The thread for flipping shits (and tables)

The thread for flipping shits (and tables)
RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables)
Message sent, but they still haven't responded and I need to go to bed. Hopefully they'll see it when they stop playing Skyrim.
i was in am motorbike accident last night. my left radius and ulna broke completely through and my wrist bonus folded under them. i also suffered a radial head fracture in my right arm and a tibial fracture in my right leg. i have almost no mobility and limited-to-no capacity for things like feeding and cleaning myself.

my bike is pretty fucked up too.
oh god i'm glad you're ALIVE after that
i hope you heal quickly and thouroughly, jeez :[
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
Aaah, Ben. Will you ever catch a break? I'm glad it wasn't worse, but damn.

I wish i could take care of you, please try your best to recover! Meloncholy
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
Oh geez, i'm really glad you're okay! (ish. you know what i mean). I wish you a speedy recovery, dude :c
[Image: WEdy1pW.png] [Image: cyTsdj6.png]
[Image: 30058_799389.png]
I legitimately fell asleep right as you came in IRC and dreamed that I told you I was glad you were okay. When I woke apparently that hadn't happened, so I'll say it here where you can see it.
thank you everyone for your kind words and support. i appreciate it very much
(05-17-2014, 10:32 PM)Wheat Wrote: »ed I know you were mad at ben for messing up your fancy schwinn but this went way too far

IT WAS REALLY EXPENSIVE!!

Digging through my photobucket to retrieve the follow-up brought a lot of memories
I'm glad you're alive, Slorange! D:
Take it easy, focus on recovery, ok??
~◕ w◕~
Don't listen to wheat. That seagull is a bad influence
i had my consult today, and the results are several:

my leg fracture is in such a place it cannot be cast but is of minimal risk for worsening or healing improperly. i have a large cyborgy brace to minimize pain and prevent accidentally twisting it, but from now until it heals i'll just be walking on the broken leg as i have been since the accident.

the right arm fracture is similarly uncastable. however, it will require regular physical therapy to prevent the muscles from locking or the bone healing wrong. i start therapy friday. i dont know how long to expect to continue yet.

the wrist break turned out to be much worse than originally estimated. in addition to breaking across, the radius shattered into what looks like at least four pieces. a plate and a number of screws will need to be installed, but some of the fragments are too small to be properly attached. they will have to be placed and bound and held together mostly with hope and trust in my own healing process. i am likely to develop arthritis, and the soft tissue and nerves may need to be adjusted during surgery to prevent carpal tunnel. the surgeon explicitly said '[my] wrist will never be the same', but the complications could be worse.

i go in for surgery tomorrow morning.
Best of luck, man. I don't even know what else I can say.
Slorange :< I'm sorry, man. Good luck!
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
Ouch. That sounds like a lot of pain. Best wishes in making it through all recovery!
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
I'm having a really bad time with my depression right now
[Image: WEdy1pW.png] [Image: cyTsdj6.png]
[Image: 30058_799389.png]
Aw, Plaid. I'm sorry :<
Yesterday I had my post-surgical consult, which gave me what’s probably the final prognosis on my wrist. (Knee remains a mystery which will likely be MRId to detect tendon or ligament damage in 4-6 weeks.) Fair warning, pictures of my bones behind the cut:

SpoilerShow
I was very stupid and wasn't keeping track of due dates and now I have to finish a research paper and a lab report by 3 PM tomorrow.
RIP
"The parties are advised to chill." - Supreme Court of the United States, case opinion written by Justice Souter
i've recently discovered that my best friend as of about, i dunno, 6 years, has a very weirdly conservative mindset, and i think i've realized that we wouldn't have stayed friends so long if she had been more vocal about certain things before

she's been a really great friend and i don't want to lose her but i'm also really sick of waking up in the morning, checking tumblr, and seeing her reblog something that says that MRAs and Feminists should be equally feared because that Elliot Rogers guy shot some women and feminists advocate abortion

as if those are the same thing at all

and i CAN just block that stuff and ignore it online all i want but last time we visited she brought up some random point about how the population is decreasing so we need more babies or something
i can't block that
i'm so upset
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
I feel the same about most of my irl friends, it's weird to realize your lifelong friends are bigoted and i've become more isolated and reserved lately because of it. I've tried to casually voice my opinions and i've been mocked in some occasions, i don't know, i guess i should try to be more clear about it and reason with them but the fear of being alone is pretty awful. I kind of feel like a piece of crap because of it some days; sometimes i just ignore it and focus on having a good time even though i know it's wrong. It's frustrating.

I don't know how it would be if i was actually the target of said bigotry.
putting this in spoilers just because it's whiny and petty and considering some of the other shit that's been flipped by other people it's really kind of insignificant

SpoilerShow
(06-12-2014, 07:53 AM)Wheat Wrote: »Social issues are emotionally driven. People base them on emotions, and invest a lot of emotions in them, so you changing someone else's mind on a topic like that is not something that you can do by crashing your superior emotions into them (because your emotions are not superior). This is why you have to agree to discuss things like that on objective terms, using unemotional appeal so as to get to the logic behind any stance.

This is very good advice, makes a lot of sense.

Something happened recently that made me realize that i wasn't being very humble in general, i think it had something to do with this as well.
i've
been having really big issues with anxiety and nervousness to the point where if i think of something i immediately think of 3 worst case scenarios and start panicing
like on this post i spent like 10 minutes being worried about it
i want to talk to my parents about it but i'm afraid they'll blow me off

hhh
I'm more pissed right now than I can remember being in my entire life
Ants got in my house; I do not have an accurate emoticon for this situation

Luckily I've got a decent supply of boric acid, so I found and carpet-bombed their entrance point with it; and I'm cleaning up all my floorspace as quickly as I can and squashing the scouts.

I'll have to see how lively the entranceway is in the morning when I leave for driving school, but I'm pretty happy I'm tackling this without freaking out. I like bugs, but a whole bunch of things crawling still gets under my skin, you dig?