The thread for flipping shits (and tables)

The thread for flipping shits (and tables)
RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables)
Spirited Away still remains a seminal piece in my aesthetic development, but Howl's Moving Castle left me super cold and disappointed because the book it's based on was similarly pivotal; I can't enjoy what I suspect would be a great film because I can't let go of how much I wanted it to be a recreation rather than an adaptation.
As far as I can remember Princess Mononoke was the first anime I ever saw after like, Pokemon and to this day it still fucks me up every time I see it. Spirited Away is pretty killer too. Those and Castle in the Sky are probably my favourites, but I have a soft spot for The Cat Returns and I'm behind the others mentioned thus far.

Glad you got through the lockdown safe that sounded pretty awful.
Castle in the Sky is my all-time Ghibli Favorite, following by Spirited Away.

I forget if I liked Nausicaa (Note: Is Pre-Ghibli), but I absolutely remember that the English Dub has Actual Cannibal Shia LaBeouf
I also agree, Spirited Away fucked child me right up ;-;
I forgot about Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away. How? I don't know. I guess I like them all. (the food in studio ghibli films also always looks mouth-watering)

And I really like the fish art of Ponyo:
[Image: tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.gif]
Sig:
SpoilerShow
Oh man I am going to watch that right now!
Sig:
SpoilerShow
I'm glad you're alright a52, I hope no one got hurt
~◕ w◕~
(03-16-2016, 11:31 PM)Schazer Wrote: »Which ghiblis? I saw The Wind Rises for the first time a couple weeks ago and it was sad as hell.

We watched Ponyo and got started on The Cat Returns.

(03-17-2016, 12:46 AM)Whimbrel Wrote: »I'm glad you're alright a52, I hope no one got hurt

As far as I know nobody did.
Totoro was the one I watched repeatedly as a kid, and while I saw the theatrical release of Howl's Moving Castle around age 13 I didn't properly sit down and digest the rest until my late teens.

Ponyo is Very Directly Responsible for the merpunk aesthetic pervading a lot of my worldbuilding in the last year or more, it's a gorgeous film and everyone should watch it. Nobody's mentioned Laputa and that's probably also one of my favourites?
(03-17-2016, 12:28 AM)Mehgamehn Wrote: »Castle in the Sky is my all-time Ghibli Favorite, following by Spirited Away.

Exactly me, though the soundtrack in both castle in the sky and howls moving castle make me cry like a baby

And Schaz a few people have mentioned laputa! Its english name is castle in the sky due to an unfortunate similarity to a few words in spanish :v
[Image: WEdy1pW.png] [Image: cyTsdj6.png]
[Image: 30058_799389.png]
You must be registered to view this content.
I'm tired and need to learn2read Melonspa
I wish I could stop myself from letting so many things weigh so heavily on my mind, constantly, but especially when all I want is to sleep.

I'm so tired. I'm so exhausted. I'm so frayed.
Standing here, The way ahead's becoming clear
All across these new frontiers
In my hands I hold the ones I love
Walk forward through the cold dawn
Always to new horizons
I'm deadline crunching and i feel a little bit like i'm dying
I'm really, really, run down. Too tired. Not getting out of bed tomorrow.
There's a fuckface at Eli's work who is actively trying to sabotage their promotion, which we really need because lifting yourself out of poverty, yo. It's times like this when you realize that this is why all the scum rises to the top.

Also, the government is trying to murder any kid that isn't cis and straight and white
aint a lot thats going good rn lol
Standing here, The way ahead's becoming clear
All across these new frontiers
In my hands I hold the ones I love
Walk forward through the cold dawn
Always to new horizons
I got to class late, my security card isnt working and despite knocking and making eye contact with both the tutor and my classmates no one is letting me in

This is like a bad nightmare or something
So.

I just had to go to the vet right now to have our cat put down. My parents are on vacation so I had to get our next door neighbor to drive me down. So the onus was on me to make the decision.

I mean, deep down I knew. And she was in pain and the treatment she could of gotten would have been so expensive. But still, it stings so much.

God I fucking loved that cat.
/me huggles.
I'm very sorry, Lankie. Losing a pet hurts a lot, especially when you have t choose to lose them. I hope you're okay.
Current mood:

STAB-O-METER
-ACTUALLY HAPPY: Only possible through heavy and sustained use of Beethoven
-OKAY I GUESS
-SELF-LOATHING: Usually results in an OFFICEQUEST update
----STAB ZONE----
>FRUSTRATION: Stabbing likely
-EXTREME ANGER
-JACK NOIR: Do not approach, use extreme caution

The only person who doesn't constantly increase my desire to brutally murder everyone around me is currently millions and billions of miles away in California.
Hey, I'm feeling a lot better now. Thank you for all the kind words. You're all good people and I'm glad to be a part of this community.
You must be registered to view this content.
Having a real bad depression day