The Great 2016 MSPAFA people remalgamation thread

The Great 2016 MSPAFA people remalgamation thread
RE: The Great 2016 MSPAFA people remalgamation thread
Hello Everyone.

Curris here. Posting from a non-standard computer, so my avatar isn't here yet. I'll fix that when I go home.

I'm just looking to pick up the pieces, and rejoin contact with the community of friends I've made in the Forum Adventures on MSPA forums. I'm also on OmegaUpdate Forums.
Hello! It's good to see you all again!
You must be registered to view this content.
Hey Curris! I remember your name but I can't remember where you were from. Did you do any forum adventures?
Thanks for the greetings , and A52.

I haven't made any adventures myself (I started one that made it 1 page deep in one of the Adventure contests, before getting involved in Real Life stuff)

But I consider myself to be a common and prolific suggester/reader. I've probably followed and participated in over two hundred adventures.

I've also helped mirror some of them.
Hello! It's good to see you all again!
[Activating subroutines... Check!]
[Determining native nomenclature... Check!]
[Assessing meme subculture... Check!]
[De-corrupting forum presence... Check!]

Well! Don't mean to horribly bump this thread, but I saw it and thought I would say hello. I used to do quite a bit under the MSPA forums as far ago as a few years ago and as recently as a few months ago, and decided I would go back and check some of my old forum adventures! And then I learned that the forums were completely eviscerated in an uncompromising fire, yatta yatta yatta, I eventually found this site. On the old Forums I ran a few Forum Adventures which all sucked, One of which was called Periodic, none of them really ever got finished (Except the one I did Finish). Also, my Old Forum name was Hero122.

Might as well hang around here occasionally.
Cool beans! Hi there!
I missed this thread somehow.

Confirming operational status, sequencing future plans. Art of Domination re-activated, From the Sands will proceed eventually.

Been also busy with a webcomic series on tapastic, among other things.
I miss my MSPAFA adventures.
Never backed them up when I had the chance. And now... alas. :C
(03-05-2016, 01:35 AM)Mehgamehn Wrote: »I was not around the Eagletimes for like two years once I had met my future (and future ex) fiance, because there seemed to be this sudden shift of importance, where my frequented internet community was slow-as-dead at the same time my real life had gained something that took my attention.

This hits way too close to home right now

I owe so much to this community

(03-16-2016, 07:07 PM)Akumu Wrote: »Ed's actually been on EagleTime fairly consistently, even before the remalgamation. Not a constant presence, but certainly around.

Define "around", i've posted like 3 times this year. I'm not even on tumblr anymore.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
In classic Ed fashion i'm not going to do any investigation like any sensible person would and instead i'm going to ask for someone to tell me what the hell is going on, what remalgamation? Is eagle time finally the new mspafa?
God that sounds really really shitty, goddamn that sucks so much.

WAIT WHAT THE FUCK HOMESTUCK IS OVER?
If i wasnt on my bed typing from my phone i'd break out that one gif of me dancing and the eagle time update being super efficent and quick

Why would they let the forums die tho, they probably didnt make money off of them did they
Not surprised

Now wheres that 1 million dollar videogame?
(06-27-2016, 11:53 AM)Wheat Wrote: »In more positive news, we have fremp.

MSPA had to fall to pave the way for fremp

I'm personally inordinately fond of Thirt Squencher tho
Ah, I attempted a forum adventure/rpg there long ago, but my tastes were.... too eclectic. I somehow ended up becoming GM for a cold war set sburb au, which never properly started because I dithered about setting details (I researched for months and brushed up my knowledge on the soviet union and postwar europe and got hooked, history is like that) and everyone wasn't ready at the same time.

When I tried to turn it into a forum adventure (ie; text), the niche setting seemed to detract interest among the typical forumer there, which made it hard to keep motivated, though it was fun to write for the 1-2 months it lasted. As people here are somewhat older and more amiable to the more puzzle-like origin of hussie adventures vs what HS became and yon eaglers may be a little less hostile to all things influenced by *dat guy* by now, would it be viable to revisit it on this site?

Might give me a reason to stay here longer than once every three months lurking the music thread.
(06-27-2016, 08:42 PM)Wheat Wrote: »Ah, the ol' "I'm putting off updating because I gotta get everything into line research-wise/worldbuild-wise, oops a year has passed.

I'd like taking a look at a historical fic
Heh, the first bit was the case as a GM fo sho.

"Boy oh boy, I need to know exactly what people lives in in russian city x and exactly what Khrushchyovka meant look at me refer to how a car had winscreen wipers and nobody had seen them beforewhoops there goes the month".

Adventure had a buffer of three whole character introductions, just not enough suggestions for it to be maintained. Still have notes, can roll despite forumpocalypse. A warning though, it will be full of the ideological issues of the times.

Here's some music I used as inspiration back then, enjoy the misleading hype. Drudgerepond
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1q1Z3-0wdY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oEsWi88Qv0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6SXS5QRDhg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrIcZjIvQM0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cntm7j6R1G0

(I will always find eagle time by typing the word music into firefox and it is all superfrequency's fault)

(06-27-2016, 08:42 PM)Wheat Wrote: »dendy
FFFfffffffffffff
Time period was an alt-universe hard dieselpunk 1950s so no dendy but lots of vacuum tubes and personal computers the size and shape of a grand piano.
whats fremp
what isn't fremp?
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
It isn't? I thought it was.
I'm gonna be a snarky shit and say i knew it would turn out like that
(06-27-2016, 11:53 AM)Wheat Wrote: »In more positive news, we have fremp.

whats fremp
the hot new meme
was wheat/scahzers interaction a joke? am I getting punked?

i dont like this : (
I have no idea what fremp is either.
Sounds like the last name of a lead guitarist.
As far as I know fremp is a random in-joke meme from the Forum Games forum's ouroborous (Now The Longest Thread On Eagletime): the "Post Making Contest".

Its meme status has been further buttressed by recent Eagletime Drawful/Quiplash sessions on skype/discord.