Post making contest 2.0

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post making contest 2.0
RE: Post making contest
This is update #62.

Ix can I trust that you're on the case with this? Because, you know...

End of message.
This is update #63.

Code:
Ixcaliber     04:16 PM     Replying to Thread Post making contest

Ah. Fair.

End of message.
sruix you might be disappointed to learn i'm doing a different dumb thing and not actually trying to pass this ruleset
Okay, apparently I missed some posts, easiest thing for me to do is judge them now.

(05-23-2016, 11:00 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »Welcome to the post making contest. there are five secret rules to the post making contest, the winner is whoever is the first to make a post that follows all five of the rules. if someone makes five rule breaking posts they don't get to be in the post making contest anymore. "Them's the breaks" I'm afraid.

And oh yeah the winner gets a special prize...

EDIT: wow lots of people have been running games like this in my thread. here are the rules people have used!!

(04-22-2016, 12:30 AM)g0m Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

(04-22-2016, 02:23 PM)Lankie Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

(04-23-2016, 07:30 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

(04-23-2016, 08:06 PM)Reyweld Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

(04-23-2016, 11:31 PM)Wheat Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

(04-24-2016, 06:17 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

(04-25-2016, 09:57 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

(04-26-2016, 12:11 AM)Robust Laser Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

(04-26-2016, 06:53 AM)Mehgamehn Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

This post passes no rules.

(05-23-2016, 11:00 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »This is update #21.

Likewise:

End of message.

Now, this next post, apparently I judged a bunch of the individual quotes, whoops. I'll just leave those and you can attempt to figure out if they're helpful or not in uncovering the secrets of the rules. But I'm going to judge the full post here.

(05-24-2016, 12:58 AM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »
(05-24-2016, 12:49 AM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »This is update #i don't know any more

Lets actually try?

End of message.

(05-23-2016, 11:58 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »This is update #50.

We managed to pass a rule I guesss.... I guesss maybe we should try to actually pass these rules???

End of message.

(05-23-2016, 11:52 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »I guesssss mwaybe we hduld try something diffetrent?

(05-24-2016, 12:02 AM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »This is update #53.

To clarify this is a revolution. We're running the thread now. We'll let you know if your posts pass our three public rules.

[quote='Sruixan' pid='134031' dateline='1464048075']
This is update #36.

To clarify - these objectives have been chosen to replace the original objective of this thread, "make a post that passes all the rules", because I mean come on seriously? You really expect us to do that? Wow...

End of message.

(05-24-2016, 03:18 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »This is update #62.

Ix can I trust that you're on the case with this? Because, you know...

End of message.

(05-24-2016, 03:19 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »This is update #63.

Code:
Ixcaliber     04:16 PM     Replying to Thread Post making contest

Ah. Fair.

End of message.

(05-24-2016, 03:20 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »sruix you might be disappointed to learn i'm doing a different dumb thing and not actually trying to pass this ruleset

Post making contest
This is update #64.

(05-24-2016, 03:20 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »sruix you might be disappointed to learn i'm doing a different dumb thing and not actually trying to pass this ruleset

I can't be disappointed by that, because I'm not trying to pass this ruleset either. As you were, then.

End of message.
(05-24-2016, 03:42 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »This is update #64.

I can't be disappointed by that, because I'm not trying to pass this ruleset either. As you were, then.

End of message.

passes 72 rules
Ixcaliber Wrote: »
SpoilerShow
In this round, and only this round,

Rule 1 has been passed 7 times
Rule 2 has been passed 9 times
Rule 3 has been passed 12 times
Rule 4 has been passed 9 times
Rule 5 has been passed 6 times
This is update #66.

I mean, on the one hand, Ix, I'm really impressed. On the other, I'm incredibly peeved. So peeved I nearly didn't say "peeved".

Also thank you, Kíeros, for doing us a good service. It doesn't really help, though I am suspicious of the apparent symmetry. Always look for symmetries.

End of message.
Sruix what did you expect clicking a link in this thread? Also here's a link to a spreadsheet i made for this round. It's worth it if only for the embarassment of fails we got on page 147.
(05-24-2016, 04:45 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

This post passes rules 2, 3, and 5 and my hint seems to have been very helpful.

(05-24-2016, 04:49 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »In this round, and only this round,

Rule 1 has been passed 7 times
Rule 2 has been passed 9 times
Rule 3 has been passed 12 times
Rule 4 has been passed 9 times
Rule 5 has been passed 6 times

This post passes rules 2 and 5.

(05-24-2016, 04:54 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »This is update #66.

I mean, on the one hand, Ix, I'm really impressed. On the other, I'm incredibly peeved. So peeved I nearly didn't say "peeved".

Also thank you, Kíeros, for doing us a good service. It doesn't really help, though I am suspicious of the apparent symmetry. Always look for symmetries.

End of message.

This post passes rule 5.

(05-24-2016, 05:02 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »Sruix what did you expect clicking a link in this thread? Also here's a link to a spreadsheet i made for this round. It's worth it if only for the embarassment of fails we got on page 147.

This is update #67.

Ix that truly is "a cool spreadsheet" but despite being so beautifully presented and easy to understand, what I'm actually getting from it is nothing. Absolutely zero ideas of any merit have formed whatsoever. Maybe I would need to look at it for more than two minutes. That might help. I don't want to look at it for more than two minutes.

End of message.
(05-24-2016, 05:23 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »This is update #67.

Ix that truly is "a cool spreadsheet" but despite being so beautifully presented and easy to understand, what I'm actually getting from it is nothing. Absolutely zero ideas of any merit have formed whatsoever. Maybe I would need to look at it for more than two minutes. That might help. I don't want to look at it for more than two minutes.

End of message.

(05-24-2016, 05:08 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »This post passes rules 2, 3, and 5 and my hint seems to have been very helpful.
Still holding you to that "this should be quick", though.

Also, if you'd like to take a break from you gloating on your Akumu-esque level of difficulty in this ruleset to go win the rule creation contest, you can go ahead and do so; it's been left in a very winnable position and I think you know enough of the rules to finish it off.
This is update #68.

Kíeros, I imagine that, if you want Fogel to solve your ruleset, you're going to have to agree to solve this one. That's only fair.

End of message.
(05-24-2016, 05:58 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »
(05-24-2016, 05:08 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »This post passes rules 2, 3, and 5 and my hint seems to have been very helpful.
Still holding you to that "this should be quick", though.

Also, if you'd like to take a break from you gloating on your Akumu-esque level of difficulty in this ruleset to go win the rule creation contest, you can go ahead and do so; it's been left in a very winnable position and I think you know enough of the rules to finish it off.

As for your rules, no I do not, I have a vague suspicion on what one condition might be and I can't even put it with a hard number. I have been almost blindly guessing the whole time. I guess I can blindly guess some more.

(05-24-2016, 06:04 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »This is update #68.

Kíeros, I imagine that, if you want Fogel to solve your ruleset, you're going to have to agree to solve this one. That's only fair.

End of message.

(02-13-2009, 08:05 AM)Sruixan Wrote: »This is update #68.

End of message.
You think I'm not trying? I think this might be a good attempt. Or it might fail everything. Probably the latter.
sruix i was wondering if you are still intent on inflicting rules hell on everyone (yourself included) after this round? i only ask because last night good decision making processes were probably not in action and you didn't sound 100% convinced of this course of action
This is update #69.

Ha. Ha. Ha.

End of message.
This is update #70.

Having written the judging script and everything, I figure I might as well get it over and done with so that I have a legitimate reason to exile myself from proceedings afterwards. This is assuming that Fogel's hell doesn't last for multiple days, and that my rules hell is actually viable. I should probably check that at some point. Not as in "there exists a winning post" viable, but more "someone will be able to figure out how to make a winning post".

End of message.
i guesssssssss we better knuckle down and solve this bullshit then.

Realtalk: Does anyone actually have any understanding of any of these rules.

The distribution of passing rules (and the fact that fogel was drawing our attention to it) seems like it should be some kind of indication that it's based on post number or some other consistent factor rather than actual content of the post, but i'm getting the overall impression we do actually need to do something beyond blindly groping our way to victory. I just don't know what it is.
(05-24-2016, 06:19 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »
(02-13-2009, 08:05 AM)Sruixan Wrote: »This is update #68.

End of message.
You think I'm not trying? I think this might be a good attempt. Or it might fail everything. Probably the latter.

(05-24-2016, 06:33 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »sruix i was wondering if you are still intent on inflicting rules hell on everyone (yourself included) after this round? i only ask because last night good decision making processes were probably not in action and you didn't sound 100% convinced of this course of action

(05-24-2016, 06:45 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »This is update #69.

Ha. Ha. Ha.

End of message.

(05-24-2016, 06:47 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »This is update #70.

Having written the judging script and everything, I figure I might as well get it over and done with so that I have a legitimate reason to exile myself from proceedings afterwards. This is assuming that Fogel's hell doesn't last for multiple days, and that my rules hell is actually viable. I should probably check that at some point. Not as in "there exists a winning post" viable, but more "someone will be able to figure out how to make a winning post".

End of message.

(05-24-2016, 06:54 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »i guesssssssss we better knuckle down and solve this bullshit then.

Realtalk: Does anyone actually have any understanding of any of these rules.

The distribution of passing rules (and the fact that fogel was drawing our attention to it) seems like it should be some kind of indication that it's based on post number or some other consistent factor rather than actual content of the post, but i'm getting the overall impression we do actually need to do something beyond blindly groping our way to victory. I just don't know what it is.

I can tell you that I am not just basing this on post number or something. I am looking at actual post content.

I suggest trying more ridiculous things like #3697, that was a very good post for this ruleset. Even if it might not seem like it.
We could assume that certain things about our blind flailings, such as post length, are randomly distributed. That might affect distribution of passing.
(05-24-2016, 07:42 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »
(05-24-2016, 06:19 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »
(05-24-2016, 05:58 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »
(05-24-2016, 04:49 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »
(05-24-2016, 01:42 AM)Kíeros Wrote: »
(05-24-2016, 12:57 AM)Kíeros Wrote: »
(05-24-2016, 12:47 AM)Kíeros Wrote: »
(05-24-2016, 12:46 AM)Kíeros Wrote: »
(05-23-2016, 11:02 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »
(05-23-2016, 10:48 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »
(05-23-2016, 10:41 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »
(05-23-2016, 10:32 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »
(05-23-2016, 10:09 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »
(05-23-2016, 09:30 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »
(05-23-2016, 09:24 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »[quote='Ixcaliber' pid='133856' dateline='1464038173']
I'M NOT A MATHS I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS
The first post (counting from the beginning of the thread) would have to follow rule 1 of set 2 (R1S2), R2S3, R3S4, R4S5, and R5S6. The second post had to follow R1S3, R2S5, R3S7, R4S9, R5S11. Going forward, the fifth post had to follow R1S6, R2S11, R2S16, R4S21, and R5S26 26-23=3 so R5S3.

And then to be annoying, the 24th post should have been the same as the first, but Akumu screwed things up so it follows R2S4 instead of R2S3. And then kept adding one every 23 posts to that.

So then the 530th should have been the same as the first, so Akumu screwed it up to need R3S5, and kept adding one to that every 529 posts.

Technically, it went on further, but there wasn't 12167 posts so we didn't have to deal with that.