Mafia: The Last Resort [EPILOGUE: THE END]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sometimes a person will be encumbered with a problem so terrible, they will travel to the ends of the earth to find the solution to their issue.

And at the ends of the earth, they find The Last Resort.

[Image: ijj922.png]

Welcome to The Last Resort! This is a mafia game for approximately twenty players (if I can get them) although there is opportunity to go a little higher than that. As with Red Death (if anyone remembers that) there will be no vanilla roles. In Red Death this in addition to my inexperience led to an imbalance between sides, but I've learnt from my mistakes somewhat.

Normal rules of mafia apply. No copy/pasting of role PMs, keep it civil, etc etc.

Enjoy!

Dramatis Personae

1. Solaris - Faramund Mlakar - Insane Cop - Burned to ash N3 - Town
2. MrGuy - Eddy Marsch - Cupid - Lethal injection N3 - Town
3. Dragon Fogel - James Ericson - Encryptor Roleblocker - Lethal injection N5 - Mafia
4. TimeothyHour
5. Schazer - Sarah Black - Interceptor - Killed N1 (heart and brain removed) - Town
6. Wheat - Victor Fischer - Flavour Cop - Drowned N4 - Cult
7. AKillerCuppaTea - 'Archduke' Helme T. Saviour - Doctor - Lynched D1 - Town
8. Pinary
9. Mirdini - Jack Brume - Idiot Savant - Lynched D6 - Cult
10. Woffles - Eliza Veronesi - Hunted Duelist and Cult Leader - Blown up internally N5 - Cult
11. MalkyTop - Elena Clay - Roleblocker - Lynched D3 - Town
12. Sruixan - David Roosevelt - Busdriver - Technically lynched D4 - Mafia
13. ProfessorLizzard - Anzo Dionysus - Sane Cop - Put in blender N6 - Town
14. Ixcaliber - The Black and White Man - Absorber Amnesiac - Cooked and eaten N2 - Town
15. Drakenforge
16. Pick Yer Poison - Daniel DiCarlo - Monolith - Lynched D2 - Town
17. Whimbrel soundlyParanoid - Eveline Faraday - Tracker - Lynched D5 - Town
18. Insufficient Fresh SleepingOrange - Nazario Silver - Executioner - Lethal injection N6 - Mafia
19. Pharmacy - Olivia Kay - Hunter Duellist - Killed in Duel N2 - Third Party
20. g0m Sanzh

Rules (Added 22/8/11)

The majority of these are common sense, so please don't feel insulted when you see me going into detail about the painfully obvious. It's all in the interest of clarity.

1. The exact content of role PMs (and any other important messages I send) should remain a secret between me and the recipient. This means no direct quoting of these messages, although paraphrasing is allowed if you have no other choice than to claim. The advantage of this is that fakeclaims aren't immediately obvious and the game becomes much more interesting as a result.

2. Speaking of claims, mass claiming is frowned upon. Violation of this rule coupled with the breaking of the previous rule leads to short and terrible games where the mafia are rooted out in an instant. Not only is that not fun, but it's a waste of a closed set up.

3. What happens in the game stays in the game. Please don't discuss it outside of this thread or the Quick Topic threads, even with people who aren't playing. In addition to being risky for the game's integrity, this can also lead to a shortage of suitable replacements if all the people who aren't playing know a lot about what's going on.

4. No editing of posts. Usually the reasons for this are innocent, but it can also be useful for anyone trying to cover their tracks. Double (or triple, quadruple, etc) posting is therefore perfectly acceptable if somebody wishes to amend or add to the contents of their previous post.

5. Please remain somewhat active, posting once or twice per in game day at the very least. Also being reasonably prompt with any night actions you may have is appreciated. Failing to do so will usually result in you being lynched, and that's less than agreeable. If you wish to leave the game, please inform me as quickly as possible so a replacement can be found for you. (If you know you're going to be absent from the game for a little while it would also be a good idea to inform people so it's not mistaken for inactivity.)

6. I will assume all bolded names to be votes for that person, and any unbolded mentions to be merely discussion. Adding colour to votes also helps to make things easy for me, so I know that you're not just having fun with formatting tags and I can see it easily when skimming through.

7. When night falls upon the thread, no further posts are allowed barring any lynched or just killed players who wish to post an info-free lament. If you're not dead then I don't want to see it, even if it is in spoiler tags.

8. If you die, then you are allowed a post where you can voice your opinion on the matter and cheer on your team. No further information may be revealed. Even if you suddenly realised the entirety of the scum team previous to your death, you may not breath a word of it to anyone but those in the dead chat or myself.

9. Dead chat will obviously be a thing. Please don't link any non-dead players to it should you happen to die.

10. After days end there will be a 24 hour long twilight. (This is kind of significant so I'm yet again kind of baffled as to why I didn't mention it before now.) During the twilight the votes will be suspended, and at the end of it the unlucky person who was voted to be lynched will meet their fate. (Assuming it wasn't a no lynch day, anyway.) Posting in the thread is still allowed during twilight, the only difference from daytime being that you can't vote. After twilight will come the night.

11. Any rules that I have laid down will result in a modkill if broken. Usually this will be after a warning (or several, depending on the severity of the broken rule) but once I decree you modkilled you're out for good. I doubt it will come to that, but it's still perfectly possible.
Be civil to one another. The game ceases to be fun once everyone goes crazy. (Being suspicious of people and pressing your case is perfectly fine. Just don't make it personal or react aggressively if you're accused of being scum. It's all just a game.)

12. Speaking of which, you should play to win and have fun. Never give up trying to win, especially if you're mafia. That said, you should definitely not cheat to make that happen. It's just not worth breaking the rules, and if you do win then it cheapens the victory.

13. However, if you find that you're not enjoying the game then please talk to me about it. If there's a specific problem then I'll do my best to fix it (and I probably caused it anyway, this being my game) or we can talk about getting you replaced if you feel that nothing can be done. Either way, my door is always open and you can contact me on the forums, privately on IRC or through your personal Quick Topics. This entire venture is a waste of time if everyone's hating it, so it's in my best interests to smooth the ride for you all.

Good luck and have fun!
Re: Mafia: The Last Resort [Sign Ups!]
YES
Yo ho ho.
Sure, why not.
I'll try out some mafia, sure.
Deffers.
In please!
I shouldn't but yes please
No question I'm in~
Alright, this is pretty good going so far. It's good to have you all. Happymelon
Haha, on observing how things have progressed (that is to say, not at all) I'm going to have to rescind that little bit of optimism and propose that I move this game to the MSPA forums.

All in favour, say aye (or the equivalent there of).
Nay!

I vote that we pester people (who're already on this forum (or not I guess we'll see)) to join this fine game on here, I'm sure we can wrassle up enough folks Happymelon
And such pestering brings me here.

A-go-go!
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
Someone bugged me to join.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.
Blame Mirdini please. An offer was made that I refused.

...and then changed my mind, because I'm an indecisive fool like that...
I am here!

To join!
Mirdini you are fantastic~

Welcome aboard, people who just joined. Unfortunately, we now have the direly unlucky number of thirteen players and seven (a very lucky number indeed) people must join to rectify this trespass into superstitious territory. I have faith in you, people who have not yet made themselves part of this!
I'm here because Malky told me to.

I've never played mafia before so... yeah...
I'll sign up too.

Man this place is strange.
This is just a post to promote helpful mafia links, since they can never go amiss.

Beginner's Guide

Guide For Townies

Many Roles
Re: Mafia: The Last Resort [Sign Ups! 5 Spots Left]
Fuck okay fine call off your Mirdini attack dog
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
Yes, I think I would like to be in this, please~
~◕ w◕~
Hi it's Watts. You didn't see anything. Signin' up :L
[Image: sig.gif]
(04-11-2014, 12:35 AM)Schazer Wrote: »pffft dingle your pringles more like hop on your popcorn
(06-03-2014, 03:10 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »DON'T EDIT POSTS YOU'LL GET MODKILLED wait a minute.
Ah, bluh. Sign me up. :D
Re: Mafia: The Last Resort [Sign Ups! 1 Spot Left!]
yeah okay
Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-20-2012 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Please do not post your size for opinions. Thanks.