Adventurers plops, ripe for the grabbing

Adventurers plops, ripe for the grabbing
RE: Adventurers plops, ripe for the grabbing
First there was Waterworks, then there was Steelworks followed by Powerworks. Now comes...

Show
You live in a town with TV drama cops who always toe the line just enough to catch the criminal at the last minute; a rich couple who always stumbles into crimes and winds up solving them; a mystery novel writer who draws inspiration from real mysteries she happens to solve, and draws inspiration to solve those mysteries from her writings; a DA who sometimes solves crimes he winds up prosecuting, and always gets a conviction unless he's up against one of the ENTIRE FIRM of criminal defense lawyers who are famous for catching the real culprit in every murder case they take, who in turn have on the payroll a ridiculously good detective agency that can practically find anyone or anything they're asked to find.

You need to get away with a murder.
(05-30-2016, 01:56 AM)Xindaris Wrote: »You need to get away with a murder.

uhh easy, just kill all of them

e: oh damn that's a murder

well i don't think people will mind either way how many victims you have

also, why dont u just hire the entire team of criminal lawyers?
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
They're like Perry Mason. They can almost magically smell a liar from a mile away and only defend people they believe are innocent.

The idea is that the main character is stuck in allll of the whodunnit shows at once, but still needs to get away with murder for some reason. I think I forgot to also mention the reclusive socially awkward supergeniusatsolvingthings and the two or three people with semi- and/or psuedo-mystical powers like talking to ghosts or pretending to read people's minds that can help them solve crimes too.

Killing all the crimesolvers is a valid plan if you can make it work, but it's also probably the hardest route to go because it makes it obvious what happened and a lot of these people are used to defending themselves. I guess you could try to assemble a team of various assorted recurring villains to work with you, but all of them are super mastermind double-crosser types and some of them are too insane to even be helpful in the first place.
You are a robot, that runs on love! But you aren't really sure what that is... you've always had a human taking care of you but now that they've expired you must search for a new source of love, before it's too late!
Sig:
SpoilerShow
well from that standpoint the adventure seems impossible w/o like save points and reloads :S
As a test pilot for the USAF, you're no stranger to danger, so one day when your experimental plane breaks apart over the Mojave, you keep your cool & eject. Just in time too. Without a direct connection to the control computer anymore, the experimental gravity field generator aboard your jet destabilizes & explodes. The tremendous G-forces of the whole experience cause you to black out.

You wake up strapped into your ejection seat & draped in parachute. The site that greets you as you lift it over your head doesn't register for several seconds. You're dumbstruck. You are in a densely forested mountainous region rather than the desert. Your GPS doesn't work, your cell has no reception, your radio is silent on all channels. There are no contrails in the sky, & no sign of human civilization past or present from horizon to horizon.

You see some of your plane's wreckage in the distance. Survive. Figure out what happened to you. Try to get home.
-You work at the Gap between dimensions. Which is literally a clothing store, between dimensions. All kinds of creatures want to use your store to go from one dimension to another, and it's up to you and your band of wacky coworkers to enforce the store's strict "No dimension crossing unless you buy something first" policy. Also occasionally the somewhat less strict "No bathroom unless you really seriously intend to buy something afterward" policy as well.

-Hey, are you an adventure author who loves figuring out loads and loads of background logistical stuff? If so, you should totally make an Atelier-series fan adventure! It would be amazing!
an adventure titled "This Adventure Will Self Destruct in 72 Hours" in which the main character has 72 real time hours to prevent the apocalypse or the adventure/thread is forever deleted.

To properly execute such an event the author should be somewhat dedicated to not sleeping for three days (stockpile redbull) or have an alternate artist take over when they need to tap out. Also i think the whole site would need to get hyped for such an event to assure that the necessary amount of suggestions to keep the story going for 3 days.

..there are a lot of logistical problems with this adventure but I really would love to do it/see it happen.
Hi there! I'd really appreciate it if you took some time to read my adventure Madeline Beaufort and the Moon Thief! Thanks!
[Image: 8zbr3I4.png]
Dope ass dragon created by the incomparable Earthexe
Oh no, sleep deprivation and energy drinks are a lethal mix. I think a better alternative would be to make an update buffer and "cheat" by posting panels that correspond closely to the suggestions.
You are a professional rocket car racer living on Deadly Poison Gas Planet. Nobody knows why people have come to live on such a dead barren world, but everyone knows that rocket car drivers are the coolest people ever. Continue being mega rad while also not dying.
(06-15-2016, 05:17 AM)Bobert Wrote: »Oh no, sleep deprivation and energy drinks are a lethal mix. I think a better alternative would be to make an update buffer and "cheat" by posting panels that correspond closely to the suggestions.

I cant find any evidence online that this is true, but plenty of research to indicate that if i/anyone else were to do this I/they might temporarily go insane, which might only increase the artistic quality of the adventure. If this is true i'd like to see the research though, i dont think anyone should endanger themselves for what should be a fun adventure.

The Caffeine Calculator website says with my weight I can consume 5 8oz redbulls per day, and it would take 119 to kill me. Anecdotally i've made it two days doing this sort of thing while drawing before.
Hi there! I'd really appreciate it if you took some time to read my adventure Madeline Beaufort and the Moon Thief! Thanks!
An episodic murder mystery series, but the investigators are children & the cops don't know who keeps on solving all these murders.
(06-15-2016, 09:46 PM)Colby Wrote: »
(06-15-2016, 05:17 AM)Bobert Wrote: »Oh no, sleep deprivation and energy drinks are a lethal mix. I think a better alternative would be to make an update buffer and "cheat" by posting panels that correspond closely to the suggestions.

I cant find any evidence online that this is true, but plenty of research to indicate that if i/anyone else were to do this I/they might temporarily go insane, which might only increase the artistic quality of the adventure. If this is true i'd like to see the research though, i dont think anyone should endanger themselves for what should be a fun adventure.

The Caffeine Calculator website says with my weight I can consume 5 8oz redbulls per day, and it would take 119 to kill me. Anecdotally i've made it two days doing this sort of thing while drawing before.
Hahah weird, apparently a lethal dose of redbulls would be 122 for me, so I got you beat by 3 cans.
SpoilerShow
A world where reverse cyborgs exist, robots that graft the limbs and tissue of living and formerly living beings to themselves and somehow make it work. The limbs become alive again and even grow under specific circumstances.
Aren't Terminators reverse cyborgs?
You are a fungus. Your job is to infect an ant, take over her brain, force her to climb to a high twig, and clamp her jaws down on it, so you will be in the best position to release your spores, which will do the same thing all over again.

But what will you do when the ants wise up to your ways and start killing & burying your hosts to prevent the spread?
Nojime Noriaki is your adverage Japanese Highschooler, who recently has been working for the last 7 days non-stop at his job, causing many people around him concern, including his mother Halley. She calls her father, Nolan Norington for assistance, and along with him he brings his egyptian friend Hamet Garent, who are about to reveal to him the magical power of Seats.

[Reverse Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.]
You are a fish.

That's it. Thats the plot. You're a fish what more do you want.
You are a fish and you want to evolve into a dinosaur.

You are a dinosaur and you want to evolve into a reptiloid.

You are a reptiloid and you want to make money by being a space plumber.
you are a person on eagletime with a gun to your head, forced to come up with new adventure ideas in the "Adventure Plops, ripe for the grabbing" or face death by your abductor.
There is a door that the protagonist must go through in order to advance the plot.

However, any suggestions that directly involve the door will be completely ignored by the author.
i think this is too easy. I would simply describe the actions one would take in order to open a door, rather than making any reference to any features of it.

ex. move forward. move your hand forward. If your hand touches something spherical or oval-ish, it is to grab it and make a turning motion. your hand is to then make a pulling motion. move forward.

the end.
You move forward and... whoops, you walked into something. Ow, that hurts! Maybe you were moving a little too quickly there.

(what, you think the author is going to just cooperate with your attempts to game the system?)
yes :v
Skyrim, but with ghost dogs
INTERNATIONAL LEAGUE OF FUZZBUZZLERS: ATTACK OF THE MARMALADE
Elephants vs. Fascists
Imitation cheese spread adventure
Bats take Manhattan