Post making contest 5.0

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post making contest 5.0
RE: Post making contest
Rules 1, 2, 3: a mystery
The real mystery is how I knew what your post said when it was the most recent one.
(08-11-2016, 12:01 AM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »fuck,

Passes 5, 6.

(08-11-2016, 12:55 AM)qwerx3 Wrote: »Rules 1, 2, 3: a mystery

Passes no rules!

(08-11-2016, 12:58 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »The real mystery is how I knew what your post said when it was the most recent one.

Passes 5, 6.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
Lankie Wrote:Winky
FARM MUST HAVE Alanfa
Can't read ман, can't read ман, no he can't read-a ман poker face
Used crowbar (5)
This is episode #12.

Bit of a shorter one yesterday since it was the end of the session, but that didn't stop it from containing a lot of action:
  • Trott: "Sjin taking the city has hampered my movement dramatically" OPEN BORDERS AGREEMENTS EXIST
  • (although let's face it, we're talking about getting Sjin to accept a deal here... he won't notice it for two turns, then he'll feign ignorance of it for another three, then finally when he thinks no-one is looking he'll just dismiss it...)
  • Smiffy's settled again! It's a bit late but fuck it, I stopped caring about the "when" a few thousand years ago...
  • SJIN JUST SUCCEEDED IN DISMISSING THE CITY BOMBARD CURSOR, SO COME ON GUYS. IF SJIN CAN DO IT...
  • Sjin why are you parking your navy at the south pole? Did all your admirals decide they really wanted to go and look at the penguins?
  • SJIN IS LYING THROUGH HIS ARSE YOU CAN TRADE A CITY FROM THE MOMENT YOU GET IT no courthouse required
  • Smiffy: "guys, how do you take a city?" YOU'RE ASKING NOW?!
  • oh my god Smiffy took Sydney
  • part of the reason that Babylon isn't growing is because he's covered some of his best food tiles in trading posts... this being a thing that I pointed out would be a problem several episodes ago...
  • Smiffy: "I can't build courthouses, I don't have the technology" YOU NEED MATHEMATICS TO BUILD COURTHOUSES I AM VERY SURE YOU HAVE THIS
  • YOU JUST HOVERED OVER IT WITHOUT SEEING IT
  • "It's not fucking there guys" THE TOOLTIP POPPED UP AND EVERYTHING
  • Sjin continues to come up with completely bullshit excuses for why he's not giving Trott Yu-Gi-Shit...
  • Rythian's tourism honestly should not be threatening. It's just that everyone else is shit at culture.
  • AND MARK'S DOWN THAT ONLY TOOK EIGHTY MORE TURNS THAN IT SHOULD HAVE
  • Sjin considered selling a building in Yu-Gi-Shit before trading it away. That's the Sjin we know and love.
  • OH WOW NO HE'S RAZING IT AND HOPING NOBODY WILL NOTICE
  • RYTHIAN IS AT STEAM POWER THAT IS actually a bit behind for this turn number BUT COMPARATIVELY SPEAKING THAT'S RIDICULOUSLY FAR AHEAD

tl;dr - how do I take city?

End of message.
(08-11-2016, 02:29 AM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »
Lankie Wrote:Winky

Passes 4, 5, 6.

(08-11-2016, 04:53 AM)Wheat Wrote: »I wish I knew what rule 1 was.

I want to know what rule 2 is.

I must have rule 3.

Passes 4, 5.

(08-11-2016, 04:58 AM)a52 Wrote: »FARM MUST HAVE Alanfa

Passes 5.

(08-11-2016, 05:03 AM)Wheat Wrote: »$$$

£
¥

лв

؋

ƒ
ман

¢

Passes 5.

(08-11-2016, 05:07 AM)a52 Wrote: »Can't read ман, can't read ман, no he can't read-a ман poker face

Passes 5.

(08-11-2016, 05:09 AM)Wheat Wrote: »₪ ₴ ¤ ₳ ₢ ₰ DM ₯ ₠ F ℳ ₥ ₧ ℛℳ ₷

Passes 5.

(08-11-2016, 05:23 AM)Wheat Wrote: »฿ ₵ ֏ ₲ ₴ $ ₺ ₤

Passes 5.

(08-11-2016, 06:44 AM)qwerx3 Wrote: »Used crowbar (5)

Passes 4, 5, 6.

(08-11-2016, 10:28 AM)Sruixan Wrote: »This is episode #12.

Bit of a shorter one yesterday since it was the end of the session, but that didn't stop it from containing a lot of action:
  • Trott: "Sjin taking the city has hampered my movement dramatically" OPEN BORDERS AGREEMENTS EXIST
  • (although let's face it, we're talking about getting Sjin to accept a deal here... he won't notice it for two turns, then he'll feign ignorance of it for another three, then finally when he thinks no-one is looking he'll just dismiss it...)
  • Smiffy's settled again! It's a bit late but fuck it, I stopped caring about the "when" a few thousand years ago...
  • SJIN JUST SUCCEEDED IN DISMISSING THE CITY BOMBARD CURSOR, SO COME ON GUYS. IF SJIN CAN DO IT...
  • Sjin why are you parking your navy at the south pole? Did all your admirals decide they really wanted to go and look at the penguins?
  • SJIN IS LYING THROUGH HIS ARSE YOU CAN TRADE A CITY FROM THE MOMENT YOU GET IT no courthouse required
  • part of the reason that Babylon isn't growing is because he's covered some of his best food tiles in trading posts... this being a thing that I pointed out would be a problem several episodes ago...
  • Smiffy: "I can't build courthouses, I don't have the technology" YOU NEED MATHEMATICS TO BUILD COURTHOUSES I AM VERY SURE YOU HAVE THIS
  • Sjin continues to come up with completely bullshit excuses for why he's not giving Trott Yu-Gi-Shit...
  • Rythian's tourism honestly should not be threatening. It's just that everyone else is shit at culture.
  • Sjin considered selling a building in Yu-Gi-Shit before trading it away. That's the Sjin we know and love.
  • RYTHIAN IS AT STEAM POWER THAT IS actually a bit behind for this turn number BUT COMPARATIVELY SPEAKING THAT'S RIDICULOUSLY FAR AHEAD

End of message.

Passes 4.

---------

Should I give hints?
Sig:
SpoilerShow

End of message.

I think an ETG Civ series with Sruix ranting at all of us would be pretty good
I 1000% agree
oh man i totally want in on that
I want to do an ETG civ series so badly it's illegal. This is despite that fact that it would be a logistical nightmare, concerning time management, player canvassing, technical issues, setup debates, game instability and my inability to record footage of me playing civ because come on if I can scarcely play it how do I expect to be able to take video of it too...

...and I still want to do it...
We'll find a time and everybody can record except you can just take a million screenshots that some poor sap will have to edit in appropriately
man I would love to do that but there would be absolutely no way I would have enough time
This is episode #13.
  • ...ooh it's a third warning slate and apparently this is the last session? That does not surprise me...
  • "REMEMBER THAT VIEWER DISCRETION THING? IT'S AN OPEN OFFER!"
  • Rythian is influential over Smiffy with 44 tourism per turn. Eep.
  • Honestly, both Sjin and Rythian are right: Rythian's tourism is a threat and it's entirely possible for him to win this way, but Sjin's culture pool is still substantial enough that it'll take him a while...
  • ...oh the International Games got passed. Huh.
  • COME ON RYTHIAN GET YOURSELF SOME SWEET ASS TOURISM or honestly don't with just 44 it probably isn't worth it build yourself some more units instead
  • uh yeah sure broadcast towers those will definitely help sure whatever
  • Sjin: "hmm, Yu-Gi-Shit demands silk" THEY ARE BURNING THEIR TOWN TO THE GROUND WHY DO THEY WANT SILK TOO
  • THEY ARE HAVING AN ARGUMENT ABOUT WHICH SET OF NUMBERS IN THE TRADE ROUTE SCREEN SHOWS THE AMOUNT OF GOLD YOU GET FROM ESTABLISHING IT
  • HOVER OVER IT AND READ THE FUCKING TOOLTIP
  • WHY CAN NOBODY IN THIS GAME READ?! YOU ALL RESEARCHED WRITING... EVENTUALLY...
  • Tom sent Trott a deal, the entirety of which was "Trott declares war on Rythian". Trott accepted.
  • Rythian: "I came here to have a good time and am feeling so attacked right now." Sjin: "YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE COME HERE TO HAVE A GOOD TIME! You're here to get wrecked, son!"
  • People are now discovering that Rythian has city state allies.
  • Sjin is actually sailing that fleet towards Rythian. Roughly speaking, anyway. It is still a few thousand miles south of Morocco.
  • Rythian has the capability to bring Attila's Court to its knees with a single lancer. I love that.
  • Because Sjin has taken so long to sail to Morocco, Rythian now has ironclads. Huh. Wait, no sorry, an ironclad...
  • Trott: "Fuck, how did Rythian become friends with Vancouver and Wellington?!" IT IS POSSIBLE TO HAVE MORE THAN ONE FRIEND
  • SJIN'S FRIGATE DID ONE DAMAGE TO RYTHIAN'S CAPITAL
  • IT KNOCKED OFF ONE HIT POINT
  • ONE
  • Sjin: "Rythian's navy is better than mine, so this is a write-off. Do you want to just end the session?" RYTHIAN'S NAVY CONSISTS OF AN IRONCLAD
  • seriously Sjin you used your Oxford for frigates a few episodes ago had you attacked then you may have stood a chance
  • THERE'S AN ACTUAL BARBARIAN ENCAMPMENT BETWEEN POLAND AND MONGOLIA THERE'S A WORKER IN THERE AND EVERYTHING
  • Yu-Gi-Shit finally burnt down. Nobody has mentioned this yet.
  • RYTHIAN IS RESEARCHING PLASTICS GUYS
  • apologies it turns out Rythian's navy consists of three ironclads the other two were just doing the exploration that I was praising previously fair enough
  • Rythian: "I'm welcome for friendliness!"
  • Trott: "Gatling guns are shit, aren't they? You really have to be right next to something..." Smiffy: "it's all about those roads" ...that is actually correct if you build enough roads towards the person you're trying to invade you can get both your blocker melee units and your gatling guns right next to the enemy units you want to dispose of
  • Smiffy informs us that Sydney is apparently starving. Sydney has three fish tiles.
  • ...I suppose a city state could be sending a caravel or something to Sydney?
  • Rythian is making the most of his dip into Commerce to buy out all the city states. This is absolutely wonderful play.
  • So presumably Sjin won the international games? Because Rythian didn't even try for them? So Sjin has doubled his tourism output for the next twenty turns, going from... oh, zero, to zero. Huh.
  • seriously Sjin you just wasted about five turns of full production in all your cities
  • (I mean you do get other benefits but you didn't need to worry about stopping Rythian he already knew it wasn't worth it for his presently rather paltry amount of suitcases)
  • RYTHIAN HAS COMPLETED THE STATUE OF LIBERTY DOES ANYONE ELSE EVEN HAVE AN IDEOLOGY?

tl;dr - No One Can Stop Mr. Rythian

End of message.
(08-11-2016, 06:38 PM)qwerx3 Wrote: »

End of message.

I think an ETG Civ series with Sruix ranting at all of us would be pretty good

Passes 4, 5.

(08-11-2016, 07:03 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »I 1000% agree

Passes 5.

(08-11-2016, 08:34 PM)Robust Laser Wrote: »oh man i totally want in on that

Passes 4, 5, 6.

(08-11-2016, 09:14 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »I want to do an ETG civ series so badly it's illegal. This is despite that fact that it would be a logistical nightmare, concerning time management, player canvassing, technical issues, setup debates, game instability and my inability to record footage of me playing civ because come on if I can scarcely play it how do I expect to be able to take video of it too...

...and I still want to do it...

Passes no rules.

(08-11-2016, 11:51 PM)Robust Laser Wrote: »We'll find a time and everybody can record except you can just take a million screenshots that some poor sap will have to edit in appropriately

Passes 4, 5, 6.

(08-11-2016, 11:58 PM)a52 Wrote: »man I would love to do that but there would be absolutely no way I would have enough time

Passes 5.

(08-12-2016, 10:04 AM)Sruixan Wrote: »This is episode #13.
  • ...ooh it's a third warning slate and apparently this is the last session? That does not surprise me...
  • "REMEMBER THAT VIEWER DISCRETION THING? IT'S AN OPEN OFFER!"
  • Rythian is influential over Smiffy with 44 tourism per turn. Eep.
  • Honestly, both Sjin and Rythian are right: Rythian's tourism is a threat and it's entirely possible for him to win this way, but Sjin's culture pool is still substantial enough that it'll take him a while...
  • ...oh the International Games got passed. Huh.
  • COME ON RYTHIAN GET YOURSELF SOME SWEET ASS TOURISM or honestly don't with just 44 it probably isn't worth it build yourself some more units instead
  • uh yeah sure broadcast towers those will definitely help sure whatever
  • Sjin: "hmm, Yu-Gi-Shit demands silk" THEY ARE BURNING THEIR TOWN TO THE GROUND WHY DO THEY WANT SILK TOO
  • THEY ARE HAVING AN ARGUMENT ABOUT WHICH SET OF NUMBERS IN THE TRADE ROUTE SCREEN SHOWS THE AMOUNT OF GOLD YOU GET FROM ESTABLISHING IT
  • HOVER OVER IT AND READ THE FUCKING TOOLTIP
  • WHY CAN NOBODY IN THIS GAME READ?! YOU ALL RESEARCHED WRITING... EVENTUALLY...
  • Tom sent Trott a deal, the entirety of which was "Trott declares war on Rythian". Trott accepted.
  • Rythian: "I came here to have a good time and am feeling so attacked right now." Sjin: "YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE COME HERE TO HAVE A GOOD TIME! You're here to get wrecked, son!"
  • People are now discovering that Rythian has city state allies.
  • Sjin is actually sailing that fleet towards Rythian. Roughly speaking, anyway. It is still a few thousand miles south of Morocco.
  • Rythian has the capability to bring Attila's Court to its knees with a single lancer. I love that.
  • Because Sjin has taken so long to sail to Morocco, Rythian now has ironclads. Huh. Wait, no sorry, an ironclad...
  • Trott: "Fuck, how did Rythian become friends with Vancouver and Wellington?!" IT IS POSSIBLE TO HAVE MORE THAN ONE FRIEND
  • SJIN'S FRIGATE DID ONE DAMAGE TO RYTHIAN'S CAPITAL
  • IT KNOCKED OFF ONE HIT POINT
  • ONE
  • Sjin: "Rythian's navy is better than mine, so this is a write-off. Do you want to just end the session?" RYTHIAN'S NAVY CONSISTS OF AN IRONCLAD
  • seriously Sjin you used your Oxford for frigates a few episodes ago had you attacked then you may have stood a chance
  • THERE'S AN ACTUAL BARBARIAN ENCAMPMENT BETWEEN POLAND AND MONGOLIA THERE'S A WORKER IN THERE AND EVERYTHING
  • Yu-Gi-Shit finally burnt down. Nobody has mentioned this yet.
  • RYTHIAN IS RESEARCHING PLASTICS GUYS
  • apologies it turns out Rythian's navy consists of three ironclads the other two were just doing the exploration that I was praising previously fair enough
  • Rythian: "I'm welcome for friendliness!"
  • Trott: "Gatling guns are shit, aren't they? You really have to be right next to something..." Smiffy: "it's all about those roads" ...that is actually correct if you build enough roads towards the person you're trying to invade you can get both your blocker melee units and your gatling guns right next to the enemy units you want to dispose of
  • Smiffy informs us that Sydney is apparently starving. Sydney has three fish tiles.
  • ...I suppose a city state could be sending a caravel or something to Sydney?
  • Rythian is making the most of his dip into Commerce to buy out all the city states. This is absolutely wonderful play.
  • So presumably Sjin won the international games? Because Rythian didn't even try for them? So Sjin has doubled his tourism output for the next twenty turns, going from... oh, zero, to zero. Huh.
  • seriously Sjin you just wasted about five turns of full production in all your cities
  • (I mean you do get other benefits but you didn't need to worry about stopping Rythian he already knew it wasn't worth it for his presently rather paltry amount of suitcases)
  • RYTHIAN HAS COMPLETED THE STATUE OF LIBERTY DOES ANYONE ELSE EVEN HAVE AN IDEOLOGY?

tl;dr - No One Can Stop Mr. Rythian

End of message.

Passes 4, 6, 7.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
Hey look another ruleset for which we have never passed rule 3.
Or rules 1 and 2 for that matter.
Well, technically we only need one of them.

Unless there's some weird trickery going on and we actually can only pass five rules if we pass all of them at once. I wouldn't put it past Reyweld to do something like that.
This is episode #14.
  • Trott: "where are your cities Rythian?" Rythian: "they are in the... right... south of you" UH HUH UH HUH I THINK THOSE PAUSES BETRAY NOT A LACK OF GEOGRAPHICAL ACUMEN BUT AN ATTEMPT TO DECEIVE
  • (although I guess strictly speaking if you went right enough you'd get there eventually)
  • A straight minute and a half of Rythian explaining the tourism mechanic to everyone. This is the stuff that keeps me going.
  • Sjin: "What is everyone's culture right now? What's the plus pink number?"
  • Smiffy: 14 / Tom: 18 / Trott: 22 / Sjin: 118 / Rythian: 282
  • NONE OF THOSE FIRST THREE NUMBERS ARE ACCEPTABLE
  • Trott: "What's... I guess it's cannons, right? What's the siege weapon of the modern era?" ARTILLERY
  • There's an ideology notification down the side which I reckon is Sjin's but nobody wants to hover over slash mention these things.
  • Sjin is making one heck of a fuss because he had no oil.
  • SJIN HAS SPOTTED SOME OIL IN JERUSALEM SO HAS MOVED HIS GREAT GENERAL KHAN DOWN TO CITADEL IT
  • BUT HE HASN'T REALISED HE'S AT WAR WITH JERUSALEM SO DIDN'T ESCORT IT
  • RIP KHAN
  • Smiffy: "I think one of my roads got interrupted when I built a citadel on it" ...firstly, why did you plop the citadel there at all. Secondly, THAT IS NOT A THING THAT CAN HAPPEN
  • Smiffy's road network bloody hell
  • Tom: "Jerusalem's at war with us?" YES SJIN IS ABOUT TO DISCOVER THIS
  • Trott is asking Tom and Smiffy about the best way to promote his units. Neither Tom nor Smiffy know what any of the promotions are called.
  • Sjin has gone incredibly quiet. I can't help but wonder...
  • So in Tom's view there is no Khan on the tile and no citadel in the vicinity either. WELL DONE SJIN.
  • TILE IMPROVEMENTS TOM OUARZAZATE HAS STOPPED GROWING AT ELEVEN POP DESPITE BEING SURROUNDED BY CATTLE, SHEEP AND WHEAT
  • I think Tom is going to invade Trott? Surely not...
  • The view cuts back to Sjin just in time to watch him automate a worker and cause everyone to start complaining about how shit the game is because the turn timer has "randomly" reset again.
  • Tom is sending a Great General with his navy.
  • ...do you think he realises Great Admirals exist?
  • TROTT IS LOOKING AT THE IDEOLOGY SCREEN PREPARE TO HAVE YOUR MINDS BLOWN
  • RYTHIAN: FREEDOM / SJIN: ORDER - both entirely expected and sensible picks
  • SMIFFY: AUTOCRACY
  • THE GUY WHO COULDN'T EVEN CONQUER A CITY STATE HAS TAKEN THE WARMONGER IDEOLOGY
  • AND IS SUFFERING MASSIVE HAPPINESS PENALTIES AS A RESULT OF RYTHIAN'S INFLUENCE OVER HIP RIP SMIFFY
  • seriously Sjin is the only player who can get away with taking an ideology that isn't Freedom, and even then he might be forced to switch later on
  • ...does anyone here even know that they can switch ideologies?
  • Smiffy: "why is everyone so fucking sad?"
  • CUE RYTHIAN EXPLAINING THE IDEOLOGICAL PRESSURE MECHANIC FOR A FULL MINUTE
  • Sjin: "Me and Rythian are arguably too good to be here" DAMN RIGHT
  • Sjin completing the World's Fair would actually throw a spanner in the works of Rythian's culture victory... the victory he wasn't even intending to go for...
  • TROTT IS COMPLAINING ABOUT HAVING TO DO MATHS - AS IN, ADDING UP FOUR AND FIVE
  • RYTHIAN'S LAUGHTER WHEN SMIFFY STOPPED THE WORLD'S FAIR
  • HE KNOWS HOW MUCH THEY FUCKED UP
  • SJIN THOUGHT IT WAS THE TOURISM PROJECT
  • Tom... you can't walk to Morocco. You just can't. You absolutely cannot do that.
  • THE FIRST PERSON TO REALISE THAT THE WORLD IS ROUND WILL GET MY UNDYING RESPECT
  • SJIN AND TOM ARE TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT A BLOCKADE IS
  • Trott: "I discovered how to navigate!" I just love how proud they sound about technological advancements that are centuries behind Rythian
  • COAL FOR SILVER IS NOT A BALANCED TRADE

tl;dr - Rythian's patience is utterly phenomenal.

End of message.
"You have caused 1,385 explosions in this play session alone."
presto pageo*

(for those using 25/page default)
Civ victories:

Diplomatic: Kill a few civs to lower the delegate limit
Cultural: Kill the few civs that are producing more culture than your tourism
Spaceship: Kill the civ that's ahead of you in science and is almost done with their spaceship
Conquest: Don't kill the civs, just take their capitals
(08-13-2016, 11:20 PM)qwerx3 Wrote: »Civ victories:

Diplomatic: Kill a few civs to lower the delegate limit
Cultural: Kill the few civs that are producing more culture than your tourism
Spaceship: Kill the civ that's ahead of you in science and is almost done with their spaceship
Conquest: Don't kill the civs, just take their capitals

I am a civ expert and I can verify that all of the above statements are true. But also:

Time: Kill a few civs to kill time.