Mafia: The Last Resort [EPILOGUE: THE END]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mafia: The Last Resort [EPILOGUE: THE END]
Re: Mafia: The Last Resort [Day 1: The Beginning]
EBWOP:

PYP's reasoning is pretty good in my eyes.
Votals, Votals Everywhere But Not A Person To Lynch

AKillerCuppaTea – (5) – Ixcaliber, TimeothyHour, Dragon Fogel, Pinary, Mirdini
Sruixan – (4) – Pharmacy, Schazer, Whimbrel, Pick Yer Poison
Woffles – (1) – g0m
Mirdini – (1) – Solaris
Insufficient Fresh – (1) – Drakenforge
MalkyTop – (1) – Woffles
MrGuy – (1) – ProfessorLizzard
Ixcaliber – (1) - Insufficient Fresh
ProfessorLizzard – (1) - Wheat

(Abstaining - 4 – MrGuy, AKillerCuppaTea, MalkyTop, Sruixan)

With 20 alive it takes 11 to lynch and 6 to soft lynch. Deadline is in 4 days.
I think PYP's point about Sruixan defending himself hastily and excessively isn't really on the money. Sruix seems to have been oversharing, that's true, but it seems to me that he was just doing his best to contribute to the first-day proceedings.

That said, a random lynch is still stronger, and we have two bandwagons going. I'm going to hesitantly throw my vote on lynching Tea, if only because he seems somewhat more suspicious to me.
Ixcaliber Wrote:I'm not going to backpedal, I still stand by what I said. Though honestly I might be acting too quickly; I haven't played mafia before (I promise I will not keep wheeling this out as an excuse, that would get tiresome pretty quickly) and as such don't really know at what pace I should be playing.

Well, the big point of Day 1 to me has always been to get everyone talking. Lynching too fast results in not much data to go on in the following days. That said, if it's an honest mistake, then Unvote, for now.

Still not liking that wagon at all. Tea just looks like typical Tea to me, right now. Any rate, I wanna look at Whimbrel and PYP, don't like their reasons for where they are right now. Whimbrel hardly has a reason at all; care to elaborate on why Sruix is so suspicious?
[Image: sig.gif]
(04-11-2014, 12:35 AM)Schazer Wrote: »pffft dingle your pringles more like hop on your popcorn
(06-03-2014, 03:10 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »DON'T EDIT POSTS YOU'LL GET MODKILLED wait a minute.
AKillerCuppaTea – (6) – Ixcaliber, TimeothyHour, Dragon Fogel, Pinary, Mirdini, MrGuy
Sruixan – (4) – Pharmacy, Schazer, Whimbrel, Pick Yer Poison
Woffles – (1) – g0m
Mirdini – (1) – Solaris
Insufficient Fresh – (1) – Drakenforge
MalkyTop – (1) – Woffles
MrGuy – (1) – ProfessorLizzard
ProfessorLizzard – (1) - Wheat
Whimbrel - (1) - Insufficient Fresh

(Abstaining - 3 - AKillerCuppaTea, MalkyTop, Sruixan)

With 20 alive it takes 11 to lynch and 6 to soft lynch. Deadline is in 4 days.
Maybe it's just because I'm new to Mafia, but while Tea /does/ seem a bit suspicious, I'm thinking it's possible that he's just new and doesn't know how to deal with being accused? I've still got my eye on him, but I'm MORE suspicious of Sru, who I /know/ has played this game many times before and is still tripping my suspicions with his defensiveness!

I just really hope I am not misjudging these two, so if someone with more mafia experience than a girl who got herself lynched in the first round of the first online mafia game she ever played because she kept cracking up because she was in the "guardian angel" role found it HILARIOUS that she was the first one fingered could do some further analysis of this situation it would be nice. ><

(Also, I am sorry for editing my post; I didn't delete anything, just struck it out ><. Is "EBWOP" double posting or something...?)
~◕ w◕~
Yeah, EBWOP (Edit By Way Of Post) is double-posting to clarify something you just posted, rather than outright editing it.
SpoilerShow
Thank you for the clarifications!

I had thought I could take a guess at the "normal" rules, but I really should have known that editing was a no-no ><

The ones I've thought would be rules were things like "No talking about ongoing games outside of the thread and the "quicktopic" provided; ESPECIALLY not something like a PM!!" and now I've been told of the no edits (Which, in hind-sight, should have been obvious ><); but now I'm a bit anxious that I might be missing some obvious rules because I'm new D:

So, if it's not too much trouble, would someone list the mafia rules or faux pas to avoid....? I don't want to do something wrong and mess up the game ><
~◕ w◕~
It was a pretty awful oversight to not include any rules, so I'll sort that out now. Apologies to people who had problems as a result. ;_;
SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

Anyway, yeam Sruixian did over react there, but I don't think that it is totally deserving of him being flipped like a pancake.
If he keeps it up however, I will not be so sure.
Also, I am not so sure about this here tea lynchings.
It makes me uneaaaaaaaaaaaasy see.
But I can somewhat dig it.
Pick Yer Poison Wrote:What's got you so nervous?
The very fact I'm playing mafia with you guys again for the first time in six months, really. I'm awkwardly aware that I have a reputation to uphold here and yet I keep proving in IRC that I'm really rather out of practice. I'm not sure I'd say nervous way the right word, but I'm certainly feeling some pressure to perform...
Whimbrel Wrote:I'm MORE suspicious of Sru, who I /know/ has played this game many times before and is still tripping my suspicions with his defensiveness!
...see what I mean? To that end, with my post I really was only trying to help; I didn't have much to go on at the time, so was just trying to shake some rust of my scumdar by hunting for things that could potentially have been useful. I apologise if it didn't come across as such.

Also, as Drak said, attacking me for writing three paragraphs is like scolding a fish for being sopping wet; given that I can stretch out "hello" to thirty words without even trying (you don't want to see it), as far as I'm concerned it is a wee bit silly. Uncharacteristically, though, I think I've gotten through all the points I'd like to make in my defense within two paragraphs, so I think I'll call this a wrap.
Thanks Solaris! Happymelon

Additional rules are included below. There's one non-standard item so you should take look.

SpoilerShow
I'm going to Unvote: Fresh because he hopped off the Tea wagon with logic and Vote: MrGuy because he hopped on without any. Vague "more suspicious" lines do nothing for anyone.
If you have to choose between Option A: I have no opinion and Option B: I have no oppinion, make option C!

I was also sure I posted this before but apparently not. Huh. Must have forgottent to hit submit.
Specifically, what I find made Tea "more suspicious" is that whole thing with the vague hunches. It just seemed desperate to me. At the same time, as I believe has already been mentioned, a day one lynch is advantageous for the town, and since it appears to be between Tea and Sruixan, I simply thought Tea was the scummier candidate.

Sorry :V
Whimbrel Wrote:Maybe it's just because I'm new to Mafia, but while Tea /does/ seem a bit suspicious, I'm thinking it's possible that he's just new and doesn't know how to deal with being accused? I've still got my eye on him, but I'm MORE suspicious of Sru, who I /know/ has played this game many times before and is still tripping my suspicions with his defensiveness!

I just really hope I am not misjudging these two, so if someone with more mafia experience than a girl who got herself lynched in the first round of the first online mafia game she ever played because she kept cracking up because she was in the "guardian angel" role found it HILARIOUS that she was the first one fingered could do some further analysis of this situation it would be nice. ><

The first paragraph makes me more comfortable. The second makes me less so. Hm... I dunno...

Drakenforge Wrote:I'm going to Unvote: Fresh because he hopped off the Tea wagon with logic

...Er... Sure you've got the right person? I never voted for Tea.
[Image: sig.gif]
(04-11-2014, 12:35 AM)Schazer Wrote: »pffft dingle your pringles more like hop on your popcorn
(06-03-2014, 03:10 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »DON'T EDIT POSTS YOU'LL GET MODKILLED wait a minute.
I have been more or less missing in action. Sorry about that!

Insufficient Fresh Wrote:Vote: Ixcaliber. Not terribly happy with the Teawagon. Most suspicious of Ix out of anyone. Why would you be looking for a lynch so early in the first day?

I don't like this post. You are "not happy with the Teawagon," but then you continue to vote not only the first person who voted Tea (who is as such not on the wagon by definition) but also going by voting on someone's randomvote while there's been at least some logic tossed around so far.

I also don't like how you take Ix's post out of context the way you do. You say "Why would you be looking for a lynch so early in the first day" as if he is vote-happily jumping on the wagon to drive Tea to hardlynch, but his post got preceded by two people who said "I'm not gonna vote" so Ix's reply being "it's better to vote than not vote" is pretty logical.

Whenever I can write two paragraphs about a post as short as that I usually vote on that. Vote: Fresh
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
Oh, I forgot to add a little bitty but it's not as relevant as the rest. ATtacking new players is an oft' scum tactic because they're less likely to put up a stunning defense.
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
Woffles Wrote:Oh, I forgot to add a little bitty but it's not as relevant as the rest. ATtacking new players is an oft' scum tactic because they're less likely to put up a stunning defense.

Who are you trying to incriminate with this statement, Woffles?

I'm gonna Vote: Woff-woff because WOJJIE IS ALWAYS SCUM
And Schazer is always the hooker.

Nyaha!
I'm going to make a post here, to Unvote:Woffles and Vote:MalkyTop for reasons I am unable to disclose at this time.
Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-20-2012 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Please do not post your size for opinions. Thanks.
I still don't want to lynch Tea, and though Fresh definitely made a mistake there and was rather illogical, I thought of it as a simple mistake. He's a new player too, isn't he? I think?

But I still want to keep an eye out on him.

I also want to ask what Wheat's up to, doing a thing like that, threatening peeps and putting up suspect terms and crap...
I'm just gonna say here (cos i thought id said it earlier, but giving the thread a quick once-over, i dont think i have) that i didnt find Sruix's initial post that got people voting him very suspicious, and once people started pointing it out, i went back to have a look at it, and i STILL didnt find it suspicious. I'm not sure what people are seeing in that particular post thats so scummy... i mean, the one thing i seem to pick up on is that he used a lot of words which is...well, i use a lot of words too, regardless of what faction im with. As for his apparent nervousness, i thought (and he's later confirmed) that it was more a case of being out of practice then anything else.

Basically, since a lot of people voted him - some for RVS reasons, some with seamingly stronger reasons - im wondering if i didnt miss something here?

MrGuy Wrote:Specifically, what I find made Tea "more suspicious" is that whole thing with the vague hunches. It just seemed desperate to me. At the same time, as I believe has already been mentioned, a day one lynch is advantageous for the town, and since it appears to be between Tea and Sruixan, I simply thought Tea was the scummier candidate.

Sorry :V

The thing is, putting down the lynch candidates to a binary option - especially in the early days - is often a very scummy thing to do. Its never best to limit your options, but the impression i get from this post is lack of knowledge rather then maliciousness. I have no strong read in this game currently, and i wouldnt really feel comfortable lynching anyone right now. However, Guy, you're becoming my scummiest read in the game - not by much, to be fair, but if i absolutely had to lynch someone today, it would probably be you.

However, before i put my vote anywhere, lets play Question Time. I'd like everyone in the game (including myself, though im gonna let a few others post answers before i do) to answer who they would A) Cop, B) Doc, and C) Vig if they had to do so right now, with reasons. The reasons are more important then the names, so make sure you dont forget em!
EBWOP:

g0m Wrote:I'm going to make a post here, to Unvote:Woffles and Vote:MalkyTop for reasons I am unable to disclose at this time.

If you dont disclose the reasons, im not sure how you expect people to follow your vote :|
AKillerCuppaTea Wrote:If you dont disclose the reasons, im not sure how you expect people to follow your vote :|

I don't expect or particularly want people to follow my vote.
Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-20-2012 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Please do not post your size for opinions. Thanks.