Mafia: The Last Resort [EPILOGUE: THE END]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mafia: The Last Resort [EPILOGUE: THE END]
Re: Mafia: The Last Resort [Processing...]
It always happens the same way.

First, a person – it could be anyone – acquires a terrible but unusual personal problem. In an effort to find an answer to the tragedy that has befallen them, they will begin to travel. There will be no apparent reason why they can't simply stay put, but restlessness will overcome the victim and they will be compelled to wander through the cities and countries of the world.

Aimlessly, this person will drift. They will find no solution. No cure. For it is only when they have completely abandoned all hope and find themselves with nowhere else to go that they will find it: The Last Resort.

Upon finding the building, this miserable husk of a human will be drawn to enter despite the sumptuous appearance that would normally alert them to the presence of a hefty price tag. By rights, staying at this place should far exceed the means of the sufferer's depleted wallet.

In spite of this, the staff at reception will greet them with a smile and a nod. The words are always the same:

“Ah, we've been expecting you.”

The person, now a guest at the hotel, will be utterly unfazed by this turn of events. It seems that they, too, have been expecting this place to turn up some day. Perhaps that is the only reason they even began to travel.

A key for a room will be accepted, all without the slightest implication of payment. It seems currency is not something the Last Resort deals in.

The guest will stay at the hotel for some time. There will be many others there with them, all suffering from curious and intriguing ailments. Within this place, however, they will begin to improve. Symptoms will drop away until they stand fully cured, years, days or even hours after they first checked in. Their stay will have nothing short of sublime, their every need cared for within beautiful and spacious surroundings.

Even so, the now unafflicted person will leave the Last Resort with a spring in their step and smile on their face, eager to return to the outside world.

Or, at least, that's how it's supposed to go.

_ _ _

It was a beautiful spring morning, with sunshine pouring in through the windows. It was also a very special day, for a person was due to leave the Last Resort. The inhabitants of the hotel were all in a congratulatory mood, their only sadness being derived from the loss of good company that the departure would result in. Some of them had taken to reminiscing about the small wonders of the outside world, hoping for the day that they too would be able to leave.

Soon enough, however, it became apparent that something wasn't quite right. It was late morning already, and there was no sign of the one who was due to leave.

Thinking that she must have overslept, a small group ascended to the room of the person in question. Knocking on the door elicited no response, so they attempted to open the door – only to find it unlocked.

That wasn't so strange, perhaps. The community within the hotel was very trusting. Still, for many of them locking the door was done out of force of habit when they left the room. A habit that the resident of this particular room had stuck with.

Inside there was no sign of the woman. On a king-sized bed there were stacks of folded clothes and a bulging suitcase, but that was it.

A little confused, the search party started to leave, already proposing new places to look. It was then, however, that one of them raised a very good point.

“Wait – if all her clothes are folded on the bed, then what's in the suitcase?”

Silence. Nobody dared voice the crazy thought that sprung to their minds.

Slowly, a particularly brave soul stepped forward and unzipped the suitcase.

With a deep breath to steady themselves, they flipped it open.

And screamed.

They had found her. The only problem was that she was no longer in one piece.

_ _ _

Sometime later it became apparent through the confusion and residual fear the incident had caused that there had been a note lain neatly on the dismembered body parts. A little fussing resulted in the presenting of this note. It read as follows, constructed by letters cut out of magazines:

“Dear guests of the Last Resort,

A group of us are less than happy about the state of affairs within this hotel. We have no desire to leave, and we resent the choice being taken from us. However, we realise that few of you will understand this line of thinking, having believed the cultivated lies that would lead you to believe that the entire process of the hotel's function being 'healthy' and 'necessary'.

Therefore, we will not attempt to convert you.

We will simply kill all those who disagree, one every night.

Thank you for your understanding.”

It seemed only natural that the guests would respond with a matching threat: the formation of the lynch mob.

And so it was that blood came to be shed within the Last Resort.

_ _ _

I am now sending out the role PMs. Once you receive them, confirm in the thread or in your Quick Topics and I will start the game once we've got enough.
Re: Mafia: The Last Resort [Awaiting Confirmations]
Confirmed.
I am confirming.
With a quiet and polite determination, the lynch mob had been assembled. Now the talking would begin.

The day ends on the 26th August at 10PM GMT. With 20 alive it takes 11 votes to lynch and 6 to soft lynch.
Re: Mafia: The Last Resort [Day 1: The Beginning]
Okay, this is the part where we randomly vote for whoever and then figure out what the hell we're doing.

So, let's see... Vote: Sruixan for disappearing for months, clearly he used all that time devising his latest nefarious scheme.
Clearly.

I'm the type of person who would rather wait for people to talk a bit more before doing much, sooooo I'll just sit here, I suppose.
I'm here and have absolutely nothing to contribute to discussion other than the typical no lynch/random lynch pros-and-cons pap. So, this post is mainly to not lurk, because everybody hates lurkers.
Hey I made it. Ok let's see random vote... Woop doop Vote: Woffles.
[Image: sig.gif]
(04-11-2014, 12:35 AM)Schazer Wrote: »pffft dingle your pringles more like hop on your popcorn
(06-03-2014, 03:10 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »DON'T EDIT POSTS YOU'LL GET MODKILLED wait a minute.
VOTE MIRDINI FOREVER
Okay so a potential mafia kill is more useful than no kills at all. To that end a random Vote: AKillerCuppaTea

EDIT: I mean a potential mafia kill is more useful than definately no mafia kill.
Alright, so, we have a bunch of different votes for different people.

Since I personally think daylynching is more advantageous for the town, I'm also going to vote for AKillerCuppaTea. He says he's a killer right in his name!
Vote: Player Number 18- ???? for not having a name apparently
That's Insufficient Fresh, also known as Watts. Schazer changed his name and whoosh! didn't update the signups.

If you want to randomvote him anyways, be my guest. Just saying, that's who you're voting for.
I think I'll go vote for Sruixan, because that name is NEFARIOUS, NEFARRRRIOUS I TELL YOU.
g0m gets my vote.
Vote: MalkyTop

Clearly she isn't voting so nobody would get cross with her. Cleeeeearly!
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
*A celestial walrus descends from the heavens , and hands PL a note. He reads it aloud.*

Vote: MrGuy
Two things:

1) Confirm. I love the flavour!

2) Even if you believe you have nothing to add, or think that your opinion has already been stated, its always better to post then not to. Similarly, it is (almost) always to have your vote at least SOMEWHERE. Posting and talking to each other and asking each other questions is what makes this game fun!

Unfortunetly, early on, the votes tend to be random - but even in random voting stages, people can slip up. I have my eye on three people right now, in fact, but i will englect to mention which people, so as to not alert them that they have eyes on them - similarly, this means that people who i "don't" have my eye on must also be wary cos they won't know that im not watching them. of course this is a bit of a misnomer, im watching over you all right now. just some are already sticking out more then others.
So you have suspicions but you won't share them on even one of your three? That seems, um, unhelpful. And a bit opportunistic. "Oh hey, you're one of my three suspects and now you're acting scummy!"

Unvote, Vote: Tea. I've got no preference either way on Sruixan, seeing as he hasn't said anything yet, but Tea is not looking particularly helpful right now.
I'm going to vote:Woffles, because it's something to do.
Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-20-2012 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Please do not post your size for opinions. Thanks.
I'm going to have to agree with Fogel here. If they were solid enough feelings to accuse someone, then it probably would've been good to share, but if they're not enough that you want to put them on the line just yet, then isn't saying "I've got my eye on people" just making yourself look cool and useful?

Vote: Tea for now.
ProfessorLizzard Wrote:*A celestial walrus descends from the heavens , and hands PL a note. He reads it aloud.*

Vote: MrGuy
I have no idea whether this is role-related flavor or not.

Anyway, I agree that Tea should make clear his suspicions. Hunches are really all we have to go on in Round One, so to keep them secret isn't a great idea.

That said, I'm not willing to throw my vote there yet, lest a bandwagon start up too early.
Vote: Solaris FOR EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
/shrug, ok. My reasoning for witholding my suspicions was (1) seeing how things went with them people and whether or not they would slip and (2) they are gut feelings and nothing majorly concrete at all (in fact, i dont doubt im wrong) but here they are:

1) Pharmacy
2) Timeothyhour
3) Malkytop
I would just like to make it completely clear that I haven't spent the past six months coming up with a variety of interesting ways to murder, backstab or deceive you in ways that allow me to control you to further my own fiendish whims.

Honest.

Tea, can I assume from the fact you did little more than simply post your "suspect" list that they are all based on gut? It's not a problem if that's the case, it's just that it would be nice to know otherwise. As for you not wanting to reveal them intially, I can accept that it might have been done with good intentions, but I think people are right that we should probably point out even our hunches, especially this early on.

Hypocritically enough, I'm not sure I actually have any real hunches at the moment; maybe Fogel was a bit quick with that vote on Tea (but even then, it is the RVS after all), and maybe MrGuy's acknowledgement that he probably wouldn't have much to contribute early on is making early excuses for a future lack of input and opinion (or maybe it's just exactly what it says and my ability to read players that has sadly become a bit rusty is currently in paranoia mode). There's nothing concrete, so I'm not sure what to do yet. I don't do voting at this stage on principle, so don't hold your breath, peeps.