone to spam, no matter how cool they are.

RE: New and Less Shitty Subforum Ideas Topic - Dragon Fogel - 03-16-2016

I don't think there's a need for any sort of punishment, but those threads do interfere with the functionality of the forum. It's actively harder to browse when there's a big chunk of identical threads clumped together.

So I say we keep this simple and go with Reyweld's th31re, just delete the threads.

More specifically, I would like to clarify this as "delete the banner threads that do not have any replies at the time of this motion". I don't know if clarifying it in this way needs a new label, if it does I will call it th31re-b.

I don't see a need to work out a larger policy right now, let's just clean up the excess threads promptly.