Murder By The Book - Ender's Game

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder By The Book - Ender's Game
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 6: Eats, Shoots & Lives
A... spoon polisher? I think that's the role that gives whoever visits them a delayed death. Well. Mirdini was explicitly targeted for a kill N2, and yes Slorange was also explicitly targeted by a cop. My best guess was that it was a poisoning. A oneshot, perhaps, kill power that slowly kills Mirdini though I don't know why scum would prefer this over a regular kill.

I mean, the kill info wasn't detailed or anything. id say a spoon polisher would be a passive role, not an active one, so my power play would not pick up on that.

also fair enough re: sotek, i just dont really want scum to coast on role assumptions, so im giving him a "can wait until later, there are more important people to look at". no offense sotek but youre not the most active person in this game.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
the suggestion of a naive cop is getting me paranoid because straightforward setup, schazer's ass, but donut did clear eberron who was a good lynch target and he ended up being town so ill put my eggs in the straight cop basket.
A spoon polisher would be an active protective role; the spoon polisher would choose a target and if said target is hit with a night kill, instead of flipping at Daystart they flip at Dayend instead. If the spoon polisher's target is not hit with a night kill, it's much the same as a doctor visiting a player who doesn't get killed.

Unless you had a different definition to me for "active" and "passive" roles, but a Power Play not picking up on core protective roles like a doctor is ???????

I mean yeah assuming Cyber was a town Jack of All Trades before Granola press-ganged him, a scum counterpart JOAT is plausible. But if so why use a Poisoning of all kill variants, especially on a target like Mirdini? If it were a poisoning variant that guaranteed a kill at the cost of delaying it until next dayend, I can see that, buuuuuuut it's kind of unwieldy and needlessly complicating the setup. I think Occam's Razor and the kind of Caramel Bonuses Dini would gun for argue that Dini gave himself a half-bulletproofing?

Damn you to hell Dini why couldn't you have told us this shit before you carked it
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 3: The Book of Revelation
(04-08-2014, 09:30 AM)Mirdini Wrote: »I'm going to keel over from internal bleeding at the end of the day.

S'why Slorange is basically clear in my eyes, explains why I actually lived through night one and then suddenly night two lurker!dini is terminated with extreme prejudice (hint it was Undercover going OH WHAT WHY ISN'T DINI DEAD SHOOT AGAIN

a ha ha ha can't kill me that easily I'm afraid

just slightly less easily)
sort of implies dini gained the spoon ability not the poisoning
(05-15-2014, 06:30 AM)Gnauga Wrote: »Donut says that Pala is clear because they threw the townfirm pie at sotek. However, Pala didn't have a choice. Either they throw the pie at somebody, or they eat it at the expiration date, so throwing the pie is a null tell.

it's the choice of target, not the fact of targetting, that makes pala soft-clear.
@Schazer I'm not naive, asked fogel that already.
Mirdini being able to replace hints towards him surviving an extra day had nothing to do with his caramel status (plus it's not like he did much before he was shot so it's entirely possible he never got that into his QT until then as well).

In general it might be best if we stop trying to guess the setup/caramel powers because holy hell this game.

Not sure how comfortable I am with Schazer suddenly becoming active like this the instant a Garuru kill fails. That said there are people I feel just as bad/worse about. Gnauga's a good one.

Vote: Gnauga
Wait, Sotek, could you explain that one to me? I'm not following that line.
[Image: xwldX.gif]
Pretty Sure These Votals Are Right

Whimbrel - 1 (icanhasdonut)
Dalm - 2 (Sotek, Schazer)
Gnauga - 2 (Garuru, Palamedes)

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Soft lynch has been abolished.
Deadline is Monday, May 20th at 11:59 PM Mountain time.
(05-15-2014, 07:34 AM)Schazer Wrote: »heheheh

(04-22-2014, 01:02 AM)Akumu Wrote: »Anybody who says anything about eberron being townish after this point is scum. If we lynch eberron and it turns out I am wrong I will lynch myself because god-damn.

Luckily only one of those conditions obtained so I don't have to go ahead and lynch myself.
(05-15-2014, 01:25 PM)Palamedes Wrote: »Not sure how comfortable I am with Schazer suddenly becoming active like this the instant a Garuru kill fails. That said there are people I feel just as bad/worse about. Gnauga's a good one.

Yo Mr. Still Not Cleared it's that or I coast on my Truegreen-induced sorta-clear and proceed to lurk for another half-day/day/game. Something tragic was bound to happen no matter when I made a reappearance, but I ain't fussed.

We can handle you later, for now I want Whim or Dalm lynchy lynched.
Yes there is a reason I am not voting you for that (plus I feel I've made more valid cases against you in days past anyways) no need to get all passive aggressive.

Seriously though I know I'm not cleared and I haven't acted like I am. What is even the point of bringing that up, or are you miffed that I'm after your scumbuddy and think that the fact that I'm not copcleared somehow makes me scum?
vote dalm
if flavorcop flips scum schazer's confirmed town jussaying
(05-15-2014, 01:31 PM)Gnauga Wrote: »Wait, Sotek, could you explain that one to me? I'm not following that line.

the point is that scum-pala would not pick me as a target of any pie, he'd pick some random like whimbrel or the bigro slot, or whatnot, where there's basically no chance of backfire and nobody would ask troublesome questions.
what if bigro/whimbrel are scum and pala is scum who chose you because other people are scum
mmm. not impossible I guess. but I mean, there was just a lot of low-activity people who *don't* have a 'rep' of being dangerous.
I think what Sotek means is that there were even more people than those two to pie back then (I think it might have even been before you copclaimed too, so that's like another two or three people I could have hit).

Also there's probably a godfather around given the lack of a roleblocker so that could have been another way out.
Pala didn't know what the pie did at the time; only that Slorange probably made it, and therefore its effects were probably pro-town. It's evidence enough, but I wouldn't say it's any kind of townfirm or clear, donut.

vote: whimbrel because I don't really feel like a Dalm lynch after she at least came back (and also I used the wrong pronoun sorryyy). And whim's self-voting thing was still not the best.
[Image: xwldX.gif]
Is there any kind of list of mafia terminology and roles somewhere? That'd be pretty neat I guess sorry.

Anyway, I guess I am going to vote whimbrel too because she was acting a little bit weird in the day before this one and also because she's not me...
Are there particular terms you're confused about?
Well you guys have been pretty good at explaining most of them so far, but what I mean is until stuff's brought up i sorta have no idea it exists.
Sorry this isn't even a legitimate complaint i should just read more mafias I guess.
I'm pretty stupid and lazy.
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

That might help, but I can't guarantee it'll have everything you need to know.
Reminder: Players can feel free to ask me questions in their Quicktopics.
Fact Seagull its a pun on a quote consisting of the oxford comma

"a panda eats shoots and leaves"

"a panda eats, shoots, and leaves"

so i guess it could be considered both. dont know what Good Book schazer is referring to though.
(05-16-2014, 02:23 AM)Wheat Wrote: »i'm not a player so I will ask my question itt:

is that lives as the simple present tense form of the verb live, or lives as the plural form of the noun life

Yes.

(05-16-2014, 02:50 AM)Garuru Wrote: »Fact Seagull its a pun on a quote consisting of the oxford comma

"a panda eats shoots and leaves"

"a panda eats, shoots, and leaves"

so i guess it could be considered both. dont know what Good Book schazer is referring to though.

This one.