Eagle Time Secret Santa 2016

2016 has been a harsh year in many ways, so let's try to send it off with some kindness to our fellow forumgoers.

(Which there are quite a few more of this year. Old-timers like me have seen both familiar faces return and new people taking up root this year, and I couldn't be happier to have you all around.)

So! It's Secret Santa time. As usual, Plaid and I will be co-running this, and we are willing to provide backup gifts if your Secret Santa can't get something together by February.

Basically, we're going to have a list of people, and then randomly assign you to someone else on the list, and it will be your responsibility to secretly get a gift for them! It's fun times for all, especially if you share your gifts with the world afterwards.

We expect most gifts to be digital, be it artwork, writing, or perhaps music or something even more ambitious. But if you want to send something through the mail, then let us know and we'll ask the recipient for you, and get their address to you if they're willing to share it.

Signups will last until the 7th of December. There's no particular limit to the number of participants, so sign up now if you're interested.

1. Dragon Fogel
2. Plaid
3. Kíeros
4. Gatr
5. sleepy
6. a52
7. Schazer
8. Kaynato
9. learning-timebuster
10. Jacquerel
11. Stovie
12. btp
13. Robust Laser
14. PalFish
RE: Eagle Time Secret Santa 2016
Sure, I'll do this again!

Expect music. Lots of music.
EDIT: Probably should put this in
(12-02-2015, 04:32 AM)Kíeros Wrote: »I'm a big fan of cute things too (Although my cute may be a bit broad. Like big, giant abominations of science and nature. SUPER CUTE). Also a big fan of Pokémon. But I'd be happy with pretty much any gift I would receive; I just want to help give out stuff.
🐦🐙🐙[Image: nifOFwR.png]🐙🐙
Well now I feel silly getting the year correct after getting it wrong last year.

I guess this one is a rerun?
i don't see why not. i've contributed to the last 2.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
im game
SpoilerShow
I'll sign up, although I'm not sure where my creative abilities are at the moment. (I might program something instead? Idk)

I like space, computer science, anything from the late 19th century through WWI, terrifying abominations, and weird, silly stuff (think officequest/trol seasson/lt. fish's average tumblr post).
Yeah I'm in!

If you're not sure what I'm into (it's birds and bugs) ask any of the folks I'm dating for hot tips
I am one of said folks :D

I like pokemon and my comic and paper (if you're sending physical things).

I'm also v keen on overwatch as you may have deduced from my icon
[Image: WEdy1pW.png] [Image: cyTsdj6.png]
[Image: 30058_799389.png]
Sign me up! I'll be using the local Maker facility :)
i'd like to sign up if i can

i like weird bugs and abyssal looking stuff, also my tumblr's inspiration and aesthetic tags should give some insight on some of the other stuff im into

EDIT: if youre looking for a particular oc to draw or something, i recommend bianka, who has also been drawn by grimharlequin off-site here
Sure, I guess I'll be in this year

My interests could probably be picked up from my blog or something, but if you're struggling for ideas I guess something based on my D&D campaign would be cool, or the best space station 13 character even if space station 13 isn't a game I play any more
those are far from the only things I like though, it's quite likely that you know me enough to do something else
I have some money squared away I could jump in with.

I don't really have anything in particular I would want, at least not anything I'd expect anyone to buy. I'd cherish nearly anything anyone sent me. You all have good taste.
To clarify: money's not necessary, though you're free to buy someone a thing if you want and they're willing to give out their address (or Steam name or whatever).

We're artists and writers and the like, so this is mainly for that. But everyone's free to give what they want. You can even go ahead and commission artwork for your recipient if that's what you want to do.

I'm not sure if Stovie actually didn't catch that or not, just thought I'd clear that up in case it was getting lost.

As for me, I'm mainly a writer. I appreciate having artwork of any characters I've come up with, though if art isn't your thing I wouldn't mind seeing writing or whatever you want to do.

I would be particularly interested in artwork of any characters (or creatures) from my adventure Swamped. Or if you want to look at some of my other works for ideas, there are links in my signature to a number of adventures and Grand Battles. Maybe something there will catch your attention.
Ah, of course, I apologize. I was mucking about, but I do intend to make something rather than buy something. I'm afraid it may be physical, rather than digital, though as my prowess with making sprites has become somewhat rusty over the past dozen months or so out of a lack of practice. Depending on what comes up though we'll see.

As for the vagueness of on what I would prefer, well, it has more to do with the fact that I lack much meaningful original content. If anyone who rolls me wants to inquire on it, though, I'd gladly pass along any information on that to you to give to them. It'd be a bit lengthy for here.
Get me in on this!
*slides in at the last minute*

yo sup hi. I managed to end up with a toyhou.se at some point so here, have a folder fulla characters for a thing I want to do at some point.
bloop
and there's like, plenty o' info on them that was hastily written up and often largely improvised on the spot, and you can always back out to the other folders if you think something else i got piques your interest but the point is i like things related to my characters and i kept waffling on whether or not i should join and i was like 'yeah i probably should'
This seems like a lot of fun. I'll probably program something cool.

I like anything to do with science fiction or fantasy. If that's too broad, I'm a big fan of Cory Doctorow's book Maker's and Ernest Cline's book Ready Player One.

I'd be particularly interested in anything related to my adventure Kaplin High.
Signups are closed and Santas have been picked! PMs will be going out shortly to tell you who your gift recipient is.
Okay, Plaid and I have finished sending out PMs, everybody should know who their gift recipient is now.

Please try to get your gifts done by December 25th. It's okay if you're busy and late, but if you are, let us know as soon as you can.

The late deadline is February 1st. If you don't get a gift by then, but you contributed one, Plaid or I can do something for you in compensation.

(Hopefully we won't be the ones whose gifts are late.)
(12-08-2016, 08:17 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »(Hopefully we won't be the ones whose gifts are late.)

Hahaha

>_>
Oh, and an important note: if anyone's having trouble thinking of a gift, just PM whichever of us told you your recipient, and we'll be happy to contact them on your behalf for more detailed ideas.

I think that's about it. Happy gift-giving!
I included it in my messages but also: if you need someone's address to send them a physical gift then pm one of us and we can ask on your behalf. This is also assuming your santee is comfortable with giving out their address :v
Hello! Just a friendly reminder about this. It would be great if you can get your gifts in by tomorrow.

I'm working on mine, and I look forward to seeing what other people provide.
I've started sending out gifts from people! If you finish yours, I'll send it off right away once I receive it. (unless you have some reason I shouldn't.)

Looking forward to seeing what other people get.
Just a note, in case anyone wasn't clear: if you'd like to show off your gift, you can feel free to repost it in this thread!