TEAM CHALLENGE(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TEAM CHALLENGE(s)
TEAM CHALLENGE(s)
In this thread, I (and possibly others ?) will host team challenges, with 2+ teams competing in sort of silly mini games. Points will be awarded to the winning team at the end of each minigame, which will be divided among its players. Points will also be awarded to individual players, depending on the challenge. After each Challenge, a Scoreboard will be posted with each players points. When a new challenge is made, you may pick any available team (and are not restricted to staying withyour old team). Anyone can join at any time, unless the challenge has rules saying otherwise.

---

First Challenge: Blind Chess!

For this challenge, there will be two teams: Red and Blue. Red goes first. This will have the normal rules of a game of chess, with the following exceptions/amendments:
  • Long live the King: The King no longer matters. The game continues until an entire team is wiped out, or neither team can capture the others pieces (ex. two pawns in front of each other).
  • More is Better..? : Every player pms me an action for one of their team's pieces. All actions are performed, in order they are submitted. A piece that has already moved cannot move again. All actions must be private; you cannot post in thread/PM someone else what you plan on doing or your action will be negated.
  • Friendly Fire: A team can capture its own pieces.
  • Double Agenda: Players earn points for capturing chess pieces. Pawns are worth 1, Kings are worth 5, and all other pieces are worth 2.
  • Lawn Mower: If a Rook's, Bishop's, or Queen's pathway is blocked by a previous team member's move on the same turn, they still perform their move as if the piece was not there, and then capture the piece they passed.

Winning is worth 15 points for each member of your team. If it comes to a stalemate (neither team can capture the opposite team's pieces through any means), everyone earns 5 points.

If you don't know the rules of chess, they can be found here. Or, if that is too long/dry to read:
SpoilerShow

Join your team (publicly), and then Red team submit your actions (covertly).

TEAMS:
Red: Robust Laser, Schazer, AgentBlue, Mirdini, a52, Shredded.
Blue: Mehgamehn, Coldblooded, Gatr, Gimeurcookie, Palamedes.

Board:
[Image: 0001%20Chess.png]
Sig:
SpoilerShow
RE: TEAM CHALLENGE(s)
I'm joining on team BLOOD.
I'm here for Silver Snakes team BLUE BLOODS
I'll join team BLUE, which as everyone knows, is the color of BLOOD when it is COLD.
Commie bastard signing up
I'll join BLUE.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
I am all the reds.
What's the functionality of multiple people sending in moves? Do we want to do it as a team?
AgentBlue Wrote:What's the functionality of multiple people sending in moves? Do we want to do it as a team?

To make it more chaotic, with friendly fire added to balance if one team is larger than another.

If you think you can get the most points by working together, then yes. There is only 60 points worth of pieces on the board, so it is unlikely for a single player to get more than 15 points from capturing (the reward to each player on the winning team).

So, your actions should both advance your teams victory and have you capturing as many pieces as possible (as an individual).
Sig:
SpoilerShow
This is a cool and fun idea. I consistently enjoy your contributions to the forum community, reyweld.
I'm better Team Red than dead
What order will commands be executed? First Come First Serve?
in order of submission, yep. I'm not so good at chess so I'm not gonna participate :/
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
(03-05-2016, 04:19 PM)SleepingOrange Wrote: »This is a cool and fun idea. I consistently enjoy your contributions to the forum community, reyweld.

c: thank you for such kindness!!

(03-05-2016, 05:11 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »in order of submission, yep. I'm not so good at chess so I'm not gonna participate :/

Correct. Also, don't let skill stop you from playing! The more, the merrier.

@Red Team: You can submit your actions at any time, and this game can start. I'm not going to stop signups until the game is almost over.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
I'm joining team communism!
I'll join Blue's crew.
You must be registered to view this content.
Of course not. You are now on the Red team.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
Blue is life.
I have 4 of 6 red team PMs, and I plan on making an update tomorrow night even if I don't have them all.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
[Image: 0002%20Chess%20Red%20Move%201.png]

RED MOVE 1
1st a52: Rook moves from H1 to H2, capturing a red pawn for +1 point to a52.
FIRST BLOOD
2nd AgentBlue: Pawn moves from b2 to b3.
3rd Robust Laser: Pawn moves from e2 up 2 to e4.
4th Schazer: Queen moves from 1d to 1e, capturing the red king for +5 points to Schazer.
REGICIDE
5th Shredded: The Queen has already moved...

Blue Team, it's your turn to send me PMs!
Sig:
SpoilerShow
*Regicide
You must be registered to view this content.
[Image: 0003%20Chess%20Blue%20Move%201.png]

BLUE MOVE 1
1st Palamedes: Queen moves from d8 to e8, capturing the Blue King. +5 points to Palamedes.
REGICIDE
2nd Coldblooded: Bishop moves from f8 to g7, capturing a Blue Pawn. +1 point to Coldblooded.
3rd Gimeurcookie: Knight moves from g8 to f6.
4th Gatr: Knight moves from b8 to d7, capturing a Blue Pawn. +1 point to Gatr.
5th Meghamehn: The Knight (previously at b8) has already moved...

Time for Red Team's 2nd move! Send in PMs.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
Just a heads up that I won't be able to PM this round (or any further rounds in the next 40 hours) because I'm in an internet hell country that apparently blocks that imagehost.