can we have pizza hut instead
RE: Tiny Chat People
I just caught up to TPC!

I love the adventure, but I feel like I'm waking up to the end Meloncholy
Sig:
SpoilerShow
hahahahahah
we're not at the end of the adventure yet unless you guys mess up really hard.
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
indeed! we can mess up a little, in fact we're perpetually in a state of making a mess of things, I think it's almost impossible for a collective to not be constantly messing up something at least a little at any given time, but as long as we don't mess anything up more than necessary, we should be mostly fine. probably dead by the end of it, but you know... at least we had fun
Watch in awe as I end every comment I've ever written and ever will write with the greatest and most anticlimactic signature in the universe!!!!!!!!!

poopy
So, Wax got pretty upset that we made that knife and accidentally enfored Autobalance. But if he didn't want anybody to ever do that sort of thing, he could just straight up disallow it. After all, he is the admin. So there probably are times in sessions when activating Autobalance and involving the admin, is the right thing to do, probably when the game enters some sort of "stalemate" situation where no one can progress. What I'm getting at here is that wax isn't annoyed we tripped Autobalance, he's annoyed at the reason we did it. Which is basically what he said when he first appeared.
WAX: you brought me into the game
WAX: FOR THIS?
We're a noob who epically failed at his game. But I dont think he hates us. He's annoyed at us, sure, but if we end up teaming up with him, I think he will try and help us, because its better to play with a proficent player than a sucky one. At least if we don't do anything that stupid again.
So to sum up, i think teaming up with Wax would be fine.
The problem with that is, even if everything you say is correct, teaming up with Wax means fighting everyone else, which is not what most of us want. To the point where quite a few of us have been thinking that refusing to play the game as intended is our best option.

I'm also of the opinion that this is, frankly, Wax's fault. We made one knife for stupid reasons, sure. But he effectively made four (or is it five? Don't know if he got one too, doesn't change the point) and when it comes down to it, his reasons are "because that's what the rules implied I should do in this situation".

Maybe he can offer a really good defense of that position, but until he does, I'm treating this as his fault more than ours.
Well, I assume that its sort of like a video game, and Autobalance is something he programmed in to happen automatically. He probably has the power to reset the knife action, but player-bound items are something that is allowed, and undoing it would basically be like like bending the rules to excuse a newbie's mistakes.
Which would be fair enough. When you're playing a board game with an infant, you'd probably simplify the rules and allow them to take back their mistakes.
But Wax is more like someone who wants to play the full game, by the rules, and no take-backs. Which is also an understandable position, especially considering its his game. Its just a bit callous.
Of course a lot of this is conjecture about the nature of the game and Wax. But I think it makes sense.

As for the the whole team-up situation, I have no idea which of the courses of action would be best, and i feel like everything i could add to the main discussion has already been said. I just wanted to chirp in that I don't think Wax hates us.

On another topic, something that isn't clear is how exactly you "win" a war. Because its impossible to kill anyone else's TCPs. Is there some point of low enough health that counts as beaten? It may be that some of the "going against the game" ways of winning we came up with, like getting everyone else's cats to go rogue, might be completely legitimate strategies.
You kill a TCP by issuing the KILL command to one of your TCPs iirc
Yes, and that was stated to be the ONLY way for them to die. So how do you beat your opponent's in a war? What counts as "beaten"?
When a player has no cats left because they're all either dead or rogue???

So you need to wear down other cats' health, either through your cats physically attacking, enemy cats' health being depleted through ability overuse, or maybe damage caused by in-game objects gods have created (like traps???)

Them once an enemy cat's health is critical, you have to command your cat to make the kill. ( all of which to me is a deeply fucked up thing for small sentient beings to experience (both suffering like that and having to kill someone with your own hands) so I'm strongly Team "do not play by the rules of this game")
"Fennel whimpers a little, soft sounds of a wine glass being chipped. It understands- it will die if you use the KILL command on it… and only then, never in any other condition."

TCPs can't kill eachother. Only players can, and only their own TCPs.
kill command will be explained in detail as we go but TCPs absolutely can kill eachother and that is the only way to die
People seem to be in favor of teaming up with wax and I'm inclined to agree.
One thing to consider if someone's thinking of teaming up with someone else: We've told wax exactly what our plan is. If we don't join him, he's gonna end up tattling to the other team.
Let's start using this again, folks. I'm going to do my best to filter through and sort the various design suggestions and provide feedback, take it as you will.

Behold, the Design Megapost!

Outfit Design Suggestions so far (in no particular order):
#1 RedGreenBlue
SpoilerShow
#2 seppawku
SpoilerShow
#3 Vic
SpoilerShow
#4 wiltingMyosotis
SpoilerShow

Logo/Flag Design Suggestions:
#1 Schazer
SpoilerShow
#2 CSJ
SpoilerShow

On Flags:
The most important rule of vexillology is that the details have to be legible from a great distance. If you can't see the details or colours, then you can't easily identify the flag. I think Schazer's symbol uses too many similar pastel colours and the designs inside the symbol are hard to see. Mine is not perfect either - the green lilypad makes the heads harder to spot, but it does show off our motif better (imo). If someone wants to take my design and improve it, please do. I'll make a flag version later otherwise.

On Outfits:
RGB's design is my current favourite, based mainly on the co-ordinated look. Some nice touches like Tube's headset and the usb logo connects to our three heads and hydra motif. I think Fennel and Windy would benefit from more practical uniforms (can TCPs feel cold?) but I can live with it.
seppawku's ideas are good in parts, though there's less connection to our motifs and style. Windy should keep those fingerless gloves given their parkour skillz. The others? not so much.
Vic - you may feel a little imposed by the others, but I like the incorporation of a pin across the team as a means of identification. It allows each TCP to have a more unique style. Is that a flat cap on Tubes?
wiltingMyosotis - Nice designs, but like you said yourself, not much to suggest we're all on the same team. Bandanas are pretty and appropriate.

Overall: All these designs have good elements that can be combined to make a greater whole. I can't give much advice for Fennel since I can't recall seeing her powers, but each TCP should have an outfit that will supplement theirs.

For headwear, I recommend going for a subtly rebellious look. Fennel would totally rock a phrygian cap. My suggestions are to have some sort of robe/outer garment and a lapel or badge (cockades are a famous historical example used by French revolutionaries and many others) as team gear. The rest can be personalised.
[Image: jt0Cf7522wX9Gp-rLZuSVuS9drxEdxC7ZldowSZy...640-h80-no]
Yes, Tubes is wearing a Flatcap.
(01-26-2018, 03:09 PM)Vic Wrote: »Yes, Tubes is wearing a Flatcap.
Neato. I'll be honest, I see them wearing something more 90s-esque like a multi-coloured or denim snapback, but flat caps are among the rare hat types unspoilt by bad memes.
[Image: jt0Cf7522wX9Gp-rLZuSVuS9drxEdxC7ZldowSZy...640-h80-no]
So I don't have enough ideas for full outfits but I think it's important that people take this idea into consideration
[Image: bJ8qCPb.png]
https://assets.pcmag.com/media/images/49...height=450

I also think that if we're going to have any kind of logo it needs to have three of something but if you want a symbol that doesn't include frog heads, how about three lily pads over a frog-crimes-killing-knife?
[Image: QCeW5MX.png]
Hey wM I love your designs???? They're really good????
@ Jacquerel, your symbol looks great!! not too complex, but easily recognizable, plus uses our biggest mistake haha
the headphones are a cute idea too. i think either bandanas or hats are a must, but the rebel idea's a good one
Love the three lily pads over the frog-crimes-killing-knife. It is perfect in every way
SpoilerShow
I concur, that is a killer symbol
Sig:
SpoilerShow
please give tubes cat ear headphones

i big agree with jac for non dating reasons bc hes very good at being correct

i dont think we need anything too fancy as much as stuff thats cute, anything cute deserves to win imo
Standing here, The way ahead's becoming clear
All across these new frontiers
In my hands I hold the ones I love
Walk forward through the cold dawn
Always to new horizons
It's come up in the thread that we shouldn't have too many magic items since they hurt tcps. Since I'm still not posting there I'm gonna say this here. Dumpling might actually allow a lot more magic item use, since she can heal the others which would reverse the health effects from using magic. Dumpling could perhaps run out of body after a while but in the short term using magic items might be feasable.
wretch ref and bio done! warning for slightly NSFW, she's grind's counterpart god and a character very close to my heart.
her full bio is here: https://toyhou.se/1494702.wretch
planning on doing these for all the morb characters going forward, be sure to check the extra tabs on the side for a fanart gallery and relationships to other characters.
SpoilerShow
I think it would be a good time to talk shop about getting weapons for our cats, specifically weapons meant for pure defensive capabilities and I think that right now we have some good ideas floating around involving synergies with our motif, which is good and all, but for a god whose whole shtick currently is being independent from gods and being you're own smaller than average feline friend we have not ventured into the realm of giving our cats their own personal weapons that synergize with their type. Unless of course that we can only synergize with our single motif (hydras) and everything I am about to shout about means absolutely nothing, if that is the case it would be very nice if someone with a higher knowledge could let me know before I make too large a fool of myself.

Currently, we have four TCPs that we need to gear to the teeth in protective gear.
We have Windy, a fenestration-type TCP which is honestly a hard one to do anything with defensively. This is mainly because something that shows signs of fenestration has little holes all over or at least windowed sections strewn about, so shields are kind of off the table, unless we want to give them a Rösle Stainless Steel Medium Grater, 1949 rose gold edition as a shield. Maybe we could do some form of grenade with little tiny holes on it to release a sleepy time gas, otherwise i'm at a loss for ideas.
Our next kitten in need is Fennel, a defenestration-type. Personally I have no idea how to incorporate the act of throwing someone out of a window into anything they can use.
After Fennel is Tubes, an internet-type TCP, thank god. Tubes is an easy one, just make it tech oriented in some way, like a laser shield, or a laser net gun, or a laser taser. Boom, easy.
Lastly we have our sweet, sweet dumpling, a soup-type TCP. Dumpling seems like the perfect fit for a defensive weapon. A simple idea could to maybe heavily imply that the goop that our cat busting hydra inspired proton pack may might as well be a nice tasty soup imbued with comfy sleepy time sedatives to really help our new friends rest their kind heads. Also we could actually make something entirely different.

I personally think all of my ideas are not good, at all, but I do hope that they can inspire at least a minuscule amount of thought in someones big brain and also that if someone does have any idea at all or a good hot take to please send them out into this place of discussion so we can discuss about it and hopefully make it a reality that our very small saviors can use to gain victory.
SpoilerShow