Post making contest 5.0

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post making contest 5.0
RE: Post making contest
okay it's time for me to look at each of these names in turn and try and come up with something for them one by one

so hi laser, hope you're having a nice time and I bid you well
The post is always frempier on the other side...
Tally Hall is an American rock band formed in December 2002 and based in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The band has a relatively significant cult following, and is known for upbeat melodies and whimsical lyrics; the band members once described their musical style as "wonky rock" and "fabloo rock".[1]

Tally Hall has five members, distinguished by the color of their neckties: vocalist and guitarist Rob Cantor (yellow), vocalist and bassist Zubin Sedghi (blue), vocalist and guitarist Joe Hawley (red), drummer Ross Federman (gray), and vocalist and keyboardist Andrew Horowitz (green).

Once under the Atlantic Records recording label, Tally Hall was, again, signed to indie label Quack!Media,[2] who previously helped finance and nationally distribute their debut studio album, Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum. They released their second album, Good & Evil, on June 21, 2011.[3] Pre-orders were given a digital download from Quack to compensate for the time it took for the physical copy to be delivered.
hey wanna come for a ride with me? tour the english countryside, stop off for cream tea in a nice village somewhere, make it to the coast by sunset? then just click on Chuck Berry's my automobile:

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
$275!
I am going to be honest I was borned a number of years back I'm not prepared to go to the relative effort of being born again all in the name of a shitty joke.
[Image: 4002655-banan169-408x264.jpg]
Eh, can I really be bothered to pass this rule? What's the point?
[Image: 1833025_4f76a656.jpg]

this Kenneth Mallard chap indicates that this photograph was taken in April and I have no reason to doubt his word
[Image: large.jpg]

[Image: wuv.jpg]
This is a haiku
Buckle Up Mother Fucker
Refrigerator
[Image: shutterstock_120619090.jpg]

okay who let this small child hold our globe in his hands

this is extremely irresponsible

guessing this isn't one of atlas's baby photos so who thought this was a good idea
one two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven TWELVE thirteen
my cup here is 98mm tall and has an interior diameter of 73mm

I know I haven't measured everything with this ruler I may or may not have had to fish out from behind a cabinet but this is a start
sand

alternatively, read scraph
okay everyone you can all start posting again now

please, don't be shy
Who is the man, who would risk his neck for his brother man?

Scraph!

You're damn right.
i m i t a t e r t o t s
Sig:
SpoilerShow
So I remember we were commenting yesterday that "Buckle Up Mother Fucker(s)" never fully took off as a meme. And I just realized the reason why.

Most of the memes that really took off are the ones that lead to rule passes. Fact Seagull g0m helped with getting rule 2 in g0m's original wordset, Lankie's Winky ended up getting us through the first set of Sruix rules, and the Space Consortium was a key component in solving my first ruleset. And lubrication took off as a meme because it was in a winning post.

The main exceptions are haiku, which rarely passed rules but I kept doing them; and fremp, which was, of course, a self-fulfilling prophecy. Oh, also the Sanji meme, but that's more a Drawful meme than a PMC one.

Then again, we haven't made a lot of references to "the letter b 3008 times", so this obviously isn't a complete theory.
(09-09-2016, 02:14 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »okay it's time for me to look at each of these names in turn and try and come up with something for them one by one

so hi laser, hope you're having a nice time and I bid you well
Passes rule 3 and prrrrrrobably does NOT pass rule 2. No - no yeah definitely not.

(09-09-2016, 02:15 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »The post is always frempier on the other side...
Passes Rule 3.

(09-09-2016, 02:16 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »Tally Hall is an American rock band formed in December 2002 and based in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The band has a relatively significant cult following, and is known for upbeat melodies and whimsical lyrics; the band members once described their musical style as "wonky rock" and "fabloo rock".[1]

Tally Hall has five members, distinguished by the color of their neckties: vocalist and guitarist Rob Cantor (yellow), vocalist and bassist Zubin Sedghi (blue), vocalist and guitarist Joe Hawley (red), drummer Ross Federman (gray), and vocalist and keyboardist Andrew Horowitz (green).

Once under the Atlantic Records recording label, Tally Hall was, again, signed to indie label Quack!Media,[2] who previously helped finance and nationally distribute their debut studio album, Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum. They released their second album, Good & Evil, on June 21, 2011.[3] Pre-orders were given a digital download from Quack to compensate for the time it took for the physical copy to be delivered.
Passes rules 1, 2, and 3.

(09-09-2016, 02:19 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »hey wanna come for a ride with me? tour the english countryside, stop off for cream tea in a nice village somewhere, make it to the coast by sunset? then just click on Chuck Berry's my automobile:

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Passes rule 3. I'm going to count this as absolutely breaking rule 2.

(09-09-2016, 02:20 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »$275!
Passes rule 2.

(09-09-2016, 02:21 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »I am going to be honest I was borned a number of years back I'm not prepared to go to the relative effort of being born again all in the name of a shitty joke.
Passes rules 2 and 3.

(09-09-2016, 02:22 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »[Image: 4002655-banan169-408x264.jpg]
V tempted to give this 3, but no. It only passes rule 2.

(09-09-2016, 02:23 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »Eh, can I really be bothered to pass this rule? What's the point?
This passes rule 2.

(09-09-2016, 02:24 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »[Image: 1833025_4f76a656.jpg]

this Kenneth Mallard chap indicates that this photograph was taken in April and I have no reason to doubt his word
This post passes rule 2 as far as I can tell, and also rule 3.

(09-09-2016, 02:26 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »[Image: large.jpg]

[Image: wuv.jpg]
Passes rule 2.

(09-09-2016, 02:26 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »This is a haiku
Buckle Up Mother Fucker
Refrigerator
This probably doesn't pass rule 2 but I'm going to say it does for my own sake. YOU HEAR THAT ME? FOR FUTURE REFERENCE, THIS DOESN'T COUNT AS BREAKING IT.

(09-09-2016, 02:29 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »[Image: shutterstock_120619090.jpg]

okay who let this small child hold our globe in his hands

this is extremely irresponsible

guessing this isn't one of atlas's baby photos so who thought this was a good idea
Passes 2 and 3.

(09-09-2016, 02:30 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »one two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven TWELVE thirteen
i'm incredulous at what this doesn't pass but what it does pass is rule 2.

(09-09-2016, 02:35 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »my cup here is 98mm tall and has an interior diameter of 73mm

I know I haven't measured everything with this ruler I may or may not have had to fish out from behind a cabinet but this is a start
Passes rules 2 and 3.

(09-09-2016, 02:37 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »sand

alternatively, read scraph
This post..... passes no rules!

also hi

(09-09-2016, 02:38 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »okay everyone you can all start posting again now

please, don't be shy
This post passes rules 2 and 4.

So any of those could have broken rule 2 if I stretched hard enough I think but that would be a stretch that would probably break my back or something and also that'd be dumb.

(09-09-2016, 05:30 PM)Akumu Wrote: »Who is the man, who would risk his neck for his brother man?

Scraph!

You're damn right.

This passes rules 2, 3, and a probably arguable 4 depending on who you ask.

(09-09-2016, 07:16 PM)Reyweld Wrote: »i m i t a t e r t o t s
This post passes 2 and 3.

(09-09-2016, 07:34 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »So I remember we were commenting yesterday that "Buckle Up Mother Fucker(s)" never fully took off as a meme. And I just realized the reason why.

Most of the memes that really took off are the ones that lead to rule passes. Fact Seagull g0m helped with getting rule 2 in g0m's original wordset, Lankie's Winky ended up getting us through the first set of Sruix rules, and the Space Consortium was a key component in solving my first ruleset. And lubrication took off as a meme because it was in a winning post.

The main exceptions are haiku, which rarely passed rules but I kept doing them; and fremp, which was, of course, a self-fulfilling prophecy. Oh, also the Sanji meme, but that's more a Drawful meme than a PMC one.

Then again, we haven't made a lot of references to "the letter b 3008 times", so this obviously isn't a complete theory.

This post passes rules 3 and 5.
Okay okay okay here:

1. Orpheus - Voice of Gold, Willing to go to hell and back for someone they love, destined to be unhappy
2. Eurydice - Adventurous, Risky, Optimistic, gets killed by snakes almost immediately
3. Hades - Cold, Strategic, Kidnapped spouse, Rich, Sort Of A Douche™
4. Persephone - Suffers Stockholm Syndrome, Deals moonshine in secret, Literal goddess
5. The Fates - Aloof, Knows your Future but Would Rather Watch You Suffer than Do Anything, Impossibly Old, With the squad like *all the time*
6. Hermes - Helpful, Fast, The Only One Who's Happy In The End™, Permanent Sore Throat

Tag yourself I'm 4.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
1. 4
2. 4
3. 4
4. 17
5. 4
6. 4
7. 4
8. 4