Post making contest 5.0

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post making contest 5.0
RE: Post making contest
Hey friends! The Post Making Contest thread was getting too big, so I'm going to split it up into smaller threads. I realise this may fuck with tables and other resources you've put together to catalogue our collective efforts here, but the alternative is the forum constantly dying. There's no set page+post number at which threads start causing 504 errors, so you won't have to wait for me to lock+split+whatever when you finish a game and start a new one when you're hovering around the 100-page mark.

Seeing as I don't have any way to mass-select posts, I'll split threads so each individual Contest is contained within one thread, and all threads remain under 100 pages. This way we can keep everything unlocked if people want to comment+edit posts for some reason, and non-mods can edit the OP if they wish to catalogue the thread's contents.

I'll be peeling off posts from the top of this thread, and merging them into Post Making Contest 1.0 thread. Whichever contest's full set of posts would push that over the 100-page limit, that'll be the start of Post Making Contest 2.0. At which rate this thread'll probably be Post Making Contest 5.0????

Once I'm done I'll edit links in the first and last posts of each thread to connect the whole thing into one shitty cohesive ~Experience~, but forum stability comes first so I'll be chopping this thread up over the next day or so.

You're now all free to post! Maybe please ease off on rapidposting though until I finish slicing and dicing up ins.
You must be registered to view this content.
One upshot of my current method of splitting is that this thread remains the original; so the viewcount should be preserved which I.... guess is a good thing???
You must be registered to view this content.
(08-18-2016, 09:34 AM)Schazer Wrote: »Hey friends! The Post Making Contest thread was getting too big, so I'm going to split it up into smaller threads. I realise this may fuck with tables and other resources you've put together to catalogue our collective efforts here, but the alternative is the forum constantly dying. There's no set page+post number at which threads start causing 504 errors, so you won't have to wait for me to lock+split+whatever when you finish a game and start a new one when you're hovering around the 100-page mark.

Seeing as I don't have any way to mass-select posts, I'll split threads so each individual Contest is contained within one thread, and all threads remain under 100 pages. This way we can keep everything unlocked if people want to comment+edit posts for some reason, and non-mods can edit the OP if they wish to catalogue the thread's contents.

I'll be peeling off posts from the top of this thread, and merging them into Post Making Contest 1.0 thread. Whichever contest's full set of posts would push that over the 100-page limit, that'll be the start of Post Making Contest 2.0. At which rate this thread'll probably be Post Making Contest 5.0????

Once I'm done I'll edit links in the first and last posts of each thread to connect the whole thing into one shitty cohesive ~Experience~, but forum stability comes first so I'll be chopping this thread up over the next day or so.

You're now all free to post! Maybe please ease off on rapidposting though until I finish slicing and dicing up ins.

I was getting 503 errors, is that a different problem?
Hello Akumu. Hello future Sruix.
Hi past Sruix! Have you figured out how you're going to word your fourth post yet?
Well, future Sruix, I thought that was going to be a post you'd make...
I'm Sruix and now that we've passed rule 3 four times in a row, I'm going to eat some grapes.
Thanks future Sruix. Passing rule one five times consecutively means I too will treat myself. There are some lovely ginger biscuits downstairs...
No problem past Sruix. For our sixth consecutive rule one pass, how's about we ourselves get a pair of almond croissants?
Sounds delightful, future Sruix.
Hey, past Sruix. For our eighth successive pass, would you like so delicious ice to munch on?
I'm current Sruix and I'm going to celebrate the ninth consecutive rule one pass by passing rule four and eating some beautiful rice served with ice.
So in this thread's current state, whenever someone gets the off-by-one error they see me saying "Shredded, what have you done?"

Sruixan, do you have thoughts on this? Apologies for breaking your streak, but this was important news to share.
Well, Fogel, I personally think it's marvellous. Do you know what else is marvellous? Your post is the tenth that passes rule one in a row! Isn't that amazing? This post of mine also passes rule four and it might pass rule one too - wouldn't that be something? What do you think of that, the person posting after me (qwerx maybe?)

In completely unrelated news, we are having sausages for dinner.
Wait Sruix, didn't your post 3 posts ago didn't pass rule 1?

Or am I making things up as to what the rule 1 is.

Rule 4. Huh... oh yeah it does, doesn't it.

I'll be on vacation for the next couple of days. Tapioca.
(08-18-2016, 05:49 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »In completely unrelated news, we are having sausages for dinner.

Remember not to drop them in the ocean.
(08-18-2016, 06:11 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »
(08-18-2016, 05:49 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »In completely unrelated news, we are having sausages for dinner.

Remember not to drop them in the ocean.

Or let them touch the grill more than once on the same side.
Akumu and Fogel offer great advice here Sruixan but I'd like to follow it up with please god remember not to make a horrible animated fetish movie about your sausages also.
One would hope that that would just go without saying, Ixcaliber.
Hey Akumu I sure do love gnawing on enormous blocks of ice for sustenance what do you feel about this practice?
speaking of sausages, i just made this:
[Image: hack%20the%20hotdog.jpg]
You know what would be hilarious?

If Schazer's announcement about splitting up this monstrosity ended up winning the round.

That probably won't happen, I'm just saying it would be hilarious.
Dragon Fogel and Akumu are good friends of mine. I am Ixcaliber. I love eating ice

I scream, you scream, we all scream to shovel raw ice down our gullets.

This post passes rule 1.